Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

TheAgent posted:

I also made $40k less than in 2015. cry for me, thread

Oh you Lucky Ducky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

TheAgent posted:

I went from owing the IRS $16,000 in 2015 to getting back $7.5k this year

taxes are weird

Yes....Yes they are..and sort of in the same boat as you. You haven't lived until you got a IRS letter with the 3rd Reich eagle printed in black on the envelope and a letter printed from a dot matrix printer from 1983.

gently caress it, time to buy an Armada package and let Roberts take control of my destiny with my projected refund. See my refund in the 'verse.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

kingcom posted:

Please explain this you hack fraud.

Well, the most important thing is the idea and that's where you need a visionary like Croberts.

Once a genius has come up with the idea you create the UI and that's where most of the hard work is.

Now a dev just has to layer on some code to get it working.

And finally you layer on some more fidelity.

Also this is so stupid and wrong I'm now 100% sure it's the CIG method.

"OK guys, our artists came up with this sweet ship and UI, now it's dev's turn to make all the buttons and switches do something. Oh, and make sure it's highly immersive with maximum fidelity! "

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

The nogame can become good with a big thick layer of fidelity.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Zzr posted:

Im gonna spray my fidelity all over it and layer it in good. Real good.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Game gets better as everything gets layered on and covered up.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

TheAgent posted:

the email address I was using to receive leaks was flagged as a spam account and was shut down today

awesome

This sounds like bullshit. if the account was just receiving emails it cant get flagged as spam since it's not sending anything.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

TheAgent posted:

I also made $40k less than in 2015. cry for me, thread

Come to Florida. No state tax, alligators and all the tourists you can eat.

Downside is you have to work for EA Sports.

Great Cuban food, though.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

maybe we are too entrenched in our own toxicity to notice

man i'm gonna go listen to system of a down

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016
Derek has had this chart posted to Twitter now for 7 hours and the spergs over there on r/ds don't seem interested in archiving it.

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/854427557952974848

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Hey dudes, I've been cleaning up our drama encyclopedia and some of the links are now dead. Specifically Chris Roberts reply/rant about the escapist article. (they erased it? lol)

Do any of you have a screenshot? It really needs to stay in there because, sheesh, what a meltdown. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3773270&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I'm definitely weeing what's missing from Star Citizen.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

spacetoaster posted:

Hey dudes, I've been cleaning up our drama encyclopedia and some of the links are now dead. Specifically Chris Roberts reply/rant about the escapist article. (they erased it? lol)

Do any of you have a screenshot? It really needs to stay in there because, sheesh, what a meltdown. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3773270&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1
Derek probably has it framed and hanging in his house.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

thatguy posted:

Derek probably has it framed and hanging in his house.
For any FYAD reading along I wasn't referring to Derek criminally framing or lynching anyone.

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

DapperDon posted:

Derek has had this chart posted to Twitter now for 7 hours and the spergs over there on r/ds don't seem interested in archiving it.

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/854427557952974848

VealCutlet fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Apr 19, 2017

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Zzr posted:

CIG are gonna need a trowel the size of Manhattan to apply the requisite amount of fidelity.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

TheAgent posted:

and I wanna nab a pack of citcon tix this year so titanic and rasloasdkksov and whoever else can come get drunk and talk about spaceships

Unless it's happening in LA I am not going. Germany for Citcon? Never in my life. See you in 2018 Goonfriend.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Colostomy Bag posted:

Yes....Yes they are..and sort of in the same boat as you. You haven't lived until you got a IRS letter with the 3rd Reich eagle printed in black on the envelope and a letter printed from a dot matrix printer from 1983.

gently caress it, time to buy an Armada package and let Roberts take control of my destiny with my projected refund. See my refund in the 'verse.

You should see if your Armada investment is deductible.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

"...the direction ED is going..."

You mean "forward"?

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

The Rabbi T. White posted:

Oh you Lucky Ducky.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Did a google news search for "Star Citizen Chris Roberts" and have to say I'm shocked at the amount of positive press this thing is getting.

