Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zhaan
Aug 7, 2012

Always like this.
Using the Fortune abilities doesn't pass time, right? I never used them in my initial playthrough but I'd like to zip through my Confidants on NG+.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Zhaan posted:

Using the Fortune abilities doesn't pass time, right? I never used them in my initial playthrough but I'd like to zip through my Confidants on NG+.

No.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
No abilities take time as far as I am aware.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

CharlestheHammer posted:

No abilities take time as far as I am aware.

Making Coffee/Curry does

And infiltration tools.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Zhaan
Aug 7, 2012

Always like this.

Sweet, thank you.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

time to button mash

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I feel sorry for anyone who didn't pick "Time to Button Mash!" :allears:.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Trick Question posted:

I don't know about protagonist name, but the group is obviously the Wet Bandits.

I named my group Zengakuren, because studying the history of the Japanese Left in school really pays off.

Also currently I have no desire to play NG+ or get an enhanced edition of this game. But If I could transfer my save file to play NG+ on an enhanced version, I would totally consider it.

Also since people mentioned Tokyo Mirage Sessions, if I love this game would I like that one

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I named my group Zengakuren, because studying the history of the Japanese Left in school really pays off.

Also currently I have no desire to play NG+ or get an enhanced edition of this game. But If I could transfer my save file to play NG+ on an enhanced version, I would totally consider it.

Also since people mentioned Tokyo Mirage Sessions, if I love this game would I like that one

Maybe? Its a lot like Persona just without social links and also it follows kids trying to make it in showbiz instead of kids trying to high school

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Do you like J-Pop? This is a serious question that will affect the answer to your own.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Zore posted:

Making Coffee/Curry does

And infiltration tools.

That's a story unlock!

Fair point about the coffee tho.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Quick, someone post a number 1 through 9 and decide on a girlfriend for New Game Plus.

Always the right choice.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

ajkalan posted:

Quick, someone post a number 1 through 9 and decide on a girlfriend for New Game Plus.

Always the right choice.

Makoto

wait gently caress... 3????

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Congrats to Chihaya! Her thirst shall finally be quenched.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Do you like J-Pop? This is a serious question that will affect the answer to your own.

Well, I liked Tokyo Jihen and m-flo back in the day.

High-pitched idol stuff, not so much

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I want to max out my social links and compendium in NG+.
But all these stupid dungeons keep getting in my way.
I guess I sorta need the dungeons for the compendium.
I guess.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Well, I liked Tokyo Jihen and m-flo back in the day.

High-pitched idol stuff, not so much

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFFuzwWZNsE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQdrwhP8l30

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

CharlestheHammer posted:

That's a story unlock!

Fair point about the coffee tho.

A story unlock that's a confidant ability.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The little bounce at the end makes it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Morgana's idle animations are really good. I could save time by getting Temperance to make coffee but his expressions in that scene are all great

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Trick Question posted:

I don't know about protagonist name, but the group is obviously the Wet Bandits.

gently caress I'm mad I didn't think of that on my first playthrough.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Trick Question posted:

Same.

Is it scripted that one of your party members will eat his specially-named killshot right at the end? It feels thematically appropriate. If not, I feel extremely lucky.

Party members saving your rear end is great, but this game takes it to the next level with Futaba. She absorbed a mega attack in the final boss battle that I was about to eat on the face. I'd expected I'd survive it, but the fact that she stepped in maybe suggests she didn't, and I'd have lost the fight at the cusp of victory. It was super fitting because she ended up being my MC's romance option, so it felt proper that she'd save his life when he needed her.

EDIT: Tokyo Mirage Sessions is clunky and kind of badly balanced in terms of difficulty. I found it overly frustrating by the fourth dungeon but the stylish battles can probably win over a lot of people. I didn't like its romantic view of the Japanese entertainment industry, overall, it didn't seem self-aware enough of how toxic that environment was and the premise loses traction over time. If you love the atmosphere, you may like it, there's a lot of charm, but it misses more marks than it hits.

8-Bit Scholar fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Apr 19, 2017

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I named my group Autobots Go! because I'm a child. And really, who can say mad at the Autobots?!

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Nakamura isn't a member of the Bullet Club!!!!!

The Thieves are really more like Los Ingobernables anyway, so there's my suggestion.

