Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Ryan Blaney wins Stage 1!

Ryan Blaney wins Stage 2!

Doesn't mean poo poo though because at the end of the day, JIMMIEBOT SHOWS UP TO KICK THE gently caress OUT OF THAT LADDER AND TAKE THE STRAP. :suicide:

Oh, and Larson's going to get cucked to second again because of Joey Logano.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Logano holding up Larson hosed up a potentially rad finish :argh:

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Great, now they will have to change the Chase AGAIN

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Kyle Larson is the real goddamn thing

SwampYankee
Mar 7, 2007

By the grace of God and 600 horsepower
I missed the race because I was at Thompson for the Icebreaker. Rowan Pennink put the famous Boehler racing "Ole Blue" #3 Modified back in victory lane for the first time in almost 5 years, 8 years for a points paying event.

I also got this video from the late model feature:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u12JLdIXnf0

Never leave a race until it's over.

Bonus Modified pictures:

All that chrome... :fap:

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

I was a couple sections over from the empty seat twitter picture.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I'm dying lolling at there being more people walking around on the track at CLT this weekend than in the stands at TX

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

SwampYankee posted:

Is that a Troyer?

SwampYankee
Mar 7, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

Is that a Troyer?

Yeah, Ryan Preece was driving it for TS Motorsports. Best looking car there, in my opinion.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

SwampYankee posted:

Yeah, Ryan Preece was driving it for TS Motorsports. Best looking car there, in my opinion.

It's a pretty sweet throwback scheme

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I don't hate this. It's simple at least.
https://twitter.com/TXMotorSpeedway/status/851870333212774401

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

At least the segments are relatively short. The different tire compounds should be interesting. Sounds a lot like an experiment to me for NASCAR's very own REDS VS BLACKS (e- I'm sorry, Yellows and Greens) in the future.

The Open immediately precedes the All-Star Race itself. As God intended.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Apr 11, 2017

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

No "Daytona 500 Pole Winner"? hmmmm

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

big nipples big life posted:

No "Daytona 500 Pole Winner"? hmmmm

Fan Vote.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

someone find reddit a new hero

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
remember when you didnt need manuals to describe how scoring systems and race formats worked

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

No

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Proud Christian Mom posted:

remember when you didnt need manuals to describe how scoring systems and race formats worked

That's what apps on smartphones are for.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the most important thing about the all star race is that the last segment is 10 laps, nothing else matters

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
remember that stupid rear end "quarters" format where the last segment was 25 laps, holy poo poo that sucked

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Honestly, this feels like a good ol' heat race. Well, sort of, but yeah.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Its the allstar race. Thats the entire point of it.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/NASFACTS/status/852896503270133760

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

I heard there was a press conference next Wednesday for Matt Kenneth and JGR and more rumors flying about it's retirement.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Nihilist Arby's, proud sponsor of the NASFACTS Twitter account.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

i am leading in fantasy and im here to tell you that im going to win it all so dont even try

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

Cygni posted:

i am leading in fantasy and im here to tell you that im going to win it all so dont even try

I GOT 141 2/3 CHANCE OF WINNING

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

SwampYankee posted:

I missed the race because I was at Thompson for the Icebreaker. Rowan Pennink put the famous Boehler racing "Ole Blue" #3 Modified back in victory lane for the first time in almost 5 years, 8 years for a points paying event.

I also got this video from the late model feature:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u12JLdIXnf0

Never leave a race until it's over.

Bonus Modified pictures:

Aw cool man. Good for the 3. Surprised Teddy Christopher wasn't running it. I think he's been running that car for the most part of the last few years hasn't he? You can thank me for not going for the good weather by the way. Every time I go to the Ice Breaker or the World Series its like -10 degrees and/or raining and when I don't go its 60 and nice.

