Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

tanglewood1420 posted:

Lebron, Shaq and Harden seem pretty good likenesses but jeez some of those other ones are terrible. If he wasn't wearing a Bucks 34 uni you could've given me a hundred tries before I'd guess that was meant to be Giannis.

Dirk's character looks like he is trying to offer children candy to get in his van.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

IcePhoenix posted:

I just noticed that the Bucks/Raptors game tonight is on NBA TV and am irrationally upset because now I can't watch it.

If this means the bar I'm going to isn't showing it I'm gonna be grumpy.

I'm in Canada tho so I'm assuming ther has to be some local broadcast of it otherwise they're idiots.

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Apr 18, 2017

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
FIZDALE: I gotta get that Oscar

FIZDALE: https://twitter.com/ringer/status/854314088591220737

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

nick...thats an amazing new av

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Hand Row posted:

Maybe that is your joke but it is Ray Allen.

Haha kudos on getting my really smart joke friendo! d'oh

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Time posted:

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Hi so maybe someone can help me with this

I remember some time ago someone made a slideshow about the NBA and I swear every player who was guarding the player in question was Mike Conley but it might not have been him. I'm pretty sure it was a Grizzlies player though. In any case one of the slides was a photoshop of the player guarding himself.

Anyone remember or have a link to that?

Thanks.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Wooooah haha thank you for the new av Secret Twitter N/V Chat I love all of you especially Rick and Dejan

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

fast cars loose anus posted:

I remember some time ago someone made a slideshow about the NBA and I swear every player who was guarding the player in question was Mike Conley but it might not have been him. I'm pretty sure it was a Grizzlies player though. In any case one of the slides was a photoshop of the player guarding himself.

Thanks.

I don't know about that, but Rick used to do a thread where every image included Kobe. Which was pretty fun. Wonder if we need to flip that to LeBron now...

Kibner fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Apr 18, 2017

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
The SAS Favorite Player Thread needs to make a comeback

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Counterpoint:

quote:

For the season, the Grizzlies were the team with the biggest disparity between their own free-throw rate and their opponents’. (Free-throw rate is a team’s free-throw attempts divided by its field-goal attempts.) Memphis had a free-throw rate of .280 (pretty good, 11th in the league) and an opponent free-throw rate of .341 (worst in the league) for a league-worst difference of -.061. (The Spurs, meanwhile, were tenth in the league, with a .014 difference.)

That means Memphis spent the whole season sending their opponents to the line more than they got there, which makes Fizdale’s complaint a bit harder to take at face value. The disparity with the Spurs may not have been because of officiating in a single game, but more likely because the Grizzlies’ inside shots often rely on pivot moves or quick stops instead of the bruising drives that are rewarded with free throws, and because of their season-long penchant for fouling shooters.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Hand Row posted:

Maybe that is your joke but it is Ray Allen.

That doesn't look like Ray either.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Kibner posted:

I don't know about that, but Rick used to do a thread where ever image included Kobe. Which was pretty fun. Wonder if we need to flip that to LeBron now...

I managed to still get Kobe in all of the pictures at this year's deadline

I imagine its gonna get harder to pull off every year

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

I see your numbers and raise you the countless bows I saw Marc, Zbo, and Mike take to no whistle. They may have been bad about fouling, but that doesn't change the weird disparity in FT shooting for a game

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

The Glumslinger posted:

I managed to still get Kobe in all of the pictures at this year's deadline

I imagine its gonna get harder to pull off every year

The year is 2067. On Neo-SAS, the Favorite Player Thread still occurs. All currently active players only have photos playing with RoboKobe, save one original. /vc/

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Hello I love this

https://twitter.com/fredkatz/status/854404114603757568

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
http://www.sbnation.com/2017/4/18/15339448/david-fizdale-fouls-referees-no-call-grizzlies-vs-spurs

I expect very little out of these writers but this comes in under my expectations.

A lot of these are good calls. You have an entire game to cherry pick from, why use things like the Mills play or the Gasol jump ball that were correct calls? As a professional ref watcher this is some amateur work.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

mormonpartyboat posted:

im glad someone is calling out kawaii's showboating

Kawhi has 1 WS in only two playoff games. He was totally coasting in the regular season.

Quizzlefish posted:

Amazingly fivethirtyeight has the Wiz as the favourite to make the finals.

It gives the bulls nearly the same odds as the cavs. Surely they don't believe this?!

It has all those teams in the 1-4% title shot range. It's not much of a difference. The 2017 Cavaliers have many team/individual measurements that place them on the far, far fringes of teams to win a title.

The main thing to take away is that the Warriors/Spurs are way ahead of all the other teams (in many simulations).

TildeATH posted:

Zogo, you of all synthetic lifeforms should appreciate his focus on data.

A misuse of data. Libertine's post covers it in that their defensive FTr has been trash all year.

Fizdale is arguing from the classic "all teams should take the same amount of FTs" book.

They were outrebounded and they shot like Charles Barkley from 3P range.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Spacebump posted:

NBA playgrounds posted a picture today that reveals some of the players in the game.
Real lame if Jordan and Kobe refused to be in this game/asked for too much money.
http://www.operationsports.com/news/907510/some-players-from-the-nba-playgrounds-roster-have-been-revealed/

It's very important to me that I can get Kemp and Penny on the court at the same time and then just throw oops and shoot threes and do nothing else

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Time posted:

gonna be even more amazing when the Grizz come back from 3-0 to win the series

Kibner posted:

I don't know about that, but Rick used to do a thread where every image included Kobe. Which was pretty fun. Wonder if we need to flip that to LeBron now...

I was going to do one with Harden but never got round to it.

chunkles fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Apr 18, 2017

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

This has to result in a Spalding commercial where Russ takes a basketball on a date, puts it in a rowboat, and so on

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Spalding is My Friend and He's Going to Post in NBA N/V

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

I liked the comment (by some poster here I think?) calling it "Or maybe Wilson" because that brought that whole Tom Hanks movie in....or am I being Captain Obvious again?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Russ is planning to one-up LeBron and Space Jam 2 by making Castaway 2 but it's just going to be Russ dunking on his "friend," Devin Kurant, for an hour and a half.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Mr. Mambold posted:

I liked the comment (by some poster here I think?) calling it "Or maybe Wilson" because that brought that whole Tom Hanks movie in....or am I being Captain Obvious again?

I thought Russ himself said the or maybe Wilson part

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Spacebump posted:

This is just a small amount of the players. From the gameplay video I watched it looks like every team gets 4 active players.

Hmmm. Towns, Wiggins, Rubio, Lavine? Yeah that'd be cool.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Time posted:

I thought Russ himself said the or maybe Wilson part

I just woke up from a nap. But that would be masterful.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

NickRoweFillea posted:

The SAS Favorite Player Thread needs to make a comeback

Also, yeah.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

fast cars loose anus posted:

Thanks.

It was the Ball Don't Lie player rankings in 2010, and O.J. Mayo was the player in question (although a Google makes it look like Mayo was only in the SG rankings, and he used a different defender for each position)

Unfortunately, it looks like all the images are gone now

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

https://twitter.com/ScottWalker/status/854419576104378368

👀

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I would love to know what some Bucks members think about that gesture.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

I hope the Raptors break them.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

xbilkis posted:

It was the Ball Don't Lie player rankings in 2010, and O.J. Mayo was the player in question (although a Google makes it look like Mayo was only in the SG rankings, and he used a different defender for each position)

Unfortunately, it looks like all the images are gone now

Ha that was it thanks; too bad it's lost to the internet black hole

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I'm sure the immigrant star of the Milwaukee Bucks is absolutely thrilled.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Spoeank posted:

I'm sure the immigrant star of the Milwaukee Bucks is absolutely thrilled.

Thon Maker would be banned from the state's

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Who then would make all our Thons

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
We would have to import our Thons from Sudan, likely with with high tariffs, which is bad for the consumer

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.

Raptors in 5

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
Idk does it say the team was involved

If so gently caress the bucks, holy poo poo how tone-deaf can you be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Spencer Hawes, white power forward, is probably legit excited.

• Locked thread