Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
concealed carry is illegal on alabama campuses soo thats something at least. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 17 days!)

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

This is really bad

protests that turn into street brawls. These are the signs of the end.

Not even close.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Bigger street brawls break out after a Monday soccer match in most normal countries

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
60 people died in a riot over a parade once and no one even gave a poo poo

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2017/04/17/woman-punched-during-berkeley-protest-speaks-out/

she dont seem that hosed up friends.

she's a little badass.

good for you kiddo.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

This is really bad

protests that turn into street brawls. These are the signs of the end.

more people will get hurt if ohio state loses the michigan game this year than got hurt at the berkeley fights on saturday

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
This one is on a Tuesday, and no one actually likes Richard Spencer, so maybe it will be a wash.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Montasque posted:

This one is on a Tuesday, and no one actually likes Richard Spencer, so maybe it will be a wash.

Spencer could get his rear end beat.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Since everyone hates Spencer this is a very good possibility.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

preferred option tbf

The_Politics_Man
Aug 25, 2015
Can't wait for bedwetters to handwring over Mad Max: Retard Road Part 2

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Freep was there!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kktMlLJuTXE

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/milkpiefridays/status/853772755141001216

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

In the future it seems that the line between fascists and antifa will be their abilities in photoshop

did we ever get a height on that sucker punching manlet?

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

zegermans posted:

did we ever get a height on that sucker punching manlet?

I hate that guy because he took something good and true - suckerpunching - and made it lovely and lame.

He's also like 5'1.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Agag posted:

I hate that guy because he took something good and true - suckerpunching - and made it lovely and lame.

He's also like 5'1.

Sources have said 4'8. but the linked news article and interview of the girl he punched shows him at least a whole head taller than her, and says her height is 5'1.
Of course we can't see their legs at that angle, so she could be bending her knees somewhat or he can be on a planter/curb or something.
or there's the comedy option: He put on big boy boots with lifts between when ppg made fun of him and the punch.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Coolness Averted posted:

Sources have said 4'8. but the linked news article and interview of the girl he punched shows him at least a whole head taller than her, and says her height is 5'1.
Of course we can't see their legs at that angle, so she could be bending her knees somewhat or he can be on a planter/curb or something.
or there's the comedy option: He put on big boy boots with lifts between when ppg made fun of him and the punch.

Once of his Idvtvtvy Evrvpv buddies plopped down a milk crate in time for him to hop on it and swing.

As a man over six feet tall, I'll never be able to experience the joy and satisfaction he felt duffing that girl in the face.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

A future Senator wrote that.

Montasque has issued a correction as of 05:43 on Apr 18, 2017

Strom Thermos
Sep 18, 2004

How the gently caress has no one died at these riots yet ?

Strom Thermos
Sep 18, 2004

Also, do dreadlocks prevent your skull from being crushed?

Seemed to keep her brains safe

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Markorjoshua posted:

How the gently caress has no one died at these riots yet ?

Unless the police kill somebody, people rarely die in 21st century riots. Street fighting just isn't that deadly. Even if there's a stabbing there's a pretty good chance of receiving emergency medical treatment.

Strom Thermos
Sep 18, 2004

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Unless the police kill somebody, people rarely die in 21st century riots. Street fighting just isn't that deadly. Even if there's a stabbing there's a pretty good chance of receiving emergency medical treatment.

That's all the riot prep talk I need

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

I'd be more concerned about something like this: http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2017/02/01/allen-scarsella-black-lives-matter-protesters-shootings/

For those who don't remember the story, after the shooting of Philando Castile in a Twin Cities suburb, a bunch of BLM activists held a protest and that racist piece of poo poo showed up with a gun, picked a fight by shouting racial slurs, got scared, pulled the gun out and started shooting. I sincerely hope that I'm wrong, but I think it's only a matter of time until someone gets shot at one of these.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Montasque posted:

A future Senator wrote that.

is this something that can be reported to the police or is there nothing they can do/they aren't interested in doing anything

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I'm looking forward to a fistfight between the unemployed and the unemployable

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

logikv9 posted:

When is the day crew/nite crew dance rumble?

