Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Helluva
Feb 7, 2011

Heart warming, it indeed is like a perpetual collective childhood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I'm in no rush, but I'm still owed two cit payments and I'm going to cap again at reset tomorrow. Dude abides

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RNK0YBdwko

they interview zezima around 39 minutes in.

fishmech fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Apr 10, 2017

allta
Mar 28, 2011

Omnikin posted:

I'm in no rush, but I'm still owed two cit payments and I'm going to cap again at reset tomorrow. Dude abides

I've actually been keeping an eye out for you in chat, did you change your ign?

Edit: realized I read you new in game name in your post, I'm just slow sometimes!

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

allta posted:

I've actually been keeping an eye out for you in chat, did you change your ign?

Edit: realized I read you new in game name in your post, I'm just slow sometimes!

I have commitment issues apparently. If you check my account on Runeclan it shows the five different display names I've used in two or three years. In any case I'll be on a bunch today and maybe late tonight so I'll keep my eyes open, thanks.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Here is my dumb twitch prime code in case anyone here can use it

K9ZB-TAU2-4XXG-7D50-2EU8

Redeem by June 9th (or dont)

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
KU9P-5TU2-8W43-AEUH-42G5

quote me if you use it.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

You can use these codes by logging in here and putting it in. You get a pretty hefty amount of stuff for using them, 30 days membership, a legendary pet (the kind that picks up and banks things and other stuff), 15 keys for TH and 200 RuneCoins. If you want to use these things I recommend it!

allta
Mar 28, 2011

Simsmagic posted:

You can use these codes by logging in here and putting it in. You get a pretty hefty amount of stuff for using them, 30 days membership, a legendary pet (the kind that picks up and banks things and other stuff), 15 keys for TH and 200 RuneCoins. If you want to use these things I recommend it!

Legendary pet alone is worth it I'd say!

Helluva
Feb 7, 2011

CrashCat posted:

Here is my dumb twitch prime code in case anyone here can use it

K9ZB-TAU2-4XXG-7D50-2EU8

Redeem by June 9th (or dont)

:yayclod: Totally out of the left field and it made my day, cheers

Sickening posted:

KU9P-5TU2-8W43-AEUH-42G5

quote me if you use it.

It seems to be broken, or hoodwinked.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Disparition posted:

It seems to be broken, or hoodwinked.

I assume someone used it because its showing claimed.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Disparition posted:

glad to hear it :unsmith:

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
We're moving into a new building soon and my boss was cleaning out his desk- the $25 Visa gift card he dropped on my desk bought me 90 TH keys and all 7x rainbow booster unlocks. 1.2m bonus XP + a couple milly in cash later, thanks bossman!

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
JFYI if you're already subscribed to Amazon Prime, you can tie your twitch account to your Amazon account and get the Runescape bonus out of it at no cost.

mincedgarlic
Jan 4, 2005

I've been blown up, take me to the hospital.

fishmech posted:

JFYI if you're already subscribed to Amazon Prime, you can tie your twitch account to your Amazon account and get the Runescape bonus out of it at no cost.

I saw this yesterday in Twitch and did not realize you could link the two. I'm trying this game out for this first time. It's pretty fun.

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
Got a twitch prime code the other day and I feel delusional enough to pick up a MMO again.

A while back I asked how to best utilize a limited membership/money for bonds, and IIRC it was getting 90 in certain skills for ports. I ended up hitting 77 runecrafting before I got bored and gave up. Are ports still a good source of income and worth the grind?

Also, what are quick/easy ways to train agility, construction, summon, and farming? I've been trying to finish the useful/pre-req quests but most of them are locked behind relatively high requirements for those skills and there doesn't seem to be a fast way to level them.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

IncendiaC posted:

Got a twitch prime code the other day and I feel delusional enough to pick up a MMO again.

A while back I asked how to best utilize a limited membership/money for bonds, and IIRC it was getting 90 in certain skills for ports. I ended up hitting 77 runecrafting before I got bored and gave up. Are ports still a good source of income and worth the grind?

Also, what are quick/easy ways to train agility, construction, summon, and farming? I've been trying to finish the useful/pre-req quests but most of them are locked behind relatively high requirements for those skills and there doesn't seem to be a fast way to level them.

Summoning goes hand in hand with Slayer, because you get a ton of charm drops. Farming and Construction are costly, but farming can be done pretty easily with trees if you do a run in the morning before work and in the evening after work. Agility sucks turds :shrug:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

IncendiaC posted:

Tears of Guthix and the Guthixian Butterflies can train them for you if they're low enough. But they have to be your lowest skill to be trained.

Barring agility, there's also some Distractions and Diversions designed to train skills easier and less "bash your head against the wall until it stops". Definitely go do Beneath Cursed Tides, since that gives you access to the Giant Oyster's area. Also, until 5:00 PM PST today (April 18th), check for some Fayre Basic Tools in your bank because today you can train Magic or Farming at wherever the hell it takes you.

Also farming-related, do the Fairy Tale trilogy. Guarantees no more weeding, plus the fairy rings are very useful for my herb runs so far.

Summoning has Familiarization. It's weekly, so might as well get to it. Plus you can make money off of this via spider eggs and the pouches themselves.

