Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

WampaLord posted:

He was also basically responsible for indie cinema become a huge thing, so :shrug:

Oh hi let me introduce you to Harvey Weinstein

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Oh hi let me introduce you to Harvey Weinstein

Yes, I didn't claim he was solely responsible, lots of people involved in making movies.

Dogma owns, Mallrats is funny as gently caress, and so is Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Jay and Silent Bob is drat hilarious.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

WampaLord posted:

Dogma owns, Mallrats is funny as gently caress, and so is Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.

Yeah and Mrs. Carpenter in home room is such a bitch am I right?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
It's weird but Shula's at the Jacksonville airport had one of the best breakfasts I've ever eaten at an airport.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Jay and Silent Bob is a movie for dumb middle school boys, which is fine. I was a dumb middle school boy when I saw it and my life is richer for it. Movie was poo poo but it introduced me to Purple Rain which is the greatest film of all time.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

clerks you loving assholes

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Imagine not liking clerks

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
imagine basing your self worth on what other people like for their movies that are pointless because we're all dying corpses

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Dubious posted:

imagine basing your self worth on what other people like for their movies that are pointless because we're all dying corpses

its loving rad

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Dubious posted:

Jokes on you. Corpses are already dead therefore they cannot be dying! :science:

Also lol at your stupid movie tastes :smug:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Art is the only thing other than football that is good and cool and good and cool people should always care about it qtiyd

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
That DVD where Kevin Smith does talks at university is good just because of the story about the producer who was obscessed with giant spiders

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I just bought a Weber Smokey Mountain....!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Bad Moon posted:

That DVD where Kevin Smith does talks at university is good just because of the story about the producer who was obscessed with giant spiders

the polar bear is the deadliest predator in the animal kingdom

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I have heard Kevin Smith tell that spider story so many times I wonder if he has any other stories

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Art is the only thing other than football that is good and cool and good and cool people should always care about it qtiyd
Meryl Streep basically said the same thing at the Golden Globes except she bashed football

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Bad Moon posted:

find and watch "The Death of Superman Lives"

It's a fascinating story about why Tim Burton's Superman starring Nicolas Cage was killed at the 11th hour.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I have heard Kevin Smith tell that spider story so many times I wonder if he has any other stories

The one where Jason Mewes memorized the script of Dogma to show up Alan Rickman after Smith sat him down and explained to him what working with actual actors in a movie was like

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
This whole time everyone was talking about Kevin Smith, I was picturing Kevin James in my head

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

a neat cape posted:

This whole time everyone was talking about Kevin Smith, I was picturing Kevin James in my head

right move

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Kevin James could definitely play Kevin Smith in a movie about Kevin Smith.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

WampaLord posted:

He was also basically responsible for indie cinema become a huge thing, so :shrug:

I like the dude a lot.
This wrong post reminded me of something. When Kevin Smith made Clerks 2, he released a clip of himself and two other indie film mavens (Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez) discussing his completed cut of the film. They were trying so hard to be nice. At one point one of them says something like "it's just so interesting that we're getting a sequel with these two characters."

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Kevin Smith was an absolute sweetheart in Catch and Release

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

No Irish Need Imply posted:

This wrong post reminded me of something.

lol thanks for the back up as always

When Kevin Smith made Clerks 2, he released a clip of himself and two other indie film mavens (Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez) discussing his completed cut of the film. They were trying so hard to be nice. At one point one of them says something like "it's just so interesting that we're getting a sequel with these two characters."

Its cool how Taratino saw he was in a slump and expanded his creative repertoire almost immediately as opposed to fat jort man

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Dubious posted:

Kevin Smith was an absolute sweetheart in Catch and Release
He could be a decent actor if he wanted to.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

He could be a decent actor if he wanted to.

well obviously, he's been playing a director for 20 years now

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Sometimes I watch comic book men which can be excruciating sometimes but sometimes it's interesting. Kevin Smith just seems like a goofy, eager, appreciative guy with not a whole lot of ambition left but he's rich and gets to do what he wants so who cares. It's not like there's nothing good to watch because Kevin Smith gave up on working hard.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Thaddius the Large posted:

HDTGM frustrates me, their interviews are top notch (Danny Trejo and that guy from Superman 2 come to mind), and I love Jason Manzoukas, but the show itself is just tedious and not particularly clever.

Their live shows are pretty hard to get through. There's just so much overreaction from the audience, and the panel feeds off of it and just goes into territory that isn't funny.

Jason and June are great though.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Their live shows are pretty hard to get through. There's just so much overreaction from the audience, and the panel feeds off of it and just goes into territory that isn't funny.

you can also gently caress off

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The best indie director is Spielberg

Nov 6, 2002

Mel Mudkiper posted:

you can also gently caress off

If you haven't, go back and listen to the one for The Room. It's my all-time favorite of HDTGM.

Also go watch The Room if you haven't.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Jason and June are great though.

I think this is especially true for the last couple years. Overall I prefer the non-live episodes, but I can't hate on them for trying to earn money with live shows.

I love HDTGM and dislike it at the same time. I re-listen to the Lake Placid episode almost weekly.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
We should get to bed.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
I went to the HDTGM live show for Fast 7 and it was amazing.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Metapod posted:

The best indie director is Spielberg

Tommy Wiseau is the "best" indie director.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Kevin Smith's story about Prince was amazing too.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

swickles posted:

Kevin Smith's story about Prince was amazing too.

Oddly enough Kevin Smith is pretty good at telling stories just not in a traditional entertainment format like film.

Nov 6, 2002

Kevin Smith is full of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I have no idea who Kevin Smith is

• Locked thread