Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I'd argue that Manziel being out of the league after only 8 starts is more about him being a walking disaster than being a below-average NFL quarterback.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

It still makes him an awful first round pick.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

all-Rush mixtape posted:

I'd argue that Manziel being out of the league after only 8 starts is more about him being a walking disaster than being a below-average NFL quarterback.

it can be both.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

all-Rush mixtape posted:

He had the physique of a high school tennis player. He was always doomed regardless of the off field stuff.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

sean10mm posted:

Yeah, but most of those guys were at least good college players. Their games didn't translate to the pros, absolutely, but Hack was outright lovely IN COLLEGE. Like, E.J. Manuel was MASSIVELY better as a college QB than Hack.

Christian Ponder is probably the closest, his college production was extremely :effort: and he went higher than Hackenberg. But Hackenberg was still substantively worse than Ponder as a college player.

Anyone who watched FSU football will tell you Ponder was MUCH better than Manuel. Even Jimbo said he wouldn't draft EJ before like the 4th round, he had very little trust in him.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

all-Rush mixtape posted:

Nah, he's a poo poo NFL QB, too

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I can't tell if it's the racism in my eyeballs but McCaffrey seems slow to me.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

To the bottom of the 1st you go....

https://twitter.com/revengeofbirds/status/854081692776181767

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
So getting kicked out of the combine was a strategy then?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Docjowles posted:

I dunno if Bortles really deserves to be in the "abject disaster" category. I mean, he's not good, but he's not out of the loving league after 8 starts like Manziel.

We'll see if he salvages his career this season, but he was drafted #3 overall in an absurdly stacked draft class and I'm not convinced he's really even much better than EJ.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

talented linebackers, you say?!?!?!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Lots of smoke the Chiefs are going to trade up, targeting either McCaffrey (boooo) or Mahomes (yaaayyy)

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Is there a reason the panthers shouldn't just take Ramczyk or Robinson if Fournette and Adams are off the board. I know pass rush and RB help is needed, but I'd rather Robinson even if he is a mauling retard rather than the "dancing bear" everyone covets than McCaffery.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Vince Young could have been great on a better organization.

The Titans coddled VY like a newborn babe, I have no idea what else they could have done. He didn't study film, he didn't have the desire to get better. He coasted for a couple good years and then washed out like he would have on any other team.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Demon Of The Fall posted:

The Titans coddled VY like a newborn babe, I have no idea what else they could have done. He didn't study film, he didn't have the desire to get better. He coasted for a couple good years and then washed out like he would have on any other team.

He also had a fantastic offensive line for the early part of his career and CJ2k at the time was loving dunking on people. He had it pretty easy and still hosed it up.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

kiimo posted:

Lots of smoke the Chiefs are going to trade up, targeting either McCaffrey (boooo) or Mahomes (yaaayyy)

Would honestly be okay with either of these, but I think I'd lean Mahomes if they're both still there. Funslinging is great.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It's because Vince Young barely has the brain power to put his pants on frontways

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

kiimo posted:

It's because Vince Young barely has the brain power to put his pants on frontways

Hook em.jpg

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

BlindSite posted:

Is there a reason the panthers shouldn't just take Ramczyk or Robinson if Fournette and Adams are off the board. I know pass rush and RB help is needed, but I'd rather Robinson even if he is a mauling retard rather than the "dancing bear" everyone covets than McCaffery.

If the Panthers draft McAffery I'm going to have....issues.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

If the Panthers draft McAffery I'm going to have....issues.

I'm pretty secure in my delusion that it's 5 dimensional chess to trade back and still take howard.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I mean he ran a 4.48 40? Cuz he looks way slower, weaker and less shifty than Cook or Fournette. Not to mention a touch primadonna. And I'm supposed to be excited about him because he can catch passes? Ugh.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

40 times are barely meaningful, live game speed is what matters

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I'd be interested in seeing ten yard splits for the RBs

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

kiimo posted:

I mean he ran a 4.48 40? Cuz he looks way slower, weaker and less shifty than Cook or Fournette. Not to mention a touch primadonna. And I'm supposed to be excited about him because he can catch passes? Ugh.

scorching.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I don't know I just watched like fifteen minutes of his highlights and came away thinking nah. Certainly not worth trading up for. If you're going to trade up for a running back he's got to be a destroyer of worlds not a dude who can put up 225 ten times. But maybe his speed is deceiving. His 37" vertical is particularly promising. I don't' know.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

kiimo posted:

Where

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

kiimo posted:

I don't know I just watched like fifteen minutes of his highlights and came away thinking nah. Certainly not worth trading up for. If you're going to trade up for a running back he's got to be a destroyer of worlds not a dude who can put up 225 ten times. But maybe his speed is deceiving. His 37" vertical is particularly promising. I don't' know.

On the chiefs or Pats he could be a monster, it's going to be about the right fit though.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kiimo posted:

McCaffrey is at least 80% more likely to be a good NFL player. Not that I wouldn't be as excited as anyone to finally draft a QB if Andy Reid believes in him.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Some MB I'm sure.

I haven't heard anything about them wanting to go after McCaffrey; it doesn't mesh with what Dorsey and Reid do in the first.

I've heard Cunningham, Watson, Mahomes, Trubisky and Reddick were the ones on the board.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Chiefs Planet, Arrowhead Pride, Kansas City driveways where neighbors chat, other non-trustworthy places

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Smoke signals from parm?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

What do you mean "smoke signals" :colbert:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

kiimo posted:

What do you mean "smoke signals" :colbert:

isn't that how Chiefs communicate :c00lbert:

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast
So much talk about QB's who were poo poo in college but we're inexplicably drafted very high and nary mention of Jake locker?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

So much talk about QB's who were poo poo in college but we're inexplicably drafted very high and nary mention of Jake locker?

Who?

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

BlindSite posted:

Every other move the panthers have made this offseason implies that they think they're closer to super bowl contender than mediocre 8-8 team. I really think they're trying to take someone who's going to be able to really contribute this season, and basically all of the tackles this class are prospects at best.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Under 10 days to draft must read at least 500 mock drafts for no reason what so ever. Browns taking a poo poo and miss the time limit to submit pick one, get pick two is my mock draft.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Who's going to be the first team to grotesquely reach for a weak QB prospect out of desperation this year?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

sean10mm posted:

Who's going to be the first team to grotesquely reach for a weak QB prospect out of desperation this year?

The first team to pick a qb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I read ESPN mock drafts specifically so I know where players won't go.

e: this is the back end of what SBNation is using to sum and chart 75 mock drafts for the first round

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DyNKdXcTBFSZOAdK3eqGafo7AWwgsKNY6fboxNgkv_0/edit#gid=0

No Butt Stuff fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Apr 18, 2017

• Locked thread