Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

BadLlama posted:

Just one step closer to removing it from the game all together at worst.

fuuuucccckk I forgot about the 121B god damnit my collection is not complete.

The 121B is extraordinarily bad though, so you're not missing out on much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L-Boned
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless
Am I weird because I like the German mediums? Also, what is a good premium German med (on sale now or not)?

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Over 2k unread posts and I haven't played in close to a year but somebody pinged me on Steam to tell me that the maus and the 113 are now the meta tanks and I feel like the prophet that nobody believed.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

First I've heard anyone say the 113 is a meta tank. Maus is broken though.

113 pretty fun in random games though for sure.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Duzzy Funlop posted:

It looks like I might not be able to make it for this, I was supposed to sign a lease-takeover half an hour ago, and now the most freedomest country in the history of the world is once again choking me with red tape, to the point where I just lost my late-May sublease and need to scramble to get an alternative signed by Tuesday without looking like a desperate moron that is definitely hiding something.

Sorry :(

PresidentGingrich, you mother fucker, you're like the tenth or eleventh worst president in US history! Also PM me your account details if you can so I can try to get a ringer.

L-Boned posted:

Am I weird because I like the German mediums? Also, what is a good premium German med (on sale now or not)?

The German medium line is one of the best in the game, with the only downers being the 50M getting power creeped out and the Indien into PTA being real underwhelming compared to what else you could be doing. You have like a million German medium premiums available, but most of them suck. The T25 is fine because it's just a good tier 5 medium with a pile of HP and great top speed. The Warcrime Panther (M/10) is actually good post-buff since it's just a Panther that sees up to tier 8 matches and trades its pen away for a sizable amount of benefits in bloom values and traverse rate. The Mutz is a worse CDC, the Panther 8.8 is a bad Panther 2, the T 55A is fantastic, and all the ones that I didn't mention here are crap for one reason or another. Get a T25 if there's a sale on premiums in May for V Day.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

DonkeyHotay posted:

Over 2k unread posts and I haven't played in close to a year but somebody pinged me on Steam to tell me that the maus and the 113 are now the meta tanks and I feel like the prophet that nobody believed.

People keep bringing the 113 to clan wars and it doesn't work out but yeah the Maus has 3200 HP and more DPM than the E 100 and its turret face is still terrible against gold ammo but whatever.

Mr.48
May 1, 2007
So just how much less painful did the American T28 tank destroyer get after getting its mobility buffed in the last patch?

I ask because I've been thinking of re-buying the T28-prototype while its on sale, and using the new side branch to jump over into the T28 to get to the E3. However, the consensus seems to be that the T28 is a piece of poo poo, but I cant really read anything written after the buff. I already have all the engines and guns researched form the E4 line so playing stock won't be an issue.

I guess the same question applies to the T95, but from my understanding its quite decent, especially after the speed buff.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

They are both still very slow tanks.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Word on the street is that the french will get a superheavy line that is really awful.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
I'll log on as soon as I can tonight, I have an O-I Exp I can bring.

Mr.48
May 1, 2007

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Word on the street is that the french will get a superheavy line that is really awful.

They've been saying that for 3 years now. I'm not holding my breath.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Mr.48 posted:

So just how much less painful did the American T28 tank destroyer get after getting its mobility buffed in the last patch?

I ask because I've been thinking of re-buying the T28-prototype while its on sale, and using the new side branch to jump over into the T28 to get to the E3. However, the consensus seems to be that the T28 is a piece of poo poo, but I cant really read anything written after the buff. I already have all the engines and guns researched form the E4 line so playing stock won't be an issue.

I guess the same question applies to the T95, but from my understanding its quite decent, especially after the speed buff.

The T95 turns really goddamn fast now. I haven't seen many T28s, but it still suffers from having a big flat 220mm armor zone with an engine behind it on the front, combined with goddamn cupolas on top so even if the opponent doesn't have high enough pen to just punch straight through, they can still shoot your obvious weakspots. I guess if it can turn faster maybe it's better now since some rear end in a top hat in a tier 6 can't just go around you and murder you for free, but the useless front armor makes it a chore to play even with 1500 HP.

The Proto is fine now. It needs to get its HP buffed like the T28, but whatever. Lol they still haven't gotten rid of the machine gun weak spot. I wouldn't recommend buying it unless you really don't want to play the line leading up the E3 line - the Wolverine, Jackson, and T25 AT are all fine to good tanks, and you get to train up a new crew. Pretty sure it's the same amount of experience as just crossing over from the Proto.

Pretty sure there's been a french heavy line in the works for as long as I've been playing. At least one of the tanks was even modeled back in like 2012.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Hellsau posted:

At least one of the tanks was even modeled back in like 2012.

file timestamp says aug 2014 so it's been collecting dust for at least two and a half years

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

lol, that looks so stupid

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Prav posted:

file timestamp says aug 2014 so it's been collecting dust for at least two and a half years

Naw I'm thinking something like an armored AMX M4 45 turret with a 50B hull.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

come the gently caress on yoott, lets get this bullshit over with

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Hellsau posted:

Naw I'm thinking something like an armored AMX M4 45 turret with a 50B hull.

oh yeah those have been around for even longer. i think i've got something saved there as well

fakeedit: here we go. june 2012, right on the money.

lol, that looks so stupid

say that to my face fucker not online see what happens

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

would

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Early French tank design doctrine: "Make them big, so when they get hit, there's a chance they might not hit anything vital. Crewmen can be replaced, engine parts not as easily."

