Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

funny Star Wars parody posted:

and my tablespoon!!

:goonsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

ilkhan posted:

I don't drink coffee. Or tea. Or energy drinks. Pretty much just water. Don't need the calories or sugar in the others.
And I can swear to you, my boy, swear to you, that there's nothing wrong with my bodily fluids. Not a thing, Jackie.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
AND MY STIRRER

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

cursedshitbox posted:

I drink around a liter of unviolated* coffine per day.

*no sugar, no milk, no froth, no creme, no syrup, no semen, etc etc etc.

I mostly drink black coffee, but some coffees are just better with cream (sorry not sorry).
Also the swill at work is utter poo poo so depending who brews the pot I sometimes add creamer just to choke down a few cups worth.

I'm sorry CSB. I'll see my way out :(

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
ugh hundreds of layoffs coming around on friday this week

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Prior to dietpocalypse i fuckin loved vanilla lattes.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

InitialDave posted:

And I can swear to you, my boy, swear to you, that there's nothing wrong with my bodily fluids. Not a thing, Jackie.

I do not avoid women, Mandrake. But I do deny them my essence.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Black coffee is my favorite. At work, I am the one who knocks brews, so the coffee is just right.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I'm a half-a-pot-a-day guy. I like mine black.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.
I don't mind a bit of sweetener, but milk is right out.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Man, the place whose job offer I declined wants to know what it would take to get me to go there.

I mean... how do I respond to that? I don't really want to drive that far, but at the same time, I wonder how high they'll go?

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

CornHolio posted:

Man, the place whose job offer I declined wants to know what it would take to get me to go there.

I mean... how do I respond to that? I don't really want to drive that far, but at the same time, I wonder how high they'll go?

would they put together a relocation package? 💰

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Spotted down in Florida. Never seen or heard of one. It was way bigger and taller than the 4WD Explorer I was driving.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

meltie posted:

would they put together a relocation package? 💰

I wouldn't want one. I like my house.

everdave posted:

Spotted down in Florida. Never seen or heard of one. It was way bigger and taller than the 4WD Explorer I was driving.

The factory that makes those is a mile from my house. I see them often.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

CornHolio posted:

I wouldn't want one. I like my house.

Throw a nonsense number at them and see if they bite. Can't hurt, since you are happy where you are.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

PaintVagrant posted:

Throw a nonsense number at them and see if they bite. Can't hurt, since you are happy where you are.

I wouldn't say I'm happy, but I'm 25 minutes from home, I feel my job is safe and it pays well. There's a lot of bullshit to put up with but I think you'll have that anywhere.

I mean, if I throw, like, 110k at them and they're OK with it, I'd be a complete and utter moron not to take it, but I really wouldn't want to...

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

BraveUlysses posted:

ugh hundreds of layoffs coming around on friday this week

Good luck dude.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

CornHolio posted:

Instead of asking for numbers, ask them for other benefits like more vacation time or a shorter work day. The problem is distance and time spent traveling, let them know that because it's up to them to make it worth it.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

CornHolio posted:

What is it? I was on vacation I didn't bother to look it up

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

everdave posted:

What is it? I was on vacation I didn't bother to look it up

The MV-1.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

ilkhan posted:

I don't drink coffee. Or tea. Or energy drinks. Pretty much just water. Don't need the calories or sugar in the others.

But what about fluoride in the water?

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous Communist plot we have ever had to face?

e:f/b like the red-headed stepson of a rented mule.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

CommieGIR posted:

My parents had me on Ritalin for 15 years, I weaned myself off it, now I use caffiene and sugar which is more effective, but now I'm 31 so drinking energy drinks every other day is starting to have health issues.

I did that. Then I hit 30 and got a desk job, and it caught up with me.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Cool thanks!

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Goddamnit. Just realized I threw away a winning scratchoff ticket.

Only $2, but still.

everdave posted:

Huh, first one I've seen that wasn't either white or gray.

As pointed out, it's a MV-1. Around here you usually see them being used as paratransit (generally as part of a mass transit system), but some wind up in private ownership. They're purpose built from the ground up for handicapped use, instead of the more common modified Caravan that most taxi companies/people go with.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Did the font change or am I going crazy?

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Did the font change or am I going crazy?

Has for me, too.

Looks quite nice.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

scuz posted:

The One True Way.

NO

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

CornHolio posted:

What's your occupation? Is telecommuting a possibility at all even if partly?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CornHolio posted:

Hookers and blow

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

slidebite posted:

What's your occupation? Is telecommuting a possibility at all even if partly?

Engineering. Telecommuting would be difficult.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

CornHolio posted:

Engineering. Telecommuting would be difficult.
Well depending on the type of engineering telecommuting is certainly possible, my wife did it for years :haw:

That said, if your heart really isn't in taking the job with them anyhow, throw it back it them. Tell them to give you an offer your can't refuse... and then see if you can refuse it.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Yeah, I mean, I could do a huge amount of what I do remotely, so much of it is specs and documentation etc.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Got myself two new decals for the bus

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
wrong thread what the gently caress Rhyno get your poo poo together

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Apr 18, 2017

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

KozmoNaut posted:

I had "Italian breakfast" today, at an Italian cafe in Aarhus.

Among other very tasty items, it had a morning pizza. Cheese-stuffed crust, an egg in the middle and covered with good quality ham. Holy poo poo, I was in heaven. And then I had the spinach+salsicca frittata :aaa: and the cocoa-covered mascarpone+digestive truffles :aaaaa:

In total, it was probably a >1,500-calorie breakfast, but it was SO. WORTH. IT.

I also had the best goddamn burger in my life yesterday. Considering the fact that I live in Copenhagen, which is probably the burger capital of northern Europe, having every single burger I have literally every tasted in my life bested by a relative inexpensive burger from a hole in the wall in Aarhus was mindblowing. And the parmesan+thyme fries were certainly a delight as well.

Thanks, now I'm starving and theres drool all over my keyboard

I bet you went and drank some To Øl or something equally good later.

slothrop fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Apr 18, 2017

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Got myself two new decals for the bus

is that comic sans :chloe:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Look up Dagen H

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Prior to dietpocalypse i fuckin loved vanilla lattes.

I have just been informed today by my primary care physician that I'm now on dietpocalypse since my last blood test came back pre-diabetes, also my blood pressure is high. The course of action is to lose 10-12 lbs in 3 months and keep going that direction. I also hopped on a scale for the first time in a while today and I was hitting 240. Bye bye carbs and sugars!

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
Anyone buying stuff for the closing RadioShack stores? I spent close to $500 the last two days at local stores closing down, mostly on SeeedStudio and Adafruit stuff. And LEDs. one receipt was 4.5 feet long, and the one today is around 7.5feet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

DJ Commie posted:

Anyone buying stuff for the closing RadioShack stores? I spent close to $500 the last two days at local stores closing down, mostly on SeeedStudio and Adafruit stuff. And LEDs. one receipt was 4.5 feet long, and the one today is around 7.5feet.

I think all of the Radioshacks closed near me when they declared bankruptcy a few years ago.

I'm just curious, what's everyone's thoughts on Buick? I don't really hear them brought up often around here. The Regals don't look too bad.

• Locked thread