Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Holy poo poo I can post Imgur links from my phone directly into the AwfulApp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
THEY CAME!!!!!

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable
Please post flat horse Pick

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Pick posted:

They're like dogs you can ride. They're social animals, so if you can 'read' them they're very good companions.

But dogs I've known are generally chill and horses I've known are definitely not.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Who What Now posted:

Whats more affordable than renting horses is never interacting with horses because they are garbage animals that women only like because they have massive schlongs.

Horses were once incredibly useful and vital to civilization, but then so were 56k modems and we don't keep them around out of sentimentality.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Pick posted:

THEY CAME!!!!!

THEY BEEN HERE A WHILE

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Pick posted:

Renting a horse is comparable to owning a mastiff or some other large dog in expense.
He's buying one though.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

VanSandman posted:

Dawww :3:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Pick posted:

They're like dogs you can ride. They're social animals, so if you can 'read' them they're very good companions.

Up until they flip out for no reason and stomp you to death before breaking their own neck by shaking their head too hard.

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

Horses are cool in books and films but then you get close and see the whiskers and drool and realise that each foot is a single fingertip and ugh

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

VanSandman posted:

THEY BEEN HERE A WHILE

Jesus Christ, that's so adorable I might actually die.

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Leon Einstein posted:

I don't know if he's "horse rich" though. Seems like a higher tier of wealth to me.

Then keep trying to dissuade him. Horses are very affordable as a rental and if he sticks with one stable he can even keep renting the same horse and teaching it what he specifically likes in riding. Horses are skittish but not dumb.

Owning a horse is worse than renting. Try to convey that? Like, renting is pretty much as good if Dad Einstein doesn't want to compete professionally.

If he wants to compete professionally steal every valuable from his house before he pawns it to support a garage horse. That's the only way you will see an inheritance.

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

VanSandman posted:

Oh hello puppers :3:

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

how the gently caress does renting a horse work is it like a timeshare on having your yard poo poo all over

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Pick posted:

If you're a shy guy in a wheelchair, go to one of the most liberal colleges in the USA. You'll get at least 7 months of a really hot girl who thinks your terrible treatment of other people is because no one has ever given you a chance to reveal the beautiful gentle flower you are inside. This will drive her insane as you regularly treat her like garbage no matter what you do. Then you go out and gently caress some normal guys and realize sometimes the reason someone is a recluse is not because of mobility peripherals but because they're incredibly mean.

Ha ha I loving knew it. He's a Reedie isn't he?

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

how the gently caress does renting a horse work is it like a timeshare on having your yard poo poo all over

It's more 'paying for riding time' than renting, but from what l I understand you can request specific horses when you come to a stable and say 'I wanna ride a pony'.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
His girlfriend already gave her car to her one kid, so he had to buy her one. She sends 800 a month to her other kid since his husband doesn't work and they can't pay their bills.

She also is pushing hard for marriage for "financial security", shockingly.

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

What to make of my outrageous, attention-seeking new girlfriend's ways in the world?

quote:

I've been going out with this woman for a few months now and we're both totally into each other and pretty perfectly suited in many several ways. But here's the problem (or at least here's my problem): in bigger social situations, parties, etc, she dresses up like no one you've ever seen. She loves retro 50s stuff and has it altered so she can get her breasts (fake, for what it's worth) swelling up and out. Everything is tight and revealing, and when she walks across the floor, all eyes are on her, and then everyone wants to talk to her, men and women and probably small children and dogs, too.

As it happens, I haven't seen her like this in action. It's what she's told me, maybe as kind of a warning of what to expect. I've seen her dressed to about 25% of what she says she's capable of and that in itself is pretty awesome, but there's something about the way she's positioned herself at 100% that already has me a little freaked out and insecure and, yup, jealous in advance of any reasons to be jealous.

And none of this is stuff I want to bring up with her, because it'll only make her feel bad about her true nature, whatever the heck that true nature is. I'm not exactly sure why she has this need for attention in social situations but here's my best probably off-base guess. As a teenager, she was assaulted at a party; so maybe now she dresses the way she does so that everyone will know she's here and if she disappears for any reason, they'll all want to know where she went. I dunno. That seems pretty lame now that I think of it, but I don't know what else to think.

