Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Dark Off posted:

"Chris in a well" is an adaptation of the "Goon in a well" apologue well known in GBS and E/N to describe goons posting about their problem who refuse to take good advice. In the adaptation, goons offer advice in futility to executive producer Chris Roberts.

Chris: "Help! HELP! Star Citizen is going nowhere!"
Goons1-4: "Stop making promises! Fire the ship artists and hire some gameplay developers!"
Chris: "I'm thinking I should make more promises... should I sell a new concept ship too?"
Goon5: "NO! I have worked on big games before, scope creep is a real thing that should be avoided."
Goons6-8: "We're refunding our space chariots! Stop selling dreams and make the game!"
dsmart: "I've written an entire blog post about refunds!"
Chris: "I can see your refunds and blog post, but I don't want to acknowledge problems... should I sell a new concept?"
Goon10: "No! If you keep selling dreams, you'll be upside-down on progress, and then you'll be proper hosed."
Chris: "I started a new video series and CIG hasn't gone bankrupt yet. I'm gonna record more mo-cap..."
Goons11-18: "No! Stop selling jpegs! Focus on making the game!"
Chris: "Guys, Star Citizen is seriously not ready for Citcon! Help! HELP!"
Goon19: "I was stuck in development hell once. It took me two years, but I managed to build a working game by switching engines to something better suited to the gameplay we wanted. I'm e-mailing you the github link, design documents, and an assortment of engine pro/con charts."
Goon20: "I've engineered a funding tracker that shows your current trajectory. If you keep selling concept ships, you'll earn less and less, while alienating even more of your customers!"
Chris: "Thanks for your help, guys. I'm gonna keep selling dreams and jpegs. I'll do one more mo-cap session and just show that at Citcon."
Goons1-20 piss on Star Citizen
Goon21: "Guys, seriously... call your parents."
MoMA: "Yeah, like any of you guys have even have parents, you neckbearded, EVE-addicted shut-ins."
Are you saying you would like to throw Chris down a well?
What a horrible thing to say.
I can't believe you said that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

TheAgent posted:

I just really want to play with pgabz in 3.0

I just really want to have sex with twin 18 year old gymnasts. But as time goes by, I've realize it will only live on as a fantasy.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

If MoMA didn't find this thread, his spaceship addiction would have taken his house and job, he'd be selling belts on the street to get his next Javelin.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

thatguy posted:

Are you saying you would like to throw Chris down a well?
What a horrible thing to say.
I can't believe you said that.

It's probably one of the worst manglings of Dilbert's marketing department that I've ever seen; coincidentally last week was my time down the well at our Corp.

HycoCam posted:

I just really want to have sex with twin 18 year old gymnasts. But as time goes by, I've realize it will only live on as a fantasy.

You really want into incest?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

I am serious[ly not out]. And don't call me Shirley.

edit: You had the wrong emphasis there. You got me out, as in a product of the situation.

Yeah, I got that later. Wishful thinking I guess :grin:

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

Hav posted:

What a way to crap on my fantasy.... :( Went from a JuicyFruit commercial to the wrong door on Lets Make a Deal.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Hav posted:

twincest

also lol if you've never banged sisters at the same time or had group sex with your cousins or some weird orgy with creepy old people who you might be related to

break out of your cage, sheeple

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
Have you always posted like that or is it an affectation from hanging out in SA mod chat/forums?

e: skimmed through some of your posts in the old thread, it's an affectation "lmbo"

Chin fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Apr 18, 2017

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

TheAgent posted:

twincest

also lol if you've never banged sisters at the same time or had group sex with your cousins or some weird orgy with creepy old people who you might be related to

:discourse:
Nothing beats wincest.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

You guys got me out of this whole thing, and I think that was a pretty good deal.

