Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Mr. Squishy posted:

He also did this, which had me guessing for a bit

the feministlgbtqueer group at my uni also use my little pony imagery, i dont ask why, i guess bronyiism is here to stay :ussr:

edit:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Which piece is DEBT?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Technowolf posted:

Which piece is DEBT?

The crooked penis

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

But how do you checkmate an opponent that has no King?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

I would actually like to try a chess game like that as the pawns. Just slowly march up the board whilst any aggressive move made by the other side is punished.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Skippy Granola posted:

That's part of the message. The rich can only win through annihilation :black101:

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

I actually like that. As long as the pawns stay close and cover each other, they can punch above their weight and grind their way across the board.

Then back all the bougie pieces into a corner and off with their heads :black101:

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'

So... what is this even supposed to mean? Why is there a Fish comic that needs more words?

Skippy Granola posted:

And the other side has two kings, which makes it even more difficult for them.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

LaserShark posted:

So... what is this even supposed to mean? Why is there a Fish comic that needs more words?

And the other side has two kings, which makes it even more difficult for them.

The only way for the masses to win is to cross the board and promote to the elite, sealing their own demise. A Bobby Fischer Cartoon.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

LaserShark posted:

Regardless of (skin) color, the pawns (poor) are in a fight against the higher tier pieces (the rich and social elites), who are united regardless of their color. Take it as either a call to unite and grind the board into dust, or a "hey this is how things really are."

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Knights are going to absolutely wreck that.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
ETA:^^^Also that.

TGLT posted:

Regardless of (skin) color, the pawns (poor) are in a fight against the higher tier pieces (the rich and social elites), who are united regardless of their color. Take it as either a call to unite and grind the board into dust, or a "hey this is how things really are."

If it's how things really are, there should be a line of pawns in front of the elite.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

On one side pawns, workers.

On the other side aristocrats, kings, queens, parts of the religious hierarchy.

Pawns are a mix of black and white guys.

The rich class is a mix of white and black guys.

Is not about race, is about class warfare.

Edit:
Identity Politics and Class Warfare are two important things and work better mixed. Theres not one or the other. You can't have freedom without equality, or equality without freedom. We want everybody to be equal AND have a good life, not either. It would just be dumb to fight to be equal, and to be everyone equal and poor.

Tei fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Apr 18, 2017

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Discendo Vox posted:

Knights are going to absolutely wreck that.

Just like the Peterloo Massacre.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Avenging_Mikon posted:

ETA:^^^Also that.

If it's how things really are, there should be a line of pawns in front of the elite.

You mean, Chess.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
The Americans for Limited Government logo makes this :discourse:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001
New Kelly!

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The elite side should not be half-black.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
Oy Vey-grant.
Genius

e: fixed the Bors cartoon

Sandpuppy fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Apr 18, 2017

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Sure, it's in the service of BOOGA BOOGA MIDDLE EASTERNERS, but....Branco admits that the Syria situation is hopelessly complex? And not, say, one easily solved with rooty-tooty-point-and-shooty? Huh.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Branco's not actually trying to make a point here, this is just how all Middle Easterners look to him.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Cloud Potato posted:

:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the strongman leaders' club – As Turkey votes to give Recep Tayyip Erdoğan virtually dictatorial powers, the trend for the strongman leader is growing around the world"

The Circus of Estruction?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Actually Judge-Inquisitors look like this:

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Rorus Raz, I say Pia Guerra deserves a spot in the OP. She's a comic book artist turned political cartoonist, and now apparently draws for The Nib.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Trogdos! posted:

Rorus Raz, I say Pia Guerra deserves a spot in the OP. She's a comic book artist turned political cartoonist, and now apparently draws for The Nib.

I didn't know LBJ was an accountant for Trump.

Yeah, she's great and one of my new favorites.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
Mike Flugennock is one of the few really good leftist cartoonists we got, and it's incomprehensible to me how people look at his toons and see a conservative. :psyduck:

Why is this missing the first panel? https://thenib.com/onward-christian-soldiers

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

tyblazitar posted:

Mike Flugennock is one of the few really good leftist cartoonists we got, and it's incomprehensible to me how people look at his toons and see a conservative. :psyduck:
There's a tendency among some people on the left to respond to everything lovely that Trump and a Republican controlled government do with "You know who's really to blame here? Democrats." Coincidentally, this is the same argument used by Trump and his supporters. It's natural to occasionally get them confused.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I wish these artists had actually read some Dredd. He has in fact not only been part of re-instituting the right to religious freedom in Mega City One but also directly made democratic Mayoral elections a reality. It's also because of him that several other progressive politics have been made law.
Judge Dredd is good and cool, unlike most American politicians.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Huh. That's how it appeared on thenib.com when I grabbed it. Maybe they just forgot to upload panel one till after. The comic makes a bit more sense now.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

This law passed 2 years ago but was never signed for some reason. It's two pages long and just says "these dudes can hire actual police officers to do actual police work but only on their property" with ZERO outline of accountability. The real, actual police officers report solely to the church under their jurisdiction and rules. They're signing a blank check so the situation outlined in the comic above is not hyperbole, it can and will actually happen because who's going to stop them, who's going to know? Thank God the Church isn't known for covering things up or anything.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Arthur Crackpot
Sep 4, 2011

Proceed in a str8 line shaped like a perpetually shifting torus knot until you feel a sense of despair transcending all mortal comprehension, then hang a right at the next octopus, she'll be in the first room on the left

Nobody deserves to be assaulted with a Branco polititoon. Nobody.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Arthur Crackpot posted:

Nobody deserves to be assaulted with a Branco polititoon. Nobody.

Branco deserves to be assaulted, however.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

So gravity is a Masonic plot?

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure
I'm really curious about the bubbles in space tbh.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

smug n stuff posted:

I'm really curious about the bubbles in space tbh.

*puts envelope to forehead, closes eyes* in some space picture some lens artifact almost looks like bubbles if you squint, thereby proving that the whole thing was secretly filmed underwater to simulate floating in zero gravity.

How'd I do?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Taking 33 seconds to debunk flat earth seems, like, really bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Angepain posted:

*puts envelope to forehead, closes eyes* in some space picture some lens artifact almost looks like bubbles if you squint, thereby proving that the whole thing was secretly filmed underwater to simulate floating in zero gravity.

How'd I do?

I think its more just that Dees doesn't quite understand gravity, and is being reductive. So our atmosphere being a product of gravity attracting gases into a uniform layer around the earth is being mocked as "bubbles in space", and he thinks that real science would mean that the atmosphere should just float away.

I think. Remember, I'm trying to translate crazy.

• Locked thread