Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

zegermans posted:

Chelsea is actually pretty deal with it

chelsea is a beautiful and strong and powerful woman, fine

but she can and should stay the gently caress out of american politics forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Lol

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/854513638601887748

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

paranoid randroid posted:

youre killing me over here, Dianne

she has no clue that:

* the cost-sharing reductions are a complicated formula under which "these percentages apply over the whole group and will vary significantly across different enrollees; for some the plan will pay none of their costs and for others the plan may pay almost all of them."

* insurance/healthcare is still too expensive even with the CSRs in place, and when you get to the 3x multiplier for poor-ish olds, buying a silver plan with CSRs costs about twice as much as buying a lovely bronze plan and the 2 are pretty much a wash financially.

* medicare-for-all/single-payer doesn't mean "total takeover of healthcare by the government."

* that 80-some House members have co-sponsored the Medicare-for-All bill that Bernie's gonna bring to the Senate.

* that the ACA is pretty much dead anyway bc all five major insurers have pulled out of most markets this year or next and now one-third of all counties in the country only have one or two providers to choose from, bc enrollment in private plans is a pittance of what was once projected, and bc there was never any political will to make the mandate with $$$ teeth to get healthy young people to enroll.

but that's a bad dem for you: trying to smear more lipstick on the ACA pig.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Why is the hill so in love with the Clintons?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Crowsbeak posted:

The Hill is ran by beltway insiders

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
edit: ^^^ haaaaa

Crowsbeak posted:

The Hill is the beltway. Why wouldn't they be in love with the Clintons?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
oh hey good to see you posting again Willa

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
if we get to pull up old grudges do I get to point out how Willa was on the wrong end of an argument with me about transitioning as a kid?

thanks in advance

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
who is this

actually i take it back i'd rather just not know

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
Jesus fkin christ its a whole dnd family reunion itt

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

he got his wish!

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Willa Rogers posted:

she has no clue that:

* the cost-sharing reductions are a complicated formula under which "these percentages apply over the whole group and will vary significantly across different enrollees; for some the plan will pay none of their costs and for others the plan may pay almost all of them."

* insurance/healthcare is still too expensive even with the CSRs in place, and when you get to the 3x multiplier for poor-ish olds, buying a silver plan with CSRs costs about twice as much as buying a lovely bronze plan and the 2 are pretty much a wash financially.

* medicare-for-all/single-payer doesn't mean "total takeover of healthcare by the government."

* that 80-some House members have co-sponsored the Medicare-for-All bill that Bernie's gonna bring to the Senate.

* that the ACA is pretty much dead anyway bc all five major insurers have pulled out of most markets this year or next and now one-third of all counties in the country only have one or two providers to choose from, bc enrollment in private plans is a pittance of what was once projected, and bc there was never any political will to make the mandate with $$$ teeth to get healthy young people to enroll.

but that's a bad dem for you: trying to smear more lipstick on the ACA pig.

Additionally,

*I'm eating a hollow chocolate easter bunny

*I keep telling myself I"ll put it back in the fridge once I get a nice even surface gnawd off

*it keeps fracturing in ways that force me to eat more to even it out

*I ate the whole thing :(

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

zegermans posted:

he got his wish!

nice

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Al! posted:

Jesus fkin christ its a whole dnd family reunion itt

the suck zone: d&d resort and spa

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

ok which of you is this

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Dems welcome Bernie takeover except the story quotes a lot of anon sources that proves that they don't welcome him.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

if we get to pull up old grudges do I get to point out how Willa was on the wrong end of an argument with me about transitioning as a kid?

thanks in advance

dude, that was 10 years ago; I was wrong and said so within a year.

you, otoh, are still wj and still a bad dem.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!
Please do not resurrect old grudges and drama from D&D threads gone by.

Edit: That wasn't specifically directed at you Willa, just bad timing that my post appeared directly beneath yours.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

i'm the poster that remembers details about other posters that are over 3650 days old

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Willa Rogers posted:

dude, that was 10 years ago; I was wrong and said so within a year.

you, otoh, are still wj and still a bad dem.

yeah but you can't argue with that regdate

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

SKULL.GIF posted:

i'm the poster that remembers details about other posters that are over 3650 days old

I remember every single time T-Paine was mean to me

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Please do not resurrect old grudges and drama from D&D threads gone by.

Edit: That wasn't specifically directed at you Willa, just bad timing that my post appeared directly beneath yours.

Cant we just let it happen a lil bit rn for the novelty???? Maybe Cefte is reading this and has his own score to settle

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

(draws a salt pentagram and chants "israel palestine" over and over until the grim visage of happyelf appears)

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
just lol if you're a democrat in tyool 2017

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Al! posted:

Cant we just let it happen a lil bit rn for the novelty???? Maybe Cefte is reading this and has his own score to settle

I haven't seen Arkane post in a while so Cefte's probably still slumbering, waiting for the great evil to return.

7 loving years ago they were arguing about Iran's nuclear ambitions and Arkane just got murdered.

Or maybe it was Grover.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!
Well you've been good so if you really want I'll mention something about how charter schools are bullshit and/or global warming is real and summon Arkane to the thread.

Note: I will not actually do either of these things.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
lol that Hill writer quotes another writer for the Hill

Journalism

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
if the global's warming, how come it's so hot outside today???

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

if the global's warming, how come it's so hot outside today???

wait poo poo

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Well you've been good so if you really want I'll mention something about how charter schools are bullshit and/or global warming is real and summon Arkane to the thread.

Note: I will not actually do either of these things.

maybe you could talk about gun control and get Arkane-lie, TheJackal in here

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
hey Arkane if you're reading this, I will totally watch Waiting for Superman if you give me $50

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
DTI DTA MTW FTW

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
legends tell of even greater monsters that used to lurk the forums years past

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

logikv9 posted:

"What is this new devilry?"

"A maggotmaster... a troll of the ancient forums... this foe is beyond any of you… Run!"

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

logikv9 posted:

Paradol Ex was NOT a monster tyvm

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

does that antiflag guy still post??? Fire????

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Im Glad MaggotMaster Is Dead

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

thanks in advance

yeah but do u remember your OP for the Hillary thread lol

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Al! posted:

Im Glad MaggotMaster Is Dead

I hear she transitioned and chilled out a whole lot and, hell, I'm glad of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

:gethill: