Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Peak frasier was that episode in season one where he sat at the cafeteria talking about life with other people for an entire episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I didn't realize "Everybody loves Raymond" warranted such a large salary. Probably because it sucks rear end.

Also this. It's like if BBT got even worse by telling the same joke about the same anecdote in a slightly different way for ten seasons.

Who am I kidding, two and a half men and BBT already does this

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Watch You're the worst

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Roz was a degenerate

yea a degenerate, fun, hot as hell sexpot

naem
May 29, 2011

a woman?? who has, sex????

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Tumble posted:

yea a degenerate, fun, hot as hell sexpot

why must we slutshame poor roz, who i strongly suspect went on to produce the savage lovecast

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I like the one where Roz gets a loan from Frasier, he thinks she's spending his money in all these wasteful ways, she has these very good explanations for everything and makes him feel terrible but it turns out she really was wasting the money. Kudos to you Roz gently caress that guy for being uptight.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I like the one where Roz gets a loan from Frasier, he thinks she's spending his money in all these wasteful ways, she has these very good explanations for everything and makes him feel terrible but it turns out she really was wasting the money. Kudos to you Roz gently caress that guy for being uptight.

They made an entire Everybody Loves Raymond episode about that. Except instead of that, it was literally just Ray yelling at his brother about spending loan money on a trip to Vegas.

sexy mouse
Sep 18, 2008

sexy eye~
sexy nose~
sexy mouse~
don't you know~
i like the one where roz wins a skip trip and but she can't go so she gives the tickets to frasier and they go and everyone is hitting on everyone and the ski instructor tihnks niles is gay and in the end everyone gets hit on except frasier

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

sexy mouse posted:

i like the one where roz wins a skip trip and but she can't go so she gives the tickets to frasier and they go and everyone is hitting on everyone and the ski instructor tihnks niles is gay and in the end everyone gets hit on except frasier

i watched that yesterday because of this thread. the dude from andy richter controls the universe was the gay dude

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
just watched a solid 10 minutes of niles and daphne talking about sex and rubbing themselves with ice cubes, west wing has nothing on frasier

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

maskenfreiheit posted:

just watched a solid 10 minutes of niles and daphne talking about sex and rubbing themselves with ice cubes, west wing has nothing on frasier

lol yeah that was a good episode

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Watching Frasier makes me horny my dudez

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I just watched the episode where Roz and Frasier ALMOST sleep together and man this is probably the best representation of two friends who wanted to get it on but stopped because their friendship is worth more than that

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
oh please Roz woulda been fine with a quick friendly screw it was Fraiser that wouldn't have been able to deal with it

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
I need to get this show on Netflix or something - just watched the imposter episode again (Fool Me Once, Shame on You, Fool Me Twice...) - Channel 4 cut the final line of "Trust no one, especially THAT lazy bastard!" which refers back to what Nathan Lane's character had just been saying, but they still left the line in the subtitles. And while googling that, I discover there's a whole Daphne anecdote they cut out (the punchline is fellatio) - always thought there was a strange jump in the laughter in that scene.

sexy mouse posted:

Probably my favourite episode, just a shame they couldn't get someone who could do a better British accent.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Was the episode where Frasier gets his caricature put in an italian restaurant the cringiest episode?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Ok I watched the first two seasons and jumped around 3-4 and felt like it has this weirdly sexist undertone that permeates like many episodes and jokes.

I really don't consider myself an oversensitive millennial, but the episode where Niles and Frasier keep breaking into the caretaker's room and invade her privacy, including while she is showering, is just played for laughs and I keep being like "This passed for 'smart' in the 90's?"

Or the episode of the Sex Addict from Cheers where the whole gag is "This chick slept with Frasier and a whole bunch of other losers and even though her fiance also cheated on her all the dudes she hosed were super lame so make fun of her"

or the episode where Frasier starts dating a psychology book writer, but her books are terrible and Frasier making fun of her books turns her on...

Does this eventually go away? Because I do like all the sniping.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

why would it go away? it's the 90's

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Maybe enjoy comedy and leave the butt hurt in the other room for 23 minutes

Besides, the biggest loser on the show has always been Frasier, going back to the Cheers days (sorry Cliff)

sexy mouse
Sep 18, 2008

sexy eye~
sexy nose~
sexy mouse~
don't you know~

Calaveron posted:

Was the episode where Frasier gets his caricature put in an italian restaurant the cringiest episode?

nah anything involving goth freddy was... i can't remember if that was more than one episode or not

the show as a whole treated kids and teens really weird, like they were all loser potheads

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

sexy mouse posted:

nah anything involving goth freddy was... i can't remember if that was more than one episode or not

the show as a whole treated kids and teens really weird, like they were all loser potheads

There was the one where Frasier gets reamed by Teen Scene

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Bust Rodd posted:

Ok I watched the first two seasons and

If we get banned for trash talking marxists in D&D, these posts should earn a ban in here.

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

Carpet posted:

I need to get this show on Netflix or something - just watched the imposter episode again (Fool Me Once, Shame on You, Fool Me Twice...) - Channel 4 cut the final line of "Trust no one, especially THAT lazy bastard!" which refers back to what Nathan Lane's character had just been saying, but they still left the line in the subtitles. And while googling that, I discover there's a whole Daphne anecdote they cut out (the punchline is fellatio) - always thought there was a strange jump in the laughter in that scene.

Yeah there's some rough cuts in some C4 eps due it being part of their breakfast rotation. A lot of references sex/hooker references and some mild language got cut.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
"That's not how you spell fellatio" is one of those legendary deliveries that is up there with Ross's first WE WERE ON A BREAK and JD's where do you think we are

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Man but does David Hyde Pierce lose A LOT of hair between Season 7 Ep. 24 and Season 8 Ep. 1

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I like the episode where Frasier and Niles are hoping they are related to the Russian royal family, but then it turns out their great-grandmother was a literal thieving whore.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Solice Kirsk posted:

I like the episode where Frasier and Niles are hoping they are related to the Russian royal family, but then it turns out their great-grandmother was a literal thieving whore.

Thieving scullery maid

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Calaveron posted:

JD's where do you think we are

:smith:

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I don't remember that "Where do you think we are" bit?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I wish my voice sounded half as smooth and velvety as Kelsey Grammer's

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e__1KU7lg-4

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

whyd frasier shoot his dad in the hip

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcwstgNMbOA

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
That rules.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

There should have been an episode where Roz sues for hostile work environment and brings up all the times her boss and his brother blasted her sex life. The B plot is Martin keeps losing his MAGA hat, and it turns out Daphne keeps hiding it.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I KNOW, I KNOW! Sadly.

I think it was the conclusion/reveal at the end of an episode in which Brendan Fraser's character dies, but Cox has been hallucinating him as still alive the whole time. Something something birthday party is actually a funeral.

e: Nevermind. Beaten with actual video.

e2: At least I was right? and also I kind of like that song.

burial fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Apr 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Who's the lawful evil one? That's not Lilith