Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

This is going to be the conclusion to the story, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
"Whaaaat are you talking about? I do not remember siring childreeeeen"
"extra thicc ring any bells"
"Oooooh. Yes I was drunk."

Sjs00 posted:

please listen to my opinion!!

no

your move :colbert:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Calaveron posted:

So did they say if this season's going to conclude the entire thing? Like will the Guardian and that one other time portal come up or is it assumed that it was also destroyed by Aku and hence the guardian too

Genndy mentioned that the Guardian was "taken into consideration"; whether that means he just got dunked on by Aku offscreen and covered by "destroyed all the time portals" remains to be seen.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Regalingualius posted:

So, is it just me, or did they very conspicuously not show Ghotsman's legs during that brief snippet we got to see of him?

Scotsman was never really fond of leg day

now that he's a ghost he should definitely just ditch them for a wispy ghost tail. OR ALTERNATELY HE SHOULD SHOOT GHOST BULLETS.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I'm just wondering if it's somehow going to be some kind of "blink and you'll miss it" foreshadowing.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

TwoPair posted:

Scotsman was never really fond of leg day

now that he's a ghost he should definitely just ditch them for a wispy ghost tail. OR ALTERNATELY HE SHOULD SHOOT GHOST BULLETS.

IT'S A GHOST LEG WHAT SHOOT GHOST TAIL BULLETS YA BABBY

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Regalingualius posted:

So, is it just me, or did they very conspicuously not show Ghotsman's legs during that brief snippet we got to see of him?

Presumably that was just because he was rising out of his body, so they would logically be obscured by his corpse, but actually showing that would look weird.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
If there's something strange
In your neighborhood
Who ya gonna call?

GHOST SCOTSMAN!

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

EagerSleeper posted:

Is that why they keep stripping Jack down to his skivvies every episode so that way we know

for sure he isn't a ghost underneath the white robe of his?

i think it's more to do with how transitive everything he does and has right now is, he basically can't start anything without it falling apart

but also

Sentient Data posted:

It's that insidious Female Gaze that creeps into every show

:captainpop:

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Magic Jack. :chanpop:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Das Boo posted:

Magic Jack. :chanpop:

And the sequel

Magic Jack: XTRA THICK

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Another reminder that Jack is awesome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87ZJp_mILAI

It's amazing how many of the best moments in the old show are done with minimalist art. Jack vs Shinobi comes to mind, too, as well as his fight against the beast in the haunted house.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

IronSaber posted:

If there's something strange
In your neighborhood
Who ya gonna call?

GHOST SCOTSMAN!
Aku: The FOOLISH SAMURAI has retrieved his sword. I, AKU, am defeated. But, at least it can't get any worse...

BAAAABBY. BAAAAAABBY. OI, BABBY!

Aku: Wha-WHO DARES SPEAK TO THE SHOGUN OF -

I BE HAUNTIN' YA!

Aku: NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.

Funky Valentine posted:

Aku: The FOOLISH SAMURAI has retrieved his sword. I, AKU, am defeated. But, at least it can't get any worse...

BAAAABBY. BAAAAAABBY. OI, BABBY!

Aku: Wha-WHO DARES SPEAK TO THE SHOGUN OF -

I BE HAUNTIN' YA!

Aku: NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Too bad we'll never see a fight between the Scotsman and the Scatman.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
LoL that would've lasted 30 seconds and then he'd have gotten an earful of bagpipes and there's NO WAY that wouldn't disrupt his mojo

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
http://imgur.com/a/CsDOT

In an imgur gallery, has a bunch of images of the upcoming Episode 6, including Ashi's new look and Aku's favorite head

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!
Are those the dancers from the rave episode? Figured they'd be older.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Ohh~! Something to look forward to!

Fionordequester
Dec 27, 2012

Actually, I respectfully disagree with you there. For as obviously flawed as this game is, there ARE a lot of really good things about it. The presentation and atmosphere, for example, are the most immediate things. No other Yu-Gi-Oh game goes out of the way to really make

Onmi posted:

http://imgur.com/a/CsDOT

In an imgur gallery, has a bunch of images of the upcoming Episode 6, including Ashi's new look and Aku's favorite head

Huh; seems all the stress's given poor Ashi a bad case of anorexia.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Kinda curious to see how SKAPADAPDEELALA is going to factor into this, considering how things went for them the last time we saw them.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Regalingualius posted:

Kinda curious to see how SKAPADAPDEELALA is going to factor into this, considering how things went for them the last time we saw them.

Someone's gotta tell Aku Jack doesn't have his sword.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Regalingualius posted:

They have some pretty important information. Aku has no idea Jack's sword is missing, right?

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Somberbrero posted:

They have some pretty important information. Aku has no idea Jack's sword is missing, right?
The 180-degree mood swing that Aku will pull upon hearing this news will be incredible. Mopey Aku to Triumphant Aku in the span of 10 gloriously animated seconds.

ZixTheYeti
Jul 12, 2005

Hellarious!

Tupperwarez posted:

The 180-degree mood swing that Aku will pull upon hearing this news will be incredible. Mopey Aku to Triumphant Aku in the span of 10 gloriously animated seconds.

If it's Aku doing a Grinch "awful idea" smile, I'm sold.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I'm hoping it'll be less comical and more terrifying, the one time in the series since the pilot where Aku is played totally serious. First, he's happy for obvious reasons. But then he realizes he's been cowering away for about fifty years for literally no reason. And then he gets angry. He becomes a tidal wave of UNSPEAKABLE EVIL and makes a beeline straight for Jack with enough raw rage that it makes Jack and the Haunted House look like kiddie poo poo. Everything in his path from forests to his own cities get decimated in his wrathful rampage as a great voice booms over the land "I'M COMING FOR YOU, SAMURAAAAI!"

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

So is there a chance his lair becomes Mt. Akuvius, then? :v:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Aku leaves so fast that his face flies off first, then his body.

Then his EYEBRRRROWWSSSSS

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Also, this needs to be experienced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xpURSoE_Ng

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Aku doesn't have the best track record of dealing with defeated, injured minions.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
One thing that's confusing to me is why Aku doesn't know Jack lost his sword. In the flash back that shows him losing it he's clean shaven and now he has a beard, so a some what significant amount of time must have passed. I guess Scaramouche was the first person to have Aku on speed dial?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

You guys like fanart, right?

Source

Man, all I want now is a classic-style episode that's just half an hour of Jack vs. Junkrat & Roadhog.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Evil Mastermind posted:

You guys like fanart, right?

Source

Man, all I want now is a classic-style episode that's just half an hour of Jack vs. Junkrat & Roadhog.

And then they are united by their mutual hatred of robots.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
X9 is basically if The Last Bastion ended with Bastion just getting murdered at the end.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

HE LIVES!

Jellymouth
Jul 9, 2009
Fun Shoe
HIPPITY HOP BABY

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Imagine if Jack was just at the rave having fun.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Hope she meets the Spartans

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Samurai Jack - "That guy looks like a talking penis"

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
They just really wanted a character on Samurai Jack to say the word "penis" huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

This episode is great.

• Locked thread