Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Consecutive snaps is really impressive, because injuries in the NFL are very common and players of all positions frequently miss games.

Volkerball posted:

O lineman are the last to get rested, and great ones are expected to play every snap, regardless of depth. It's really impressive. Thomas will probably be first ballot.

I agree he's a first-ballot HOFer but that's because he's been a first-team all pro 6 times and has nothing to do with snaps. Consecutive snaps tells me that he was just as lucky as he was good. The number of pro bowls is also a huge factor, but once a player has made a few pro bowls, it probably gets easier to make them, especially for positions like OL where it's harder to judge performance.

Plus I mean come on, it's neat but it's not like you'd give a poo poo if Joe Thomas missed a snap or two in there because he lost a shoe or had to get looked at on the sidelines. He'd still be one of the best offensive linemen of all time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

I miss istombradyacheater.com

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

TheChirurgeon posted:

I agree he's a first-ballot HOFer but that's because he's been a first-team all pro 6 times and has nothing to do with snaps. Consecutive snaps tells me that he was just as lucky as he was good. The number of pro bowls is also a huge factor, but once a player has made a few pro bowls, it probably gets easier to make them, especially for positions like OL where it's harder to judge performance.

Plus I mean come on, it's neat but it's not like you'd give a poo poo if Joe Thomas missed a snap or two in there because he lost a shoe or had to get looked at on the sidelines. He'd still be one of the best offensive linemen of all time.

Coaches tried to rest him and he refused to come off the field, he's played through a bunch of injuries too.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I dunno why bostonites are so mad idk dont deflate footballs and smash cellphones doesnt seem so hard to me :shrug:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
5 Super Bowl titles and they're still :qq:'ing over Deflategate

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eli Wiggum posted:

5 Super Bowl titles and they're still :qq:'ing over Deflategate

Why does Boston have such low self-esteem? Being in the shadow of NYC can't be that bad.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

TheChirurgeon posted:

It may be a signifier of longevity, but it signals poor backups/depth as much as consistency, and it also signals never being on a team that could rest its starters for the playoffs. It's neat, but I think it's in the same area of accomplishments as carries for a running back.

games started is also not great, for similar reasons.
What does a team's backups/depth have to do with an individual player's consecutive snaps and consistency being a merit when considering that player for the HoF?!?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Boston is expensive as hell, cold as balls, the transit sucks (who the gently caress thinks a bus for the airport is reasonable?), and they have the worst case of internalized Puritan work ethic I have seen in an industrialized nation. You will be stared at where ever you work for actually leaving for lunch.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

whiteyfats posted:

Why does Boston have such low self-esteem? Being in the shadow of NYC can't be that bad.

Cause they got dunked on by a teenager bleeding out in a boat

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Volkerball posted:

:vince:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

D'Brick missed 1 snap in his career and it was because Mangini pulled him for some futile small-ball gadget play to end a game.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
THEY MESSED WITH THE WRONG CITY

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Volkerball posted:

Kid reminded me of the movie Lone Survivor.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Volkerball posted:

excellent

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
The jealousy towards the GOAT team, coach, quarterback, and indeed city ITT simply knows no bounds

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Phobeste posted:

The jealousy towards the GOAT team, coach, quarterback, and indeed city ITT simply knows no bounds

Sorry, you're not the GOAT team yet.Tie might happen this year, but they could just as easily fall 2 behind

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I like to watch the new england patriots play football and enjoy their head coach quite a lot.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Sorry, you're not the GOAT team yet.Tie might happen this year, but they could just as easily fall 2 behind

According to my math, the Steelers have won a championship 7.1% of the time since their founding while the Patriots have done it 8.7% of the time. Sorry Pittsburgh

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

a neat cape posted:

According to my math, the Steelers have won a championship 7.1% of the time since their founding while the Patriots have done it 8.7% of the time. Sorry Pittsburgh

Also, older championships count for less because there was no free agency.

(eighty Celtics fans break through my window and begin pelting me with surplus knockoff Rondo bobbleheads)

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

a neat cape posted:

Magnetic North posted:

Also, older championships count for less because there was no free agency.

(eighty Celtics fans break through my window and begin pelting me with surplus knockoff Rondo bobbleheads)

lol

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Came here to laugh at this.

Patriots fans are the most aggrieved, sore winners I think I've ever seen, in any sport.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

shirts and skins posted:

Came here to laugh at this.

Patriots fans are the most aggrieved, sore winners I think I've ever seen, in any sport.

You hate us cause you ain't us

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Alright I just puked a little.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Boston is expensive as hell, cold as balls, the transit sucks (who the gently caress thinks a bus for the airport is reasonable?), and they have the worst case of internalized Puritan work ethic I have seen in an industrialized nation. You will be stared at where ever you work for actually leaving for lunch.

My boss lived in Boston for 4 years. He thought when I went for a conference he could say "just take the bus to the hotel."

Yeah dude, I'm not gonna try to figure out the bus stops with luggage and all that crap. The company pays for Uber.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
The Packers are the most successful franchise, the Steelers are the most successful SB era franchise. Calm down D-link.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I hate Boston because of Mark Wahlberg

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

TheChirurgeon posted:

It may be a signifier of longevity, but it signals poor backups/depth as much as consistency, and it also signals never being on a team that could rest its starters for the playoffs. It's neat, but I think it's in the same area of accomplishments as carries for a running back.

games started is also not great, for similar reasons.

lol

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
I like threads where people talk about how Pats fans are the worst. Because Pats fans are the worst.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I don't really know many Pats fans irl so I can't say but I do know that of all the fanbases out there I want to tailgate with Bills fans more than any other.

Set that table up let's do this.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I know two Pats fans. One is chill and honestly only seems happy at her team winning games and thinking Goodell is a useless piece of poo poo (and really, who among us does not). The other posts screen grabs of the SB score at 3:28 pm every other day.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Most Pats I know where I live are generally pretty okay people.

I used to be tight with a Pats fan (from LA of all places) who I worked with for a couple of years and he was hands down the most unpleasant person, defensive person i've ever met, though football was but a small reason as to why he sucked out loud. Anyway that's my story

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Maybe he's related to Ehud's co-worker

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

What does a team's backups/depth have to do with an individual player's consecutive snaps and consistency being a merit when considering that player for the HoF?!?

I present to you: HoF candidate D'Brickashaw Ferguson

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/new-york-jets-nfl-ironman-dbrickashaw-ferguson-snaps-080515

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I already set you up with Casey Wiegmann for this and you go and pick a better player?

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Don't forget the really bad racism

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Grittybeard posted:

I already set you up with Casey Wiegmann for this and you go and pick a better player?

poo poo, I missed that post. Great point, though

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Eli Wiggum posted:

I hate Boston because of Mark Wahlberg

Watch Three Kings

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Strobe posted:

I know two Pats fans. One is chill and honestly only seems happy at her team winning games and thinking Goodell is a useless piece of poo poo (and really, who among us does not). The other posts screen grabs of the SB score at 3:28 pm every other day.

I loving hate the patriots but I'm here for this level of petty.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Most Pats fans I know IRL are solid people, but every single one of them has pulled the "yeah, but I had to deal with them when they SUCKED."

Motherfucker I'm a Bills fan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Spoeank posted:

I loving hate the patriots but I'm here for this level of petty.

I stay up till 0016 hours every night just to post "Niner time! On facebook.

• Locked thread