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

logikv9 posted:

bum fights has gotten a lot more ethical since the old days

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Uncle Wemus posted:

is this something that can be reported to the police or is there nothing they can do/they aren't interested in doing anything

right now there's not much reason to expect cops to do anything because this is the political equivalent of two kids getting into a fight after school

cops won't step in against the pro-trump supporters because they have a habitual bias against leftists, it will take clear public sentiment and local/national pressure for them to do anything, basically one side will need to clearly and undeniably be bringing lethal force with intent to use it

though it wouldn't surprise me if the proud boys got labeled a gang if only because gavin mcinnis hosed up and made full initiation into the group require both getting a tattoo that says "PROUD BOY" in a prescribed font and also getting arrested for fighting/trying to fight antifa at a political demonstration

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

THC posted:

Bigger street brawls break out after a Monday soccer match in most normal countries

This.

I live in northern Europe and larger riots break out when the fascist put on even a small march. The U.S. needs some thicker skin tbh

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

this guy studied the blade

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

apokaladle posted:

I'm thankful that this iteration of neo-Nazis is especially garbage and terrible, but please take care everyone.

Milk for chugging in front of minorities. Jesus gently caress, how do you not have a long look at yourself in the mirror after writing that out?

you are too busy buying, and enjoying minority poon to notice

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Uncle Wemus posted:

I'll have to reread it but I don't think there's anything illegal in their call to action.

I just really like the part where they admit over and over that everyone hates Richard Spencer.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
yeah pretty much, implications usually dont count for much unless there is additional evidence or anything and hell keep in mind someone already shot an antifas with as of yet no charges.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Oh those second amendment folks

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Tias posted:

This.

I live in northern Europe and larger riots break out when the fascist put on even a small march. The U.S. needs some thicker skin tbh
The whole idea of rioting makes a lot of Americans uneasy because most of the riots in our memory are caused by anger over racial injustice and/or police misconduct, and they have an unfortunate tendency to move way beyond street brawls, so we tend to associate fighting in the streets with widespread civil disorder, arson, looting, etc. And that's before the whole toxic stew of American gun culture gets tossed into the mix.

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

Azathoth posted:

The whole idea of rioting makes a lot of Americans uneasy because most of the riots in our memory are caused by anger over racial injustice and/or police misconduct, and they have an unfortunate tendency to move way beyond street brawls, so we tend to associate fighting in the streets with widespread civil disorder, arson, looting, etc. And that's before the whole toxic stew of American gun culture gets tossed into the mix.

Of course, most of the (actually destructive) riots in the US were mostly apolitical , they were all just simple sports riots. Any time people start complaining abut those darned violent (minority) protesters people should be reminded that white folk start destroying entire neighborhoods anytime some football match doesn't go their way.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

oscarthewilde posted:

Of course, most of the (actually destructive) riots in the US were mostly apolitical , they were all just simple sports riots. Any time people start complaining abut those darned violent (minority) protesters people should be reminded that white folk start destroying entire neighborhoods anytime some football match doesn't go their way.

people quite conveniently forget about little details like that, they'd prefer to still be able to drop bombs on political or racial dissent.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

rudatron posted:

Yeah, i saw that post too. Antifa is useless trash.

They're not psychologically ready to provide real resistance. All the pretense of being radical/extreme is literally just bluffing. They're not acclimatized to violence, they're not psychological prepared to actually follow through on threats they make.

Not a bad thing itself, people by default don't like hurting others, but it's a liability for political action.

They need to start conditioning themselves to violence, if they want anything done.

lmao oh okay dude

post your tactical loadout

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Wikkheiser posted:

Willingness to fight seems like a big gap. The right was way more aggressive. Usually the more aggressive/willing side wins.

See, what you have to do is kill the healers first. Ignore the tanks and heavy armor DPS and focus fire down their rogues and cloth DPS first.