But there are a couple of diamonds in the rough.

https://heatst.com/gaming/huge-crowdfunded-project-star-citizen-gets-negative-articles-scrubbed-from-web/

quote:

That is, if it ever comes out. Star Citizen has been in development by Cloud Imperium Games since 2011, promising empty release dates since 2014. Every year it seems like new features are promised, yet not much is actually delivered. The game in a basic form is available now to its highly enthusiastic backers, who can purchase space ships through donations. The full package of every ship costs $15,000 and some people have actually ponied this up.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

spacetoaster posted:

Did a google news search for "Star Citizen Chris Roberts" and have to say I'm shocked at the amount of positive press this thing is getting.

But there are a couple of diamonds in the rough.

https://heatst.com/gaming/huge-crowdfunded-project-star-citizen-gets-negative-articles-scrubbed-from-web/

I'd say it's a combination of things like they don't have time to dig deeper, and they don't want to have to deal with the wrath of the Commando Cult

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

dealing with the wrath of the citizens, plus whatever ambiguous legal mud cig throws, is probably a pretty good disincentive.

also the whole article would be the usual "oh here's more promises that it's coming". and then it becomes an argument about believing cig. because solid intel on cig's internal practice is borderline impossible to come by, there's not a lot more to report on other than that, unless you want to deep-dive into derek smart blog posts. and even then you have to knuckle down and drag through his "two weeks they're hosed legal action inevitable the end" hyperbole, plus all the convuluted interior linking, to make sense of it.

what i guess i'm saying is, this thread is actually the best place for star citizen news and analysis. and this thread is loving bonkersgreat

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I'll be really curious to see the books once this all goes the way of Enron, especially to get a tally on how much was spent on Crobberts taking first class flights every other week for no reason other than to 'oversee' something

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Sappo569 posted:

I'll be really curious to see the books once this all goes the way of Enron, especially to get a tally on how much was spent on Crobberts taking first class flights every other week for no reason other than to 'oversee' something

When unapproving work it's critical to do it face to face so you can best convay why the other person is a failure and will never reach your level.

The wild hand flailing required just does not translate accurately over email or skype.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
r u ok commando?

Thoatse fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Apr 19, 2017

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Thoatse posted:

r u ok commando?

I call it "Lesnick Ascending Sofa"

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Yeah, that was me yesterday. "Boy," I thought to myself, wrapping up my 149th hour on the steam version of Elite (and probably triple that overall), "I really am unhappy with the direction this game is going."

As I thought this, I hit the boost on my fully engineered combat fitted Imperial Cutter, snaking into the station mailbox just ahead of another player's slow-rear end cruise-liner coming to land on autopilot. Quince was way, way more full of players than I thought it'd be, due to the newest "Exploit" which involved running passenger missions from the station to a beacon literally 20 seconds away. I had picked up a bunch of wanted passengers and didn't want to get tagged by station security on my way back in, so I didn't stick around to wait in the slow queue of Blue Danube-playing motherfuckers. Luckily the Cutter is 3,000 tons of shielded gently caress-you, and doesn't really encounter obstacles, when going full speed, so much as suffer moderate turbulence and leave a field of devastation in its' wake.

"I mean, the game is an inch deep!" I mentally repeated for the seven thousandth time, as I navigated the menu in the station and ordered a bunch of my core internal equipment transferred to the station. I'd gotten kind of bored with the passenger running and figured I'd throw in my fighter hangar and go host a multicrew session at one of the four or five conflict zones dotting Quince, as it was apparently in a state of civil war. I can only assume Quince is in a civil war because so many commanders are assisting all factions equally, and something about the rapid growth in strength triggers a conflict state in the background sim. I don't know, the way Elite does background mechanics has always been kind of obscure.

"There's just so little to do, and the devs aren't listening to their players" I lamented as I queued up to join a multi-crew session while waiting for my ship components to transfer. I was placed in the jumpseat of somebody's federal corvette and immediately launched to go fly my fighter around their mothership, along with the host and another player doing the same thing. "I feel like the only thing left to do is go poo poo on Star Citizen, which is much better in every way" I mused while hugging the belly of an assault ship to keep its forward-facing guns from tracking my unbelievably fragile little fighter, dumping plasma repeater rounds into it all the while. "I remember that one time in SC where I shot at a dude from space with my rifle and he died and then t-posed through the floor and then his ship exploded for no reason and jerkily spun off in a hundred different directions. So immersive! Elite will never match that," I reflected sadly as the three of us took on a 3-man-wing composed of an anaconda and two eagles in a rolicking, deadly laser-light show through the asteroid field that was our current hunting ground. Battles won and items finally transferred, I left the session and collected my meager earnings.

