Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
drat, ya'll gonna be doing HAAT in like 3 months too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

New HAAT record for me, 68% of p4, and GK unlocked in an hour or so

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

And he is now max gear. IGD folks might want to start saving his gear soon, it is a long long slog

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
If I'm going to save gear for anyone, it'll be for the Knights of Ren. I want a full team of them with Kylo at the front. I don't care if he doesn't have a leader ability. The sheer awesomeness of all of them together will defeat anything.

@QGJ: HAAT is still a ways off, but if you guys buckle down and get your farm on we can probably trade you some very heavy hitters for phases 1, 2, and 4.

P1(Heavy Hitter): A single person can solo it with zKylo
(more is faster and safer)

P2(Heavy Hitter): zVader(L), zSidious, Boba Fett, Phasma, Tusken Shaman
(Droid teams will also help)

P3(Team Effort): Chirpa(L), EP, +3tanks
(There is no steamroll comp here so you all need to pull together; farming Chirpa sucks but it's the most difficult phase)

P4(Heavy Hitter): Cody(L), Echo, Fives, Leia, Clone Sergeant
(It takes good mods but two_step does over 50%!)

Dr. Venture fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Apr 19, 2017

Karzon
Oct 15, 2002

two_step posted:

And he is now max gear. IGD folks might want to start saving his gear soon, it is a long long slog

Saving gear? But ... the immediate shiny upgrade!

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

What's up with LS/DS nodes becoming more difficult on replays. Sometimes I start a node and there are only 2 Jawa (for example) in the first stage while other times I start the same node and there are 3 or 4? Is that an actual mechanic (making the node harder on replays) or does the game just randomly generate a certain number of enemies on each stage of a node and I'm only noticing it when it's harder?

E: For example, I'm replaying a node on my alt and, on the third or fourth attempt, the first stage went from 2 to 3 Battle Droids and then replaced one of the 4 droids on the 2nd stage with a B2 Droid.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Apr 19, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

tadashi posted:

What's up with LS/DS nodes becoming more difficult on replays. Sometimes I start a node and there are only 2 Jawa (for example) in the first stage while other times I start the same node and there are 3 or 4? Is that an actual mechanic (making the node harder on replays) or does the game just randomly generate a certain number of enemies on each stage of a node and I'm only noticing it when it's harder?

E: For example, I'm replaying a node on my alt and, on the third or fourth attempt, the first stage went from 2 to 3 Battle Droids and then replaced one of the 4 droids on the 2nd stage with a B2 Droid.

it's fairly random, yes. Enemies are generated from a pool of possible enemies.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

What do I need on my mods to get turn meter reduction to work properly? I'm running Zader, TFP, Palp, Zavage, and Sid, but don't get much TM reduction, maybe one reduction every 4 or 5 attacks. I'm thinking potency? This team will be used mostly for raids, working on a Zaul sith team for arena.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

The Diddler posted:

What do I need on my mods to get turn meter reduction to work properly? I'm running Zader, TFP, Palp, Zavage, and Sid, but don't get much TM reduction, maybe one reduction every 4 or 5 attacks. I'm thinking potency? This team will be used mostly for raids, working on a Zaul sith team for arena.

Zader turn meter reduction can't be resisted, so potency doesn't factor in. It should just happen on roughly half of all of your attacks. Keep in mind though that a lot of targets in the AAT raid are immune to TM manipulation.

Also Rancor et al gain TM every time they take damage and have pretty high speed without a slow on them, which offsets the relatively small reduction per hit from Vaders lead.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

The Diddler posted:

Rex owns on the Vader TM reduction squad.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

The Diddler posted:

CaptainPsyko posted:

Zader turn meter reduction can't be resisted, so potency doesn't factor in. It should just happen on roughly half of all of your attacks. Keep in mind though that a lot of targets in the AAT raid are immune to TM manipulation.

Also Rancor et al gain TM every time they take damage and have pretty high speed without a slow on them, which offsets the relatively small reduction per hit from Vaders lead.

Just to add a little here, if you're looking at Rancor, you generally have to run 1-2 heroes that do 50-100% TM reduction into the comp. Here are some popular/good Zader comps for soloing Rancor
Zader, Sid, TFP, Rex, Teebo
Zader, Sid, TFP, RG, FOO
Zader, Sid, TFP, Jyn, Bistan

This means you have to be aware of a few things. While TM from Zader and empire/sith isn't resistible, it can be resisted from Rex, Teebo, etc. This means that you need consistency in TFP's Tenacity down (since culling blade removes it), which is where FOO really comes in handy. You end up using two abilities for FOO in this, the first reduces removes 50% TM. The second gives another hero 100% TM and advantage. This gives TFP a guaranteed crit. While FOO has 3 turn cooldowns, one of those abilities reduces all his cooldowns by 1, so he can alternate between these two abilities. You can also run Rex, Teebo, Jyn, Bistan, or someone else alongside this. I like running RG for the more consistent speed -- anytime Zader uses culling blade, you want to reapply speed down asap.

