Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb, Destroyer of Seeb.
Also, getting my reflexes back has it to where I'm consistently the only positive KD on the team. I'm not very good at all, but Jesus people.

Also the Bones of Eao are like cheating. I basically fly everywhere now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I was playing with a frostees+memory of felwinter gimmick build yesterday and it's good fun to fly around the map.

Need an exotic that gives sprint turn speed and triple jump, make titans sad that someone is faster than them again.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Mill Village posted:

Would player numbers help make your decision?

Ahh yes. 700k players. But i only see the same dozen or so.

When lower tier friends post scoreboard screenshot i never recognize a single name, despite how much I've played.

SBMM really needs to gently caress off.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

el B posted:

How do i make a smurf account on psn? If it involves me making a new email account, forgeddaboutit

loving nice, cheese!

Thanks guys.

Yep #5. I wanted #1 but i have the 4 guys infront of me added as friends and i just don't have the time to do it like they do.

I have half as many games played as most of them.

The key to gaining DTR is to not lose. At the pointy end of the mountain even loss takes about 7 wins to make up. You will lose DTR even if you drop a 5kd and lose. So i don't bother solo dropping now.

FarNorthLegend stopped playing well over a year ago and is still Top 5. He is from New Zealand and i played with him a lot, the best player i have played with or against.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I like the seasons method that Guardian.gg uses but the weighting for wins and losses on destiny tracker is kind of insane, should a 33 kill 3kd game that I lose really cost me 25 points but a win with a 1.1 k/d and like 8 kills really net me 9?

There's no way I'm a better trials player than I am at say control but I'm way higher rated at trials.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Elo based ranking is for pure 1v1 scenarios and it's really stupid to use it for pvp with non static teams.

It works if all you do is drop with the same caliber overall team comp, but even then it's not necessarily a reflection of your skill and more a reflection of said team comp.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
What I'm saying is the only true Elo rank in Destiny is SRL, and I'm diamond there

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
How does Destiny Tracker calculate stats? With my extra account, I'm in the top .6% of players with a 1.93 k/d, but my main is in the top 22% with a 1.15 k/d

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

How does Destiny Tracker calculate stats? With my extra account, I'm in the top .6% of players with a 1.93 k/d, but my main is in the top 22% with a 1.15 k/d

DTR score?

They don't disclose. But it's heavily tied to Wins and W/L ratio. With a nod to KD as well.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Elo based ranking is for pure 1v1 scenarios and it's really stupid to use it for pvp with non static teams.

It works if all you do is drop with the same caliber overall team comp, but even then it's not necessarily a reflection of your skill and more a reflection of said team comp.

Yeah ELO is loving dumb. Even more so guardian.gg implementation of it for trials.

It's easily manipulated buy playing with god tier friends on their poo poo tier alts.

I do like Destiny Trackers version of ELO, since I'm the only player in the world to be Top 200 (Legionnair) in 10 different play lists :smug:

CheeseFactory fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Apr 18, 2017

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

CheeseFactory posted:

DTR score?

They don't disclose. But it's heavily tied to Wins and W/L ratio. With a nod to KD as well.

Only 259 for my alt. It makes sense that it's tied to W/L; I've only played 11 matches with three under 1.0 k/d.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Legionier

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

I dusted off my old zarinaea and good god it still does some work in the crucible

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

el B posted:

Legionier

Pronounced legion er

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Legion-air imo

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

They all do it differently and they all do it differently from Bungie too. There are Elo variants adapted for team play but who knows if anyone's using those.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Or Leg-ian-eir

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
3rd leg in ear

bushwookie19
Apr 2, 2015

This is the single greatest crucible kill I have ever had.

http://i.imgur.com/ctt4mCY.gifv

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
rip sticky tripmines

also rip that guy loving lamo

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

el B posted:

Legionier

:golfclap:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
trip report

sunsingers still bad.

http://i.imgur.com/VpzFANK.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/GA6wZDI.gifv

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

I don't approve of sunsingers but i do approve of tbaggin

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Nice.

But you can't beat this one: https://youtu.be/KFKuIjTK3CM

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Insane Totoro posted:

Maybe someday we'll see video of the equivalent of twelve blueberries running in straight lines at one another and whiffing melees. Or drawing a smiley face around their targets with god-rolled Palindromes and PDXs with everyone standing in a firing line motionless.

Don't stop, I'm almost there :gizz:

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Someone pull up Moist turtlenecks control elo and .5 kd

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Someone pull up Moist turtlenecks control elo and .5 kd

Lmao

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

CheeseFactory posted:

Nice.

But you can't beat this one: https://youtu.be/KFKuIjTK3CM

:munch:

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

eeooohhh boy

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
Dunno if Trials' population went back up with AoT or if there were just more scrubs like myself grinding out bounties before Trials ended, but when I completed a few cards the matches were the most even they've been for me.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb, Destroyer of Seeb.
Oh God, I just checked that website for the first time. This...speaks for itself. I used to play a lot of Engineer CTF on Battlefield. (ALWAYS BE CAPPING!)

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Same here. First time checking it out.

Something must be off with their calculations. There's no way I'm in the upper quarter of players for most of the categories. I feel like I'm average, at best.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Bungie had to delete this from their IG

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

texaholic posted:

K/D too high?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Oh is it blind grenade bragging time?

http://i.imgur.com/dHR0Ett.gifv

'cause I did that yesterday.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

texaholic posted:

Took me a minute but God drat. How do you not notice that before reposting?

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

cvnvcnv posted:

K/D too high?

N I G - S T A L K E R

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Wow that took me a long time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

texaholic posted:

N I G - S T A L K E R

Yeah, I caught that before asking.

• Locked thread