Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
Maisie because I like punny names.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Siselmo posted:

I'm terribly unoriginal, so I'm voting for this. And seems fitting considering how much the game and characters bend over to make Corrin look good.

That's one way to put it.

Another is that Corrin makes Robin of Plegia (the white haired divine blooded amnesiac super-genius who immediately befriends a prince before winning three wars) look like Willy Loman.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

FELD1 posted:

Jumping on this because I believe in the pun

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

FELD1 posted:

Wait, what's the pun

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Tae posted:

Wait, what's the pun

Maize = another name for Corn

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

But wouldn't that mean corrin would be a maize un?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I'm going to sing my song without restraint. You must act while its effects are at their strongest.
Wait—
No!
Don't worry—and don't try to stop me. This is my destiny.
Very well. Just don't forget the promise you made to me.
I haven't forgotten. Believe me, I have no wish to disappear!
Then by all means, sing your heart out!

Done what?
Asked me to sing! It makes me happy to contribute to the cause.
Well, we need all the help we can get.
But not at the expense of your life.
I know, I'm sorry to worry you...
But here I go!

*Azura starts singing*

I CAN'T MOVE! NO MATTER. SIMPLE TRICKS LIKE THIS WILL NOT HELP YOU. ANANKOS! GREAT ONE! GIVE ME POWER!

So you start out with whatever gear and tonics you had from the previous battle. No last minute MyCastle refills, no replacing soldiers if you lost any, nothing. This is the final battle of Birthright.

Dark Breath-S rank, 30 mt, 100 hit, 10 avoid, 1-2 range, Critical Evade +10, cannot make follow up attacks, cannot trade

Dragon Garon still has the annoying combo of Dragonskin and Draconic Hex, but the upside is that Dark Breath is only 1-2 range. Also he won't directly attack for quite some time.

The gameplan is to move the majority of the troops to the lower right, as that's the safest area in the game. Any other direction is suicide because of multiple zerkers, Maids to soften things up, and those Stone Golems are back as well. The lower right has the least amount of troops.

That Spy Yumi has been excellent for Takumi ever since he inherited it from Shura.

So close to 20 strength....

YEAH

...Okay then.

I split my party into two, one taking the upper right corner while the other take the bottom left corner.

This is partly to bait out the gimmick of this map which is...

Garon eventually starts using those Dragon Veins to spread goo all over a specific corner of the map, which deals 10 damage to all units and absorbs the damage to heal. This includes enemies, which may help in a double-edged sword kind of way.

Keep in mind that while the goo is immediate, it takes a turn before it fully settles in so you have time to get out of the area.

Going straight to Garon is still suicidal, because there's a zerker and multiple Brave weapon users with a Maid to kill even Oboro quite easily.

ALSO, enemy reinforcements start teleporting in from the corners so you are forced to eventually face Garon and soon.

A shame Silas will never use Armored Blow.

I hyped up Spendthrift for like a dozen chapters and literally no one will learn it when I beat this game. *sobs*

Scarlet takes down a General, and Rinkah cleans up on the Hero nearby. Garon won't actually attack my units so it's safe to park next to him for now.

Bye-bye Garon. Felicia halves Garon's HP to a manageable 39 HP now.

YOU CHOSE DEATH AND DEFEAT. YOU CHOSE DOOM. YOUR DEATH IS AT HAND!

Debuffing the speed is the most important factor for Corrin. I can technically just kill him regardless with say Takumi though.

Corrin, I made it so even your dumbass can kill this boss.

SPIN TO WIN

THESE WOUNDS! THIS CAN'T BE! I REFUSE TO ACCEPT DEATH! I REFU— GYAAAAH!

That has to be one of the worst Corrin for a -SPD +DEF.

Aw, his tongue is hanging out.

*Garon transforms back into a human*

When you were a mere child...

...You had like a billion chances including just poisoning him in the like 15 years in the prison castle.

And why didn't you, King Garon? Why... Tell me why, Father!
Because you were my most precious pawn. I knew I could use you to get Queen Mikoto.

REALLY?! That convoluted loving plan to kill Corrin, have Liilth rescue him, and get brought over to Mikoto was all part of the plan?!

No matter. I feel at peace now. How long has it been since I felt like this? Perhaps this is what I wanted all along... The sweet release of death... My...my body was destroyed. My mind...lost... Ever since that moment...I became something... Something......

*Garon disappears*

Were those the delirious ramblings of a dying man...or something more? Xander did say that Father—I mean King Garon—had changed... I wonder...

