Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Wow, how faithful is this wonder boy remake? The mechanics of the game are remarkably impressive for the time. Combat isn't great, but the abilities and exploration are really fun. I'm enjoying both graphical and music styles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

parallelodad posted:

Wow, how faithful is this wonder boy remake? The mechanics of the game are remarkably impressive for the time. Combat isn't great, but the abilities and exploration are really fun. I'm enjoying both graphical and music styles.

It's literally the same game, like I'm pretty sure you could even bring a save over from the original version with the password. It was a great game.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

My husband is bad at video games and I am stoked to play something with him :kiddo:

dawww

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
whats the latest virtual console gossip

Spellman
May 31, 2011

nes classic confirmed cancelled because they want to sell more switch

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

does anyone know just who specifically you need to contact to get a Joycon repaired/replaced?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

parallelodad posted:

So faithful it's basically identical! (No, really. You can take the password you get from the pig in the old game and put it in to this one AND you can take the passwords from this one and go back)

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

TFRazorsaw posted:

does anyone know just who specifically you need to contact to get a Joycon repaired/replaced?

Nintendo

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I mean what specific department? Is there an email? A phone number?

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Wonder Girl is a very fun game

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

TFRazorsaw posted:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I was thinking today that Nintendo should make an ant game. Basically a modern Sim Ant but with cute stylized graphics.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

SeANMcBAY posted:

I was thinking today that Nintendo should make an ant game. Basically a modern Sim Ant but with cute stylized graphics.

If you think about it, Pikmin is a spiritual sequel to SimAnt.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

TFRazorsaw posted:

This will help you.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

HyperPuma posted:

whats the latest virtual console gossip

Nothin, or wait for E3 I think.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

TFRazorsaw posted:

Just send it to my uncle.

KingEup
Nov 18, 2004
I am a REAL ADDICT
(to threadshitting)

Please ask me for my google inspired wisdom on shit I know nothing about. Actually, you don't even have to ask.

TFRazorsaw posted:

Do people honestly not know how to have something fixed?

Hi this is tech support, have you tried plugging it in sir? Have you moved your aquarium?

But I don't have an aquarium

Sir pls answer the question, have you moved your aquarium?

I told you already i don't have one!

Sir pls stop yelling or I will end this call

KingEup fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Apr 19, 2017

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

A tangent on Wonder Boy talk.
Is Monster Boy a remake too?

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

TFRazorsaw posted:

just call and ask for my uncle.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

So Monster Boy is a revival in the style of Wonder Boy right? (And somehow that is related to Adventure Island)

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Besides I am setsuna what's the rpg prognosis for Switch? I want something shameful and meaty.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
how well does metal slug 3 play on the joycons

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Besides I am setsuna what's the rpg prognosis for Switch? I want something shameful and meaty.

The jury's still out on the shame and meat levels, but this was announced:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRwi1bqXzTc

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Looks like fire hopping was taken out of MK8 Deluxe.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

You can legit buy Disgaea 5 now via the Japanese eShop, if you're chomping at the bit for a turn-based RPG.
Comes with a proper full English translation.

I'm hoping the demo isn't much longer as I have never played the series and am potentially very interested in grabbing it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Suspicious Cook posted:

The jury's still out on the shame and meat levels, but this was announced:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRwi1bqXzTc

This looks like entirely my jam.

That music is amazing.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Infinitum posted:

You can legit buy Disgaea 5 now via the Japanese eShop, if you're chomping at the bit for a turn-based RPG.
Comes with a proper full English translation.

I'm hoping the demo isn't much longer as I have never played the series and am potentially very interested in grabbing it.

Oh, yeah, forgot about that. Never been big on the srpgs though. Project Octopath traveler looks rad as heck and that new Xenoblade will probably have to suffice, in time.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I wish there was a chance of Persona 5 on Switch. It looks cool and I always wanted to try that series.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Wonderboy don't gently caress about.
If you die you gotta restart all the way from the town again.

gently caress fireballs is all I can say

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Oh, yeah, forgot about that. Never been big on the srpgs though. Project Octopath traveler looks rad as heck and that new Xenoblade will probably have to suffice, in time.

The potentially great thing about it is that you might be able to pick it up cheap-as-chips later when it goes on sale for $10 on Amazon Japan or whatever.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SeANMcBAY posted:

I wish there was a chance of Persona 5 on Switch. It looks cool and I always wanted to try that series.

Get a ps3 for way less than your switch cost

Tnega
Oct 26, 2010

Pillbug

Real hurthling! posted:

Get a ps3 for way less than your switch cost

Interesting, and what is your suggestion for someone who wants to play project diva?

Infinitum posted:

This looks like entirely my jam.

I was on board once i saw a mimic bite someone.

Whats your Switch Dream guys? Mine is a Pso ep. 1/2/4 Remake.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

English port of the Seiken Densetsu collection

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT0Kt_X4hCk

Secret of Mana is the only game I will always gladly buy again and again.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Tnega posted:

Interesting, and what is your suggestion for someone who wants to play project diva?

Buy a PS4 and/or Vita.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Tnega posted:

Buy it on vita

RME
Feb 20, 2012

hey while youre there how do you get netflix on the wii

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Mario Maker Switch that comes with SMB 1, 2, 3, and World. Also has a new well animated tile set. You can play any game in the series in any tile set. All complaints about first Mario Maker are fixed. (No slopes, not all the power ups, can upload levels together as worlds/a game, over world maker, etc) Supports every amiibo and you can use amiibo skins in all tile sets. (The more popular characters have special power-ups. (Squid Kids shoot paint etc)

Dreamy Souffle
Feb 22, 2011

Just cause
I like my diamonds bright
ain't saying I'm wrong
or if it's right but baby
I haven't been wrong before
Despite initial concerns I've been enjoying Wonderboy quite a lot. Normally I'm wary about these kind of metroidvania-like games with interlocked areas that are inaccessible until etc etc, because the potential frustration in getting lost and going around in circles sucks. But so far the level design has been really solid about leading the player around, and I appreciate that a lot. Which is probably a testament to the original, really.

Also appreciated: that there's a gallery in the menu that fills in as you proceed through the game. It's cool seeing how they built off the original sprites. :3:

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

Spacebump posted:

Mario Maker Switch that comes with SMB 1, 2, 3, and World. Also has a new well animated tile set. You can play any game in the series in any tile set. All complaints about first Mario Maker are fixed. (No slopes, not all the power ups, can upload levels together as worlds/a game, over world maker, etc) Supports every amiibo and you can use amiibo skins in all tile sets. (The more popular characters have special power-ups. (Squid Kids shoot paint etc)

Let me wall jump while using World's tileset, that's all I ask.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Tnega posted:

Whats your Switch Dream guys? Mine is a Pso ep. 1/2/4 Remake.

I bet it's not even on the list but the only answer to this question is Ikaruga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Asked earlier, but no one bit. Any news on a Smash port?

• Locked thread