SwampYankee
Mar 7, 2007

bigbillystyle posted:

Aw cool man. Good for the 3. Surprised Teddy Christopher wasn't running it. I think he's been running that car for the most part of the last few years hasn't he? You can thank me for not going for the good weather by the way. Every time I go to the Ice Breaker or the World Series its like -10 degrees and/or raining and when I don't go its 60 and nice.

I can't find a list of who's driven it but a quick search says he hasn't been in it since at least 2014. I've had good luck with the Icebreaker, but Saturday nights at the world Series are usually brutal.

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

NASCAR's YouTube channel has uploaded the 1991 and 1992 spring Bristol races.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnH4ByFlSiA

Hell. Yes.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The Spring '91 Bristol race is completely nuts.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Lordy, Jenna Fryer is getting shelled like a September callup. I can't even find a link to the article because her timeline has gotten nuked.

E: found it:
http://racing.ap.org/article/column-so-what-alonso-racing-indy-500?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP_Sports

Perhaps some of the open wheel goons can explain the hate? Objectively she seems to have a good point.

Elitist Bitch fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Apr 18, 2017

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Elitist Bitch posted:

Lordy, Jenna Fryer is getting shelled like a September callup. I can't even find a link to the article because her timeline has gotten nuked.

http://racing.ap.org/article/column-so-what-alonso-racing-indy-500?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP_Sports

Perhaps some of the open wheel goons can explain the hate? Objectively she seems to have a good point.

Basically he wants to do something only one other person has done, but how dare someone from F1 come to Indy Car (completely ignoring Rossi and JPM, among others).

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Elitist Bitch posted:

She basically got everythng wrong in the article, for starters.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Interesting. I don't get the GOAT talk about Alonso I see on Twitter (although I only make it a point to watch the 500 and Monaco so I am a very, very casual open wheel watcher).

I don't understand how she presents Smoke and Danica as options to run the 500 to attract fans. NASCAR is hemorrhaging fans as it stands- and I don't think either of them are as popular as the powers that be think they are. But I don't think she deserved to be attacked for having an Unpopular Opinion.

Kyle Larson in an open wheel car? Yes please :hawksin:

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

She didn't know that the Honda engines in F1 and IndyCars have nothing to do with each other, misstates that Alonso won't do the rookie orientation program, dismisses Alonso because he hasn't won in the last 3 years without considering the job he's done in the shitbox that's the McLaren-Honda, for starters, and she doesn't see to realize that it was McLaren and Alonso who got in touch with IMS about running at Indy, and not they other way around. She's entitled to her opinion, but basically all of her supporting arguments are factually incorrect.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

It would be one thing to have a bad opinion. But like gret pointed out, the entire piece is full of inaccuracies.

Also Fernando Alonso is GOAT. Just stuck in a really bad car.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

gret posted:

She didn't know that the Honda engines in F1 and IndyCars have nothing to do with each other, misstates that Alonso won't do the rookie orientation program, dismisses Alonso because he hasn't won in the last 3 years without considering the job he's done in the shitbox that's the McLaren-Honda, for starters, and she doesn't see to realize that it was McLaren and Alonso who got in touch with IMS about running at Indy, and not they other way around. She's entitled to her opinion, but basically all of her supporting arguments are factually incorrect.

yeah that's the major problem with the aritcle.

Then she drops the whole "my 13 year old has never heard of him" line. Uh....so? People that actually follow racing have some vague idea of who he is.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

FuzzySkinner posted:

yeah that's the major problem with the aritcle.

Then she drops the whole "my 13 year old has never heard of him" line. Uh....so? People that actually follow racing have some vague idea of who he is.

I had to look him up on Wikipedia. Following F1 isn't a prerequisite for "following racing". It's OK to be a race fan and not know dick about F1/Indycar/NASCAR/whatever.

She should go back and fix her factual inaccuracies, I agree. This article smacks of "I had loving nothing else to write about but wanted to get paid this week."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Considering almost every nascar driver except Dale Jr fails the "has an average 13 year old heard of him" test I'd say she needs to chill with that poo poo.

• Locked thread