Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Wow so that Jackass fish mission just straight up kills you and ends the game huh? I'm not sure why they thought not having a basic autosave feature was a cool and immersive idea or that giving you a game over without any real "hey we're about to instantly kill you in a game with no autosave" warning would be funny or entertaining, but here we are.

This game seems really great, but with a few bafflingly bad designs here and there that I am amazed any competent studio would make. Not even a basic autosave system in a game made in 2017, the lovely camera often locks into a position where you can't actually see what you need to fight in bosses, poo poo like an instant kill joke ending without any real warning other than a "haha eat this, it might kill you or something".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

2B's design is interesting since it's incredibly fanservicey, but it works in a way a lot of similar designs don't. It's distinctive, it suits her character, and it's clearly integrated into the rest of the world's aesthetic. There's a touch of class to go with the excellent rear end.

idk. I feel like 2B could be wearing full stockings/longer skirt along with the better camera POV and it would have the same effect minus the 10000 butt fan arts.

tweet my meat posted:

Wow so that Jackass fish mission just straight up kills you and ends the game huh? I'm not sure why they thought not having a basic autosave feature was a cool and immersive idea or that giving you a game over without any real "hey we're about to instantly kill you in a game with no autosave" warning would be funny or entertaining, but here we are.

Jackass mentions how the fish will probably kill you.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

tweet my meat posted:

This game seems really great, but with a few bafflingly bad designs here and there that I am amazed any competent studio would make. Not even a basic autosave system in a game made in 2017, the lovely camera often locks into a position where you can't actually see what you need to fight in bosses, poo poo like an instant kill joke ending without any real warning other than a "haha eat this, it might kill you or something".

Well, they did warn you, and she is a jackass.

Save more.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYUOe8yY5Ck

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

tweet my meat posted:

*Character literally says "Don't blame me if you die though."*
"WTF why did I die?"

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
"don't blame me if this kills ya" isn't quite the same as "hey this is 100% going to kill you and is going to make you slog back through the backtracking sidequest you just did because you didn't have the foresight to plan around the game ending on a joke side mission" I assumed something funny would happen and I would move on with the game like with any reasonably developed game.

Instant gently caress you deaths have never been entertaining in other games and they certainly haven't changed in this game.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

tweet my meat posted:

This is incredibly funny actually

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

tweet my meat posted:

"don't blame me if this kills ya" isn't quite the same as "hey this is going to instantly end the game and make you slog back through the backtracking sidequest you just did because you didn't have the foresight to plan around the game ending on a joke side mission"

Instant gently caress you deaths have never been entertaining in other games and they certainly haven't changed in this game.

I dunno, this is pretty entertaining.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

tweet my meat posted:

Haha way to go on not reading text or saving often.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
And yeah, it's certainly entertaining when you get the new guy rolling through every few days complaining about it in the thread, but not to actually play.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

tweet my meat posted:

"don't blame me if this kills ya" isn't quite the same as "hey this is 100% going to kill you and is going to make you slog back through the backtracking sidequest you just did because you didn't have the foresight to plan around the game ending on a joke side mission" I assumed something funny would happen and I would move on with the game like with any reasonably developed game.

quote:

"A common poisonous fish. It congeals fluids inside android bodies when eaten, so its consumption has been outlawed. Strangely enough, it has no effect on humans"

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Bad Seafood fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Apr 18, 2017

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

let me bask in it

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

You're not wrong to be annoyed, but let's be honest here, it is pretty funny.

(idk man, the game tells you in no uncertain terms that there's auto-saving feature--it hosed me over too, but there really isn't any ambiguity about the warning they give you)

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

tweet my meat posted:

:allears:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Jackass is standing literally 20 feet from a terminal. There's no excuse for not saving before talking to her!

Also the only big flaw in this game is that it needed more Jackass sidequests.

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

tweet my meat posted:

Gonna go ahead and screencap this to make fun of you later. :allears:

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I'm surprised there's no concept art of Jackass considering she's voiced and probably the second-most important resistance android after Anemone.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The character design of every resistance member (outside of d+p) is pretty bad. I wouldn't be shocked if there was no concept art at all.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Bad Seafood posted:

I'm surprised there's no concept art of Jackass considering she's voiced and probably the second-most important resistance android after Anemone.

