Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

FAUXTON posted:

Lmao at least Shinzo Abe didn't get in there with a quick refresher on Japanese control of the peninsula

E: *votes R for lower safety*

Xi Jinping: "China used to own Korea"
Shinzō Abe: "Japan used to own Korea"

Trump: "I have given North Korea to China and South Korea to Japan. Who knew diplomacy could be this easy?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

ex post facho posted:

ecco levels scared me

i ran out of oxygen and just put the game down

the trick to getting by the octopus is going real slow

this is something my brain could not comprehend at the age of 7

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Office Pig posted:

animation runs the nation

teleVIsion

RULES the NAtion

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

FAUXTON posted:

*furiously jamming butter into a clam*

same

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
cspam election tally is up to date ! 6 minutes left in round 2 voting.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

comingafteryouall posted:

the canadian governing body for intercollegiate sports is a lot more chill than the NCAA, I think it's more like whoever just happens to be in your student body plays the sport.

*golf scholarship

yeah, it really isn't a feeder for professional sports, right? like, for them, hockey is the professional sport and kids pretty much know if they have a shot by high school and go on to minor leagues, right?

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Nichael posted:

:trumppop:
I'm okay.

He's a gentle artist. He draws big breasted ladies fighting dinosaurs, he's actually really cool. He's easily the coolest of his family.

I hope barron comes out of all this nonsense okay but I know the deck is stacked against him

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FAUXTON posted:

*furiously jamming butter into a clam*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsJhXez42Ko

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

DogonCrook posted:

Im a huge soccer fan but really the best sport is probably hockey. If you could fight and it wasnt only rich white people lacross would be up there, cause lol at ice skating.

Jim brown is probably the best lacrosse player to ever play the game when considering his skills vs his competition. They had to change rules after he played. The history of lacrosse is also cool. Up in Canada it's more of a blue collar sport, especially box lacrosse which features a lot of fighting and the superior lacrosse. But in the states, it has been corrupted by rich prep schools and Ivy leagues.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
much like the thing that @potus can't stand about others, this cspam election is anybody's race

crazy cloud fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Apr 18, 2017

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

ex post facho posted:

ecco levels scared me

is it cuz you passed out?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

How long do you guys predict until we actually strike NK? I'm thinking under a month.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

I wonder how much a US President would gain from China by just agreeing not to meet with the Dalai Lama

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

archie lookin weird

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Fidel Castronaut posted:

*golf scholarship

yeah, it really isn't a feeder for professional sports, right? like, for them, hockey is the professional sport and kids pretty much know if they have a shot by high school and go on to minor leagues, right?

yeah that's the way hockey works in the US, too. in other sports, the really good canadians will almost always go to the US to play in the NCAA.

fun fact, something like 20% of american girls who play ice hockey in HS get NCAA scholarships

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Nichael posted:

How long do you guys predict until we actually strike NK? I'm thinking under a month.

i think it depends on if they have another successful launch. it would look dumb to attack them if they keep launching duds but president is real dumb so who knows.

i could be convinced to bet within the month.

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

Nichael posted:

14 days.
I'll go a step further and say no nukes from either side will be used successfully.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
yea i held my breath knowing eccos hltimate fate was to be herded into a cove and slaughtered alongside dozens of friends and family and passed out

i was an extremely woke ecoo player

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

TwoStepBoog posted:

14 days.
I'll go a step further and say no nukes from either side will be used successfully.

I think it's safeish to say this doesn't go nuclear. Probably goes MOABclear though.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nichael posted:

im thinking never at this point

we are already past the threshold where everything is posturing

like when you see two dudes bulldogging each other like they might take a swing

if it lasts more than a certain duration u know neither will

only the two dudes are fat oafs with better things to do

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

ex post facho posted:

ecco levels scared me

same but earthworm jim

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

yeah, i definitely don't see nk using a nuke successfully. i'd be more willing to bet they would accidentally blow themselves up rather than get a successful hit on japan or sk.

we'll finish off our moab stockpile on their nuclear facilities probably.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

TwoStepBoog posted:

14 days.

this is my estimate too both in terms of where the over/under is (14 days) and whether or not either side uses a nuke (they won't, cucking certain nuke loving nucks)

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Regardless, the Syrian and NK stuff has knocked the Russian stories out of the limelight for the most part, so Mission Accomplished!

