Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Click click, here come the snapshots!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

The year is 2819, the polar ice caps have refrozen, and a man with icegills comes forward with a pony tail, but it's two of em, and they're his eyebrows, and they just hang down in front of his eyes, and they go back and forth so much that he hypnotizes himself and he's frozen in the ice until the year 3820 when the polar ice caps have melted and a gillman with a samurai ponytail rides on a trashsurf to realize his dream of becoming a chiropracty comeduh...

I wish I could use my brain to come up with an unhinged monologue like this

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

The Ape of Naples posted:

I just relistened to Gourley on "with Special Guest" and he's awesome on it. And unhinged.

Brilliant episode. The net joke thing had me cracking my whole butt up.

Oh.....and maybe I'm in the minority......but I thought that this past episode of HH was kind of weak.

I4H has been killing it as of recently.

Hard Nation has been great as well.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Superego on today's Spont.
http://earwolf.com/episode/an-interstellar-colony-ship/

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
Gotta say....I don't heart Tart. The opening was real choice tho

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Tarranon posted:

Gotta say....I don't heart Tart. The opening was real choice tho

Oh I disagree, I really enjoyed him. Very good rhyme jokes. Opening was great though, April Fools.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
He can only get so far with me by saying tane over and over again

after a certain point it just feels gratuitous

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I just hope they let cody know they were pranking him

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Tarranon posted:

He can only get so far with me by saying tane over and over again

after a certain point it just feels gratuitous

Tane.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
To be honest, thread, I haven't found HH funny in about a month now.

What is happening to me.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Waterbed Wendy posted:

To be honest, thread, I haven't found HH funny in about a month now.

What is happening to me.

Welcome to the dark side...
(I've never been super into HH and tend to play devil's advocate. To be honest when it hits it hits hard but I do find people to be like "it's fridge amazing" every week and I get annoyed when it's not.)

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
There are good parts in every episode of HH, but the past couple of eps have dragged. They've been running out of steam more often and are really leaning into that frustration. It's a weird vibe.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Yeah, each ep has their good parts but it's been dragging overall. Of the last 10 eps, only 3 of them had guests I had ever heard of, and Wild Horses was just kind of a mess with so many people. Hopefully it's just a lull.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
I liked some of the last few episodes, but their identity is a secret.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Tatumje posted:

There are good parts in every episode of HH, but the past couple of eps have dragged. They've been running out of steam more often and are really leaning into that frustration. It's a weird vibe.

I really liked the last episode. The one prior....the music episode with Mikal Cronin was a flop imo. However.....a few back......with Kulap.....owned. Super funny throughout.

It does make you think however....that Sean and Hayes aren't bluffing when they say that they are ending the show. They might realize that the schitck won't carry the show forever. With that said.....it's still the best podcast out there.....and I anxiously await Tuesdays for the new episodes.

Shunkymonky
Sep 10, 2006
'sup
I relistened to the musical episode 5 times that week so whilst we all have different tastes y'all crazy.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I can't think of a moment recently where I haven't enjoyed the show :shrug:

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Teenage Fansub posted:

I can't think of a moment recently where I haven't enjoyed the show :shrug:
yeah, i have no idea what those guys are talking about.

the musical episode was amazing

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I feel like the last few episodes has been super strong all the way through.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
I thought the Mikal ep had its moments, but they literally talked during the show about how their original idea for the segment had run out of steam with twenty minutes still left on the clock. They then ended the show with a song about how Sean doesn't think he is funny and doesn't want to do the show anymore, which he has also said a couple of times recently. Even if it is 100% a bit, it is still disconcerting as a fan.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

RestingB1tchFace posted:

It does make you think however....that Sean and Hayes aren't bluffing when they say that they are ending the show. They might realize that the schitck won't carry the show forever. With that said.....it's still the best podcast out there.....and I anxiously await Tuesdays for the new episodes.

I've been getting this vibe too over the last couple months.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think the Mikal Cronin one actually was supposed to be the end but maybe there's some weird contract thing with earwolf (idk how podcasts work)

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

I've been getting this vibe too over the last couple months.

We can only dream, to never hear about HH ever again.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
HH ends with Sean and Tom Scharpling killing Hayes and starting new lives with his Jeopardy winnings.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
There are definitely a handful of funny lines in each HH but those don't make up for mediocre bits that drag on too long and guests who try too hard to be funny. The need to start editing the show or something, it gets so boring and sometimes cringe inducing.

I hate saying these things because I have found HH to be the most consistently hilarious podcast since I started listening years ago. The magic is petering out now. The hosts are over it. Unless something changes I think it will end soon and maybe it's for the best.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Waterbed Wendy posted:

it gets so boring and sometimes cringe inducing.

So it's as good as ever?

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
I'm fifteen seconds into this week's Hollywood Handbook, and I can already tell this'll be a good one.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Tatumje posted:

I'm fifteen seconds into this week's Hollywood Handbook, and I can already tell this'll be a good one.

I've only looked at the title and I can tell the same.

Shunkymonky
Sep 10, 2006
'sup
Amazing episode. As they all have been. Every single one.

https://twitter.com/ColinAnder/status/854070420093321216

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Sean is bumming out too much, they should edit that stuff out! *Mr Scripps bangs gavel*

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

well you monsters got your wish, HH was replaced by Spont :(

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
You're crying!

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The Berzerker posted:

well you monsters got your wish, HH was replaced by Spont :(

swish

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Drunkboxer posted:

You're crying!

Please, step down from the table! Don't get so worked up!

e: I feel like Time Keeper's quiet "I'll get off the table" from his first or second appearance sent Scott down a real bad path with forcing this upon people. Not like he wasn't doing it before, but he seemed to turn it up a bit after that.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Hayes' lovely soundboard app really stole the show for me. "HELL YEAH!"

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

epic fail.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I knew it!

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

It was an AMAZING ep, best of the year so far. Paul is obvi a HH superfan, so happy to indulge. Sean's intro. Famous stories. The sounds. The "uhmmmmmms" and quietly thinking aloud during the improv...this was one for the record books.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ManoliIsFat posted:

It was an AMAZING ep, best of the year so far. Paul is obvi a HH superfan, so happy to indulge. Sean's intro. Famous stories. The sounds. The "uhmmmmmms" and quietly thinking aloud during the improv...this was one for the record books.

Jesus. Keep it in your pants.
It was a pretty good episode. Kinda lagged but was ok. B-.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

The Ape of Naples posted:

Jesus. Keep it in your pants.
It was a pretty good episode. Kinda lagged but was ok. B-.
Pfffffffffft comeon man. BuzzKenya? Sean denigrating and pitying himself? Do you even like HH? I thought they really pushed hard in this one, kept it funny the whole time. And for once they sounded like they enjoyed being there, so idk how one could think it dragged.

Maybe I'm too much a sucker for improv jokes or PFT just existing, but I really thought this was a top tier ep.