Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

See, if they did something like that I imagine Watters would fall apart under the criticism of him since he doesn't have any banked credibility or power.

I still feel like the safest move for Fox is just to throw Bret Baier or Chris Wallace in there to do "serious" news until they can find another pied piper. But that would vaguely be a "move to the center" and that could go really badly with viewers/other RWM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

nine-gear crow posted:

They're gonna replace him with Jesse Watters and things will be 1000x worse than they were under O'Reilly because that is the general trajectory of the world.

Jesse Watters has the charisma of a tuna jello mold not to mention a backbone made of silly putty. Just watch him try to ambush the Rev. Al Sharpton and turn sheepish on a dime.

http://www.salon.com/2016/04/25/watch_fox_news_jesse_watters_tries_and_fails_spectacularly_to_outsmart_the_reverend_al_sharpton/

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

STAC Goat posted:

See, if they did something like that I imagine Watters would fall apart under the criticism of him since he doesn't have any banked credibility or power.

I still feel like the safest move for Fox is just to throw Bret Baier or Chris Wallace in there to do "serious" news until they can find another pied piper. But that would vaguely be a "move to the center" and that could go really badly with viewers/other RWM.

The only positive thing that can come out of this, is if Shep Smith or Mike Wallace take shis spot. anything else will just be the same thing.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Rick_Hunter posted:

Jesse Watters has the charisma of a tuna jello mold not to mention a backbone made of silly putty. Just watch him try to ambush the Rev. Al Sharpton and turn sheepish on a dime.

http://www.salon.com/2016/04/25/watch_fox_news_jesse_watters_tries_and_fails_spectacularly_to_outsmart_the_reverend_al_sharpton/

Yeah, that's the problem. Fox News has no real "B Team" of value so there's no one to naturally push up. I mean, they replaced Greta AND Kelly with Tucker freaking Carlson.

My real guess is that one of the Five gets the spot, or maybe they just stick to a revolving door as whenever I've turned on the O'Reilly Factor the last couple of weeks its been one of Gutfeld, Perino, Guilfoyle, or Bolling in the chair. I don't think any of them have the chops to carry 8 PM for long but I don't know who does on Fox. But "The Five" is the closest thing they have to "stars in the minors ready to be pushed up."

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Apr 18, 2017

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I'd put my money on Perino (or Tucker taking over at 8 and Perino going to 9). Watters and Gutfeld are clowns, and Bolling regularly gets so angry that he can't form coherent sentences.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

She'd be the safest route (and one of the few name women they have left to counter the narrative going) but she's a wet blanket who seems to not really have any kind of brains for politics or anything. I don't know how long she can last in prime time trying to rehab the Bush Administration and talking about her dog.

But as a stop gap she'd probably be the best bet.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

drat we are going to get public disgrace from Lehren, Milo, and Bill O all in one year. Too bad we will all be dying in nuclear hellfire soon or that would be kind of awesome.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

https://twitter.com/grace_lightning/status/854479866154041344

I'm sure this will go over well

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

What's with the Republicans all screaming "MCARTHYISM!" lately? I though they liked McCarthyism.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

The only positive thing that can come out of this, is if Shep Smith or Mike Wallace take shis spot. anything else will just be the same thing.

Alex Jones.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Alex Jones would be a head trip but it would be REALLY trippy if Fox put Mike Wallace on air.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
At least Jones is funny. I will never tire of that clip of Piccolo from DBZ with Jones's voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKVMUGwKcLE

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

what financial reason does anyone have to destroy papa bear's reputation

is there a bounty on his head

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

They're accusing the women of lying to extort settlement money from O'Reilly. And probably evil liberals of putting them up to it to stop Bill from speaking the truth.

You know, the classy defense.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

STAC Goat posted:

What's with the Republicans all screaming "MCARTHYISM!" lately? I though they liked McCarthyism.

McCarthyism = bad, and Democrats = bad, so McCarthyism = Democrats. Completely sensible concerns about the patriotism and loyalty, however, are good and Republican.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

I knew it was Soros all along!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

...Did Bill O'Reilly write that himself? Is he pulling a John Barron and pretending to be his own lawyer :confused:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

My guess is they'll point to some lawyer for one of the O'Reilly accusers also defending Ailes and/or Trump accusers and then insistent that it proves it's all a political agenda.

None of this changes the current reality that is if Fox News puts him back on air they're effectively taking his side in this fight. If anything the OReilly camp throwing around attacks seems like it makes it worse. They almost certainly hoped this would go away like past O'Reilly scandals.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Apr 19, 2017

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Haha, getting forced out because of a sexual harassment scandal is not getting "to decide how and when things end."

Also, the past tense is telling.

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

codenameFANGIO posted:

drat we are going to get public disgrace from Lehren, Milo, and Bill O all in one year. Too bad we will all be dying in nuclear hellfire soon or that would be kind of awesome.