He was in my universe! Nah but I didn't know about naming the team beforehand, and with all the shooting they were doing it just all lined up too well for me. None of the names have really grabbed me so far, if anyone has other ideas throw them out there.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Very true, next time I'll choose one of the lesser options... maybe, but I probably can't resist.

I do think I'll muster a great deal of self control and not romance everyone I can this time, probably going to come down to Makoto or Hifumi. I romanced Futaba and chose her for the special date visits, and I highly recommend it. Her reaction lent a lot of gravitas to a certain late-game moment.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
this game having jokes that are actually funny is maybe my favorite thing about it

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Look at his cute little cat hands hanging out of the bag, all of Mona's animation are so good :3:

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
100:26 clear. I failed you, double digit gods :negative:

That ending was sublime, even if it took forever to get there.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Jesus loving christ the palace 7 boss is brutal. Three phases AND extra actions? gently caress me. Not even Siegfried could save my rear end. I should probably try and stock up on recovery items, or grind some more, cause gently caress me that's a hell of a slog.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I did this to my cat. It annoyed him somewhat but he still took it in stride.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Pollyanna posted:

Jesus loving christ the palace 7 boss is brutal. Three phases AND extra actions? gently caress me. Not even Siegfried could save my rear end. I should probably try and stock up on recovery items, or grind some more, cause gently caress me that's a hell of a slog.

I don't think I had any particularly special personas by then. I did get a lot of mileage out of Haru's Karn reflect skills at some points, and you should have the SP items to keep using them without much issue. Maxing out your team's confidant ranks so they get an evade bonus to their weakness can be a huge help too. To me it was definitely the biggest slog of a boss fight in the game though, it's right up there with the Kamoshida fight which was tough because I didn't even have media to throw around.

If you haven't been already, be sure to throw attack down and defense down on the boss whenever you can, and defense up on the party. If you can keep those debuffs/buffs up and reapply them when they run out or are dispelled pretty much any boss in the game becomes a cakewalk.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

NowonSA posted:

Maxing out your team's confidant ranks so they get an evade bonus to their weakness can be a huge help too.

IIRC, he does all his elemental attacks in a preset order (the same order they're listed on the analysis screen), so if you pay attention to his pattern you can just guard on that turn and never get hit by elemental weaknesses.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Those aren't too bad. I guess that helps my chances of getting a Wii U at some point

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I love that Sojrio's all too aware you take Morgana everywhere with you, stuffed into your bag. Though I'm almost sad you never get caught out at school with a cat stuffed under your desk every day.

Kinda half-expected Kawakami to comment on it at some point during her Confidant rank-ups.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I just assumed that you were known throughout school as the catboy and everyone was too scared by your reputation to confront you about it.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I wouldn't last 5 minutes in Joker's shoes, I would be petting that cat constantly and Morgana would just run off in disgust

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i kind of hate morgana. "we aren't going to do that today" over and over again for no apparent reason. why the heck is this cat giving orders about daily life?
The cat is your probation officer.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

cheetah7071 posted:

I wouldn't last 5 minutes in Joker's shoes, I would be petting that cat constantly and Morgana would just run off in disgust

Seriously, why do you never get an opportunity to pet that fuckin' cat? :sigh:

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Seriously, why do you never get an opportunity to pet that fuckin' cat? :sigh:

You'd never finish the game.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

corn on the cop posted:

100:26 clear. I failed you, double digit gods :negative:

That ending was sublime, even if it took forever to get there.

Agreed. That ending left me feeling good, even though there were two endings before it.

126 Hours

I have a lot of mixed feelings. A part of me says I like this game more than Persona 4 and it belongs in my favourite game lists. Another part of me was disappointed with some aspects of the story and felt the impact of finishing P4 was a greater degree.

Overall, this is a definitive gaming moment for me and I'll be obsessed with P5 for time to come

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Being bossed around by a cat is the most realistic aspect of the game, clearly.

Also man, I thought I was on track to complete the compendium, but forgot that some of the fusions require really specific personae, even though they're not advanced fusions. Also one of the treasure demons didn't show up even though I actively sought them out each dungeon. There was a weird level-jump in the treasure demons for some reason.

Looks like I'll have to figure out how to get the Hope Diamond and Alice in New Game+