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
nuke-cucked

nucuckular non-warfare

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

ex post facho posted:

yea i held my breath knowing eccos hltimate fate was to be herded into a cove and slaughtered alongside dozens of friends and family and passed out

i was an extremely woke ecoo player

Ecco is a Sega Genesis game where you have infinite lives

those bastards knew what they'd done

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

crazy cloud posted:

nuke-cucked

nucuckular non-warfare

Cuckle Nucks sounds like a candy or a cereal.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Addamere posted:

im thinking never at this point

we are already past the threshold where everything is posturing

like when you see two dudes bulldogging each other like they might take a swing

if it lasts more than a certain duration u know neither will

only the two dudes are fat oafs with better things to do

its this i think

i see the perspective that kimmy is a loving loon and will take his people down to bring honor to glorious dprk but at the same time they just about instantly die if they nuke someone so it's a buncha tiny flaccid cockwaving because they apparently can't launch a loving missile

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ok maybe not literally never but probably not this president during this particular non-conflict

maybe if nk does something stupid again in a couple of months/years after this hype has gone away

but like i said above its already taken to long to happen if it was gonna happen

nothingburgers for dinner again!!

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I 👏🏿NEED 👏🏿 A 👏🏿 CLOACA 👏🏿

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Nichael posted:

:trumppop:
I'm okay.

He's a gentle artist. He draws big breasted ladies fighting dinosaurs, he's actually really cool. He's easily the coolest of his family.

Barron's coolness relative to his relatives can't be overstated.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Addamere posted:

nothingburgers for dinner again!!

they're vegan!

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

comingafteryouall posted:

the trick to getting by the octopus is going real slow

this is something my brain could not comprehend at the age of 7

that loving octopus

also the ineffable sadness of a dolphin screaming into the ocean nonstop as it desperately tries to find its family

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Flat Daddy posted:

I 👏🏿NEED 👏🏿 A 👏🏿 CLOACA 👏🏿

they're gross and bad and should have evolved away earlier in the vertebrate lineage imo

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Nichael posted:

Regardless, the Syrian and NK stuff has knocked the Russian stories out of the limelight for the most part, so Mission Accomplished!

honestly, i feel like that was running out of steam before anyway because nunes was obstructing things and the senate hasn't really started their hearings and comey still hasn't finished his investigation. the ex mi-6 head saying trump was lent money by the russians is interesting but really nothing is going to move on that story until we get some people investigating it disclosing poo poo or offering immunity to people.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Nichael posted:

Cuckle Nucks sounds like a candy or a cereal.

Tough Luck, Nuck Cuck! - a shitposter's memoir

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

triple sulk posted:

its this i think

i see the perspective that kimmy is a loving loon and will take his people down to bring honor to glorious dprk but at the same time they just about instantly die if they nuke someone so it's a buncha tiny flaccid cockwaving because they apparently can't launch a loving missile

i had a raging boner hoping that kju was gonna try something — anything — against the fleet sent up his way

like i cannot imagine trump not going literally nuclear if the carl vinson had been torpedoed, even if there was no longterm damage and everyone lived

im over here thinking about how hilariously dumb incidents like the falklands war or idk pick a us minor engagement had trump been at the helm

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Barron's coolness relative to his relatives can't be overstated.

i think it's safe to say that if Jeb! was a Trump, he'd probably be one of the "cool ones" too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

like if you ever need to demonstrate that evolution is random and often sucks at problem-solving, one word is sufficient

cloaca

• Locked thread