Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Blue Star posted:

I would like re:View to talk about :

Jurassic Park
Big Trouble in Little China
Robocop
The Thing
Conan the Barbarian (1982)
Ray Harryhausen movies (Clash of the Titans, Sinbad, One Million Years BC, whatever)
Blade Runner

I'd like to see what they have to say about these movies, and more
Also Galaxy Quest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.
Adam Sandler's new netflix movie should immediately go on WotW.

Build the new wheel to include digital formats.

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

naem posted:

I watched Conan again recently and it's hilarious I forgot

Shut your whore mouth

It's hilarious in the best B-movie way because it doesn't take itself all dark and gritty seriously

In the canon, it's the best, slightly above the Beastmaster

The only sword and sorcery movie from that era that pulled off 'serious' was Dragonslayer, and that was amazing

/srs post

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
I want re:view to be a pretext for Jay to talk about Jay movies, even if Josh is the price we'll have to pay for that.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I want them to talk about predator

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Lichtenstein posted:

I want re:view to be a pretext for Jay to talk about Jay movies, even if Josh is the price we'll have to pay for that.

Josh is kind of okay on re:view.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.

Randarkman posted:

Josh is kind of okay on re:view.

Yeah, it's a format where it's somewhat useful to have a human wikipedia, so that the other person can chill & focus on his opinions.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

a bone to pick posted:

ugh patton oswalt shows up in space cop? now i'm never going to see it.

He murdered Space Cop's wife.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
there should be a Bauman-centric patreon-only web series called Jay for Pay where he just talks about the latest movie he's seen

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

bring back old gbs posted:

there should be a Bauman-centric patreon-only web series called Jay for Pay where he just talks about the latest movie he's seen

This is a good idea but unfortunately jay is super duper lazy.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rei is Obi Wan daughter or grand daughter.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

achillesforever6 posted:

Also Galaxy Quest

Galaxy quest would be great because it would let mike talk about star trek.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Justin Tyme posted:

never thought about it before but hell, I'm a fan of the concept of post-apocalyptic storytelling to children being beloved movies that the adults liked before the world went to poo poo because honestly that's more realistic than anything

If you had to, I bet you could do a scene for scene retelling of A New Hope on the spot without thinking too hard.

That's like the best scene in Reign of Fire that doesn't feature Matthew McConaughey acting like a crazy person fighting dragons with an axe.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

a bone to pick posted:

ugh patton oswalt shows up in space cop? now i'm never going to see it.

The funniest and best performed character in the entire movie is played by Patton Oswalt

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Rain of fire is a great movie

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Trunko posted:

The funniest and best performed character in the entire movie is played by Patton Oswalt

That's a very Josh opinion to have

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

if rey is luke's daughter or something then that doesn't really make a lot of sense. same thing goes for leia and han. like, why would you abandon her, you assholes? afraid she is going to become a dark jedi? well then try to raise her not to be a sith lord or don't teach her the force or whatever. who knows what will happen if you just ditch her.

i mean luke and leia were split up because their mother died and her dad would have killed her or made her evil, but they were still placed with people who could take care of them and not just abandoned.

anyway i hope they don't decide to go in that direction, because it's stupid. although the idea that luke, leia, and han would be really lovely parents also makes sense from a story point of view, i guess.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

My theory is Rey is the little girl from the Ewok films and just doesn't remember her family is super dead. Jakku is just what Endor looks like now after the death star crashed into it.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
My theory is that, since Empire had "I am your father", TLJ will have Kylo Ren revealing he's Rei's brother or trans sister.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

also i imagine that luke saying there should be no more jedi comes before he decides to train rey, otherwise what are you doing training her you dumb rear end in a top hat?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mulaney Power Move posted:

also i imagine that luke saying there should be no more jedi comes before he decides to train rey, otherwise what are you doing training her you dumb rear end in a top hat?

Luke quit before finishing his training, he'll quit before he finishes training Rey.

It's like

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

yeah just train her enough that she can use the force and her lighsaber to murder people and then expel her from his rock in the ocean and hope everything turns out fine. i'm sure the phds over in CD have entire dissertations written about how this all makes sense.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
Why does everyone in Star Wars have to be related to each other? It's so cheap and uninspired. As a wise man once said, the Star Wars universe is incredibly small.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

mng posted:

Why does everyone in Star Wars have to be related to each other? It's so cheap and uninspired. As a wise man once said, the Star Wars universe is incredibly small.

The first trilogy is about the Skywalker family. And then they made a second trilogy that was also about the Skywalker family. It'd be kind of stupid to make a third trilogy and have it just be about some random chick who wandered into the story because of the Force

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Who CARES about Star Wars, you know what RLM should really do is do one of those Slenderman youtube found footage series. They're not just slenderman, you can rip off boring horror trope and express it really obtusely and it can be part of the series. They have some horror chops and some youtube chops and experience in making videos look like a lovely vhs tape from blockbuster that doesn't work, which are all required to make a slenderseries.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
You know it's just gonna be a thing where the Jedi are over, you are now a grey force user who is balanced and are called something else because Jedi were a specific group of dudes etc

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Who CARES about Star Wars, you know what RLM should really do is do one of those Slenderman youtube found footage series. They're not just slenderman, you can rip off boring horror trope and express it really obtusely and it can be part of the series. They have some horror chops and some youtube chops and experience in making videos look like a lovely vhs tape from blockbuster that doesn't work, which are all required to make a slenderseries.

2014 called

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Guy Goodbody posted:

The first trilogy is about the Skywalker family. And then they made a second trilogy that was also about the Skywalker family. It'd be kind of stupid to make a third trilogy and have it just be about some random chick who wandered into the story because of the Force

Disregarding the prequels, there are other people than the Skywalkers who can use the force. But you're probably right, it would take some good writing to make a SW story that's not centered around them. Rogue One just didn't do it for me at all, I dunno.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

Light Gun Man posted:

You know it's just gonna be a thing where the Jedi are over, you are now a grey force user who is balanced and are called something else because Jedi were a specific group of dudes etc

I'm betting you're right. Jedi are too soft, Sith are too hard. What if a paladin but can use chaos magic?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I want to see a Jay review on The Void, it looks extremely up his alley.

Mike can just roll his eyes and fidget and occasionally tie something into star trek somehow.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

priznat posted:

That movie was loving horrible. I'm sure Jay will love it.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

a bone to pick posted:

That movie was loving horrible. I'm sure Jay will love it.

Bad eh? The trailer looked interesting, like a throwback to 80s style horror with some lovecraft thrown in. I was gonna hold off til it showed up on netflix.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

vermin posted:

I'm betting you're right. Jedi are too soft, Sith are too hard. What if a paladin but can use chaos magic?

Kyle Katarn

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

priznat posted:

Bad eh? The trailer looked interesting, like a throwback to 80s style horror with some lovecraft thrown in. I was gonna hold off til it showed up on netflix.

I was really hyped for it because of the practical effects and lovecraftian theme, but nothing can fix bad acting and a bad script.

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

priznat posted:

I thought for a second you meant 'Enter the Void' and man, that last, uh, panning sequence. Yeah. Love to see their faces for that.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

priznat posted:

Mike can just roll his eyes and fidget and occasionally tie something into star trek somehow.

He mentioned on his Twitter that he found it meh despite the dope trailer.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Arcsquad12 posted:

Kyle Katarn

They'll never use him in a movie because he makes everyone else look like an idiot. He can use both sides of the force, and shoot a gun, and doesn't fall into evil or whatever. Just remains himself just fine.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

gotta psot the tweets

https://twitter.com/JayBauman1/status/851966571371212801
https://twitter.com/JayBauman1/status/851968621387685889
https://twitter.com/JayBauman1/status/851968760756015105

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

drat, this is why Jay earns my cum-lust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Time to twitter stalk Jay!!

Between trailers and RLM there is rarely a reason to actually watch a movie anymore and it is a massive timesaver imo.

• Locked thread