Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Hot Diggity! posted:

First day back at work after my vacation and I discover that someone filling in for me hosed up on my work in a way I didn't know was possible. Now it will take me longer to fix said fuckup than if I had just done it myself. Yay...

WorkVacation.txt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I'm blond haired and blue eyed, so I guess I'm a Lannister

A product of incest?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

seiferguy posted:

Yeah once this season came along and Sansa had clearly changed into who she is now, it made that scene make a bit more sense.

Also, glorifying rape is sort of a bigger deal since rape still happens a lot. People don't get their skin flayed in developed countries on a daily basis.

Well no, but that's the wrong half of the comparison. The point is that when the basically most evil and monstrous character in the entire show does something evil, that's not glorifying the thing they did. The TV show did a very good job of portraying the rape as revolting, deplorable, traumatizing, and gross.

I had a hard time watching it. Nothing was being glorified.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Thaddius the Large posted:

Still haven't gotten around to that one. I'd love to, but I still need to finish Black Sails season 3, new MST3K, and a whole lotta Rick and Morty.

I watched the Sopranos again a couple of years ago and I feel like it kinda hasn't aged real well, but it's worth checking out if you haven't seen it before to see if you get into it. Because man were people super into the Sopranos and if you get sucked in it's a good ride.

weird Asian candy posted:

I do wish they would have done more with the dire wolves in the series. Do they not really address them in the books?

Ghost and Summer are around in the books since their owners are around and being written about but they don't do a whole lot other than bite things when needed. Nymeria finds Catelyn after the red wedding we know through an Arya dream, other than that she's just leading a wolfpack somewhere in the Riverlands off page. Who the gently caress knows where the youngest Stark kid and his wolf are bookwise.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lol in the books every now and then a random will just reference some giant rear end wolf out mauling people

Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah I'd say he's sort of a mix of Cromwell and maybe Osama bin Laden. There's no way his vision of the future involves actual improvement in the lives of the poor, especially given his willingness to surround himself with armed thugs and torture-nuns. The worst aspect of his plan is that it actually gives the viewers a reason to be sympathetic towards Cersei, who is perhaps the most evil character on the entire show and that's saying a lot. Because without the protection of the military of one of the great houses, King's Landing is doomed and everyone in it will starve.

He's also a loving idiot for publicly humiliating Cersei Lannister and then leaving her alive.

Right but of course as likeable as she is, Khalisi is also a power-hungry despot. She's anti-slave which is super nice, but she still wants to claim power more than she wants any other particular thing.

Agreed! That's why I narrowed my answer to just the dragon's breath lol

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I have been listening to the 48 Laws of Power, to crush my enemies.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Grittybeard posted:

I watched the Sopranos again a couple of years ago and I feel like it kinda hasn't aged real well,

Elaborate. I binge watch it around once a year and don't really see that to be the case at all. If anything it's gets funnier with each watch because all the characters are goofballs at heart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_peSCECc4I

^ Comedy gold.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chromatic posted:

Elaborate. I binge watch it around once a year and don't really see that to be the case at all. If anything it's gets funnier with each watch because all the characters are goofballs at heart.

Maybe I felt that way since I knew what was coming? Although that's not a problem I have with other shows, maybe it was just being annoyed at some of the filler type shows like Meadow figuring out which college she was going to?

Like I said it's definitely worth checking out for anyone who hasn't seen it.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Grittybeard posted:

Ghost and Summer are around in the books since their owners are around and being written about but they don't do a whole lot other than bite things when needed. Nymeria finds Catelyn after the red wedding we know through an Arya dream, other than that she's just leading a wolfpack somewhere in the Riverlands off page. Who the gently caress knows where the youngest Stark kid and his wolf are bookwise.

Speaking of Rickon, the gently caress is the point of him? Seems like such a wast of a character.

But yeah, I have read that GRRM is a huge nerd for wolves/dire wolves so I am shocked they weren't a bigger part. I thought I read somewhere that if you donated $10,000 to some "Save the Wolves" foundation that he would write you into his next book as a character. :stare:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

boy, i sure am tired of all these games of thrones

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I feel like Seinfeld has aged well as a show

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Rick and Morty is amazing

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Eli Wiggum posted:

I feel like Seinfeld has aged well as a show

Yes and no. Like, the humor stands up but like 90% of the scenarios they engineer couldn't exist in a world with cell phones.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

weird Asian candy posted:

Speaking of Rickon, the gently caress is the point of him? Seems like such a wast of a character.

