Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I can't loving wait for Hard mode and I'm hoping it's some Bloodborne/Dark Sourl NG+ brutal level of hard but fair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Yeah I'm thinking that the couple months wait will be enough to get me ready for another playthrough.

I really do wish they'd release some details as to what Hard Mode will exactly be. Is it just damage bumped? Smarter enemies? Beedle doesn't sell arrows? Higher prices in stores? Durability for clothing?

It could be anything at this stage.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
It was mentioned before but I'm sure there's going to be a time limit between eating/drinking food/potions in HM. I'm also betting you won't be able to use Stasis on enemies but not as sure about that as the former.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Xeremides posted:

http://www.gosunoob.com/zelda-breath-of-wild/horse-fairy-how-to-resurrect-horses-zelda-botw/

I found that thing accidentally, and expected it to be a regular fairy. It was like drinking orange juice, expecting it to be milk.

IM COMIN FOR YOU PONYDANZA, DONT GO INTO THE LIGHT!!!

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Welp, here's something I didn't know Daruk could protect you from: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMresHVQUhw&t=3931s

And the one form of damage he is powerless against: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDxGcwtOdoY&t=2243s

I am learning a lot from Vinny's streams. :laffo:

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

well why not posted:

Yeah I'm thinking that the couple months wait will be enough to get me ready for another playthrough.

I really do wish they'd release some details as to what Hard Mode will exactly be. Is it just damage bumped? Smarter enemies? Beedle doesn't sell arrows? Higher prices in stores? Durability for clothing?

It could be anything at this stage.

The only thing that sounds fun for me is smarter enemies. Damage bumps seems pointless in a game where you can control how many heart containers you have and decide not to wear armor.

Most of the fun is just exploring the world. Since the shrine locations can be kind of arbitrary, maybe mix up where they are located so we have to find them all again?

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
How about timed shrines? That'd actually be kind of terrible cool and good.

Nah actually it'd be bad.

I might like it though.

But probably not.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I hope survival mode makes eating and sleeping mandatory.

Why do I want to do mundane daily poo poo in games?

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
I'd like more enemy interactions. Maybe give Wizzrobes the ability to buff enemies with elemental enchantments to their weapons. Maybe make it so that high-ranking Silver and Black enemies make their subordinates fight smarter and organize their attacks when they're around.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

yamdankee posted:

How about timed shrines? That'd actually be kind of terrible cool and good.

"Link holy poo poo the blood moon is falling down in three days, quick find these four shrines to stop it and don't dally, it's not like you can rewind time or anything."

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

As anyone else experienced Divine Beast maps not working?

I can't interact at all with the elephant trunk and it sucks

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~

Norns posted:

You should def check out Destiny if that's your thing.

It seems to me like a lot of you are wishing and even sort of expecting some fundamentally huge, literally game changing things coming with hard mode. Am I just used to Bungie introducing a records book in a patch and calling it new content with new carrots to chase? Does Nintendo legitimately make huge updates to their games like this where different shrine locations, smarter enemies, wizzrobes having new abilities are introduced in updates? Because what I'm expecting are changes that make little to no impact on the actual content of the game, just add/remove (mostly remove) things from you to make it harder, like limiting how much food you can eat, adding HP to all enemies, and removing Statis use on enemies. I hope I'm wrong for sure!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hard mode will have the Yiga Clan attack you right from the start :getin:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

DLC where you join Yiga Clan

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
I hear Hard Mode will take away the master sword permanently, and weapons will break after 1 hit. in order to unlock it in HM you have to climb to the top of zoras domain, cast cryro on the top water spout which will drain zoras domain and you can enter an underground passage that opens up at the bottom floor but only between 11-1am on a blood moon. bokoblins will throw bombs and use stasis on you, and gannonblights will randomly appear in the wild

also beedle will actually be a big yiga that stalks you around the map, and OHKs you if he catches up to you.

oh yeah fast travel is disabled in HM as well

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Spergatory posted:

I'd like more enemy interactions. Maybe give Wizzrobes the ability to buff enemies with elemental enchantments to their weapons. Maybe make it so that high-ranking Silver and Black enemies make their subordinates fight smarter and organize their attacks when they're around.

Yeah I had this same thought the last time we played: games like Diablo have shitloads of hordes of identical creatures, but they make it interesting via interactions. They could add priest Bokogoblins that can revive dead enemies, wizard Bokogoblins that can buff their allies, summoners that summon bats and wolves, etc. That way you'd need to use even more strategy when you scout out and attack groups of enemies.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Hard Mode will add more then 1 enemy per dungeon and 5 more enemy types that aren't just sword and board users.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Xaris posted:

also beedle will actually be a big yiga that stalks you around the map, and OHKs you if he catches up to you.

:stonk: this is basically nightmare fuel

Hey Link. Give me your beetles. OR DIE.

YOU CAN'T RUN FROM ME GIVE ME YOUR BEETLES

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Polo-Rican posted:

Yeah I had this same thought the last time we played: games like Diablo have shitloads of hordes of identical creatures, but they make it interesting via interactions. They could add priest Bokogoblins that can revive dead enemies, wizard Bokogoblins that can buff their allies, summoners that summon bats and wolves, etc. That way you'd need to use even more strategy when you scout out and attack groups of enemies.

Well, like I said, they already have Wizzrobes, so they could just make more types of those. Or have Darknuts be the "leader units" that give passive buffs when they're around.

