Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I guess I'm gonna have to come up with a Stidhamatar before the season starts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

swickles posted:

You had one year out of a century. Also, Rutgers is ducking Princeton, so lets talk about that.

Hard to blame them, Princeton was like 30 spots ahead of them in the Sagarin rankings last year.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Crotch Bat posted:

WVU was guaranteed a spot in the MNC until they choked it away in the last game as a 28 point favorite against a sub-.500 Pitt and Dave Wannstedt. They stomped the poo poo out of a top 5 OU in the bowl game so there was more than a decent argument that they probably could have been champs that year.

I wish we had more seasons like 2007.

Same. 2007 was unreal. Was it 6 weeks that a #2 team lost? And South Carolina was one of them. South Florida, WVU, South Carolina, LSU and others all lost several weeks in a row until LSU and Ohio State returned on the wheel of death to the top 2 spots. It was loving straaaaange.

Also the Rutgers cheerleader thing was loving creepy.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Crotch Bat posted:

No idea why Gendo never pumped the brakes on whatever goons were doing that.
Probably busy taking notes.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

FizFashizzle posted:

Probably busy taking notes.

ahahhahaha

:drat:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

swickles posted:

You had one year out of a century. Also, Rutgers is ducking Princeton, so lets talk about that.

... You're a big ten school, and you're ducking Princeton?

:psyduck:

(gently caress Jim Delaney)

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
I remember when the Rams wasted a 2nd round draft pick on Brian Leonard and I had to convince myself he would actually be good in the NFL.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Mike_V posted:

I remember when the Rams wasted a 2nd round draft pick on Brian Leonard and I had to convince myself he would actually be good in the NFL.

God those late aughts drafts were miserable

e: Unrelated to Brian Leonard, but the 2006 Rams' draft might be the worst ever

double e: I take it back, the 2007 with Brian Leonard might be worse

the mean lunch lady fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Apr 18, 2017

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

iospace posted:

... You're a big ten school, and you're ducking Princeton?

:psyduck:

(gently caress Jim Delaney)

FCS schools never play non scholarship FBS teams anymore, even if it'd be kinda cool this time given the history. It's just very fun to claim they're ducking them

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
So... Texas Tech's game against EWU has been moved to Sunday Sept 3rd for TV purposes. Decent chance EWU can beat TTU: Tech's still a mess and I have no idea what they're going to wind up doing this year.

https://twitter.com/TexasTechFB/status/854369925451984901

Except also, it hasn't been moved?

https://twitter.com/EWUeaglesAD/status/854377727952130048

This is interesting...

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
EWU is right up there with NDSU on the "do not under any circumstances ever schedule this team" list

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

MourningView posted:

EWU is right up there with NDSU on the "do not under any circumstances ever schedule this team" list

Seriously that does nothing for you. The odds that you blow them out like you would most FCS teams is pretty low and if they keep it close there's no way it reflects well on you

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

MourningView posted:

FCS schools never play non scholarship FBS teams anymore, even if it'd be kinda cool this time given the history. It's just very fun to claim they're ducking them

I wish they would though

This 0-7 record to Yale is a stain on my soul.

Penn State's win/loss difference for Ohio State, Alabama, Nebraska, and Michigan is -4, -5, -6, and -6. Conversely, Yale, UPenn, and Princeton are -7, -7, and -5. I want to get some of those wins back!

Sash! fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Apr 18, 2017

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

MourningView posted:

New coach this year this though so who knows. They've been super fun to watch for a while though and their current QB is another funslinger.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
CBS Sports Network has picked up the Arizona Bowl from campusinsiders.com and Sinclair.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Sweet, it'll go from an audience in the dozens to an audience in the low hundreds :toot:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

DJExile posted:

Seriously that does nothing for you. The odds that you blow them out like you would most FCS teams is pretty low and if they keep it close there's no way it reflects well on you

Should be a fun game though.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Let's see what my head coach said after our spring game!

Texas State coach Everett Withers posted:

I didn’t like those guys last year. I didn’t like them, just so you know. Are we more talented? No, we’re not. But I like being around them. I like being around our guys. They are good people, they care. Generally, I feel they have a better care for each other than a year ago. I want to be around them, I want my son to be around them. I want our coaches’ families to be around that. I want (defensive coordinator) Randall McCray to bring his son and his daughter over here and be around the team. Last year, I didn’t bring my kids over here because I didn’t want them to be infested with what was going on.

OK.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

DJExile posted:

Sweet, it'll go from an audience in the dozens to an audience in the low hundreds :toot:

Please respect America's finest sports network

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Aaaaand, no, EWU vs TTU will happen on Saturday the 2nd as originally scheduled. What a strange sequence of events.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Relevant to the "Never play this team" discussion, SC backed out of a scheduled road game against ECU in 2019. Don't even care if it makes us look shook, I'm loving sick of playing these guys.

RumbleFish fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Apr 19, 2017

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
ECU isn't even very good anymore!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
What was their explanation for firing Ruffin McNeil again?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Henchman of Santa posted:

none at all, to my knowledge

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Crotch Bat posted:

WVU was guaranteed a spot in the MNC until they choked it away in the last game as a 28 point favorite against a sub-.500 Pitt and Dave Wannstedt. They stomped the poo poo out of a top 5 OU in the bowl game so there was more than a decent argument that they probably could have been champs that year.

I wish we had more seasons like 2007.

RIP Pat White, too good for this sinful earf

all-Rush mixtape posted:

Let's see what my head coach said after our spring game!

OK.

"We're not gonna win a lot of games but we're gonna have a blast and maybe even become friends at the end of all this"

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Unless he killed somebody that was way crazier than firing mark richt IMHO

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

He was too well liked and tied in to the Texas Tech offensive tree while his probable ceiling at ECU was 10 wins and a conference championship game appearance. This was unacceptable.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

MourningView posted:

ECU isn't even very good anymore!

Yea this is true for VT. Between firing Ruffin and VT hiring Fuente I no longer dread the decade we still have left to play them because I'm pretty sure we'll win 9-10 of those.

Their AD is pure mong, that's about it. They're desperately trying to make themselves an attractive P5 option for next conference expansion and this was a beyond awful move.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Tossing out Louisiana-Monroe for the "don't play them" list. Give them an inch and they'll take a mile.

https://www.facebook.com/AlabamaAthletics/videos/10155061201597209/

Why is Scott Cochran so drat good?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

App state.

They got on a bus and nearly beat Tennessee this year.

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Declan MacManus posted:

RIP Pat White, too good for this sinful earf

He was the QB my freshman year of high school when we won the state championship. Shame I thought I was too cool to care about football back then.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

RumbleFish posted:

Relevant to the "Never play this team" discussion, SC backed out of a scheduled road game against ECU in 2019. Don't even care if it makes us look shook, I'm loving sick of playing these guys.

Jealous, it's gonna be a goddamn century before VT stops playing ECU.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/markb_wsfa/status/854495032384135169

His supporters got chased off campus (literally) by a crowd chanting "S-E-C"

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

PostNouveau posted:

war drat eagle

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

PostNouveau posted:

Well, we know he can't take a hit.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

PostNouveau posted:

I can't think of a better way to get Southerners to reject white nationalism than by associating it with banning college football so good job you nazi gently caress.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Seeing a lot of alumni dorks condeming Spencer but also doing the "fighting Nazis makes you bad too, don't stir up trouble" poo poo.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
How did he think that was gonna go

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I demand Tammy call in to give her take on this.

Do you think Spencer could take Legend on the stage?

Henchman of Santa fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Apr 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Haha gently caress that guy.

• Locked thread