But yeah, I have read that GRRM is a huge nerd for wolves/dire wolves so I am shocked they weren't a bigger part. I thought I read somewhere that if you donated $10,000 to some "Save the Wolves" foundation that he would write you into his next book as a character. :stare:

I think Rickon is equal parts GRRM not knowing where the series was going when he started (not like he knows now, lol), and that a young child (what was he, 6, maybe 8 at series start?) isn't much use when realpolitik starts up or swords are swinging around or whatever else is going on.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
^ You are probably right. He does seem like a total :shrug: of a character so I wouldn't doubt that reasoning.

Alaois posted:

Do you think there were pop tarts in Westeros?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

swickles posted:

Yes and no. Like, the humor stands up but like 90% of the scenarios they engineer couldn't exist in a world with cell phones.

Like leaving a dumb message on an answering machine and trying to get up there to delete it?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I watch neither GoT or Seinfeld.

I'm cool with that.

Rick and Morty is good though

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

swickles posted:

Very true, and it reminds me of the Twitter account that dreams up situations the characters would be in if the show was still on today

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Bad Moon posted:

I watch neither GoT or Seinfeld.

I'm cool with that.

Rick and Morty is good though

Makes sense

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Eli Wiggum posted:

Very true, and it reminds me of the Twitter account that dreams up situations the characters would be in if the show was still on today

Jery get ipad

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
One of the best threads on SA in recent years was the "Pitch New Seinfeld plots set in the current day". Lot of good ideas in there, like Kramer Catfishing himself.

Also there was a link to the 9/11 episode.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

This is the first day so far this year where my allergies are kicking my rear end. Ugh. gently caress Spring.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
WHAT'S the DEAL with the Karstarks

they're not cars

they're not starks

WHATS THE DEAL I DUNNO

*funky bass line*

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Alaois posted:

I get this reference and I appreciate it.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Jerry on Tinder :jerry:

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Eli Wiggum posted:

Jerry on Tinder

George uses Tinder on the toilet.

THE SWIPE AND WIPE

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP

a neat cape posted:

This is the first day so far this year where my allergies are kicking my rear end. Ugh. gently caress Spring.

The day I found out that Costco sold Kirkland brand claritin was a good day.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Uterine Lineup posted:

The day I found out that Costco sold Kirkland brand claritin was a good day.

Well I know where I'm going after work

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
you can get cheap Loratadine (claritin) at any grocery/pharmacy. The generic drugstore brand will be half the price of Claritin

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Grittybeard posted:

Maybe I felt that way since I knew what was coming? Although that's not a problem I have with other shows, maybe it was just being annoyed at some of the filler type shows like Meadow figuring out which college she was going to?

Like I said it's definitely worth checking out for anyone who hasn't seen it.

that's fair, the meadow and aj stuff can get really tiresome

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP

SHOAH NUFF posted:

you can get cheap Loratadine (claritin) at any grocery/pharmacy. The generic drugstore brand will be half the price of Claritin

I think the bottle at Costco was under $15 and has a literal year supply of pills. Generic drugs are the best.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

WorkVacation.txt

Yeah, big reason why this has been my first in three years. Also explains why I keep getting work from one of our west coast offices.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Seinfeld aged better than Friends, at least.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Hot Diggity! posted:

Yeah, big reason why this has been my first in three years. Also explains why I keep getting work from one of our west coast offices.

You took one vacation in three years?!

I have 5 weeks pto and I couldn't imagine not having that much time off. I get a 6th starting 1/1/2020.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

FizFashizzle posted:

I forgot any kind of condiments. Kill me

I dunno about that bud. You've got lettuce and tomato slices, those are 8 classic condiments

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Spoeank posted:

I have 5 weeks pto and I couldn't imagine not having that much time off. I get a 6th starting 1/1/2020.

gently caress you

I'm jelly

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

PS go Ducks eat poo poo Canada

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Spoeank posted:

Yeah, god. I'm at 6 and I use every day of it.

Also, goooo procrastination. Logged out of work, immediately started my tax return, and 30 minutes later I'm done. I really need to fix my withholding, Due to bonus tax rate, I always end up with a like 4k refund, whoops!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

a neat cape posted:

gently caress you

I'm jelly

I'm going to New Orleans for a week the Monday after the draft.

I took 3 extra days off for funsies.

My wife loving haaaaaates me when I take pto because she only has 2 weeks.

• Locked thread