Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

As Nero Danced posted:

I bet Jerry gets his life together and becomes successful while Beth becomes an even bigger alcoholic and clings to Rick constantly. Everyone tries to get Jerry back but he doesn't want to. Then Rick kills him, goes to Jerry daycare and gets another one.

Nothing matters, existence is meaningless, come watch TV.

The plot thread that they might have grabbed the wrong Jerry in the first place is still open.

"Whoa, whoa whoa, this was supposed to be an even Jerry exchange. Your Jerry for my Jerry, that was the deal."
"Well, you see the *uuuurrrrrp* the thing about that is your Jerry is *buuuuurp* dead."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

prefect posted:

He's already had Rick say "duh-doy", which Britta said in Community. It's all been done before.

Okay, okay. Now make them cry, but happy crying.
Now make them all make fun of the blonde one.
Now make them all do it on the table.
Now cancel it.
Okay, now put it back on.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Fancy Hat! posted:

Literally that's all they could do with the character. Also, it sort of felt like Jerry got increasingly dumber as the show went on and he was just a punching bag for Rick & Co. Infact, I feel like the following episode, the family could start tearing eachother apart because they have nobody to freely tear down.

It's hard to get much dumber than "You think you can control me with a haircut?" from literally the second episode.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

parallelodad posted:

I kinda thought the show was 60/40 Roiland's.

All I know is what I hear on Harmontown, so I'm sure I'm wrong. But Dan once said he's essentially like the head writer on the show (as opposed to a normal showrunner, I guess), and it definitely feels like they're his kinds of stories. I don't know much about Roiland, but I guess I had assumed he got the co-creator credit for the initial idea of "what if Doc Brown was a mean drunk, and Marty was his grandson". I think of him as voice talent, like Billy West on Futurama. (That is not intended as any kind of insult or put-down, just in case I gave that impression.)

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrdMFZMA47g
Monday night ya'll!

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Yes, it's true. This Morty has no Rick.

:golfclap:

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Hehe

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I only just realised Jerry's favourite movie is Midnight Run, the buddy-movie, and not Midnight Express, the Turkish-prison movie.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Hemingway To Go! posted:

That's enough out of you, Venkman!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Searched TV IV for "Rick" and was on page 4 before I realized something was wrong.

Season premiere good. More please.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

This one is better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZwVN8pdLJI

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Saw this...

Going this weekend with the kid, wubba lubba wing sauce.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Inspector Gesicht posted:

I only just realised Jerry's favourite movie is Midnight Run, the buddy-movie, and not Midnight Express, the Turkish-prison movie.

It worries me, because I remember loving Midnight Run, and having something in common with Jerry can't possibly be a good thing. :ohdear:

ally_1986
Apr 3, 2011

Wait...I had something for this...
3 interesting ways to make your own sauce!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBhhlE92mIQ

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
So wait, when are the next episodes supposed to air?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

biracial bear for uncut posted:

So wait, when are the next episodes supposed to air?

"Summer '17"
Don't think they've been more specific than that.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Cojawfee posted:

The plot thread that they might have grabbed the wrong Jerry in the first place is still open.

"Whoa, whoa whoa, this was supposed to be an even Jerry exchange. Your Jerry for my Jerry, that was the deal."
"Well, you see the *uuuurrrrrp* the thing about that is your Jerry is *buuuuurp* dead."

Would the Jerry Jamboree even exist post-citadel destruction?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Gridlocked posted:

Would the Jerry Jamboree even exist post-citadel destruction?

It wasn't in the citadel. Heck, we don't even know if the Rick who created it was part of the Council. (Do all Ricks at the Citadel count as some sort of council members?)

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

Don't post this and then NOT post the username of the guy selling it.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

As Nero Danced posted:

I bet Jerry gets his life together and becomes successful while Beth becomes an even bigger alcoholic and clings to Rick constantly. Everyone tries to get Jerry back but he doesn't want to. Then Rick kills him, goes to Jerry daycare and gets another one.

Nothing matters, existence is meaningless, come watch TV.
I think Jerry daycare just took a huge drop in traffic.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

prefect posted:

It wasn't in the citadel. Heck, we don't even know if the Rick who created it was part of the Council. (Do all Ricks at the Citadel count as some sort of council members?)

Rick seemed to act and talk like he was unique but the council referred to him as An Unlawful Rick so I would guess Unlawful Rickery might have been a consistent problem for the council.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Rick seemed to act and talk like he was unique but the council referred to him as An Unlawful Rick so I would guess Unlawful Rickery might have been a consistent problem for the council.

