Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

1500quidporsche posted:

I actually think the FD suffers from the same problem the Supra does and if anything it's more pronounced. It's a phenomenal car but I think it's too over the top styling wise.

Man you're just making GBS threads all over the dream somewhat attainable cars of my childhood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

gret posted:

Man you're just making GBS threads all over the dream somewhat attainable cars of my childhood.

I am by no means the voice of the popular majority so I wouldn't be too worried about it.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Wehrlein looked good this round so I think GIO may have scared him.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
You morons are forgetting the R32 GTR :colbert:

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Norns posted:

Oh I'm not talking looks. Honda in Super GT has been as good as Honda in f1 in the recent years.

I meant to quote Tony Montana saying it looked like an angry Civic... :saddowns:

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
yeah they no pinafarina

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Tony Montana posted:

This baby always had a special place in my heart. Is that the same as what the guy above said?

This thing actually kinda sucked, the reason Toyota Team Europe cheated was borne out of desperation more than anything.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Tony Montana posted:

It's secondhand. All my cars are secondhand. Not old, but I don't ever buy new. That crazy deprecation is the societal tier a few above me still, I can't rationalize that much cash just to have the new one.

Yeah, never buy new and never keep a BMW past it's warranty. Shits crazy.

We've only ever purchased one brand new car between us my wife's 2016 GT350

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
As iconic as the various Supras were, I always thought it was funny that Toyota pretty much forced Toyota Team Europe into running it, TTE really, really wanted a WRC-homologated version of the Corolla, and thank god that didn't happen.

that said, the '97-on World Rally Car Corolla wasn't that bad looking

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
holy poo poo. I googled at a 2016 GT350, that's your wife's car? That is a loving beast. Dunno how it goes around corners, but it looks like it'd pull like a motherfucker.

yeah the corolla rocks, harks back to the hot as poo poo hatches of the Delta and 205 Ti. Surely it's the same reasons, shorter wheelbase, more nimble and easier to slide sideways through poo poo because it's smaller and no power deficit because twin turbos can make pretty much any little four seal sing.

edit: jesus the delta didn't have twin turbos, it was super and turbocharged.

Tony Montana fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Apr 18, 2017

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

wuffles posted:

Yeah, never buy new and never keep a BMW past it's warranty. Shits crazy.

We've only ever purchased one brand new car between us my wife's 2016 GT350

Your wife sounds pretty awesome, is she single?

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Tony Montana posted:

holy poo poo. I googled at a 2016 GT350, that's your wife's car? That is a loving beast. Dunno how it goes around corners, but it looks like it'd pull like a motherfucker.

It corners really well but its tail happy for sure. Then again, so was the 01' M coupe (with the s54) she sold to buy it. The exhaust note on that voodoo v8 is incredible :allears:

She looked at R version but it didn't have a backseat...so she just got all the R upgrades minus the stupidly expensive carbon fiber wheels since we're not really looking to set record laps at the track. Then they decided to offer the GT350R with a backseat in 2017 :negative:

Powershift posted:

Your wife sounds pretty awesome, is she single?

I'm a lucky man. She has a sister though also married

edit2 better link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtdtGgf1BF0&t=612s

wuffles fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Apr 18, 2017

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Alain Post posted:

As iconic as the various Supras were, I always thought it was funny that Toyota pretty much forced Toyota Team Europe into running it, TTE really, really wanted a WRC-homologated version of the Corolla, and thank god that didn't happen.

that said, the '97-on World Rally Car Corolla wasn't that bad looking

The choice of the NA Supra Mark III for the African rallies was a really weird one. I suppose it was the only suitable RWD platform that Toyota sold in Europe at the time. It was better as a Group A Circuit car and did respectably there.

Another weird African rally car was the S12 Nissan Silvia V6. That thing was never sold outside the USA (not even Canada).

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Alain Post posted:

This thing actually kinda sucked, the reason Toyota Team Europe cheated was borne out of desperation more than anything.