Isn't there a new artbook coming shortly? Maybe it'll be in that.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Considering the music changes to a super ominous track when she tells you to eat the fish, along with her saying it might kill you, you should probably assume it's gonna kill you. Not to mention the save point literally 10 feet behind you.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I stand by my point that instant game overs as a joke aren't good, as entertaining to the thread as they may be. I look forward to smugly telling the next person to fall for it to save often though.

Are there any major cutoffs for completing sidequests? I like to complete whatever's in my backlog but I usually wind up putting it off a fair bit.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

tweet my meat posted:

Are there any major cutoffs for completing sidequests? I like to complete whatever's in my backlog but I usually wind up putting it off a fair bit.

Yes. Several.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

tweet my meat posted:

I stand by my point that instant game overs as a joke aren't good, as entertaining to the thread as they may be. I look forward to smugly telling the next person to fall for it to save often though.

You should try self-destructing in the Bunker next

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

exploded mummy posted:

You should try self-destructing in the Bunker next
I did that (route C spoilers) after beating route B during the credits before i saved

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Oh yeah, the endings. Are there any small things I might miss that would lock me out of getting a decent first ending? I'm sure there's some super hard true ending or something that I'll go for on my second attempt, but I just don't want to get locked into a lame one the first time around.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

No Wave posted:

The character design of every resistance member (outside of d+p) is pretty bad. I wouldn't be shocked if there was no concept art at all.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

tweet my meat posted:

Oh yeah, the endings. Are there any small things I might miss that would lock me out of getting a decent first ending? I'm sure there's some super hard true ending or something that I'll go for on my second attempt, but I just don't want to get locked into a lame one the first time around.

endings f and on are basically joke endings where the credits scroll really fast because you did something horrific or stupid or both

the only missable one involves not dying at a point during a sidequest that you get when you collect & max all weapons (there will be a countdown. let it expire)

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

tweet my meat posted:

The first non-joke ending you get will always be the same.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Honestly still think it's really bad and not evocative of anything :/

But other people might like it, not trying to start a flame war

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

tweet my meat posted:

You will get all the main endings as long as you keep playing the game. There aren't branches into good and bad endings that you earn during the main story.

You'll be able to go back for sidequests and jokey side endings that you might have missed eventually. There's only one ending that's possible to miss, and you almost certainly won't stumble upon it or lock yourself out of it accidentally. e: yeah listen to exploded mummy about it.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Alright cool. Also, I seem to have missed the thing that restores the settings menu to normal english early on. What exactly do I need to do to get it to normal?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I just got the teleport ability and the main quest seems to want me to use it but I'm not sure where it wants me to go.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

tweet my meat posted:

Alright cool. Also, I seem to have missed the thing that restores the settings menu to normal english early on. What exactly do I need to do to get it to normal?

Can you be more specific than "it isn't normal?"

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

No Wave posted:

Honestly still think it's really bad and not evocative of anything :/

But other people might like it, not trying to start a flame war
I don't really have an opinion on them one way or the other, you just said you didn't think there was any concept art so I posted some.

When I found out Anemone had art I figured Jackass would have some too, so I was surprised to learn she didn't - or at least that none of it has been leaked yet.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
If you look at the main pause screen​, the current objective is at the bottom.

Yeah, it's real confusing and annoying that your main objective isn't on the quest screen.

It's go to the bunker.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Bad Seafood posted:

I don't really have an opinion on them one way or the other, you just said you didn't think there was any concept art so I posted some.
Oh ok - thanks!

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Post + username combo is good.

I was going to wait until end of summer to do another playthrough, but I couldn't help myself. Already finished route A again.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Johnny Landmine posted:

Can you be more specific than "it isn't normal?"

As in none of it is readable and I can't really change the settings at all without some guesswork.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Fiddled with the URL to preserve the sanctity of the fish joke in Id's thread since someone just cross-posted from my imgur account in there.