Don't forget Alex Jones admitting he's a fraud!

Pixelboy
Sep 13, 2005

Now, I know what you're thinking...

Loel posted:

Targetting Bill ORielly this way is just the first step to the holocaust of the right wing.

Inshallah

ZobarStyl
Oct 24, 2005

This isn't a war, it's a moider.

STAC Goat posted:

Any scrutiny a Republican faces is by definition the worst witch hunt ever conceived. Especially true when they did exactly the thing they were stated to have done. Like when Bill called for a boycott of any media that reported the indisputable facts of the Andrea Mackris case.

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/854513635057696768

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/854525610231828481

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYonSOkZ5ZE

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

This is the way the world ends
Not with a falafel but a loofah.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!
A great blow to American ideals has been struck!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACwln-ZiBIE

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

They have to do it.

The hoped it would all go away if Bill just disappeared for a few weeks. But apparently the advertisers aren't back and people are still talking about the story. And whoops, there's a new accuser.

Putting O'Reilly back on air is a clear signal to anyone paying attention that you back him and consider those women the lying sluts that O'Reilly's awesome lawyer is calling them. And by "anyone paying attention" I'm talking about the many advertisers who have decided they no longer want their products being associated with the sexual harasser who is on during prime time on the sexual harassment network.

Its Bill or billions in advertising. Bill can't win that.

The best part is Bill O'Reilly probably doesn't have a "morals clause" in his Roger Ailes' negotiated contract so they're probably going to have to pay him a small fortune to fire him.

I've moved past "hopeful" to full blown "ecstatic" and will be satisfied with nothing short of O'Reilly getting fired and becoming the new Cosby while Fox News has to pay out a massive settlement with him to really make it hurt. I just can't decide if I want Bill to join RT, start his own online subscription service, or just yell at clouds on Twitter.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

STAC Goat posted:

I just can't decide if I want Bill to join RT, start his own online subscription service, or just yell at clouds on Twitter.

Depending on how much he rips out of Fox on his way out to settle his contract, he'll probably either retire outright and never plague the world with his bloviating again (and try to molest women 40 years his junior in private as opposed to in the work place now) or he'll toil away at writing (or screaming at ghostwriters while they write) his non-fiction books like his Killing Whoever series or more of his tone-deaf "live your life like I tell you to" morality books. He'll also continue to get royalties by being an executive producer on the National Geographic TV movie adaptations of his Killing books, yet another one of which is due out some time this year.

Wingnut Welfare will take good care of William James O'Reilly Jr.

That said, it would be pretty sweet if he went the Larry King route and was reduced to doing 4AM infomercials on salmon oil pills from a cheap facsimile of his old show set :allears:

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

STAC Goat posted:

I just can't decide if I want Bill to join RT, start his own online subscription service, or just yell at clouds on Twitter.

RT America only hires progressive hosts, and the main network hates him for his neoconservatism.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

STAC Goat posted:

They have to do it.

The hoped it would all go away if Bill just disappeared for a few weeks. But apparently the advertisers aren't back and people are still talking about the story. And whoops, there's a new accuser.

Putting O'Reilly back on air is a clear signal to anyone paying attention that you back him and consider those women the lying sluts that O'Reilly's awesome lawyer is calling them. And by "anyone paying attention" I'm talking about the many advertisers who have decided they no longer want their products being associated with the sexual harasser who is on during prime time on the sexual harassment network.

Its Bill or billions in advertising. Bill can't win that.

The best part is Bill O'Reilly probably doesn't have a "morals clause" in his Roger Ailes' negotiated contract so they're probably going to have to pay him a small fortune to fire him.

I've moved past "hopeful" to full blown "ecstatic" and will be satisfied with nothing short of O'Reilly getting fired and becoming the new Cosby while Fox News has to pay out a massive settlement with him to really make it hurt. I just can't decide if I want Bill to join RT, start his own online subscription service, or just yell at clouds on Twitter.

They aren't losing a dime in advertising. Most if not all the big companies pulling their ads from O'Reilly are not pulling their ads from Fox.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Cythereal posted:

They aren't losing a dime in advertising. Most if not all the big companies pulling their ads from O'Reilly are not pulling their ads from Fox.

But there are a finite number of ad spots on Fox News. The spots on The Factor are prime real estate and cost more. The other spots are already filled. So if advertisers are pulling from The Factor but still advertising during other times on Fox News (which they were already doing) they are losing money because they aren't paying for those primo Factor spots anymore. And no one is, the ad breaks were full of PSAs which they don't get paid for at all and local inserts that the cable / satellite provider sticks in there.

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Apr 19, 2017

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

aware of dog posted:

I honestly think both of these were cases where when they started out they were just playing a character and being outlandish in that shock jock kind of way, but have been so steeped in their own farts for so long that they've become complete believers in the nonsense that comes out of their mouths.

