Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

:regd10: Top ten!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

What a long strange trip this has been

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Did PapaCowboy break down in sobs appropriately?

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

That honestly took longer than I thought it would take you guys. Good to see you're still chugging up the ladder though. How long till you're #1?

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

We should throw another stupid forum chat game party in celebration of being top ten the next time he's online.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

neogeo0823 posted:

That honestly took longer than I thought it would take you guys. Good to see you're still chugging up the ladder though. How long till you're #1?

Another 2-3 years at the current rate, which considering the game is about 8 years old is pretty good

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Leaderboard points is one of the reasons I want us to do a newbie drive. If we pick up some fresh blood, especially now that our stockpiles are more mature, we can speed up our progression.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Or we make May combat month and hack-the-xp planet

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Cake, is it a drug, or is it simply a delicious chocolatey piece of heaven?

Virigoth posted:

Or we make May combat month and hack-the-xp planet

Combat, are you mad?

/makes vaguely peace-like gestures and sips her cup of tea

also very well done to the guild for getting to #10!

Goodchild
Jan 3, 2010
I don't have any kind of Idler going at the moment, so my life feels hollow. I signed up as Goodchild, if invites are still flowing.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Goodchild posted:

I don't have any kind of Idler going at the moment, so my life feels hollow. I signed up as Goodchild, if invites are still flowing.

Invited, please press button under Manage.

ralin
Jan 20, 2004
aaa
Can I get a guild invite? Username is Ralin.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

ralin posted:

Can I get a guild invite? Username is Ralin.

Invited, please press button under Manage.

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

In as Priapus. A bit surprised that name wasn't taken!

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Priapus Unbound posted:

In as Priapus. A bit surprised that name wasn't taken!

You've been invited, press butan and join the fun*!

*for variable definitions of fun.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Aside from a brief addiction to the Shark game, idle games don't do much for me. However I've grown to hate the pubbie community of this one with a passion and contributing in even the tiniest way to making them angry is well worth keeping another tab open and occasionally clicking a mushroom.

I Love Topanga
Oct 3, 2003
This looks interesting. Can I get an invite at TLuvFromUpAbove ?

Got the invite, thanks!

One suggestion, put whatever the current guild name is in he OP. I saw a person in world chat when I joined but I wasn't sure it was goons because I didn't know the name had changed to #10.

I Love Topanga fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Apr 26, 2017

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

I Love Topanga posted:

This looks interesting. Can I get an invite at TLuvFromUpAbove ?

Got the invite, thanks!

One suggestion, put whatever the current guild name is in he OP. I saw a person in world chat when I joined but I wasn't sure it was goons because I didn't know the name had changed to #10.

Man, that would necessitate a lot of edits to the OP.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

In as Wexley.

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Cake, is it a drug, or is it simply a delicious chocolatey piece of heaven?

Comrade Koba posted:

In as Wexley.

Invite sent, feel free to accept, and welcome to the guild...

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

In as FiveFingers.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Null1fy posted:

In as FiveFingers.

Invite Sent. Press button for the joy of your life.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Roflex posted:

Plus, there's an API coming soon.

:laugh:

Brave Squirrel
Mar 25, 2009
Checking this out as Brave Squirrel.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Brave Squirrel posted:

Checking this out as Brave Squirrel.

Someone has invited you, so press Bhutan and join the fun.

To the person that invited, :justpost:

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

In as Taiyoko.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

taiyoko posted:

In as Taiyoko.

Invite sent, press button

Telltolin
Apr 4, 2004

in as tollumink

been tryin this the past couple days its pretty neato

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Telltolin posted:

in as tollumink

been tryin this the past couple days its pretty neato

Invite sent, press button, spend crash boom gently caress england day watching numbers go up and timers go down

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Got some details on the upcoming extensions overhaul:

• One "extension" per type, accessible anywhere on the island where that type is exclusive to (Grumpy's undecided on what to do with Orchards, Distilleries, and Smokehouses)
  • All your current extensions of a type will have their experience pooled, in general it seems you will have fewer slots overall than before.
  • More starting slots, more slots per level (Grumpy teased 50 + 15 for herb gardens), probably much more XP needed per level (or a smaller multiplier)
  • Permissions will be strictly on/off, individual level only (no guild / bulk add permissions). But at most 14 things to add players to (one per extension type) - more likely 4-6 is what most people will have to deal with (herb, veggie, still, orchard)
  • Permissions interface will make it easier to bulk-add though.

I Love Topanga
Oct 3, 2003
Possible lame exploit.

If I have zero mana, drink a bottle of lightning, then start to clear an extension, I magically have 3 mana. I can then go back to town and start making white runes immediately.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

I Love Topanga posted:

Possible lame exploit.

If I have zero mana, drink a bottle of lightning, then start to clear an extension, I magically have 3 mana. I can then go back to town and start making white runes immediately.

Are you sure that extra mana isn't coming from the every-five-minute ticks?

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Finally got a chance to test out the bonus effect from gilded tools (private beta only). It's nice.

Also here's a couple more of the new features:

Top left: New one-click travel system. Select any town and you'll automatically travel along all the actions required.
Middle: Action menu now shows how many actions you can do and what materials they take. Should reduce manual lookups a little bit. Also when you're doing the action you get a little mini-menu in the upper right of the action area that shows how many actions you have left.

-------------------

Guild news:
-August project will be tools. Going to calculate out worst-case scenarios of break rates/XP and get our stocks up to having enough to get 100 people to max level in each skill.
-Also during August we're going to stock up on apples and pumpkins (can't really wait around for the extensions update any more at this point) and have a recruitment drive for the harvest events.
-September/October is mostly going to be all about the apples, pumpkins, ciders, and ales. November I was thinking we get RD% stuff up in anticipation of the Christmas event.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Gave the OP a much-needed overhaul in preparation for our fall newbie drive. Tried to keep it short this time. If anyone can take a cleanish screenshot of the "back to town" screen in AB for inclusion, that would help because I'm in the private beta and a lot of things got moved around so it wouldn't be helpful for new players.

e: Also I'd like to get a title change but don't have any good ideas right now.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Roflex posted:

just do what most goons do and turn guild chat off entirely

Scandalous! :wth:

Driya
Feb 16, 2011

I signed up as Drynn a day or two ago. No idea what I'm doing so far

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Driya posted:

I signed up as Drynn a day or two ago. No idea what I'm doing so far

Invited.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

I have no idea what you're talking about.

it was like 3 am and I was editing it while playing rocket league okay

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Looking for a guild invite. Name's BugJug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

BUG JUG posted:

Looking for a guild invite. Name's BugJug.

Invite sent, press button