Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
I'd suggest getting a pulse rifle, but there aren't any standouts this week. I got lucky with a Hopscotch Pilgrim drop from all the crucible I played this weekend, but the Palindrome is good if you must buy something before reset. I get dunked on by that and pulse rifles all the time it seems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
The best thing to buy to be kinda competitive in PVP would the vendor b-29 party favor this week.

The palindrome is good but without max range it's very limited in where you can user it, and the Parthian shot class of pulse isn't very flexible in PvP. It's better for when you're running as a squad and your role is to sit behind the front line and plink.

The party favor is really good and if I didn't have a blind perdition I would be using it as my main.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

texaholic posted:

Been using a Spare Change.25 with CB/BF/FF this IB and at medium to long range it is wrecking dudes, feeding frenzy really helps the 21 round mag. 67 range stat on a pulse is loving crazy. It definitely competes with MIDA at longer ranges. The slight HC range nerf with AoT helped this game alot, close range I normally lose to HCs but mid+ range I do really good against RB/RF palindromes etc.... In sixes any good roll works well if you play to its strengths. The fastest rof HC are probably in the worst spot right now, just lovely sidearms stuck in your primary slot.

Spare Change, Lyudmila, Parthian, and the other high-impact pulses are a lot of fun right now, with Parthian Shot having the highest possible base range of any of those. You can use Hand Laid Stock instead of BF to get the same effect, just with a slight range penalty instead of a magazine penalty, something that's surplus on the higher-impact pulses. Some nay sayers will relegate them to long-range, but the impact is high enough that you can 1x hip-burst + knife someone to death easily.

If my stick-nudging game is on point I can two-stroke people with the Lyud.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

gently caress pulses, use an auto rifle. They fun.

gently caress hand cannons too. :colbert:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Waffle House posted:

If my stick-nudging game is on point I can two-stroke people with the Lyud.

Are you free tonight?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Seriously though, imho you still can't take hand laid on a Parthian, it has such poo poo native AA that you gotta hang onto that range.

Seriously it's probably the least sticky gun in the game.

Lunchboxx
Jun 19, 2004

His name is Head. Dick Head.

xzzy posted:

I got an Answering Chord with perfect balance, single point sling/hand laid stock, and rodeo as well as The Continental with focus fire, smallbore, and third eye. Neither one is great by any means, fun for pve but I'm a hefty bag full of wet farts using them in the crucible so...

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

My sneaky favorite AR right now is extremophile with HCR from DO.

Monte Carlo is almost identical and is a good option if you don't mind using your exotic slot on it.

88/8 AR's just feel nice.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

xzzy posted:

I love auto rifles and all, but you'll get poo poo on by a pulse rifle 9 times out of 10 in the crucible. I use them for PVE only.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Shoren posted:

I love auto rifles and all, but you'll get poo poo on by a pulse rifle 9 times out of 10 in the crucible. I use them for PVE only.

You wrong. You just need HCR and a dab of git gud.

Lunchboxx
Jun 19, 2004

I just played a few rounds in the crucible to do the arms day stuff, and speak of the devil, a Hopscotch Pilgrim dropped for me. It's got rangefinder, smallbore, and full auto. Seems alright, should I still grab that Party Favor or did I just get lucky enough to save my marks?

The gunsmith also gifted me a Suros PDX something or other, it's got the same stat profile as the HP, but with fitted stock, hidden hand, and smallbore.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

I have a million of the 100/2 ARs now and I hope that one of the weapon bounties is ARs tomorrow because otherwise I won't be allowed to use them.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Lunchboxx posted:

I just played a few rounds in the crucible to do the arms day stuff, and speak of the devil, a Hopscotch Pilgrim dropped for me. It's got rangefinder, smallbore, and full auto. Seems alright, should I still grab that Party Favor or did I just get lucky enough to save my marks?

The gunsmith also gifted me a Suros PDX something or other, it's got the same stat profile as the HP, but with fitted stock, hidden hand, and smallbore.

Hopscotch class pulses are nearly worthless in PvP. A PDX45/b29 class will outshoot you ever time. They are only good for grenade blinting and coordinated teamshooting.

If your PDX is a 45 that's pretty good. Sounds like it is a 41 though. Which isn't.

Lunchboxx
Jun 19, 2004

Yeah it's a 41. Good to know, I won't waste my time with them then thanks

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
:rolleyes:

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
i don't get it

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Got shotgun rusher fingerprints all over it. Charge someone, ohk them, get crest, repeat until game over.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
It's a smurf account and he's pointing out how crazy it is playing with the average players instead of the sbmm sweat fests

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

It's a smurf account and he's pointing out how crazy it is playing with the average players instead of the sbmm sweat fests

I genuinely wonder if there's a bottom tier of Destiny PvP that is so terrible that none of us ever see it. Even when we're gaming the matchmaking.