Give me Dodongos. Give me Bokoblins riding Dodongos. Or hell, just give me Bokoblin archers riding piggyback on Moblins. That'd be both hilarious and weirdly effective.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

thatguy posted:

The shrine warp was discovered a while ago and was only able to be reproduced meaningfully very recently. The thing is that most shrines aren't big or complicated enough to warrant going through the whole process of performing the glitch. An overworld warp would be a lot more useful in terms of speedruns and loving around in general.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef_nUxJStHA

Breath of the Wild is so full of callbacks, they even have a bug that's a callback to the map-offset glitch in Link's Awakening!

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Having an unkillable Yiga blademaster that you can't get rid of and have to evade using movement abilities could be neat.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Let me put bears in the stable

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Norns posted:

Breath of the wild: Press X to poop

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Norns posted:

Let me put bears in the stable

Seriously! I just saw my first bear over the weekend and went to kill him for meat but wondered if I could ride him and alas :stare:

This game is just so cool!!! I was heartbroken to see him run away though after I jumped off...all you had to do was stay and you wouldn't have become prime meat Bear of the Wild :(

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Norns posted:

Because you like bad ideas?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ok I'm ready for this race across the map

:getin:

Eriic
Aug 9, 2009

Twisp, is this a truth? Do you do evil?
My wish list for Hard Mode would be
  • Foods that grant yellow hearts no longer heal red hearts, and bonus stamina foods no longer fully restore stamina. I think this should actually be part of the base game. The ability to cook single common ingredients to fully heal yourself makes half of the cooking system completely obsolete, and trivializes most of the combat and damaging hazards in the game.
  • Food heals slowly over time instead of instantly. I think the rate that hot springs heal you would be good. There is zero tension to the combat in BotW when you can pause and instantly heal yourself when you get hit. Being caught off-guard by enemies you weren't expecting is now a real danger, and defensive buffs and indirect combat are more useful. Extreme heat and cold are also much more dangerous because they will damage you more quickly than you can heal. Sacrificing armor or other buffs for environmental protection is now a meaningful choice because armor and buffs are now more valuable to the player.
  • Armor negates a percentage of damage instead of a flat amount, and is less effective overall. A lot of enemies hit for a quarter of a heart later in the game and that's just dumb. Combat with groups of enemies should be exciting, not just something you smash your face through with no regard for your own safety.
  • Dragons do not respawn until Blood Moon and their timing is now randomized. This should probably be another base game change. Hunting the dragons is extremely exciting early on in the game when you haven't read a guide on how to farm 3 of their horns per minute. The thrill of hearing those gusts of wind and that music and panning your camera around to see a dragon flying right by you is one of the most special experiences in this game and these changes would preserve that excitement and joy.

I would not take away fast travel or add hunger or anything like that, because those mechanics just add a layer of tedium that appeals to a certain subset of players without making the game more interesting or difficult. The core gameplay loop is already one of the best I've ever played, and I think messing with that is a bad idea.

Eriic fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Apr 18, 2017

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
since we're listing stuff we'd love to see in the game, here's some more

• ability to take photos and use telescope from glider
• ability to take photos from horse
• ability to adjust cropping area for photos
• ability to invade other people's worlds as dark / shadow link (probably only in certain areas or certain times)
• ability to leave your selfies in the game world for other players to find

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Make it so you can't eat again until the effect of the previous food ends, assuming they do what you said about healing being over time instead of instantaneous

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Hard Mode is just constant, unrelenting rain and the only outfit is the classic green tunic and cap.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Guys, just stop dancing around the idea and say that you want hard mode to be Dark Souls.

Also how about making fast travel (sheikah tech) fail/break and have it randomly teleport you to death mountain/frozen peak (with a cool down before you can use it again to escape).

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Guys, just stop dancing around the idea and say that you want hard mode to be Dark Souls.

I want hard mode to be Dark Souls.

Eriic
Aug 9, 2009

Twisp, is this a truth? Do you do evil?

Calaveron posted:

Make it so you can't eat again until the effect of the previous food ends, assuming they do what you said about healing being over time instead of instantaneous

I don't think that's necessary. Having to wait out a buff to get a different one would just be annoying. The game already has graphics in place to show the amount of hearts that will be healed by your food, so they just need to use those graphics for the pending heals over time so you can easily see how much health you're going to get back.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

El Burbo posted:

I was taking a look at the earliest version of the map you can see in the first teaser way back. A lot of it is the same, but it's neat trying to spot later additions.

(This one has the great plateau and the borders from the E3 demo overlayed on the original)

Lots of little changes in geography here and there of course, but the most prominent changes i can spot are the additions of the labyrinths, the removal of whatever that circle in the Gerudo Highlands was, and putting Hyrule Castle on it's own island. Mt. Agaat seems to have been added later, but you can't climb it :iiam:

This is fascinating. I made a gif version.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!
I finished it after over 100 hours of gameplay. Good poo poo.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Heran Bago posted:

This is fascinating. I made a gif version.

I hope someday someone leaks an early build of the game with the old map, just to walk around it and see what's changed.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ice Fist posted:

I want hard mode to be Dark Souls.

Hell, :same:.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Cleaned up a little bit. I'll stop posting these now I swear.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Anyone know where to farm Ice Arrows? None of the stores sell any and I want more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Theyre cool. I cant wait until people really pick this game apart and discover the cool secrets. I hope someday the tcrf entry is like 80 pages long