It remains to be seen how she behaves with me around at one of these parties, but I'll know soon enough, this Saturday, in fact. Does she flirt madly? Does she prefer to be seen with me closely or more distantly? I do suffer from some jealousy issues to begin with; am I going to get triggered all over the place?

And then there's a different upcoming party that's going to be filled with her more closer friends. And ex boyfriends.

Ugh. What am I asking here? I don't know. Maybe I just need to rant and worry a little. But if you do have any thoughts, I'd certainly welcome them.

tl;dr: My newish girlfriend dresses for attention; what do you make of it? what should I make of it, if anything?

tl;dr: I'm the world's most insecure man.

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Leon Einstein posted:

His girlfriend already gave her car to her one kid, so he had to buy her one. She sends 800 a month to her other kid since his husband doesn't work and they can't pay their bills.

You have to sleep with her and break them up.

I'm sorry, it's the only way.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Who cares about reddit there's puppies

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
my grandma paula is a horse person, to the point where she spends money she doesn't really have to maintain her horse

she doesn't work anymore since she lost her job as a nurse for mercy killing one of her patients (who just so happened to leave her a sum of money when they died)

also she probably killed my dad. thanks, that's my crazy horse people story.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

Tiny Deer posted:

You have to sleep with her and break them up.

I'm sorry, it's the only way.
She's not some hot young gold digger; it's his high school girlfriend that he lured away from her happy marriage. He got caught up in the affair and by the time he realized they weren't actually compatible, she had moved in. She whines about missing her old life constantly. I don't know how my dad can take it.

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Leon Einstein posted:

She's not some hot young gold digger; it's his high school girlfriend that he lured away from her happy marriage. He got caught up in the affair and by the time he realized they weren't actually compatible, she had moved in. She whines about missing her old life constantly. I don't know how my dad can take it.

Oh my god.

Oh Jesus.

drat.

I don't even know what to say, I hope you love your dad enough to help him after this implodes?

Sleeping with her might still somehow be the better option.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Leon Einstein posted:

You still need to take on for the team and break them up. With your cock.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
My dad also likes his women very thin, and she gained 57 lbs since she moved in. Lol

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Getting back with your high school girlfriend as a middle-aged adult sounds like the worst idea imaginable.

(Okay I dunno, maybe you could get with her now-in-high-school daughter for the actual worst idea.)

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Leon Einstein posted:

My dad also likes his women very thin, and she gained 57 lbs since she moved in. Lol

Throw yourself on the fatty for your dad's sake.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Getting back with your high school girlfriend as a middle-aged adult sounds like the worst idea imaginable.

I'm thinking of the girls I was in love with in highschool and I want to smack myself in the head with a hammer

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

(Okay I dunno, maybe you could get with her now-in-high-school daughter for the actual worst idea.)
She has no daughters. To make this even more trainwrecky, she was in high school when they dated, not him...

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Leon Einstein posted:

She has no daughters. To make this even more trainwrecky, she was in high school when they dated, not him...

suddenly your objection to our frequent characterizations of age gap relationships is starting to make sense

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
He is only 3 or 4 years older.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Leon Einstein posted:

Ive changed my mind. You need to go full TobleroneTriangular and kill your parents.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Oh god
Here's another pupper

And bonus cat

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

It's basically a timeshare, yes. And the horse is kept at the stables (like most people's horses) so it's like $200 a month to ride a particular horse pretty much whenever you want.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I wanna rub that cats tumtum

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

VanSandman posted:

THEY BEEN HERE A WHILE

They're so precious :qq:

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Who What Now posted:

I wanna rub that cats tumtum

He lets you.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

this happened in Bojack horseman, it was real weird

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I'll go back to renting a horse when I have more time and when I'm in a better spot. My only good therapist was my therapy horse as a kid. You don't even ride the horse, you just take care of it and you learn how it behaves and thinks, and since horses are social and reciprocal, if you have a horse with a good demeanor, it'll reinforce good social skills with affection and trust. For example, a horse might "nibble" at your knee with its lips. This is it trying to groom you as thanks for you grooming it. If you're nice, they're nice back, and they can tell if you're in a poo poo mood or not happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Leon Einstein posted:

Your inheritance is gone before the horse even arrives, sorry