What do you mean, changed?! Did you not hear him? HE WAS A MURDER KING LONG BEFORE THIS CORRUPTION THING

*A moment later*

We can live...in peace...
Azura!

*Azura collapses*

Azura, lying? Nooooo way

Ughh... I'm sorry, Corrin. I promised you I wouldn't disappear. But...I'm not sure...I can keep my word...
Please You can't just die like this! We did it, Azura! We made your dream come true.
But what's it worth if you never experience it for yourself?
I'm at peace now, Corrin. I know that you and everyone else will be safe. That is worth everything. Will you listen to one more selfish request?

I'm crying so badly, wahhhh :geno:

What is it?
I want you to live a joyful life. Don't let this sour your victory.
The war is over, thanks to you. A world at peace... That's the world we dreamed of. That's the world I risked my life for. And it was worth it.
So, it's your turn to make me a promise, Corrin...
Azura...no...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6EPZXJIwHs

Can I see you smile for me one last time? One more smile...before I go. That's right... Lovely...
One more smile...before I go.

Kinda lame that you don't get a special scene if you're married to her like Awakening did with their story moments.

I...I can't lose anyone else. I've lost so much...
...I will keep my promise, Azura. I won't let your sacrifice be in vain. Everyone... We have a lot of work ahead of us. Let's make this world a place we can be proud of again. When those who fell watch over us they'll know they can rest in peace.
Azura...

Tae fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Apr 19, 2017

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Welp.

You know, I don't think of Fire Emblem stories as being standouts the way people talk about FFT or Ogre Battle, but by and large they work. This... doesn't. It keeps reaching for unearned pathos and falling on its face, to say nothing of the weirdly lifeless dialogue.

If I had to pick my least favorite part, it would go to the Rainbow Sage and his 'the true power was within you all along' bullshit. (That apparently also applies to Garon of all people--did he look within and go "wow, I never realized I can be waaaay more evil than I already am, thanks Rainbow Sage"?)

Though I'll concede the last few maps seemed pretty good. Using the Dragon Veins against you is a good way of raising the stakes.

Rangpur fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Apr 18, 2017

SweaterGear
Jan 4, 2010

There's a Monopenguin! :swoon:
The final song is all kinds of great, even if it is just a sweet remix of that ocean's grey waves song.
If Azura ever told the truth, or if she was the only ally with a plot death and not the last in a string of them, then maybe I'd feel kinda bad about her dying.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

SweaterGear posted:

The final song is all kinds of great, even if it is just a sweet remix of that ocean's grey waves song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9J0_RYhWMw I like to imagine all the benched folks are standing offscreen during the fight frantically playing instruments.

This fight took me a bit because I assumed it would be trickier than it is, and so split my group to fight out to those sigils in the corners of the room. Nope, slapfight.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
I'd have to say that the two things Fates as a whole even came close to getting right would be character design (not personality, the characters here are some of the worst in the series on that front, but at least their appearances) and gameplay (though the latter is rather uninspired, since it's largely copied from previous Fire Emblems, and Birthright, at least, squanders what little innovation it has by sheer lack of use).

edit: Oh, yeah, the music's pretty good too.

CptWedgie fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Apr 18, 2017

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face

SweaterGear posted:

It's real good but it was TOTALLY not what I was expecting. When it kicked in the first time I played this game I broke and cackled like an idiot for like 5 minutes.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Congrats on becoming a single father, Saizo. Good luck explaining Azura's death to Shigure and Asugi.

beru04
May 4, 2013

Stop making me realise things.

SweaterGear posted:

The other remixes aren't bad either...

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

So...did no one else see that

Did everyone just leave right away after defeating a giant rear end dragon, and more importantly, the king of Nohr

HELLO???

*Much time passed*

Let it be known that Ryoma, High Prince of Hoshido, has succeeded Queen Mikoto! He takes the throne at the cusp of a new era of peace in our land. Ryoma, please accept this crown as a symbol of your title.
Thank you, Yukimura. As king, I vow to uphold the values my mother represented so well. Justice. Charity. Equality. And above all else...peace.
We shall lead the world into a new age of prosperity!

"I will now produce a magical overpowered mind barrier that renders all enemies docile!"

*The crowd applause*

You're king!
You look so r-regal! I'm so happy for you, Brother... *sniffle*
Are you OK, Sakura? This should be a happy occasion...
Yes, I know. I was just thinking of how happy this would make Mother...
I'm so sorry. But I think you're right. She is happy, wherever she is...
Yeah. She's probably watching over us right now, tearing up herself.
*sniffle* Aw, drat it!

