Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El_Funko
May 25, 2003

Where did she go?

succ posted:

What are those patch notes even suppose to mean? They need to add a shooting range like every other competitive game where you can practice.

They have a shooting range, it's called Murder Island.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Clearly the best one is

Fixed a bug that caused the hit effects to play at random

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

taqueso posted:

Some good ones that weren't in the list above:

Oh poo poo that revive change is huge

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Nazzadan posted:

Oh poo poo that revive change is huge

so is the hair one

unless you like looking like Skrillex McCarrottop

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
The thing with the footsteps and vehicle sounds (before the recent patch which I haven't experienced yet) for me was that they had a weird dropoff\gating effect where they appeared to simply pop-up at some arbitrary distance instead of rolling off gradually as they do in real life, like you'd all of a sudden hear really loud footsteps when someone is 10-20 meters away from you. Generally when you hear footsteps you know someone is really close by, when you hear car sounds you know there's a car about 150 meters away from you, etc.

And I use rather decent headphones and play with high volume so I don't think there's some issue on my end.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Personally I'm mostly looking forward to them fixing the FPS drops. Losing games because the game pretty much freezes for a second when I'm taking damage gets really tiring after a while.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Perestroika posted:

Personally I'm mostly looking forward to them fixing the FPS drops. Losing games because the game pretty much freezes for a second when I'm taking damage gets really tiring after a while.

:agreed:

this is me getting owned by that, the freeze for a full second happened in game, notice he doesnt even turn towards me and I'm already hit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq8JsZNBrIE

I realize I probably would have been chumped anyway but what the gently caress happened here

e: bonus me warping in and out of a car https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-mtxuSjySU

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
im looking forward to them fixing the lag so that its easier to get an idea for what problems there actually are with shooting

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Haha yep cars are a drat mess.

But yeah any sort of networking improvement would be a godsend. Right now it's sometimes challenging just to open doors or pick things up as hitting the action button with the prompt onscreen is no indication that you'll actually do the thing you're attempting. It makes all interaction feel really sluggish.

e: i should point out that overall this is fairly polished for early access

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.
b-b-but the game is bad because it wasn't perfect as an alpha

*released in much better condition than just about any alpha I can think of*

*first patch is super productive and makes every other maker of games like this look like idiots*

Game is good. Get this game.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
How did none of you mention the best change: Color variations for the Dacia

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

tehinternet posted:

b-b-but the game is bad because it wasn't perfect as an alpha

*released in much better condition than just about any alpha I can think of*

*first patch is super productive and makes every other maker of games like this look like idiots*

Game is good. Get this game.

patch isnt out yet buddy im waiting for it to format my c drive

El_Funko
May 25, 2003

Where did she go?

Condoleezza Nice! posted:

How did none of you mention the best change: Color variations for the Dacia

If one of the colours isn't a fuschia Dacia I'm going to be real mad.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Ah thank gently caress a hair fix. I unironically can't help but play pretty princess dressup studio in this murder simulator. Still farming for that camo jacket. :argh:

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

rap music posted:

Ah thank gently caress a hair fix. I unironically can't help but play pretty princess dressup studio in this murder simulator. Still farming for that camo jacket. :argh:

i just sold some old dota 2 (rip) items and bought it on the steam marketplace using that money

El_Funko
May 25, 2003

Where did she go?
Yeah I flipped a couple dumb Dota items and bought some black clothing with the funds since so far I've only unlocked white shirts and a beige jacket.

jubjub64
Feb 17, 2011
A question for the people who dress their avatars for tactical advantage, what clothing items are you choosing?

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

rap music posted:

Which one? The padded jacket with camo print? I've got that one and I'll give it away if you want it

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
When does the patch go live?

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Gay Horney posted:

When does the patch go live?

4/20
:420:

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

patch isnt out yet buddy im waiting for it to format my c drive

I actually laughed out loud. :golfclap:

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!

Xachariah posted:

Clearly the best one is

Fixed a bug that caused the hit effects to play at random

No. Clearly the best change is that my guy will no longer be ginger Skrillex and will return to the beautiful bald man I made him to be.