It's also ugly. The ST185 and ST165 is where it's at.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

Minto Took posted:

Clueless American journalist taking shots at Are Nando:

http://racing.ap.org/article/column-so-what-alonso-racing-indy-500

quote:

"Who?" asked my 13-year-old daughter. Trust me, she's a valuable gauge of what's trending, and I guarantee she'd have talked up the race if Stewart or Patrick was in the field.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The African rallies were really weird outliers that favoured tank vehicles with longer wheelbases. I recall an Audi 200 or something equally ridiculous winning in Kenya in '87

F1DriverQuidenBerg fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Apr 18, 2017

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

What's funny about that is someone brings up the fact that Alonso has more Twitter followers than Danica and Tony so she responds with this poo poo:

https://twitter.com/JennaFryer/status/854130285574750209

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Also a handful of Indy drivers took her to task for it.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

A lot of randoms show up for the 500, it isn't like indycar normally has a field of 33. What's her problem?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

ilmucche posted:

A lot of randoms show up for the 500, it isn't like indycar normally has a field of 33. What's her problem?

Probably intimidated by Nandos maximum sex appeal

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

She tried to ride a wave of redneck jingoism in an article on a mainly American sport and failed. Somehow she managed to miss an open net. The worst journalist.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Human Grand Prix posted:

I was thinking that too; he came in from a disadvantage (less time in the car) and beat his teammate

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

The African rallies were really weird outliers that favoured tank vehicles with longer wheelbases. I recall an Audi 200 or something equally ridiculous winning in Kenya in '87

For a long time the A60 RWD Celicas were the thing to have there.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

keevo posted:

What's funny about that is someone brings up the fact that Alonso has more Twitter followers than Danica and Tony so she responds with this poo poo:

She knows! One of us! One of us!

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Nice to see Tony Montana was a Nascar ap journalist this whole time.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Stop talking about cars you fuckin nerds

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

We're not, we're talking about bad journalism!

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Oh gently caress yeah. If there is one thing I love its some NASCAR and ovals. So technologically advanced and the racing is so exciting and boy howdy do those drivers have some SKILLS!

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

I drive. I have a car. It gets me from A to B and has a funky little aux port so I can play whatever music I want through spotify on my phone.

There, I've exhausted my knowledge of cars and can now bow out of the conversation.

No wait, I did once replace the alternator on my first car, a fiat tipo.. and I might have attempted a fix on a knackered section of the exhaust pipe on the same car but failed miserably and had to get a mechanic friend to sort it out for me.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

enri posted:

I drive. I have a car. It gets me from A to B and has a funky little aux port so I can play whatever music I want through spotify on my phone.

There, I've exhausted my knowledge of cars and can now bow out of the conversation.

No wait, I did once replace the alternator on my first car, a fiat tipo.. and I might have attempted a fix on a knackered section of the exhaust pipe on the same car but failed miserably and had to get a mechanic friend to sort it out for me.

Have I ever told you how much I love your av?

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Theophany posted:

Have I ever told you how much I love your av?

No :mad:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

God is love, my friend. God is love.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Apr 18, 2017

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

Human Grand Prix posted:

Yep, he had a solid race, let's see if he can keep doing that.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Theophany posted:

God is love, my friend. God is love.

nice image leech idiot

Somebody fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Apr 18, 2017

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

You Am I posted:

nice image leech idiot

They got monies. gently caress em.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Dont you get in trouble for that? Whack it on a free image host dude. As one of the Brothers of the Scud I must look out for you

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
Pretty sure the days when traffic from the something awful forums could make any sort of dent in a site's bandwidth are well and truly over

Particularly when it's loving Getty

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
geez someone please tell me for sure if i have to keep loving around with imgur, I can just leech images from F1.com if I don't have to

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Use Imgur.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
You won't get probated for leeching, or shouldn't at least, assuming all the mods and admins are on the same page which might be a bit optimistic

Might show broken links for people using https though

• Locked thread