We've got to pull ourselves together—at least until the end of the ceremony!
He's right. How does it look to people out there with all of us sobbing up here?
Quiet, everyone! I think Ryoma has a bit more to say...
Shh!

"Yes...I AM a lobster!"

With any war come casualties. But the casualties of this war have been almost too much to bear. I speak, of course, of our beloved Queen Mikoto. Still, we must move forward. The crisis our world faced is finally at an end. And in this moment, we have done something extraordinary...

"It turns out that killing everyone that can fight makes it easier to negotiate!

I know some of you here today probably find it hard to swallow. But there can be no light without dark. The two complement each other... And so, too, do the two greatest kingdoms there ever were.

what.

They each have something the other lacks and together are made whole. We in Hoshido must share our light and light and our bounty. We have much to leach from our brothers and sisters at Nohr.

What exactly does Nohr offer, other than eating your food.

Let us live...together. Let us move forward on the same path toward a brighter future. Thank you for your time, and may the gods bless you.

*More applause*

Well spoken, Ryoma.
*sob*
Hah! He got you, too.
No, I just some smoke in my eyes...
It's OK. We all did.
AHEM. Speak for yourself, Sister.
Hah! At lease we can count on Takumi to bring us back to reality.
Excuse me, but the ceremony is not quite over...
I'm so sorry, Yukimura. Please continue.
This concludes the coronation ceremony!

*Final applause*

*After the ceremony*

I just hope all the crying didn't distract you too much.
Thank you, Corrin. No, I didn't even notice. Hopefully you didn't notice how nervous I was up there.
You, nervous? I don't believe it! You looked right in your element. Bold and regal, befitting your new title.
Really? Well, thank you. That's reassuring.
Yes, It was quite a moment what Yukimura handed you the crown.

What are these face placements, did they just stop caring

Not to tears, mind you...
I had no idea the Hoshidan royals were such softies.
Camilla! Leo! I'm so glad you could make it today.
Of course.
It wouldn't do for Hoshido's newest allies to miss Ryoma's coronation, would it?

I'm so happy to see both of you!
You too, Corrin. Although I can't say I'm fully comfortable walking around Hoshido just yet.
Leo, I assure you—
Oh please, Leo. What about when you were milling around the outdoor market this morning? Remember? You were going on about how great it was to see Corrin again?
Camilla!

Waiting on that wrong collar joke for one last good ole hit

Ahaha!
Anyway, it's wonderful to see you, Corrin.
But I must admit that the loss of Xander and Elise still weighs heavily on me... How are you holding up?
I think about them every day.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Those who fell in the war will never be forgotten. We won't easily forget how many lives were lost to Hoshidan blades...

Well...at least one wasn't by Hoshidan blades....

All we can do to atone is prevent such a war from ever happening again.
Right you are.
Were it within my power as king, my first act would be to bring back your siblings. And Azura as well...
Oh...I miss Azura so much...

So...they DO know Azura poofed into water bubbles? And no one questioned further? Anyone?

Weren't you with her since basically all of Corrin's tenure in Nohr

Again with the crying? Look, it may have taken me a while to warm up to Azura, but in the end...
I..I really miss her, too. *sniffle*
Now we've done it. Even Takumi is crying.
You guys are going to need to hold it together at my coronation, OK? We can't have all of Nohr thinking that Hoshidans are moved so easily to tears.
YOUR coronation? But I thought Camilla was next in line...

To answer your question... Yes, I am next in line for the crown. But I begged Leo to take my place, and he has graciously accepted.
I have no desire to run a kingdom.
So there you have it. You should know that I have big plans for Nohr. I think a friendly competition with Hoshido will be good for both of us.
And on that note, I'm quite busy...so it's time I said my good-byes.
I'll join you.
Everyone, I look forward to seeing you at the coronation ceremony in Nohr!
Thank you, Camilla. We'll be there.

*Leo and Camilla leave*

And off they go...

Too bad they're leaving so soon. They're going to miss the festival!
Hmm?
That's right...I forgot you've never seen a Hoshidan festival before. It's kind of like...the biggest party you can imagine. So put all those sad feelings on the back burner...and get ready to DANCE!

This has been the worst update by far, somehow.

Oh, it's been so long since we've had a proper festival... I can w-wait!
Just try not to embarrass yourselves this time, guys. You're members of the royal family!
Need I remind you of a certain incident not so long ago? ...Involving you dancing on stage with a band of musicians? I kid, Brother.

Everytime they try to shoe-horn in backstory is so half-hearted.

Hmm...it would behoove me to make an offering on Mother's behalf at some point. Perhaps some vendor is selling those sweet rice dumplings she used to love...
This is going to be great! How can I help?
Let's just make sure the crowds don't get too rowdy.
Other than that, we're on official orders to have a good time!

You are the most traitorous of traitors, traitor

Thank you, everyone. Having all of you by my side fills my heart with joy. Now, please. I've heard enough about peace and justice and the future.
As Hinoka said, let's have some fun for once!

*Time passes, Corrin is by the lake after the party*

Maybe I should take a little break... It's all just a bit overwhelming. Hmm...
This place seems familiar...
Oh! It's where I first met Azura. Oh, Azura...

*Suddenly, singing was heard*

*Corrin runs to the figure*

Maybe I'm just hallucinating due to the exhaustion, but I don't care. I'm so glad to see you!
Shh.
...Azura?
Tell me, Corrin. What do you see in this lake?
Just water, I suppose. What am I supposed to see?

Empty your mind of thoughts, and let yourself be in the moment.

ARE YOU GOING TO TELL ME WHAT THE HELL'S GOING ON NOW

Well, OK...
Good. Keep you focus on the lake. Don't look away.
But, I have so much I want to say...
Not now. Just do as I ask.

No? FINE

...I'm sorry, but I have to get this off my chest. I want to thank you for everything you've done. You're the most selfless person I've ever known, and I just... Wait Azura? *sigh*

Thank you for your bravery, Corrin. I hope we can meet again someday...
Azura...if you can hear me...
...I'm sure we will meet again. Somehow. Until then...I will never forget you.

Don't tell me you're calling it a night. The festival is still going strong!
Heh. I was just taking a breather. You guys sure know how to celebrate. You can tell everyone I'll be right back.
I just need a few more minutes to dream...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrdrPwB8q0g

AREN'T YOU MARRIED TO HIM

*Corrin and Hinoka land*

You stood for peace. Always. We carry on your legacy.

That said...our task will always be a difficult one. But no matter how hard it may be...

Literally just called "The Kid."

I'm still confused how the gently caress did Yukimura travel across the continent and Hoshido didn't instantly fall. Puppets aren't THAT strong.

Double sadness.

Asugi had battles?

Who are these Generations

Only 19 battles? Huh.

Again with the scholars and generations

When the hell did Shura get 31 battles???

That's a big leap now in terms of battles.

This sounds like a disaster of a future.

"Angry ninja"

Remember when Rinkah was benched forever

"Wild card," you wish you had that title, Takumi

That's the most generic of generic marriage summaries ever.

FIRE EMBLEM FATES: BIRTHRIGHT

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

I like how no records exist of kaze, married nobility.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Tae posted:

That's the most generic of generic marriage summaries ever.
fates_summaries.txt

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

jeez, and this is considered the better of the three plots. can't wait for the ultimate test of one's patience for a plot, otherwise known as Conquest

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.
Despite his long absence Takumi still got the most kills good job

Also

Tae posted:

Why are you being mysterious? Why can't you just come out with it?

Camel Pimp fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Apr 19, 2017

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

FoolyCharged posted:

I like how no records exist of kaze, married nobility.

And there's hardly any evidence that Azura, one of the most important characters in the plot with two separate kids in Corrin's retinue, existed at all.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Carlosologist posted:

jeez, and this is considered the better of the three plots. can't wait for the ultimate test of one's patience for a plot, otherwise known as Conquest

I'll give Conquest's plot one point in its favor.

While Birthright is merely boring and incompetent, Conquest manages to occasionally grab your attention, if only due to how much it fucks up.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Carlosologist posted:

Conquest has its flaws, but at least the gameplay is interesting and tries to do something with the game mechanics, in comparison to Birthright's braindead "Rout/Seize/Defeat Commander" maps. Even if a few maps towards the end of Conquest do get as frustrating as the plot itself.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Also going back to the end of Garon. The impression I got is that he used to be at least a semi-decent person due to the way Xander turned out, but sometime before Corrin gets kidnapped the change occurs and he becomes a complete shitbag.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

AradoBalanga posted:

Conquest has its flaws, but at least the gameplay is interesting and tries to do something with the game mechanics, in comparison to Birthright's braindead "Rout/Seize/Defeat Commander" maps. Even if a few maps towards the end of Conquest do get as frustrating as the plot itself.

I found that the early going in Conquest was great, it was really smart usage of the new mechanics and actually challenging, especially on hard. It did get hectic more towards the end.