Maybe someday we'll see video of the equivalent of twelve blueberries running in straight lines at one another and whiffing melees. Or drawing a smiley face around their targets with god-rolled Palindromes and PDXs with everyone standing in a firing line motionless.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Insane Totoro posted:

I genuinely wonder if there's a bottom tier of Destiny PvP that is so terrible that none of us ever see it. Even when we're gaming the matchmaking.

Maybe someday we'll see video of the equivalent of twelve blueberries running in straight lines at one another and whiffing melees. Or drawing a smiley face around their targets with god-rolled Palindromes and PDXs with everyone standing in a firing line motionless.

On my first full game on my smurf I went unbroken with a blue scout rifle and there was a dude on the other team with a y2 flawless emblem.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Shoren posted:

I'd suggest getting a pulse rifle, but there aren't any standouts this week. I got lucky with a Hopscotch Pilgrim drop from all the crucible I played this weekend, but the Palindrome is good if you must buy something before reset. I get dunked on by that and pulse rifles all the time it seems.

Isn't the vendor FWC pulse really good this week? Or at least for today until the reset. Unless it was actually last week...

high caliber, perfect balance, counter balance

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Insane Totoro posted:

I genuinely wonder if there's a bottom tier of Destiny PvP that is so terrible that none of us ever see it.

Make a new account and see. The level of retardation in bottom tier bungie mm is unreal.

oh, and pick up all the pve bounties you can on day one and complete them but don't turn them in. As a match starts, hand them in one at a time so you start a match with a super. First Blood super kills will never not be the funniest thing on earth.

but anyways, these people are legitimately the dumbest people alive. zero spacial awareness, they stop moving to perform any action including reloading, and reaction speeds that can only be described as glacial. The number of roaming supers I punched to death in the back of the head was amazing.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Mazerunner posted:

Isn't the vendor FWC pulse really good this week? Or at least for today until the reset. Unless it was actually last week...

high caliber, perfect balance, counter balance

Ya it's good but those guns aren't what they used to be. The real action is back in the low mid impact bracket, so pdx45, ABP, B29, hawksaw.

I make a point to browse the loadouts of my super sweaty friends when I see them running stacked trials, and I've noticed a huge surge in PdX45 and Blind Perdition use over the past few weeks. It's either those or a nice Luna/Palindrome.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I'm gonna get Destiny 2 for PC, is there any reason to buy and play Destiny at this point? I'd be down for Destiny 2 bonuses; I'm worried the game is dominated by Really Good Players who have been playing since launch and D2 will come out before I can reasonably expect to do all the content.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

jokes posted:

I'm gonna get Destiny 2 for PC, is there any reason to buy and play Destiny at this point? I'd be down for Destiny 2 bonuses; I'm worried the game is dominated by Really Good Players who have been playing since launch and D2 will come out before I can reasonably expect to do all the content.

If you have friends or goons to play with there is much fun to be had over the next few months. It's really easy to get caught up and there's pretty strong SBMM in PvP aside from trials.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

jokes posted:

I'd be down for Destiny 2 bonuses;

At this point it doesn't look like there will be any non-cosmetic bonuses.

quote:

I'm worried the game is dominated by Really Good Players who have been playing since launch

In PVP this is absolutely true, in PVE it just means there are still plenty of people willing to help you with the stuff that requires a team but doesn't use matchmaking.

quote:

and D2 will come out before I can reasonably expect to do all the content.

If you buy in now there should be more than enough time to see all the content by fall. You might not have a chance to collect full optimized gear sets or max out multiple characters or whatever other post-endgame stuff one does in a game like this but none of that will carry over to D2 anyway.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I see. Well, I guess I'll see you folks when Destiny: The Second Destiny drops.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe

jokes posted:

I actually really just like the single player content, the game is super pretty and fun even if you're just futzing around in PvE.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

What, just PLAY a video game? Without doing a spread in excel of risk factors and efficiency ratios of fun/$?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Did 3 crucible robot sniper rifle bounties this week. Got 3 20/20 pos things

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

I on the other hand just bought a Sony PlayStation 4 video game entertainment system and am about to start playing this for the first time so see you guys once the seven hours of updates complete

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

jokes posted:

What, just PLAY a video game? Without doing a spread in excel of risk factors and efficiency ratios of fun/$?

Would player numbers help make your decision?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

I on the other hand just bought a Sony PlayStation 4 video game entertainment system and am about to start playing this for the first time so see you guys once the seven hours of updates complete

I read your name as "Dr. Mantis Teabaggan." Bone Krew has corrupted me.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

FishBulb posted:

Did 3 crucible robot sniper rifle bounties this week. Got 3 20/20 pos things

20 20 assmunchr

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

20 20 assmunchr

It's real bad and I'm not great so I need the help

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

:eyepop:

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
How do i make a smurf account on psn? If it involves me making a new email account, forgeddaboutit

loving nice, cheese!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

lol I saw that yesterday too. Jesus christ.

• Locked thread