Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Dexo posted:

look man it tied in the demo with a rerun of NCIS. (also how loving old is NCIS's viewership where it could tie AOS in the 18-48 Demo while stomping AOS's total viewers by like 4 million)

Average age of a CBS viewer is comfortably in the sixties. Which was why they geeenlit Supergirl in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

AoS is on the bubble so every good week like that increases its chance for renewal.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

howe_sam posted:

Average age of a CBS viewer is comfortably in the sixties. Which was why they geeenlit Supergirl in the first place.

It was made for the Jeb Bushes of the world.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Powerless was on tonight. It is such a weird show.

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

Powerless was on tonight. It is such a weird show.

I missed it, how was it?

I thought last week's episode was a series best (admittedly not a night bar to hurdle).

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

Yakmouth posted:

I missed it, how was it?

I thought last week's episode was a series best (admittedly not a night bar to hurdle).

Green Fury was back and they try to use her in a sexy commercial for a fireproof poncho. Also, the chubby girl at the office pretends a mannequin is Superman and tries to saw his penis off with a 7 year old she is babysitting.

I will reiterate it is a weird show.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
It's amusing that they keep pushing back the airing of the poison gas attack episode.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
I stopped watching AoS when they spent the better part of an entire season trying to make me give a poo poo about inhumans. Look guys the inhumans will always be the "Oh and these guys I guess" of the marvel universe right along side alpha flight.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Puck's a goddamn intercontinental treasure and the first franchise/multimedia conglomerate that realizes it will make billions. Billions!!

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
I mean the new warriors managed to have a longer running comic book than the inhumans so the bar is pretty low here.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Fabian Nicieza New Warriors comic was pretty good in fairness.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Shageletic posted:

Puck's a goddamn intercontinental treasure and the first franchise/multimedia conglomerate that realizes it will make billions. Billions!!

Peter Dinklage as Puck, right? RIGHT?

I know I can't be the first, second, tenth, hundredth, or even thousandth person to point that out.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I still like Peter Dinklage for J. Jonah Jameson if and when he ever shows up in a Spider-Man movie.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

Bennett's saying it's bullshit so I dunno.

Him and Guggenheim are still going back and forth trying to make it a thing, but he got spotted landing on a plane from New Zealand to Vancouver and heading to the Arrow set yesterday so it's clear they're just trying to get the fans to buy into this feud between them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

Him and Guggenheim are still going back and forth trying to make it a thing, but he got spotted landing on a plane from New Zealand to Vancouver and heading to the Arrow set yesterday so it's clear they're just trying to get the fans to buy into this feud between them.

I know but it's more fun if we buy into it.

It would be hilarious if he never took off the mask.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Can you even get cocaine in New Zealand?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/adamhlavac/status/854429875431555072

Gentlemen I await your hottest takes.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

Gentlemen I await your hottest takes.
Nice to see that SyFy is getting extra mileage out of their old Children of Dune sets.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
It looks like an interesting sci-fi show, but I'm still not sure why it's Krypton. Who really wants it?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

catlord posted:

It looks like an interesting sci-fi show, but I'm still not sure why it's Krypton. Who really wants it?

Maybe some reviewers said the Krypton part of Man of Steel was "kinda interesting I guess", and a man with an oversized cigar got really excited.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

catlord posted:

I'm down for any interesting Sci-fi. And its Krypton because name recognition

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

I give it one season before it ends up on CW and Flash shows up and gives them all ice cream.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Longbaugh01 posted:

Peter Dinklage as Puck, right? RIGHT?

I know I can't be the first, second, tenth, hundredth, or even thousandth person to point that out.

:bisonyes:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Syfy has been investing in better shows lately, like Expanse. Hell, everyone on cable is, I saw an ad for a bunch of AMC/FX style dramas on TNT the other day.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Maybe some reviewers said the Krypton part of Man of Steel was "kinda interesting I guess", and a man with an oversized cigar got really excited.

What this thing needs to put it into the stratosphere (kryptosphere? Note that) is some loving giant spiders.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

It looks like a typical Syfy show just with a bunch of Superman imagery plastered around. Not really interested honestly. Maybe if it gets good reviews I'll give it a look down the road.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Not a police procedural at least. KryptoCops!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Shageletic posted:

What this thing needs to put it into the stratosphere (kryptosphere? Note that) is some loving giant spiders.

As long as I don't see anybody flying around or wearing that fuckin' suit.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

zoux posted:

Not a police procedural at least. KryptoCops!

He's an alien who would have superpowers if their planet had a different sun. She's an alien who would have superpowers if their planet had a different sun. They fight crime.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I caught up the few SHIELD episodes I hadn't seen yet (the VR stuff) and this Fringe ripoff, alternate universe 101 stuff is seriously what you're all raving about?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Well it looks pretty cool, at least. Better sets and effects and stuff than the network superhero shows, certainly. And I can't deny getting a bit of a weiner flutter when that emblem appeared at the end. I feel absolutely nothing for the protag, though, and the plot is going to have to be goddamn revolutionary for me to give a poop about Superman's grandpa.

I'll put it on my...sigh...endless, endless list of shows to have to check out.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
That preview looks stupid.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Looks okay, but like any TV genre fiction, the effects and such will turn completely awful after they burn through the entire budget in two episodes.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It looks really cliched. It looks like they took some design elements of Man of Steel, but then just gave them generic sci-fi costumes.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Lurdiak posted:

Krypton in Man of Steel looked great, I'd definitely watch a sword and planet series based on MoS Krypton.

Why does it use the old DC logo instead of the Rebirth one?

wyntyr
Mar 27, 2006
Agents of Shield update: still the best

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

wyntyr posted:

Agents of Shield update: still the best

We let Dark Anime Tits post about Jason Todd constantly, so I guess we have to accept you too.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Skwirl posted:

We let Dark Anime Tits post about Jason Todd constantly, so I guess we have to accept you too.

Nah, he's right about this one.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
Shield is killing it, I can't wait to see how this season wraps up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I've wasted too many hours of my life watching lovely SHIELD episodes that were recommended to me because "No SHIELD's really good now" to ever watch it again, but even ignoring that, it's not iZombie or Legion or the soon to be released American Gods (yes it was a book first, but they made a comic I never read and the book was written by Neil Gaiman, so it counts) so it's very clearly not the best comic book show on tv.