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

What the gently caress maps are those screenshots taken on.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

oh nm you were talking about the first pic, I dunno.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i suppose we did eventually get the AMX M4 49. shame they made it a premium.

Hellsau posted:

What the gently caress maps are those screenshots taken on.

first one is old mines and second is old sacred valley i think

actually no, there's no bridge like that there. great wall map from the CN server?

Prav fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Apr 17, 2017

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Widepark?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

McGavin posted:

Widepark?

The one that only see tier 6's and lower and has a lake in the north? I think yes its that one.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
9.18 is indeed tomorrow.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Also, unrelated to anything, apparently my longstanding connection issues (that several people I've platooned with have had to deal with) were caused by my ethernet cable being plugged into a specific port on the router? Not entirely sure yet, but I was able to idle in garage for like half an hour earlier without it kicking me out for no reason.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

McGavin posted:

Widepark?

I don't think Widepark has orange foliage on it.

Steelion posted:

Also, unrelated to anything, apparently my longstanding connection issues (that several people I've platooned with have had to deal with) were caused by my ethernet cable being plugged into a specific port on the router? Not entirely sure yet, but I was able to idle in garage for like half an hour earlier without it kicking me out for no reason.

Reported.

Mr.48
May 1, 2007

Hellsau posted:

The T95 turns really goddamn fast now. I haven't seen many T28s, but it still suffers from having a big flat 220mm armor zone with an engine behind it on the front, combined with goddamn cupolas on top so even if the opponent doesn't have high enough pen to just punch straight through, they can still shoot your obvious weakspots. I guess if it can turn faster maybe it's better now since some rear end in a top hat in a tier 6 can't just go around you and murder you for free, but the useless front armor makes it a chore to play even with 1500 HP.

The Proto is fine now. It needs to get its HP buffed like the T28, but whatever. Lol they still haven't gotten rid of the machine gun weak spot. I wouldn't recommend buying it unless you really don't want to play the line leading up the E3 line - the Wolverine, Jackson, and T25 AT are all fine to good tanks, and you get to train up a new crew. Pretty sure it's the same amount of experience as just crossing over from the Proto.

Well, I even had a decent time playing through the proto before the buffs, and with the increased speed it should be no problem. Its only the T28 that worries me, although playing it with all the guns and engines from the get-go should hopefully make that easier. I just want that drat E3!

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

4/10 would play.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Barry posted:

9.18 is indeed tomorrow.

my body is ready

ShankyMcStabber
Mar 9, 2012

I spend way too much money on computer parts.

Stringbean posted:

This was a really lovely back and forth. You could have taunted him much better.

See what happens when I quit playing tanks. Goons forget the proper way to talk poo poo and troll the gently caress out of shitlord scrubs.

Had I trolled like that, I would still be able to chat in tanks (and most likely still be playing).

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

ShankyMcStabber posted:

See what happens when I quit playing tanks. Goons forget the proper way to talk poo poo and troll the gently caress out of shitlord scrubs.

Had I trolled like that, I would still be able to chat in tanks (and most likely still be playing).

they removed allchat

ShankyMcStabber
Mar 9, 2012

I spend way too much money on computer parts.

Hellsau posted:

they removed allchat

My chatban didn't end at the allchat.

I can't even ping the map let alone respond to private messages the way they should be responded to.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Tournament dudes, show up - we have a reasonable bracket with slightly competent teams but no major issues. e: less than three hours before it starts, no byes

ShankyMcStabber posted:

My chatban didn't end at the allchat.

I can't even ping the map let alone respond to private messages the way they should be responded to.

You wouldn't have continued playing once they removed allchat.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
You're probably aware of this already Hellsau, but if the Luchs turns to poo poo the Ke-Ho is a very capable tier 4. It's less active scout than the Luchs, but the VW is pretty solid and the gun will go through a KV.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Actually since we're on the subject of chat and trolling, here's a good one from yesterday. Some Skorp G intentionally TKed me because me and Exia won the game for our team. We went hill on Malinovka, won it, were pushing through and then the Skorp G and the rest of our idiots who camped base finally pressed W and shot their two base defenders so the Skorp G could get a shot on me. Replay for the game:

http://wotreplays.com/site/3513001#malinovka-chillsau-object_704

I am Tanks Trump and have spent tens of thousands of dollars and STILL I don't have a Type 59. I'm going to tweet terrible things unless they give me a Type 59.

as I was typing this they continued responding and oh dear god they're still going oh my god I've hit a jackpot lol

Anyone want to keep this poo poo train going? You can pretend to be my dad and message this guy asking why he's bullying your son, Chillsau, and that you make 30 million dollars of year so spending $50000 isn't that big a deal. I really wish that fantasy website that tells you how much money/gold you've spent actually existed :(

Does anyone else attract internet crazies like this? I got THREE people to message me after that battle.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

At least he thanked you for paying for the game so he could play it for free, that's pretty nice of him.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

BadLlama posted:

At least he thanked you for paying for the game so he could play it for free, that's pretty nice of him.

Yeah he plays for free, only $200 since Jan 2016.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

My favourite thing to do is to apologize to bad players for winning matches.

"Sorry for ruining your sub-40% win ratio."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

"Yeah I got a huge ego but it's not from tanks its from my 8 inch cock "
:lol: