Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Lup's been hinted at for a while. At one point the Umbra Staff uses scorching ray to spell out her name, and another time the Red Robe Barry Bluejeans has a bit of a breakdown and says her name, so this goes back at least as far as Petals to the Metal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

Drunkboxer posted:

I think it would be a mistake to consider creations from Touch the Skyrim and TMF to represent humans at all

Susan Crushbone is an orc :colbert:

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Captain Internet posted:

First I had heard of Lupe was in the past 3 episodes and just found out she was a trans in the most recent episode.
We all found out she was trans in the last episode. We're in the "your stolen past" bit where we all learn backstory we didn't know before. Expect a lot more character detail about Lup, Davenport, Barry Bluejeans, and the Director.

e: From an in-story point of view, it's neat that she's Taako's (presumably) identical twin. From an out-of-story point of view, I think it's neat because representation is always neat.

Arsenic Lupin fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Apr 17, 2017

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I take it the opposite way. I'm interested in her, but really hope we get more out of her outside of being Taako Too, because I find that kind of boring and a really lazy way of handling a character that's going to be really important to one of the PC's and a major NPC.

Huh, apparently I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

inthesto posted:

Huh, apparently I'm not the only one who feels this way.
I do too, and I am excited to see more characterization for her. I'm not judging yet 'cause there was just so little of that in this episode.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

e: From an in-story point of view, it's neat that she's Taako's (presumably) identical twin. From an out-of-story point of view, I think it's neat because representation is always neat.
:agreed: on both counts

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
I have found it fun how this campaign, like almost all long-running tabletop D&D games I've ever played in, slowly bent into sci-fi/"space exploration" and hybridization with other rulesets. It's really quite uncanny. I guess it just never fails.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Is there a single place that rolls up the schedule for all the McElroy shows? Or, better yet, a list of what's updated most recently?

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Is there a single place that rolls up the schedule for all the McElroy shows? Or, better yet, a list of what's updated most recently?

So https://mcelroyshows.com from a list perspective ( no scheuldes) and then cross referencing with the OP is probably the best you'll get.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Cael posted:

So https://mcelroyshows.com from a list perspective ( no scheuldes) and then cross referencing with the OP is probably the best you'll get.

No, it was the schedule part I wanted. Basically, "It's Monday, what might update today?"

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
Till Death Do Us Blart is at least really easy to track.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

MBMBAM is Mondays
TAZ is every other Thursday
Peacecraft was Wednesday, and I'd imagine any new solo project of his would too
Car Boys is usually Thursdays, sometimes Fridays
Touch the Skyrim and Monster Factory are officially alternating Fridays, but MF is less adherent to the regular schedule.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Waffleman_ posted:

MBMBAM is Mondays
Touch the Skyrim and Monster Factory are officially alternating Fridays, but MF is less adherent to the regular schedule.

Coolgames Inc is also every Friday, anytime between 3:00PM and midnight EST

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I take it the opposite way. I'm interested in her, but really hope we get more out of her outside of being Taako Too, because I find that kind of boring and a really lazy way of handling a character that's going to be really important to one of the PC's and a major NPC.

I agree she's pretty loosely sketched at this point, but I do feel like there's one major difference so far, which is that she seems like less of a 'Taako's good out here' type and more of a 'Magnus rushes in/let's gently caress poo poo up' type.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

MBMBAM is Mondays

Thank you! Rose Buddies is Tuesday; Sawbones is -- wait for it -- irregular.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

showbiz_liz posted:

I agree she's pretty loosely sketched at this point, but I do feel like there's one major difference so far, which is that she seems like less of a 'Taako's good out here' type and more of a 'Magnus rushes in/let's gently caress poo poo up' type.

Do you think Taako's "good out here" attitude might come from something that happens to Lupe as a result of her rushing in?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

SpacePig posted:

Do you think Taako's "good out here" attitude might come from something that happens to Lupe as a result of her rushing in?

I got the idea that he might be that way because in this 'life' he doesn't remember Lup and is probably more cautious since as far as he remembers, he only had himself to depend on. Might just be Taako being Taako though

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
this was a real loving good MBMBAM

Travis is a goddamn monster

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I hope the next TAZ uses the Apocalypse system. It's much better for what they like to do and it's so versatile. Well, it's easy to make things overly simple if you're not careful.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Inzombiac posted:

I hope the next TAZ uses the Apocalypse system. It's much better for what they like to do and it's so versatile. Well, it's easy to make things overly simple if you're not careful.

I think a loose version of a more complex system like D&D has actually added something, at least for Clint and Justin. Some of the best moments have come from them half reading a spell description then absolutely breaking the game by using it incorrectly. All the weird rear end spells and skills in D&D have prompted some really cool ideas, and I don't know if those cool moments of inspiration will come with a system that's just "think of an action, roll to do action". I mean, they're funny and creative guys, so they may still do well, but I think it might miss a little something.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

I think a loose version of a more complex system like D&D has actually added something, at least for Clint and Justin. Some of the best moments have come from them half reading a spell description then absolutely breaking the game by using it incorrectly.
That's a really good point. Griffin's hilarious disbelief followed by "read me the description" is priceless.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Arsenic Lupin posted:

That's a really good point. Griffin's hilarious disbelief followed by "read me the description" is priceless.