Tae, are you going to be skipping the first five chapters and just get right to the route split?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I guess? I dunno how much difference there is worth to show, because Jakob is in over Felicia for the first few chapters.

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Lander county's safe as heaven,
despite all the strife and boilin',
Tin Star,
Oh how she's an icon of the eastern west,
But now the time has come to end our song,
of the Tin Star, the Tin Star!
Thanks for the playthrough so far, it's been... interesting.

Tae posted:

That has to be one of the worst Corrin for a -SPD +DEF.

Tae posted:

So clearly I'm going to pick a speedy swordsman as my alt class. A defensive, physically weak samurai. Total minmax.

Did I miss something?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I've been living a lie for 35 chapters apparently

edit: Let me make it up with some stat breakdown

HP 20 (21.6)
STR 15 (18)
MAG 16 (14.4)
SKL 15 (16.2)
SPD 18 (19.8)
LCK 27 (21.6)
DEF 15 (18)
RES 12 (12.6)

1st column is the actual stats gained minus the promotion bonuses, the second is average. So Corrin has been below in every stat except luck and magic.

Tae fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Apr 19, 2017

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you know if i was azura i might want to spend my last moments with my husband and two sons and not the random fuckhead that cried about songs for the past two years(?)

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Tae posted:

Very well. Just don't forget the promise you made to me.

Then by all means, sing your heart out!
...That's the first time you've ever done that.
Done what?
Asked me to sing! It makes me happy to contribute to the cause.

Garonsmile: When you were a mere child...

...You had like a billion chances including just poisoning him in the like 15 years in the prison castle.

In the previous update, Garon's portrait is broken and I think that Azura screenshot is supposed to be something else because the line is repeated right below it?

That sure was an ending and character death. :effort:

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Endorph posted:

you know if i was azura i might want to spend my last moments with my husband and two sons and not the random fuckhead that cried about songs for the past two years(?)

I think it's more like the past month or two. The timeline for Fates is pretty compressed.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

I honestly can't remember most of these characters or what their gimmick is.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Camel Pimp posted:

Despite his long absence Takumi still got the most kills good job

Also

This needs to be the thread title

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Hunt11 posted:

Also going back to the end of Garon. The impression I got is that he used to be at least a semi-decent person due to the way Xander turned out, but sometime before Corrin gets kidnapped the change occurs and he becomes a complete shitbag.

There seem to be lots of background information and world-building that only made it into the games' dialogue in cursory amounts. I kind of wished we had gotten some kind of codex or something with all the details that wouldn't fit into the main story. Surely I'm not the only insufferable super-nerd that would've enjoyed that.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Wait
You see the quality of writing on display here

And you want them to have done a codex.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I think the idea is that it would make the writing less dumb by explaining things like how long ago in Nohr's history Garon went off the deep end, how Sumaragi was murdered in cold blood and the prince abducted without Hoshido launching an all-out assault against Nohr, etc. oh, and some kind of history of the continent of Fates. Which is wishful thinking.

Aesclepia
Dec 5, 2013
Next verse same as the first.
These stories are huge examples of being told not shown - especially the 'Garon was a stern but good father idk what happened'. Mikoto as a person whose death should evoke our sadness, though that could be a case of an innocent is killed oh gods that's sad... if there weren't then all these other examples. Like Lillith. The audience can't be sad about something with the characters if the author hasn't given reasons to be sad. You don't just get to say THIS IS SAD BE SAD and have it happen.

A Codex could have given some backstory to try to give this background? Like Garon being a good dad, or Corrin spending any time with Lillith, or Mikoto's past, maybe?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Yeah, but also good writing could have done that, or even adequate writing. I've mentioned it a few times, but a subplot of FE4 with the rival countries Leonster and Tharacia mirrors this game's somewhat, and it elaborates on:
- why the "evil" country wants to take over the good one
- presicely how lovely living in the "evil" country is
- why you'd keep the kid alive, besides not being King Evil

Like, Nohr is a shithole but they don't even try to explain that back in the plotdump early on.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Well, congrats on finishing Birthright! Nice to see the real hero represented. Oboro MVP :swoon:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Aesclepia posted:

You don't just get to say THIS IS SAD BE SAD and have it happen.

It's basically this moment from "Let's destroy the Shagohod"

except played painfully straight and without any hint of irony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Wait
You see the quality of writing on display here

And you want them to have done a codex.
Technically, they did make one. As you'd expect, the game never loving tells you about it. It's the "Mysterious Texts" over in the Records Hall, for those curious.

• Locked thread