I've been running:
Zader, EP, TFP, RG, FOO
While Sid is actually better than EP, this comp lets me run Rancor on auto from P2 on. It comes down to how FOO applies TM + advantage to a friendly -- my Sid has lower EHP than TFP, so FOO targets Sid instead of TFP. With this comp, TFP almost always gets it (unless EP takes a bunch of damage). This is only if you're planning to hit auto. On manual, Sid is much better because dots.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I'm Abide in qgj, you can give me the boot if you need to make room for someone. I'm gonna be super busy at work for a while. I might pick it up again in a while.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

The key to rancor raid is that the turn meter down is bugged once you exit the phase you start in. So if you start in P1 vs the pigs, once you move to phase 2 you will start dealing twice as much TM down. I think its not 1 proc = 50% but rather has a chance to proc twice, I THINK. Then in P3 it goes to even more, and then in P4 you're basically keeping the rancor at 0 TM constantly.

I use Zader, TFP, EP, RG, QGJ - and once you make it past the first phase, you use QGJ's assist call instead of his basic and you deal lots of damage and reduce lots of TM.

I've also stopped using culling blade at all really on Vader because I don't build up enough dots, so Im very reliant on having to keep the Rancor's TM down. I drop the door maybe at the beginning to guarantee the slow, but after that I just leave it with a sliver of health if I can so I can drop it if I get in trouble. Once I'm in P3 I can just put it on auto basic and the rancor shouldn't take any turns.

trapt
Sep 21, 2010
I'm still running Zader in arena with EP, TFP, Boba and RG.

Should I zeta Boba or change RG for Kylo and give Kylo the zeta?

I also have maul at g9 almost 7*...

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

trapt posted:

Drop RG for Shore if possible.

If not, Drop RG for Zylo. RG is way too easily countered these days.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

trapt posted:

I run Zader/EP/TFP/Boba/Shore in arena.

I Zeta'd Boba and I regret it.

Switch RG for Shore you won't regret that.

Edit: Zylo is also an option, but teams that can drop burst damage on you before you can put up CC (I.e. Fast Wiggs or Zaul comps) will wreck you.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
idk how true that is. Most Zaul comps opening salvo is full blown AoE.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Yeah Zaul was a bad example on second thought.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

CaptainPsyko posted:

I run Zader/EP/TFP/Boba/Shore in arena.

I Zeta'd Boba and I regret it.

Switch RG for Shore you won't regret that.

Edit: Zylo is also an option, but teams that can drop burst damage on you before you can put up CC (I.e. Fast Wiggs or Zaul comps) will wreck you.

I don't regret Boba, but, when I zeta'd him he was the only option to beating Chaze, other than running Chaze. He kept me hitting top 5 for over a month while I was getting Chaze/GK ready. That said, the meta has moved on from Boba. He's still good against Savage and Chaze though.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
I finished my first Galactic War last night. That was fun!

Also what is the deal with duders that have characters with purple stuff around their portrait? I was perusing the top 10 folks last night and saw a lot of that.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

turn it up TURN ME ON posted:

I finished my first Galactic War last night. That was fun!

Also what is the deal with duders that have characters with purple stuff around their portrait? I was perusing the top 10 folks last night and saw a lot of that.

That's gear level. Very important. Maybe more so than star level for most things. Besides progression and 2 hard nodes per day (1 ds/1 ls), spend all your energy farming gear.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Finally hit 85! GW is getting hard though :(

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
What are people using to get past the final stage of the Super Commando event? I just turned 80 and my rebel team is still 75 (mostly 7*) and my other teams are 70 and I'm having trouble finishing off Kanan and Ezra at 80.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

If you have him, Nihilus neuters that fight pretty well with his OHKO skill.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

fishtobaskets posted:

That's gear level. Very important. Maybe more so than star level for most things. Besides progression and 2 hard nodes per day (1 ds/1 ls), spend all your energy farming gear.

Currently all of my energy is going towards getting levels.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Burning_Monk posted:

What are people using to get past the final stage of the Super Commando event? I just turned 80 and my rebel team is still 75 (mostly 7*) and my other teams are 70 and I'm having trouble finishing off Kanan and Ezra at 80.

Yeah, I wasn't expecting this to be very difficult. Bring someone with a dispel to take out Kanan's Taunt, then use Super Command's debuff/BI on Ezra every time he gains the extra protection, and just keep focusing on Ezra. EP's shock doesn't do much because they dispel then gain buffs. His stuns help a lot though.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Yeah, but I mean, you should be spending your energy wisely. Like he says, doing a couple hard nodes is good, but don't get bogged down doing too many hard nodes (unless those nodes also provide crucial gear, like stun guns, stun cuffs, mk3 carbantis, etc). Focus on keeping heroes at max gear for their level, and when there is gear that's higher level than they can get, try to farm it in advance for your arena team.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

I don't know if I just lucked out or what, but I beat the last part of the challenge with just my top five toons, without synergy.

I used Teebo lead with lando, St Han, hk47, and qgj.

I didn't want to spend the time to pick the proper team so I just got the first five and I won out with two deaths.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

MichiganCubbie posted:

I don't know if I just lucked out or what, but I beat the last part of the challenge with just my top five toons, without synergy.

I didn't want to spend the time to pick the proper team so I just got the first five and I won out with two deaths.

I mean, this is what I did too, and I ran it on auto, but those five included GK, JKA, RG, and I don't remember who else, but it took them a long time on auto. I can see someone at 70 having a pretty hard time.

trapt
Sep 21, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Drop RG for Shore if possible.

If not, Drop RG for Zylo. RG is way too easily countered these days.

Will do as soon as I clear 9b...

Si Zylo it is!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Crumbletron posted:

Finally hit 85! GW is getting hard though :(

it will suck for a while, sorry.

Good, levels and gear are the same thing!

Just keep progressing dudes gear with your energy spends.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

MichiganCubbie posted:

I auto'd it. I have no idea what people are talking about.

Zader, EP, TFP, RG, Shore

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

it will suck for a while, sorry.

It still scales with your squads at least, right? I was still able to beat it but I wasn't expecting to have to pull my A Team for node 3 lol

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Chilichimp posted:

:smug::hf::smug:

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Burning_Monk posted:

I used mid 70s gear 8/9 clones with everyone 7star except Sarge and was able to auto it. With the way clones work, Kanan didn't really get many turns.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Malgrin posted:

I don't regret Boba, but, when I zeta'd him he was the only option to beating Chaze, other than running Chaze. He kept me hitting top 5 for over a month while I was getting Chaze/GK ready. That said, the meta has moved on from Boba. He's still good against Savage and Chaze though.

To be clear, I don't regret Boba to G11 etc. at all! He's essential for me in arena, it's just that his Zeta is almost never a difference maker.

Crumbletron posted:

It still scales with your squads at least, right? I was still able to beat it but I wasn't expecting to have to pull my A Team for node 3 lol

It does, but every once in a while you get punched in the dick with a perfectly synergized but low level squad that is going to leave a mark as you get past them. I've had a couple of Wiggs/Chaze or whatever on 3/6 that were low level and my winning was never in question, but they could still one shot somebody if I'm not careful.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Chilichimp posted:

probably people without zetas and a synergized team.

I had trouble at first because i just thew some random characters at it before I knew to pack debuffers like QGJ and Boba.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

CaptainPsyko posted:

To be clear, I don't regret Boba to G11 etc. at all! He's essential for me in arena, it's just that his Zeta is almost never a difference maker.

It does, but every once in a while you get punched in the dick with a perfectly synergized but low level squad that is going to leave a mark as you get past them. I've had a couple of Wiggs/Chaze or whatever on 3/6 that were low level and my winning was never in question, but they could still one shot somebody if I'm not careful.

Eh, back when I first did it, I won several 2v1 or 3v1 battles that I would've definitely lost without that extra protection.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Burning_Monk posted:

Use someone who can scrub Kanan's taunt and then get a dot on Ezra asap. Nuke Ezra then go back to Kanan.

fishtobaskets posted:

I think we have a few spots coming open in QGJ for anybody looking for a goon guild. Reg AAT goes down reasonably quick and HRancor on farm.

You can contact me here or mention me in discord w your ally code and I'll work on an invite.

How do we feel about alts in QGJ, assuming there are open spots? I have a couple characters closing in on 7 stars on my alt.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Apr 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
For the final stage of Super Commando my standard team of EP(L)/TFP/Vader/Boba/RG did just fine all at level 85, no zetas but plenty of debuffs and stuns to throw on both targets.