A deal worthy of your master

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

TheAgent posted:

twincest

I think we may be related

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Chin posted:

Have you always posted like that or is it an affectation from hanging out in SA mod chat/forums?

e: skimmed through some of your posts in the old thread, it's an affectation "lmbo"

Nah not always. If anything I usually use "lmao" but I don't usually do the one word "haha look at me" posts, I don't think.

It just seemed like the obvious response to your post is all. Sorry.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

ManofManyAliases posted:

Take a break commando. Go for a walk, or have a nice hot cup of coffee. Whatever you do, you shouldn't get this riled up about what someone says on an internet forum about a video game.

nice troll

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

:discourse:
Nothing beats wincest.

Thread's gettin' weird again.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

Beet Wagon posted:

ahh, but the good kind of weird amirite

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/banditloaf/status/854409323434225664

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

And that's a bingo.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I always read the 'b' as 'bowels', don't tell me if im wrong

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

If I were Ben I'd be all about Wing Commander, too.

Imagine meeting your hero and then working for him, only to find out that he's a scammer and a hack. You'd long to relive the nostalgic days when you only knew him by the media he created and the image you made of him in your head.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

Natron posted:

Imagine meeting your hero and then working for him, only to find out that he's a scammer and a hack. You'd long to relive the nostalgic days when you only knew him by the media he created and the image you made of him in your head.

To Ben, Chris is just another bit of Wing Commander memorabilia. He has no interest in anything beyond that.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Has anyone been able to find out if Ben even works for CIG in any form at all other than historic custodian of WC?

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

He should probably work on a Star Citizen novel instead of transcribing a 23 year old Wing Commander one in a language he doesn't speak.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
My Sister, My Stars

An Erotic Tale Set in the Star Citizen Universe

by

BadToll

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Natron posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3IFegeJ61w&t=3034s

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

DapperDon posted:

Has anyone been able to find out if Ben even works for CIG in any form at all other than historic custodian of WC?

He's still hard at work hunting whatever happened to that second seat....It's a job that requires dedication.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Ben gets a large wooden crate delivered with a Roberts leg lamp. Fragile'...that's Italian.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Drunk Theory posted:

He's still hard at work hunting whatever happened to that second seat....It's a job that requires dedication.

Has anything ever been done to correct that (ship refactoring/second pass) or was that just swept under the rug?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

DapperDon posted:

Has anything ever been done to correct that (ship refactoring/second pass) or was that just swept under the rug?

I believe it's flyable and therefore is clearly done. Just like the Cutlass.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I believe it's flyable and therefore is clearly done. Just like the Cutlass.

Speaking of the Cutlass, did you notice that they got rid of those useless side thrusters? So there is no intention of fixing the seat boggle?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

:captainpop:

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

DapperDon posted:

The actual answer. That ship never had a second seat, what are you talking about. (IE, we reserve the right to change anything about any ship after selling it)

Edit: This dogge found it.

Drunk Theory fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Apr 18, 2017

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
I can't believe Ben doxxed his own paparazzi brother.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Seriously cuntifas, get your sources straight. You also need to add in the there the crossed 2014 (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cig/star-citizen) and the 2015 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1GUDQuFb1A&t=5563s)

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

DapperDon posted:

Speaking of the Cutlass, did you notice that they got rid of those useless side thrusters? So there is no intention of fixing the seat boggle?

Given that they have no intention of fixing anything other than their revenue stream I'm not terribly surprised.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Chin posted:

I can't believe Ben doxxed his own paparazzi brother.

watch onward until you hear "what happens in CIG stays in CIG."

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Money was a funny and likeable chap, hope he's doing well these days. :)

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

DapperDon posted:

They bought a bigger rug.

Problem solved Goonie.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
Inspired by Trump tracker, Goons have a Star Citizen Tracker. eye-opening to wee what's missing after 146m + 6 yrs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

D_Smart posted:

Inspired by Trump tracker, Goons have a Star Citizen Tracker. eye-opening to wee what's missing after 146m + 6 yrs

Glorious......glorious