"It's just too bad that they didn't have Chris Roberts' vision" was my sad thought, as I surveyed the in-game galactic news before leaving for one of the conflict zones. Turns out a year-old forum and internet based ARG had come to its conclusion, with players discovering an abandoned megaship far out in one arm of the galaxy, along with a bunch of audio logs furthering the shared story line. "Some day, when Star Citizen is out and good, people are going to be asking hard questions about what went wrong with this game" I concluded, boosting back out of the station. I had several hours of shallow, tepid gameplay to experience before I logged off, and I couldn't spend all night worrying about what might have been. But I was resolved that tomorrow, I would really let those Citizens feel my grief. It was time to post... Dangerously.

Sarsapariller fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Apr 19, 2017

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Layering in the fidelity

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Lladre posted:

This sounds like bullshit. if the account was just receiving emails it cant get flagged as spam since it's not sending anything.
I responded to stuff I was sent all the time

it wasn't some totally secret untraceable email or anything and I had plenty of conversations with internet people

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
EJECT IN ARENA COMMANDER, THEN KILL ENEMY WITH THE SHOTGUN.

ACTUAL RESULT
You are able to kill NPC pilots when they are waiting for you to respawn.

EXPECTED RESULT
Make them fly around so you cant hit them with the first person weapons. (great bug though!!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNJCzYSwjs0

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGhPejkJGpc

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
EXPECTED RESULT
no loss of gravity
I expect the EVA controls to work for all armors equally: I EVA a lot, it's not that I made a mistake in pushing the wrong buttons or having a screwed up keybinding.
The rear shields to work
To respawn as normal.
The game ends, the player with the largest amount of points wins.
Crusader and aera18 must not disappear
Access to my friend's server, should be automatic
Move to the elevator and exit ship. Fly into space and do your mission. Come back to ship that is not spinning. Enter Elevator and close it. Walk to pilot seat and fly off into space with yourself in ship.
No duplicate text in midair.
That i was gonna Respawn
That i have control of my character and i i can move normally.
Looting the booze bottle as normal without breaking the character movement
Freely enter, leave and reenter the cockpit.
I expect any armor glitch to be fixed on re-equip.
I configure my cutlass or hornet vessel on the head attachment point. I put a gimbal s3 sawbuck gun and ammo pack. I save and apply to the ship. And after a tt momment I have a 10002 error, connection problem. Which exists only on starcitizen. And that goes out.
Anything but exploding the ship and crashing framerates for the server.
shouldn't be happening
if you make a spring sale please make sure it works
The Ship should not speed up after leaving the mobiglas or the menu.
Expected to be able to swap weapons between the two ships without incident
Pilot should dismount to a location beside the pilot's seat still inside the ship.
Warning labels are not mirrored
I should be able to finish the game.
Label is not mirrored when viewed at any distance
NPCs, both enemies and allies should proceed with their routine program
Working ability to adjust power levels
The ship, being much heavier than the player, should not move at all. The player should be able to climb in without shoving the ship away.
The sticker "WARNING" should be written readable.
You should go out as you came in.
The /help text should scroll up normally like all other text.
but wanted to play Star Marine
Button should be visible at all times.
back to game menu you can check my error dump from 2017-04-17 20:52 CET
Nothing should happen that way
HUD should not be visible in the menus.
That It fit
That a S4 item can be spawned on a S2-4 fix point
usually, it clears the moment I initiate my Quantum Drive
Normal liftoff from criminal asteroid station
Ship remains stationary
Lights should be able to be toggled
Attaching weapons to hardpoints should reduce the number of unattached weapons. Attaching additional weapons should leave the previously attached weapon where it was.
Recommend launcher auto closes on game launch.
Player does not fall through floor
I should be able to see the screen layout properly and my camera view should be from the cockpit.
Should have been unable to push into the wall and subsequently into the abyss.
Nothing much else to say
I`m not able to properly scroll up with the mouse wheel
When the game crashes the crash handler should read the data.
Proper animation
i would expect to not be able to run through the door. i would like to have to hit the first button to open the door and then after hitting the second button inside the pressure room, i should wait the appropriate amount of time and have the second door open, allowing me to advance to my destination
Stay inside the ship.
To be able to play the game as chris roberts intended, using my flight stick or at least to be given an error code so I can begin to fix it please.
Expect max window to remain so.
Character should not contort body parts to reach object