Have y'all not heard of Morton Downey Jr?

They all evolved from him.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I stopped listening to it, but on the way home, Glenn Beck is claiming this is the end of Fox News being conservative. He was defending Bill pretty hard, saying "In all my time there I never even saw anything close to that happening," and that he thinks that the women coming forward are just doing so because of a giant liberal conspiracy against him. He even mentioned that when Gretchen Carlson made accusations against Roger Ailes, he didn't believe her at first because "She's only one person, she could be making it up."

So yeah Bill's lawyer isn't the only one claiming it's a conspiracy and that Bill did nothing wrong.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

It will never cease to amuse me how averse any figure on the right is to taking personal responsibility for their actions.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Easy Salmon Recipe posted:

It will never cease to amuse me how averse any figure on the right is to taking personal responsibility for their actions.
The Party of Personal Responsibility, ladies and gentlemen.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Twelve by Pies posted:

I stopped listening to it, but on the way home, Glenn Beck is claiming this is the end of Fox News being conservative. He was defending Bill pretty hard, saying "In all my time there I never even saw anything close to that happening," and that he thinks that the women coming forward are just doing so because of a giant liberal conspiracy against him. He even mentioned that when Gretchen Carlson made accusations against Roger Ailes, he didn't believe her at first because "She's only one person, she could be making it up."

So yeah Bill's lawyer isn't the only one claiming it's a conspiracy and that Bill did nothing wrong.

"Bill O'Reilly never grabbed ME by the pussy so he never sexually assaulted anyone."

Masters of logical thought.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
Goooood morning~ :suicide101:

yo have y'all noticed the last few weeks how even if Spooky Scary Hilldogg isn't in the news there's an add about how your opinion on her going to jail is vitally important? lol

Master Shake posted:

On Tuesday’s Mark Levin show, The media is trying to manipulate people into believing that President Trump and Vladimir Putin are buddies. Russian officials see Trump as more dangerous to Russia’s interests than North Korea’s Kim Jong Un. This should be a screaming headline on CNN or MSNBC, but it’s not. The Russian propaganda machine is all out trashing and smearing Trump and his family and you won’t see this reported on any establishment media outlets. In addition, the FBI used a dossier published last year to gain approval to survey the Trump world in 2016. The members of Congress, no doubt Democrats, are leaking to CNN. Remember the discredited dossier came from a discredited British spy source. This dossier was created by opponents of Trump. Also, what is Carter Page guilty of? If he is not guilty of anything, he should take legal action against the media who is ruining his reputation. CNN is suggesting that Page was a Russian spy. If you are going to accuse someone of being a spy shouldn’t you have some evidence? Page was not even directly connected with Trump. This is a sleazy hit job by CNN for the purpose of taking down Trump. After that, Joni Marquez a retired Air Force captain was not permitted to open fire on two terrorists in Afghanistan in 2011. This resulted in the death of 38 fighters including 30 Americans and 8 Afghans aboard the Extortion 17 helicopter. The rules of engagement prevented Marquez and her crew from doing what needed to be done and saving these fighters. These battlefield rules of engagement were changed by Gen. Stanley McChrystal under Barack Obama. Later, Jeff Sessions calls in to discuss withholding grants from sanctuary cities. Finally, Mark Meckler calls in to talk about the status of Convention of States.

blow it out your rear end, you disgrace to Dana Snyder.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
:siren: :siren:

Sources: Fox News Has Decided Bill O’Reilly Has to Go

quote:

The Murdochs have decided Bill O’Reilly’s 21-year run at Fox News will come to an end. According to sources briefed on the discussions, network executives are preparing to announce O’Reilly’s departure before he returns from an Italian vacation on April 24. Now the big questions are how the exit will look and who will replace him.

Wednesday morning, according to sources, executives are holding emergency meetings to discuss how they can sever the relationship with the country’s highest-rated cable-news host without causing collateral damage to the network. The board of Fox News’ parent company 21st Century Fox is scheduled to meet on Thursday to discuss the matter.

Sources briefed on the discussions say O’Reilly’s exit negotiations are moving quickly. Right now, a key issue on the table is whether he would be allowed to say good-bye to his audience, perhaps the most loyal in all of cable (O’Reilly’s ratings have ticked up during the sexual-harassment allegations). Fox executives are leaning against allowing him to have a sign-off, sources say. The other main issue on the table is money. O’Reilly recently signed a new multi-year contract worth more than $20 million per year. When Roger Ailes left Fox News last summer, the Murdochs paid out $40 million, the remainder of his contract.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/04/sources-fox-news-has-decided-bill-oreilly-has-to-go.html

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

:byewhore:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

wow aaron hernandez committed another murder, huh?