Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

fsif posted:

Most Pats fans I know IRL are solid people, but every single one of them has pulled the "yeah, but I had to deal with them when they SUCKED."

Motherfucker I'm a Bills fan

then they aren't solid ppl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Also the 3-28 meme is particularly offensive because it's the most privileged fan base appropriating the underdog narrative.

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
Also because the Warriors happened 6 months before which is 20 times more funny a comeback.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

fsif posted:

Most Pats fans I know IRL are solid people, but every single one of them has pulled the "yeah, but I had to deal with them when they SUCKED."

Oh come on, when the pats were terrible you were winning Superbowl participation trophies

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

fsif posted:

Also the 3-28 meme is particularly offensive because it's the most privileged fan base appropriating the underdog narrative.

It's okay, you can always blame the Falcons for that.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

fsif posted:

Also the 3-28 meme is particularly offensive because it's the most privileged fan base appropriating the underdog narrative but don't let it distract you from the fact that the Golden State Warriors blew a 3-1 series lead in the NBA Finals with the first ever unanimous MVP

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

This Onion classic always makes me feel slightly better:

http://www.theonion.com/article/patriots-season-perfect-for-rest-of-nation-2382

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Chilichimp posted:

It's okay, you can always blame the Falcons for that.

Seriously, gently caress the falcons for making that real life.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

shirts and skins posted:

Came here to laugh at this.

Patriots fans are the most aggrieved, sore winners I think I've ever seen, in any sport.

Just you wait.

When Carson Wentz has won his third MVP award in a row after back-to-back-to-back Super Bowl wins you will hate the city of Philadelphia just as much. We get loving obnoxious when we win*.

*citation: 2008-2012 Philadelphia Phillies fans

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

fsif posted:

Also the 3-28 meme is particularly offensive because it's the most privileged fan base appropriating the underdog narrative but don't let it distract you from the fact that the Golden State Warriors blew a 3-1 series lead in the NBA Finals with the first ever unanimous MVP since 1998, in which the Undertaker threw Mankind off Hell In A Cell, and plummeted 16 ft through an announcer’s table.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
At least this year will be better. Probably a Raiders Falcons Superbowl. I'm okay with either of them winning.

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
as a Saints fan, boy howdy do I wish i had a super bowl title i could reminisce about without remembering it was done by crippling opposing quarterbacks and suddenly feeling guilty about it

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

At least this year will be better. Probably a Raiders Falcons Superbowl. I'm okay with either of them winning.

The falcons are not going to the super bowl after replacing both coordinators

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

This Year, The Year Two Thousand And Seventeen The Philadelphia Eagles Will Win A Super Bowl

(please please please please please)

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Watch out Seahawks you have only five days to match, uh...

Garry... Gilliam?

before he's a San Francisco Forty Niner

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

:lol:

It's almost as good as this one http://www.theonion.com/article/parents-assure-scared-child-theres-no-such-thing-s-55652

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Spoeank posted:

Watch out Seahawks you have only five days to match, uh...

Garry... Gilliam?

before he's a San Francisco Forty Niner

Garry Gilliam caught a td pass from a punter to help humiliate the Packers in the playoffs.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Falcons were one-hit wonders and will be exposed heavily this season now that the league has record on Quinn's schemes and thinking

Doubt me, worm?

Witness Newton's 2015 Panthers and their 2016 performance

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

axeil posted:

This Year, The Year Two Thousand And Seventeen The Philadelphia Eagles Will Win A Super Bowl

You know the next super bowl isn't till 2018 right?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Flikken posted:

You know the next super bowl isn't till 2018 right?

That'll just make it that much more impressive really.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Bad Moon posted:

Garry Gilliam caught a td pass from a punter to help humiliate the Packers in the playoffs.

The 49ers must have at least one player who has clowned the Packers in the playoffs on their roster.

With Kaepernick leaving, the slot has been filled.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Metapod posted:

The falcons are not going to the super bowl after replacing both coordinators

Replacing their defensive coordinator is an upgrade and the offense is so talented it would take Jeff Fisher to destroy it.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Shadow Over Innsmouth accurately predicted Pats fandom and its resemblance to a horde of gross fish people in 1936, and 1,936 is the number of Super Bowls we're gonna win by the time we're through with you fuckos.

Ia! Ia! Your team being poo poo isn't our fuckin' problem!

:cthulhu:

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

fsif posted:

Is it worse to lose 4 Super Bowls in a row or never even make one ever in your entire franchise history?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

The dirty secret of Pats fandom is that the old ones like me are actually the worst, because we believe that knowing who Tony Eason and Rod Rust are somehow entitles us to FUCKIN' EVERYTHING.

Being the sports villain is so much better than being the lovable scrappy underdog, gently caress that poo poo forever.

:patssay:

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Apr 18, 2017

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Craig K posted:

as a Saints fan, boy howdy do I wish i had a super bowl title i could reminisce about without remembering it was done by crippling opposing quarterbacks and suddenly feeling guilty about it

if it makes you feel better, I don't feel bad at my glee the saints have collapsed into a defenseless joke because their demented owner can't decide which of his kids he wants to get taken advantage by.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Grittybeard posted:

That'll just make it that much more impressive really.

http://www.theonion.com/article/eagles-fans-give-mcnabb-three-week-deadline-to-win-2280

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

axeil posted:

You should get this tattooed on you.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Craig K posted:

Good. gently caress the saints. Long live Brett Favre.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
All sports fans are assholes.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

All sports fans are assholes.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/473265809079693312

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Was there seriously a "is Joe Thomas a hall of famer" debate in this thread? What the gently caress.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Bigass Moth posted:

Was there seriously a "is Joe Thomas a hall of famer" debate in this thread? What the gently caress.

I think everyone agreed he was first ballot.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Bigass Moth posted:

Browns fans who don't like him anymore because, quote, "I have a hard time believing he can be as great as everyone says when the Browns have been so horrific during his entire tenure" are real.

They are a tiny group, but they just might be the dumbest subgroup of fans in the history of everything.

Point is, no sports opinion is too stupid to exist.

RisqueBarber posted:

I think everyone agreed he was first ballot.

Also this.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Bigass Moth posted:

There was a nitpicky argument about one of the good things about him is all.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
The best sports Onion article is http://www.theonion.com/graphic/bill-belichick-finding-new-and-interesting-ways-to-9901

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Curly Bill Belichick will cut you.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I did like that they thought that one was way too tasteless and changed it.

It was originally a picture of Marquise Hill's body being pulled out of the lake he drowned in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Kalli posted:

I did like that they thought that one was way too tasteless and changed it.

It was originally a picture of Marquise Hill's body being pulled out of the lake he drowned in.

:stare:

• Locked thread