The second best is you can open the map as a spectator. Holy crap that change will make it so much easier to know what's even going on while you're dead.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Hey, I made another video. Watch it.

https://youtu.be/k1kYIPlJip0

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Other peoples ignorance puts food on my table.

Futuresight posted:

No. Clearly the best change is that my guy will no longer be ginger Skrillex and will return to the beautiful bald man I made him to be.

The second best is you can open the map as a spectator. Holy crap that change will make it so much easier to know what's even going on while you're dead.

These are all good changes, but i think you will find "- Map markers are now visible to all teammates" to be the best change.

Hopefully this will mean that goonparties won't be spread around four different sides of the map. (Who am i kidding, goons will still be goons)

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Best change is motorcycle with a loving sidecar you idiots.

Also performance improvements are super welcome. If they keep up this quality level of patching this game is gonna crush.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Condoleezza Nice! posted:

Which one? The padded jacket with camo print? I've got that one and I'll give it away if you want it

That's the one! I didn't know these items could be traded.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Knifegrab posted:

Best change is motorcycle with a loving sidecar you idiots.

Also performance improvements are super welcome. If they keep up this quality level of patching this game is gonna crush.

But... they didn't fix anything in you list...

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

pubg steam marketplace

Anyone have camo gloves? I found some on the ground yesterday, but none on the marketplace.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

VulgarandStupid posted:

But... they didn't fix anything in you list...

They addressed three things in the list... I don't expect them to fix every problem with the game in a single patch.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
The only thing that excites me about the bike is seeing how hilarious its handling will be. I can't even imagine how the one they to plan to add without the sidecar will work.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

taqueso posted:

pubg steam marketplace

Anyone have camo gloves? I found some on the ground yesterday, but none on the marketplace.

I don't think all the cosmetics you can pick up also drop from crates. I know there's a version of the trench coat that doesn't.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Akion posted:

I don't think all the cosmetics you can pick up also drop from crates. I know there's a version of the trench coat that doesn't.

Yeah the camel one, it's badass bro. I'd buy that for a dollar.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

So will the patch be live on the test servers tomorrow?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Knifegrab posted:

So will the patch be live on the test servers tomorrow?

4/20 brah

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

quote:

This patch will be deployed for both clients and servers Thursday, April 20, 5PM KST/1AM PDT/8AM UTC and is expected to take approx. 1 hour to complete.

Just says the patch will be deployed on a thursday but then if you read the notes:

quote:

We are opening a Test Server to better manage our updates and ensure stability before we push updates to the Live Servers. We will push each new update to this server on the Wednesday of the week, to allow a full days testing before updating the live servers. We will have the exact time you should expect this server to be online tomorrow, so stay tuned to our Twitter!

Seems to imply they'll be opening a test server tomorrow to test the patch before it goes live normally on thursday.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

VulgarandStupid posted:

Hey, I made another video. Watch it.

https://youtu.be/k1kYIPlJip0

This is good, I liked the part where you ran over the man.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Does clothing (apart from vests and helmets) make any difference at all? Can I just run around in my underwear?

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Gunder posted:

Does clothing (apart from vests and helmets) make any difference at all? Can I just run around in my underwear?

IDK post patch since they mention changing up the footstep sounds there, but the only thing I know for sure makes a difference is that there's a different sound for running barefeet vs with shoes, and the former seems a whole lot quieter

GioSPL
Apr 5, 2017

Ask me about spending 10BUX to play with GOONS on a dead game!

Gunder posted:

Doubt so. Anything besides armor vest, backpack, gas mask (not sure) and helmets are merely aesthetic as far as i've experienced

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Bohemian Nights posted:

IDK post patch since they mention changing up the footstep sounds there, but the only thing I know for sure makes a difference is that there's a different sound for running barefeet vs with shoes, and the former seems a whole lot quieter

Right now, barefoot makes some really loud sounds on certain surfaces

• Locked thread