Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
finally encoding best movie of all time ROBOTJOX

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

that was a good thread

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
idk what you're talking about

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

the guy who did the let's watch starship troopers thread years ago here did one for robot jocks and it was pretty funny

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

I didn't know this existed until 2 minutes ago but now I really wanna see it

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Rad Lieutenant posted:

I didn't know this existed until 2 minutes ago but now I really wanna see it

its bad but honestly i liked it better than pacific rim as far as giant robot movies are concerned

if i had any idea how secure plex servers were or if it would even run worth a poo poo i'd open mine up for you to watch it

ReverendCode
Nov 30, 2008

8 year old me loved the poo poo out of this movie.
I am pretty sure this is actually the reason I played all those terrible mechwarrior games on the pc.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Zeris posted:

Dads, what is the cheapest/easiest automated tax return software?

I tried out creditkarma's thing this year and it seemed fairly decent. I normally use H&R Block and didn't really notice much of a practical difference between the two.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
robotjocks was so bad i turned it off after the first 15 minutes

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

i just got headhunted and offered 50% more than the job i just took

welp resigning after four days lmao

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
:stare:

I gotta get off my rear end and update my resume.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
first tax site i was using wanted me to pay them. i remembered them having a free tax return the last time i used em, but this time they sprung a 40 dollar bill on me at the end. noped outta there and did it on h&r block instead. even managed to get me 30 bucks more back on my fed taxes so gently caress that other place

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

oh hey veep is back

i thought the series ended for good

im very happy there is more

edit: jfc jonah is the best character

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Apr 17, 2017

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

TBeats posted:

I think I'm gonna see the new alien movie in IMAX because I think the experience will be worth it even if the movie is bad.

Looks a hell of a lot better than Prometheus. First trailer was pretty well put together so I'm actually hype for it.

Shame they canned Blomkamp's alien project though. He's fairly one note and I'm sure Scott's movie will be better but I still thought it sounded interesting

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.

Zeris posted:

Dads, what is the cheapest/easiest automated tax return software?

You get a discount thru USAA for TurboTax. Log in to USAA then the TT link.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Blomkamp's alien would have been all about the xenonorphs just being misunderstood and discriminated against.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Xenomorphs live in the South African ghetto until die antwood teaches them to be gangster. Also, sharlto copley.

Edit: but I would have watched his would-be movie to see WY scientists get murk'd after this experiment goes south

FastestGunAlive fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Apr 17, 2017

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

something something FOOKEN PRAAAAWNES

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Two Finger posted:

Meanwhile, I lost the job offer I had before coming to the US, because the company has stopped sponsoring and extending work visas indefinitely due to the looming bill that's going to wreck companies with more than 10% international employees, HR670 high-skilled fairness act AMERICA FIRST or something.

Along with another executive order pending, immigration officers are essentially expecting the H1-B visa program to die before the end of the year.

Companies I've applied for have almost exclusively cited the same reason, expecting me to not be able to work beyond my 12 months of OPT time on a student visa. Three employers have downright stated that they can't hire international students in the current situation, which - hilariously enough - is discriminatory enough for me to legally sue my way in the door, but I understand where they're coming from, ham-fisted as their denial may be.

poo poo loving sucks.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Meanwhile, I lost the job offer I had before coming to the US, because the company has stopped sponsoring and extending work visas indefinitely due to the looming bill that's going to wreck companies with more than 10% international employees, HR670 high-skilled fairness act AMERICA FIRST or something.

Along with another executive order pending, immigration officers are essentially expecting the H1-B visa program to die before the end of the year.

Companies I've applied for have almost exclusively cited the same reason, expecting me to not be able to work beyond my 12 months of OPT time on a student visa. Three employers have downright stated that they can't hire international students in the current situation, which - hilariously enough - is discriminatory enough for me to legally sue my way in the door, but I understand where they're coming from, ham-fisted as their denial may be.

poo poo loving sucks.

Well on the bright side atleast you don't get treated like a "Mexican" in any other aspects of your life!

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Well on the bright side atleast you don't get treated like a "Mexican" in any other aspects of your life!

I'm legit happy that almost all of my hispanic or chicano work colleagues and fellow students (with the exception of one lazy dude) got pretty good gigs offered, two of which in Texas, no less.

There is, however, a healthy amount of good-natured jokes that I'm on the business end of as an overqualified white dude that isn't getting jobs versus his brown friends.

/edit:

On a sadder note, there are waaaaay too many monumentally dumb white people in this business school that have job offers despite phoning in four years of their parents spending tens of thousands of dollars on their education.
:cripes:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Duzzy Funlop posted:

On a sadder note, there are waaaaay too many monumentally dumb white people in this business school that have job offers despite phoning in four years of their parents spending tens of thousands of dollars on their education.

I stopped phoning it in just this semester and I rank pretty high in the department and I graduate next spring.

Work smarter, not harder :colbert:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I'm legit happy that almost all of my hispanic or chicano work colleagues and fellow students (with the exception of one lazy dude) got pretty good gigs offered, two of which in Texas, no less.

There is, however, a healthy amount of good-natured jokes that I'm on the business end of as an overqualified white dude that isn't getting jobs versus his brown friends.

/edit:

quote:

business school

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

the people hiring them did exactly the same thing

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Business school pukes run about a 70/30 on being totally worthless or not.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I was thinking about finishing off my bachelors down the business route. I work for a good company now, bosses love my work ethic (not so much the beard). There's a few people here in line to retire/die by the time I finish my degree anyhow. And they're pretty willing to agree to an internship, maybe even paid.

It's that, or finish in something like geography, and probably still work in this warehouse but without a way up to the office. I'm just needing the time in school to polish a few rough edges.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Two Finger posted:

Headhunting really is the best poo poo out there for tech and other hard to fill jobs, you never have to actively look, the jobs find you :getin:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
uh oh, i had a bunch of dried mango slices during lunch and i think i'm gonna pay for it now

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

orange juche posted:

Headhunting really is the best poo poo out there for tech and other hard to fill jobs, you never have to actively look, the jobs find you :getin:

i dunno if headhunted is really the right term here, was more that i was down at the dock for unrelated reasons and my old captain saw me and asked if i wanted to come work for him on his new boat

opportunity fell in my lap and hell yeah i'm taking it

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Vasudus posted:

uh oh, i had a bunch of dried mango slices during lunch and i think i'm gonna pay for it now

Hi five paying for it buddy. Half a cantaloupe for lunch because it was at that perfect sweet but not squishy ripeness. I have no self control when it comes to fruit.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

orange juche posted:

the SOP for couples in different competing companies is to nervously nail bite and offer more than usual raises out of fear that someone will recruit the other

it's hilarious

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

ReverendCode posted:

8 year old me loved the poo poo out of this movie.
I am pretty sure this is actually the reason I played all those terrible mechwarrior games on the pc.

Get

the

gently caress

out

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Booblord Zagats posted:

Get

the

gently caress

out

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Booblord Zagats posted:

Get

the

gently caress

out

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Booblord Zagats posted:

Get

the

gently caress

out

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Booblord Zagats posted:

Get

the

gently caress

out

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Booblord Zagats posted:

Get

the

gently caress

out

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGp9P6QvMjY

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

In Dad News I managed to score one of the last NES Classic editions and will soon be playing mario bros with my son :buddy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Vasudus posted:

I ate some Jelly Beans earlier not knowing they were the sugar free kind.

The stomach's a-gurgling :ohdear:

• Locked thread