Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Argus Zant posted:

At the barest drat minimum, he should have at least cut off Uvo's head and taken it back into town to collect the mafia's bounty on the guy. I mean, come on.

Again, he's trying to stay as low profile as possible. His revenge is a personal matter, he doesn't care about the moral or monetary benefits pursuing it might afford him, and showing up waving around a Phantom Troupe bleeding head would probably attract all kinds of unwanted attention for him.

Besides, he's already proven his worth to the mafia higher ups by this point, there's sweeter gravy trains to be had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
That was my secondmost favorite episode of HxH, glad I got to see it again.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Argus Zant posted:

At the barest drat minimum, he should have at least cut off Uvo's head and taken it back into town to collect the mafia's bounty on the guy. I mean, come on.

And get gang-banged by the other pissed-off spiders? He can beat one, but gently caress that.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
DESTROY GUNDAM, DEVOUR GUNDAM!

EDIT: This episode was good because it was light on philosophy babble and heavy on space fighty robots... but now they're talking again and I'm reminded Gundam Is Bad.

Kerning Chameleon fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Apr 16, 2017

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Next weeks Dirtnami, we'll be finishing G Gundam and I may even be able to play it's replacement.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Tarodia posted:

just don't think too hard about the coffin

Jojo is a beautiful, tense, crazy, and compelling series that is nonetheless riddled with plotholes.

We love it in spite of that.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

This week was the last week of the 20th anniversary package. Next broadcast, we'll be going back to the traditional look.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
After Jojo finished, it's now appropriate to post this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8nWMbOdVVw

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The most jarring thing about having the old shows on Sundays is being reminded that the official SGC2C email was an AOL address.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
According to the promo for the next Super episode, Mr. Satan mistakenly refers to Beerus as "Beavis," which they can get away with since it's technically an accurate translation!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The next episode looks like it's going back to fun goofy poo poo. That's good.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
I haven't watched Your Pretty Face in a while. What happened to Claude? He's just gone.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

livingfruitvirus posted:

I haven't watched Your Pretty Face in a while. What happened to Claude? He's just gone.

He was in last week and this week's episode. I don't really know why he got phased out and replaced with Troy, though; they've never addressed it on the show.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

God gently caress they brought the Cleveland Show back to before midnight. Just give up on it already!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

God gently caress they brought the Cleveland Show back to before midnight. Just give up on it already!

AS never gives up as long as they have rights to something. They've run Family Guy since the block started. They only stopped Futurama reruns when Comedy Central pried it away. And if they ever spend too much money securing a new I.P. for Toonami, you know they'll drag Big O season 2 back out to fill the death slot.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

TwoPair posted:

AS never gives up as long as they have rights to something. They've run Family Guy since the block started. They only stopped Futurama reruns when Comedy Central pried it away. And if they ever spend too much money securing a new I.P. for Toonami, you know they'll drag Big O season 2 back out to fill the death slot.
Hell look how long they ran Cowboy Bebop and FMA Brotherhood, not that I was complaining mind you

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Argus Zant posted:

He was in last week and this week's episode. I don't really know why he got phased out and replaced with Troy, though; they've never addressed it on the show.
I guess Dana Snyder needs more Adult Swim money with no more Aqua Teen. I'm not complaining, I love hearing his voice.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Hell, Inuyasha ran up until the block got cancelled for the last time right? Which reminds me that they techincally showed Final Chapters or whatever the weird movie/series thing was called for a bit there didn't they?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Waffleman_ posted:

At least we got the Boondocks back.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Hell, Inuyasha ran up until the block got cancelled for the last time right? Which reminds me that they techincally showed Final Chapters or whatever the weird movie/series thing was called for a bit there didn't they?

They did and it was incomprehensible because it did literally nothing to bring the viewer up to speed.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Waffleman_ posted:

They did and it was incomprehensible because it did literally nothing to bring the viewer up to speed.

And even then, I couldn't remember or care to recall all the poo poo it needed to carry this nonsense forward. So it was a perpetual nothing from a franchise that constantly had to remind you who Naraku was and why he's bad for almost every episode.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It was also simultaneously running at a breakneck pace and devoid of anything actually happening.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I understood the final act because I was embarrassingly into Inuyasha back in the day. :blush:

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I'm pretty sure Inyuasha was doomed to be boring since all of the characters major problems could be solved once Naraku was beaten. The author set up the story in way that made any meaningful progress effectively impossible.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Didn't Miroku have his Wind Tunnel stolen and then the problem basically took care of itself though? He literally had no motivation to stay after that moment other than "FRIENDSHIP"

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Didn't Miroku have his Wind Tunnel stolen and then the problem basically took care of itself though? He literally had no motivation to stay after that moment other than "FRIENDSHIP"

He literally was possibly the most OP character in that whole band of idiots because of his black hole hand.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Crabtree posted:

He literally was possibly the most OP character in that whole band of idiots because of his black hole hand.

Which is why there was always either MIASMA or BEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

While in the PS2 game Secret of the Cursed Mask, neither of these were a factor in combat, so Miroku was insanely overpowered.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah I'm guessing the author quickly realised that she had made an insanely OP character and had the bees as a workaround. Of course, this made Miroku completely useless.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Waffleman_ posted:

While in the PS2 game Secret of the Cursed Mask, neither of these were a factor in combat, so Miroku was insanely overpowered.

Was it the MIASMA or just the curse itself that was slowly killing him, thus he had to lose his wind tunnel or die? Like I remember that was some big loving drama between him and Boomerang girl and when he finally lost the tunnel he was pointless.

Also, holy poo poo, Secret of the Cursed Mask was too good of a game for the likes of Inyu Goddam Yasha. Those are like some of the most perfect games to have for an anime. Be some new character that gets to hang out and do poo poo in the world of an IP.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Crabtree posted:

Was it the MIASMA or just the curse itself that was slowly killing him, thus he had to lose his wind tunnel or die? Like I remember that was some big loving drama between him and Boomerang girl and when he finally lost the tunnel he was pointless.

Both. The tunnel will eventually suck him inside-out like his dad. Then when he got his Bee ignoring power, he got a mark on his arm that showed his poison threshold.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I am kind of fond of Naraku killing his treacherous son Hakudōshi by making the bees ditch him. So he had no defense against the Wind tunnel and was instantly taken out by it.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I didn't like Inuyasha back in the day and The Final Chapters was the replacement for Hellsing Ultimate. gently caress Inuyasha

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

I think in one of the movies that AS aired back in the day he lost it, but like so many other anime movies, all they do is fight a stupid movie-only enemy that would never be mentioned in the series proper.

The movie literally starts with everybody defeating Naraku, then Miroku has a personal crisis when he realizes he's kinda useless. And then of course when the movie only villain is defeated, Naraku shows up and is like "Psych, I was never dead!" then the wind tunnel comes back and Miroku's like "Oh gently caress I just remembered this thing is gonna kill me".

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Crabtree posted:

Also, holy poo poo, Secret of the Cursed Mask was too good of a game for the likes of Inyu Goddam Yasha. Those are like some of the most perfect games to have for an anime. Be some new character that gets to hang out and do poo poo in the world of an IP.

I don't think I've ever flip-flopped over whether I thought a game was good or not than I have in the 13 years since that game came out.

I've decided that while it is an incredibly flawed game, it's still an incredibly enjoyable experience to go through and is low-key one of my favorite games.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Doing a little bit of an inventory on what slots will open next now that Jojo is over:

Jack is ending in 5 weeks (I don't think they're going to be keeping 11 after Jack ends, though.)
We have seven more weeks until Unicorn ends
We have 9 more weeks until Tokyo Ghoul ends, provided they don't go immediately into the second season
Attack on Titan season 2 will be 12 episodes
We have a little over a year left of DBZ Kai
We have a round 100 episodes left of Hunter x Hunter
Dragon Ball Super is still airing in Japan and we're at least 5 years behind in Naruto.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Apr 20, 2017

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

Waffleman_ posted:

Doing a little bit of an inventory on what slots will open next now that Jojo is over:

Jack is ending in 5 weeks (I don't think they're going to be keeping 11 after Jack ends, though.)
We have seven more weeks until Unicorn ends
We have 9 more weeks until Tokyo Ghoul ends, provided they don't go immediately into the second season
Attack on Titan season 2 will be 12 episodes
We have a little over a year left of DBZ Kai
We have a round 100 episodes left of Hunter x Hunter
Dragon Ball Super is still airing in Japan and we're at least 5 years behind in Naruto.

I'm betting on 11 going back to Family Guy as well until FLCL comes along.
Unicorn will probably get replaced with Iron Blooded Orphans 2, unfortunately.
They've already confirmed they're going into Root A.
Stardust will likely replace AOT.

Safe to say anything else will be a surprise.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
A bunch of restored throwback Toonami bumpers went up on YouTube today.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLikGOvRUIwYmzx-S7RbhfEJq2otlreI1c

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

LAST WEEK ON TOONAMI

Samurai Jack: Taking Ashi into the city of Aku, Jack finally breaks down during an attack and follows the green rider to who knows where.

Dragon Ball Super: Toei ruined the really good ending of Battle of Gods, but at least it's over.

Dragon Ball Z Kai: These bad guys wanna steal Gohan's energy and Supreme Kai just kinda lets them because he's good at plans.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8nWMbOdVVw

Tokyo Ghoul: Yeah, this one's back. Kaneki got a boring mask from a boring hot guy because ghouls are boring and edgy.

Hunter x Hunter: Kurapika fuckin' wrecks Uvogin.

Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works: Shirou and Rin fight Illya and Berserker to a standstill. Saber doesn't trust one of the teachers at Shirou's school. Also at school. Rin tries to kill Shirou and a Servant with purple hair tries to kill Shirou! Eventually, Shirou and Rin come to a bit of a truce.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Attack on Titan starts tonight too.

We finish G Gundam in dirttube tonight, I'll be showing the first episode of its replacement as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

gently caress, it does, I completely forgot.

• Locked thread