Rick definitely wasn't hostile towards all other Ricks. When he found out Jerry was friends with Doofus Rick, he said he had like ten other Ricks to call to share the funny news.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

prefect posted:

Rick definitely wasn't hostile towards all other Ricks. When he found out Jerry was friends with Doofus Rick, he said he had like ten other Ricks to call to share the funny news.

However, Rick is not the kind of guy who would let a little inter-dimensional animosity get in the way of a good laugh at the expense of Jerry and Doofus Rick.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Rexides posted:

However, Rick is not the kind of guy who would let a little inter-dimensional animosity get in the way of a good laugh at the expense of Jerry and Doofus Rick.

Yeah, now that I think about it, wasn't the head of the Council at his house party?

Edit:

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I think of it as Rick is at the top of the 'unlawful Rick' bell-curve. There are others similar to him, but if something happens, and the Council needs someone to suspect, he's their first target. (Well, him and that Prince-wannabe Rick that already died)

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The council didn't seem to have that much Animus towards him before. Them wanting to kill him and sending in Seal Team Ricks was really completely out of left field.

Before they arrested him because they thought he was serial killing them and even gave him a trial. Then he was seen hanging out with various Ricks from time to time and while basically unpopular they weren't really butting heads. It was a weird jump from that dynamic to "kill on sight while sleeping".

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

parallelodad posted:

The council didn't seem to have that much Animus towards him before. Them wanting to kill him and sending in Seal Team Ricks was really completely out of left field.

Before they arrested him because they thought he was serial killing them and even gave him a trial. Then he was seen hanging out with various Ricks from time to time and while basically unpopular they weren't really butting heads. It was a weird jump from that dynamic to "kill on sight while sleeping".

It definitely seems like a huge overreaction. But Rick did try to shoot himself when he broke time; Ricks can be impulsive.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
When they found out he was captured, they wanted to prevent the bugs from getting the secret of portal technology. I don't know why they went straight to killing him instead of trying to rescue first. But killing him made some sense. Once Rick knew they were willing to kill him, he decided to kill them back.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Knight posted:

I think Jerry daycare just took a huge drop in traffic.

Yeah, but there are infinite ricks and only a finite number of them were killed

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

The Glumslinger posted:

only a finite number of them were killed

Well, only a finite number that we witnessed. If there's infinite universes then those events were probably repeated infinite times (with incremental differences in many of them) so there were probably an infinite number of Ricks killed.

..... as well as an infinite number of Ricks not killed .....

..... as well as an infinite number of non-Cronenburged Jerrys killed ....

.... and so on and so forth :v:

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Rick's goal was only to gain level nine access and rescue Summer and Morty.

Destroying the citadel was just the most expedient means.

Had Morty and Summer stayed on earth. Rick would have gotten his access, tanked the government, and gone home.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

Cojawfee posted:

When they found out he was captured, they wanted to prevent the bugs from getting the secret of portal technology. I don't know why they went straight to killing him instead of trying to rescue first. But killing him made some sense. Once Rick knew they were willing to kill him, he decided to kill them back.

I think he probably knew that he would be killed if he was captured and they found out, but he was waiting for the excuse to kill them. Otherwise I'm not sure his plan was for getting a body of his back, I don't think he has any more clones, maybe he was just gonna be pickle Rick forever? He's very evil Doctor Who in that he sorta knows what's going to happen but lets the bad dudes have a choice for themselves, which ends up giving him an ethical excuse for murder, like during the Purge.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Rick and Morty is a good show.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Cojawfee posted:

I think the logic there is that its quieter/easier to kill a Rick with Seal Time Rick than it would be to go in and rescue a Rick. I mean killing a Rick is just portaling in, shooting the right guy and bailing... I was also wondering if the reason the Council of Ricks want to go in so quietly and quickly is so that they wont be put at odds with the Galactic Federation any more than each individual Rick is.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Man, the comics are getting really dark.

Doofus Jerry was pretty loving monstrous.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Are they good now? Because I couldn't get into them. They were fun to read between Season 1 and 2, but the stories just don't have that UMPH that this show brings.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

prefect posted:

It worries me, because I remember loving Midnight Run, and having something in common with Jerry can't possibly be a good thing. :ohdear:

I feel like everyone has at least one thing in common with Jerry, whether they like it or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I feel like everyone has at least one thing in common with Jerry, whether they like it or not.
We have almost everything in common with Jerry, we just can't bear to admit that to ourselves.

Q: Are we not men?
A: We are Jerry.