"No no. This is good! Okay, this is how we're gonna do this..."

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The Modern Leper posted:

"No no. This is good! Okay, this is how we're gonna do this..."

Those moments when you can tell Griffin is adjusting his sitting position and getting closer to the mic are wonderful.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I don't know how many tweets it would take to get Car Boys to hit the Blob with several of the rotating giant hammers, but please help me reach them because holy poo poo I need to know what would happen. :redhammer:

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Bonk posted:

I don't know how many tweets it would take to get Car Boys to hit the Blob with several of the rotating giant hammers, but please help me reach them because holy poo poo I need to know what would happen. :redhammer:

I want them to float it on water and fire volleys of cannonballs from the sailing ship.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

I have one word for you: Hurricane!

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Bonk posted:

They need to drop the blob in the grinder

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Griffin was totally drunk for the intro to this week's Rose Buddies. (Or sleep-deprived; comes to the same thing.)

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Griffin was totally drunk for the intro to this week's Rose Buddies. (Or sleep-deprived; comes to the same thing.)

If I had to watch The Dating Game I would be pretty loving drunk by the end of it, too

Undead Hippo
Jun 2, 2013

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

I think a loose version of a more complex system like D&D has actually added something, at least for Clint and Justin. Some of the best moments have come from them half reading a spell description then absolutely breaking the game by using it incorrectly. All the weird rear end spells and skills in D&D have prompted some really cool ideas, and I don't know if those cool moments of inspiration will come with a system that's just "think of an action, roll to do action". I mean, they're funny and creative guys, so they may still do well, but I think it might miss a little something.

I agree that the DnD spell list has definitely led to some cool moments and sparked ideas in the players. The thing is, PbtA games have a similar thing in their move lists. Griffin's Apocalypse World hack has ripped this stuff out of the system they're using. It's the base "Roll 2d6+stat, 10 is a hit 7-9 a partial, 6 or less a miss. On a miss I do something as a consequence" but it takes out the fact that the players have cool game changing moves they can do. I feel like it's been stripped down so it's easier to explain to the players and listeners, but it leaves the player characters mechanically anemic and interchangeable. We're even missing the basic moves, which leaves things as very improv heavy.

Suffice to say, when they're actually playing a full version of a PbtA game, the players should still be able to get the "Huh, I wonder what would happen if I used this move here" experience.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Arsenic Lupin posted:

We all found out she was trans in the last episode. We're in the "your stolen past" bit where we all learn backstory we didn't know before. Expect a lot more character detail about Lup, Davenport, Barry Bluejeans, and the Director.

I was relistening to the ep and for that part Griffin just sort of lays out the trans identity factor without much fanfare except to say it's not really supposed to matter in terms of that identity primarily causing the twins to have the bad childhood that they had. It seemed like something that was already discussed behind the scenes by Justin/Griffin.

I think as far as overall representation it's good and doesn't need to be any more dramatic or emphatic than it was. On the other hand, it almost seems a little blasé in a campaign with advanced magic/sci fi, not to mention a system/setting that's had a magic belt that switches people's genders in it for like 40 years.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Spaced God posted:

If I had to watch The Dating Game I would be pretty loving drunk by the end of it, too

Griffin's usually pretty well lit if they record Rose Buddies(z) the night of. Fin du Monde is 9.0% ABV, only comes in 24oz bottles, and I don't imagine that Rachel is drinking an equal share if she's still breastfeeding.

Edit: I would love to see them talk about an episode of Studs, but I think it might actually kill them.

The Modern Leper fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Apr 18, 2017

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

dammit I couldn't stop myself from laughing out loud on the bus this morning at Travis's chicken scampi breakdown

The Modern Leper posted:

Griffin's usually pretty well lit if they record Rose Buddies(z) the night of. Fin du Monde is 9.0% ABV, only comes in 24oz bottles, and I don't imagine that Rachel is drinking an equal share if she's still breastfeeding.

Edit: I would love to see them talk about an episode of Studs, but I think it might actually kill them.
Naw, Unibroue distributes normal-sized bottles too, they're just not as common as the big ones outside of the Northeast in the US, in my experience.

(Also Trois Pistoles is better than Fin du Monde. :colbert:)

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

https://youtu.be/Yi1_c8FA8KI

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Travis is so full of poo poo. He probably microwaved a pop tart that night. He just backpeddled just like when he thought Shakespeare wrote the raven. What a goober.

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Travis is so full of poo poo. He probably microwaved a pop tart that night. He just backpeddled just like when he thought Shakespeare wrote the raven. What a goober.
I started feeling like Justin and Griffin were giving him too much poo poo and then I remembered the Andrew Johnson incident and I realized all bets are off the table.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Who even takes the time to warm up a poptart

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Serf posted:

Who even takes the time to warm up a poptart

me, in the loving microwave

Serf
May 5, 2011

Legs Benedict posted:

me, in the loving microwave

i eat them right out of the box, packaging and all

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Serf posted:

i eat them right out of the box, packaging and all

Out of the box? Sounds like too much effort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnlqgYWf5SI