Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Spoeank posted:

I'm going to New Orleans for a week the Monday after the draft.

I took 3 extra days off for funsies.

My wife loving haaaaaates me when I take pto because she only has 2 weeks.

Hire me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I have 28 days of leave accrued at the moment. Looking forward to taking two weeks off in June

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Apply to farmers insurance claims bub.

Start off 4 weeks pto, 6% 401k match, 10% base pay bonus every year.

And a company car and thanks to California labor laws you're hourly 8 hours a day flat.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Spoeank posted:

And a company car and thanks to California labor laws you're hourly 8 hours a day flat.

This must be new. My best friend was a claims rep with Farmers up until about 4 years ago and didn't have any of that except the car

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I've worked for farmers since 2010. None of that is new. :confused:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Huh, maybe I'm just remembering wrong.

I remember applying 6 or 7 years ago and thinking that being on the catastrophe team sounded interesting

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

a neat cape posted:

Huh, maybe I'm just remembering wrong.

I remember applying 6 or 7 years ago and thinking that being on the catastrophe team sounded interesting

If you're not tied down do CAT. 21 days straight including travel, then a week off. If you're California based, OT out the rear end.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

seiferguy posted:

Seinfeld aged better than Friends, at least.
Yup

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I think I'm going to rewatch Happy Endings. That was a fun show.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Oh my god they brought Prison Break back

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

a neat cape posted:

Legends of Tomorrow is in its second season and probably has a third :confused:

I'm taking a week off in May and am booking flights to NY to visit a friend for fourish days, thinking about jetting down to DC for a day or two I've never been and I got a degree in history. Worth it? Anything I need to do?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Bad Moon posted:

Legends of Tomorrow is in its second season and probably has a third :confused:

I'm taking a week off in May and am booking flights to NY to visit a friend for fourish days, thinking about jetting down to DC for a day or two I've never been and I got a degree in history. Worth it? Anything I need to do?

If you have never been to any of the monuments or museums, I suggest picking a couple rather than trying to do everything. My favorite monument is the FDR on, its like a nice park that you walk through and has great water views. Air and Space is cool, and you don't have to spend a ton of time there. Holocaust Museum is expectedly a total bummer, but still a great experience. There is a poo poo ton of good eating and drinking in DC too if that's your thing.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Spoeank posted:

What the gently caress, 6% for all matching? Those are good benefits!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

a neat cape posted:

I just finished 13 reasons why, I cant think why I stuck through that show but it's ok. Need something else to binge. Is 3% any good? I tried the expanse but its not... good.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I rock a 7% matching but dang 10% bonus and a company car

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
State funded pension y'all, who needs a 401k?

Oh god they're gonna defund us and I'm going to die on the streets in 30 years gently caress my life

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

What the gently caress, 6% for all matching? Those are good benefits!

The job really has a tendency to chew people up and spit them out if the wrong type of person ends up there. The benefits have to be really good to stave off "what the gently caress am I doing with my life."

I transferred departments 4 years ago and if I hadn't, I would be the most tenured in my office in that department by like two years. The second most tenured person is the one who replaced me. It's a meat grinder if you have the wrong personality type.

Read: if you're not a dick you'll quit.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Spoeank posted:

You took one vacation in three years?!

I have 5 weeks pto and I couldn't imagine not having that much time off. I get a 6th starting 1/1/2020.

Working in big law sucks sometimes and the firm I'm at has unfortunately been understaffed for paralegals (which I am) for quite some time. I moved into the department I'm in because of that, been working 50 - 60 hour weeks pretty much non stop until this year. I was the main support in SF while living in Chicago and the time zone difference was a bit of a killer.

Fortunately we get good benefits and the pay is salaried plus a sliding scale on OT work. We've had a guy in SF for a bit and, go figure, he's the dude loving up.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

are we still talking about Seinfeld

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Ehud posted:

are we still talking about Seinfeld
yeh

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

what's the deal with football ? :haw:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

We are all Costanza failsons

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
man I really want a Fat Strat like nothing else rn

also Seinfeld was genuinely pretty good, though naturally the last season isn't quite as good. I appreciate it a lot more when I got older than when I did as a kid, and I really liked it a ton when I young.

Friends is really grating to try and sit through. I don't "get it"

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Only thing to get about Friends is the show is bad

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

swickles posted:

If you have never been to any of the monuments or museums, I suggest picking a couple rather than trying to do everything. My favorite monument is the FDR on, its like a nice park that you walk through and has great water views. Air and Space is cool, and you don't have to spend a ton of time there. Holocaust Museum is expectedly a total bummer, but still a great experience. There is a poo poo ton of good eating and drinking in DC too if that's your thing.

Was thinking Air and Space, Nat History, Spy, Lincoln and FDR? Is that too much for two days?

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Durandal1707 posted:

man I really want a Fat Strat like nothing else rn

I put a decent humbucker in a lovely strat clone and it rules. Just do that

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Hot Diggity! posted:

Only thing to get about Friends is the show is bad

It's true

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Do you guys seriously have the expectation that fictional characters should embody your personal ideals in order to say that you like them or a show in its totality because I am having trouble wrapping my head around this

Brom of Blackwater is the best character ever written.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
A bra is for ladies.

Check out...the bro

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Chichevache posted:

Brom of Blackwater is the best character ever written.

there's over 9000 reasons to hate grrm, and its derivatives, the least of which is for how his extremely basic bitch, literal interpretation of Hobbes' "nasty brutish and short" isn't socially aware enough or something i still don't get it

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

You're not having dinner with a bra salesman!
He only sells them, he doesn't wear them!

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

My dad puts up a Festivus pole in their yard every year and every year people in their neighborhood complain.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Hot Diggity! posted:

My dad puts up a Festivus pole in their yard every year and every year people in their neighborhood complain.

sounds like they need to get in on the festivus activities and air those grievances

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Bad Moon posted:

Was thinking Air and Space, Nat History, Spy, Lincoln and FDR? Is that too much for two days?

Solid museum choices, though be warned that Spy is not on the Mall and not in the Smithsonian, so you'll have to pay.

The memorials are quicker than the museums, so you could probably hit up the wars and MLK as well. MLK looks atrocious in pictures but in person it was quite nice. Having him staring at the Jefferson Memorial is an inspired touch.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Hot Diggity! posted:

This sounds like a HOA lawyer's wet dream. Not the lawyer for the HOA, but a lawyer specializing in HOA stuff. My buddy who works for the feds was telling me how easy it is to prove selective enforcement (because condo commandos tend to be real dumb) which is not legal. Are Christmas trees or decorations allowed? If so, they are toast.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

My wife is watching Girls and it's the worst loving thing ever and I wanna die

I'm just treating it as Kylo Ren backstory

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I'm watching Friends as we speak, haters.

(It's extremely whatever.)

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
ur wife is bad

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Eli Wiggum posted:

ur wife is bad

I'll fight you

Girls love Girls. It's a bad show.

Like guys and WWE.

Probably Magic posted:

I'm watching Friends as we speak, haters.

(It's extremely whatever.)

It's incredibly average but goons deal in absolutes so it's terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Donald Glover's in this? Childish Gambino you have betrayed me

• Locked thread