Construction's a bit more tricky. There's really only God Statues, Barlak, and a Harp in Elf City. You're gonna lose a lot of money powerleveling.

On top of that, you also have lamps and stars from TH and other poo poo. Dump them into whatever you want.

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
Thanks for the help! Sounds like I'll have to shell out a bunch of gold for construction and summoning, but I'm glad to hear slayer helps with summoning. I've been working my way through slayer assignments since killing+looting stuff is pretty fun. Agility's going to be a bitch to level up though, it's only been like 3 days and I'm already sick of going through the courses.

And yeah the fairy tale quests are high on my to-do list due to the fairy rings but I need to get farming and herblore up before I can start it (currently 20/35 respectively). Herblore seems to just be a matter of money but farming might take some time to figure out.

Helluva
Feb 7, 2011

IncendiaC posted:

Thanks for the help! Sounds like I'll have to shell out a bunch of gold for construction and summoning, but I'm glad to hear slayer helps with summoning. I've been working my way through slayer assignments since killing+looting stuff is pretty fun. Agility's going to be a bitch to level up though, it's only been like 3 days and I'm already sick of going through the courses.

And yeah the fairy tale quests are high on my to-do list due to the fairy rings but I need to get farming and herblore up before I can start it (currently 20/35 respectively). Herblore seems to just be a matter of money but farming might take some time to figure out.

Farming Banshee's at low levels with Ectoplasmator at Slayer tower gets you nice Prayer XP, Charms, Herbs and seeds for Farming (Farming and herblore can go hand in hand I guess).

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Free div or woodcutting xp at lumbridge crater, today only.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

Simsmagic posted:

Free div or woodcutting xp at lumbridge crater, today only.

you know what else i found at the lumbridge crater today?

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Does anyone own a Luck of the Dwarves ring? If so please let's talk about the lending program. I can't afford to drop 40m on a ring

allta
Mar 28, 2011

Omnikin posted:

Does anyone own a Luck of the Dwarves ring? If so please let's talk about the lending program. I can't afford to drop 40m on a ring

I do and would be willing to lend it but unless your doing telos/raids why would you need it over a ring of wealth? Ring of Wealth covers pretty much everything now.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

quote:

Yet further increased chance to access the rare drop table, to receive better loot from it, and to receive certain unique drops.

The whole Hazelmere's ring thing is igniting a bit of lottery lust in my soul so I'm feeling like it's worth trying. Plus the Jmod that's overseeing the item (Timbo? or something) commented today that there aren't a lot of people using Luck of the Dwarves while on slayer tasks (which seemed to be a big HINT HINT to the playerbase)

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Did they release the smithing update?

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Started a character, charming game. In as DeeSanada

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Cooking and construction today at the fayre

Mursupitsku
Sep 12, 2011

This was a good watch. Made me think how the player base would have developed had they not done the removal of wilderness update. That really killed the game for me.

Also its nice seeing this old and janky java game is actually gaining players. Mainly thanks to OSRS I guess. I think the developers for OSRS are doing a lot of things right and Im really tempted to pick it up again.

Helluva
Feb 7, 2011

Simsmagic posted:

Cooking and construction today at the fayre

Do we get the staff when the event is over? So excited to train some magic with the ck.

Herb and smithing today!

Helluva fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Apr 22, 2017

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)

I understand that this is possible. The question, then, is why you would decide that this is the best course of actions to take?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
poo poo, I forgot about the event. Any chance there's any other decent staves out there that'll give unlimited runes? That would have been a p sweet reward for the point that I'm at.

allta
Mar 28, 2011

Robo Reagan posted:

poo poo, I forgot about the event. Any chance there's any other decent staves out there that'll give unlimited runes? That would have been a p sweet reward for the point that I'm at.

From what I've heard the staff currently doesn't give unlimited airs like promised and also the event is absolutely awful in every way and a blatant money grab. A lot of people seem really irked at this one...

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

the staff gives infinite earth, fire, and water runes but not air

and yeah the current event doesn't really give great exp for how much each event costs, and if you want rewards the optimal play is to just run the 1 token event repeatedly. and since you only get 100 tokens a day you have to play for ten days straight to actually afford anything decent

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010
Been thinking of jumping back into this infernal game. Somebody give me a reason not to.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Robo Reagan posted:

You mean besides the elemental staves or what? They've been in there for a while, even many that give two types of unlimited runes at once eg the mud battlestaff/mystic mud staff gives unlimited water and earth, steam does water and fire, lava does earth and fire.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Simsmagic posted:

the staff gives infinite earth, fire, and water runes but not air

and yeah the current event doesn't really give great exp for how much each event costs, and if you want rewards the optimal play is to just run the 1 token event repeatedly. and since you only get 100 tokens a day you have to play for ten days straight to actually afford anything decent

optimal shmoptimal just lemme run the bouncy castle a bit

Also a distinct lack of "Hey you missed pal" for the Best Way To Egg Shy.

And also Pickaxe Wanging.

Edit: cabbage_egg_shy dot webm

widespread fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Apr 25, 2017

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Menaphos being discussed on twitch.tv/runescape

Double XP weekend confirmed May 19th weekend

edit - also dude abides need cit payment so I can start prepping for 95 herb that weekend :(

Omnikin fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Apr 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful