Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Centrist Dad
Nov 13, 2007

When I see your posting
College Slice

Which one do you think hurt more: initial pain while standing between the two cars vs. point-blank explosion to bare rear end and genitalia?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Crazycryodude posted:

What was the objective here?
If you had the opportunity to throw things at a busted water main could you really hold yourself back?

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Crazycryodude posted:

There is seldom a good explanation for stupidity.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Crazycryodude posted:

Humble beginnings of the welsh space program?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Crazycryodude posted:

They heard a junk shot shut down the Deepwater Horizon well so they thought they'd give it a try

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Powershift posted:

Humble beginnings of the welsh space program?

Can't be, I don't see any sheep.

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

MrYenko posted:

Can't be, I don't see any sheep.

They aren't attempting colonization yet.

TerryLennox
Oct 12, 2009

There is nothing tougher than a tough Mexican, just as there is nothing gentler than a gentle Mexican, nothing more honest than an honest Mexican, and above all nothing sadder than a sad Mexican. -R. Chandler.

PhotoKirk posted:

They aren't attempting colonization yet.

And they still don't offer spousal insurance benefits to sheep, yet.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

I once saw an even dumber version of that - a valve in a fire hydrant had broken shooting a jet of water a good 30 foot in the air, blowing the hefty iron cover (British hydrants are normally in the ground under a cover rather than upright like in the US) 10 or so feet down the road. Some bloke in high-vis turned up, looked at it, then picked up the cover and threw it onto the water, blowing it clean over his head. I mean I can sort of understand that thinking - "Hmm, the cover is off and water is coming out, therefore if I put the cover back the water will stop". It's the sort of brainfart anyone can have. This doesn't explain why he tried it another three times, miraculously not braining himself or any of the crowd that had turned up to watch. At one pointhe was sort of trying to sneak up on it by sliding the cover along the ground with his foot, and of course as soon as it touched the water it flipped over (somehow not snapping his leg in two on the way past)

Then he got clever and thought it was the lack of weight that was the problem so held the cover against his arse and backed up to the water, I guess thinking he'd be able to sit down on it? The next second or so was very, very busy and I'm really not sure what happened but I do know he ended up face-down a good yard away with all of the clothes on the upper half of his body torn off, his trousers and underwear around his ankles, and the cover broken in two next to him. All in all he managed to muster a surprising amount of dignity as he pulled his trousers up and wandered off with some (presumably) more qualified people who'd turned up. I bet he wouldn't feel the need to have a shower (or colonic irrigation) for quite a while.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I once saw an even dumber version of that - a valve in a fire hydrant had broken shooting a jet of water a good 30 foot in the air, blowing the hefty iron cover (British hydrants are normally in the ground under a cover rather than upright like in the US) 10 or so feet down the road. Some bloke in high-vis turned up, looked at it, then picked up the cover and threw it onto the water, blowing it clean over his head. I mean I can sort of understand that thinking - "Hmm, the cover is off and water is coming out, therefore if I put the cover back the water will stop". It's the sort of brainfart anyone can have. This doesn't explain why he tried it another three times, miraculously not braining himself or any of the crowd that had turned up to watch. At one pointhe was sort of trying to sneak up on it by sliding the cover along the ground with his foot, and of course as soon as it touched the water it flipped over (somehow not snapping his leg in two on the way past)

Then he got clever and thought it was the lack of weight that was the problem so held the cover against his arse and backed up to the water, I guess thinking he'd be able to sit down on it? The next second or so was very, very busy and I'm really not sure what happened but I do know he ended up face-down a good yard away with all of the clothes on the upper half of his body torn off, his trousers and underwear around his ankles, and the cover broken in two next to him. All in all he managed to muster a surprising amount of dignity as he pulled his trousers up and wandered off with some (presumably) more qualified people who'd turned up. I bet he wouldn't feel the need to have a shower (or colonic irrigation) for quite a while.

Was this the guy?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

That used to be a truck carrying 4 tons of gas, apparently, before rear-ending something.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Suddenly, I understand the term "suicide jockey" way better

5er
Jun 1, 2000

To be that car that was closest, speeding the hell away...

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Yeesh. We almost got rear ended on the highway yesterday because we had to do some heavy braking. Some idiot went flying off the road into the grass past us as we heard their brakes lock up. Scary poo poo.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

mobby_6kl posted:

That used to be a truck carrying 4 tons of gas, apparently, before rear-ending something.

It also vaporized whatever he had rear-ended, I would imagine.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

HardDiskD posted:

It also vaporized whatever he had rear-ended, I would imagine.
It was a slow moving dump truck, apparently doing 5-10 MPH in the right lane without four-ways or any other indication that they're well under highway speed according to witnesses.

Dump truck driver died, tanker driver went to the hospital but it wasn't anything life threatening IIRC.

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

wolrah posted:

It was a slow moving dump truck, apparently doing 5-10 MPH in the right lane without four-ways or any other indication that they're well under highway speed according to witnesses.

Dump truck driver died, tanker driver went to the hospital but it wasn't anything life threatening IIRC.

link? how is it the tanker prime mover driver is in between the dump truck and a massive fireball yet he gets out while the dump truck driver dies

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT posted:

link? how is it the tanker prime mover driver is in between the dump truck and a massive fireball yet he gets out while the dump truck driver dies

your avatar is loving mesmerizing

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
it really should be just decapitating clippy though

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT posted:

http://www.nola.com/traffic/index.ssf/2017/04/laplace_dump-truck_driver_kill.html

Dump truck flipped on its side. Sounds like the driver may have been basically trapped at that point, or was knocked out until it was too late.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

They don't gently caress around at the Fargo cemetery.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

i would bet a million dollars that this is from jutland

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
http://i.imgur.com/vqs8AQsh.gifv

Wait for it.

Edit: can't tell if this has embedded properly or not, phoneposting

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Memento posted:

Wait for it.

It hasn't on my end.

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.

Memento posted:

should be

Wait for it.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Still doesn't work, only shows the first frame for me, even when loaded in other browsers.

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPkKV6wvLxI

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

and so this is the first time I've realized that a shipping container on a trailer can be opened from either end...

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

Memento posted:

Wait for it.

I'm not the only one who was waiting for a third slightly bigger forklift to come along, right?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Messadiah posted:

and so this is the first time I've realized that a shipping container on a trailer can be opened from either end...

Not always, containers can be single or double ended.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Wall Balls posted:

I believe the car has a Dutch as in Netherlands, not Denmark, but you knew that, right? license plate.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Wall Balls posted:

I'll take that bet

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Carbon dioxide posted:

I believe the car has a Dutch as in Netherlands, not Denmark, but you knew that, right? license plate.

Who thinks Dutch refers to Denmark? Those are Danes.

Default Settings
May 29, 2001

Keep your 'lectric eye on me, babe

flosofl posted:

Have you never heard about Dutch Denmark? The British call it Dogger Bank.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!
https://twitter.com/D9999/status/850626953388244992

smh, that racoon isn't wearing a harness.

The Dark One fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Apr 18, 2017

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

flosofl posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5afEBHlDjas

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
http://i.imgur.com/zHxRun1.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

"We could totally race these bro!"