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-ln9uPvUBM

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Cosmic radiation mutation powers are IN!

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Sarsapariller posted:

Yeah, that was me yesterday. "Boy," I thought to myself, wrapping up my 149th hour on the steam version of Elite (and probably triple that overall), "I really am unhappy with the direction this game is going."

As I thought this, I hit the boost on my fully engineered combat fitted Imperial Cutter, snaking into the station mailbox just ahead of another player's slow-rear end cruise-liner coming to land on autopilot. Quince was way, way more full of players than I thought it'd be, due to the newest "Exploit" which involved running passenger missions from the station to a beacon literally 20 seconds away. I had picked up a bunch of wanted passengers and didn't want to get tagged by station security on my way back in, so I didn't stick around to wait in the slow queue of Blue Danube-playing motherfuckers. Luckily the Cutter is 3,000 tons of shielded gently caress-you, and doesn't really encounter obstacles, when going full speed, so much as suffer moderate turbulence and leave a field of devastation in its' wake.

"I mean, the game is an inch deep!" I mentally repeated for the seven thousandth time, as I navigated the menu in the station and ordered a bunch of my core internal equipment transferred to the station. I'd gotten kind of bored with the passenger running and figured I'd throw in my fighter hangar and go host a multicrew session at one of the four or five conflict zones dotting Quince, as it was apparently in a state of civil war. I can only assume Quince is in a civil war because so many commanders are assisting all factions equally, and something about the rapid growth in strength triggers a conflict state in the background sim. I don't know, the way Elite does background mechanics has always been kind of obscure.

"There's just so little to do, and the devs aren't listening to their players" I lamented as I queued up to join a multi-crew session while waiting for my ship components to transfer. I was placed in the jumpseat of somebody's federal corvette and immediately launched to go fly my fighter around their mothership, along with the host and another player doing the same thing. "I feel like the only thing left to do is go poo poo on Star Citizen, which is much better in every way" I mused while hugging the belly of an assault ship to keep its forward-facing guns from tracking my unbelievably fragile little fighter, dumping plasma repeater rounds into it all the while. "I remember that one time in SC where I shot at a dude from space with my rifle and he died and then t-posed through the floor and then his ship exploded for no reason and jerkily spun off in a hundred different directions. So immersive! Elite will never match that," I reflected sadly as the three of us took on a 3-man-wing composed of an anaconda and two eagles in a rolicking, deadly laser-light show through the asteroid field that was our current hunting ground. Battles won and items finally transferred, I left the session and collected my meager earnings.

"It's just too bad that they didn't have Chris Roberts' vision" was my sad thought, as I surveyed the in-game galactic news before leaving for one of the conflict zones. Turns out a year-old forum and internet based ARG had come to its conclusion, with players discovering an abandoned megaship far out in one arm of the galaxy, along with a bunch of audio logs furthering the shared story line. "Some day, when Star Citizen is out and good, people are going to be asking hard questions about what went wrong with this game" I concluded, boosting back out of the station. I had several hours of shallow, tepid gameplay to experience before I logged off, and I couldn't spend all night worrying about what might have been. But I was resolved that tomorrow, I would really let those Citizens feel my grief. It was time to post... Dangerously.

:golfclap: That was quite excellent!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Sarsapariller posted:

ty for this
reposted this on reddit and got 5+ responses in a few minutes early on a Wednesday morning. they salty.
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/669ai2/do_you_guys_think_well_ever_have_a_massive_battle/

TrustmeImLegit fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Apr 19, 2017