Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

everdave posted:

Total brake failure is literally edging on impossible in a modern car even a lovely bug.

Tell that to an 00s Ford or GM truck owner.
I've had 3 major brake failures on my truck in 2 years even.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yeah especially up north when brake lines disintegrate it's pretty common and scary actually.

Bibendum
Sep 5, 2003
nunc est Bibendum

Elephanthead posted:

Isn't there some VW automobile in Valentine that needs a modern bug transplant?

I know there is a transaxle adapter plate that would accomplish this but why would anyone do that. An older TDI engine however...

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Shrugs Not Drugs posted:

Tell that to an 00s Ford or GM truck owner.
I've had 3 major brake failures on my truck in 2 years even.

Will concede. Don't have rust here.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
So I'm stuck downtown after I lost my wallet a day and a half ago, slept in a bush, been panhandling and made enough to finally eat something. Going into day two of being sober, my phone is turned off, my rent assistance came back as declined despite psych recommending it for continuation, my cash assistance and food stamps are ending this month because I missed a letter saying I had an interview I needed to do. My parents called and said they were going broke taking care of my grandmother in her final says and any Avenue of assistance from them was now over. I got two non running cars, and I'll be on the street in two months. It's 3:30am and I'm sitting on the Blade downtown because I missed the last bus to ballard and my knee went out

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Do you still have your tools?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah but that isuzu taught me I'm done loving wrenching on anything that isn't mine. I was going to offer my KRL722 box and cart on Craigslist as want to trade for RV so I have a place to keep Rosie. Shes literally the only reason I'm trying to get home, the rest of it I'm walking away from. I've slept with a palmed blade the last two days for safety for a couple hours at a time. But the people of the street nod at me as I walk by. I finally blend in. I belong out here.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Photos from my walkabout

They're waiting for me.

Currently off Dearborn heading towards the Jungle for any seattle goons keeping a map.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

So why are you still in Seattle? There is literally nothing keeping you there - unless pain, brokenness, and misery are your actual goals in life. In that case, you've hit the jackpot.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

Deteriorata posted:

So why are you still in Seattle? There is literally nothing keeping you there

DICK DICER posted:

Rosie. Shes literally the only reason I'm trying to get home...

Not empty quoting.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
for fucks sake.

Is there anyway we can make Rosie his legal guardian?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Found a huge box of chargers, cables, headphones etc next to the Holgate Goodwill dumpsters, including some Sennheiser ear buds I'm keeping for myself.

....Ballard is south of the Stadiums, right?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
A goon angel picked me up at the king metro transit center looking for my lost wallet. No dice. Gave me a ride home, bought me breakfast, and is out fixing the red bug so I can get a nap. I'm considering his offer of contacts working fishing boats out of Alaska for the summer.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
Careful, Alaska is tough. The first person you'll meet will be the flight attendant, the second will be the Dutch Harbor drug dealer. If you get onto a clean boat, you'll have no choice but to sober up.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Are there any clean boats? I worked cargo up there and all I heard about was drugs and knife fights.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

DICK DICER posted:

A goon angel picked me up at the king metro transit center looking for my lost wallet. No dice. Gave me a ride home, bought me breakfast, and is out fixing the red bug so I can get a nap. I'm considering his offer of contacts working fishing boats out of Alaska for the summer.

Given today's date, was he bearded, wearing a white robe and sandals?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Are there any clean boats? I worked cargo up there and all I heard about was drugs and knife fights.

Yeah, from Seattle to Alaska is just digging deeper. But I gave up thinking there would be good choices in this thread a long time ago. :v:

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

There are some, but the waiting list is usually long and experienced, unlike the bottom-tier boats. I've done time in Dutch, that's the best way of describing it.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Just gonna leave this right here

https://clyp.it/5iblue5n

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Dude just go to nebraska or colorado or somewhere that it's not cloudy all the time and where you don't know all the meth dealers.

Seriously life's great out in the continental west and there are places that are warmer than nebraska too.

Colorado has so many crazy old trucks out in fields, you could sell yourself as the guy that gets them going.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

DICK DICER posted:

Maybe you'll end up on that crab fishing show, impress the producers and convince them to give you your own show. I know I'd watch "gently caress This loving Car!!" The 14 Inch Chronicles.

Seriously dude I hope you get a break, the god of octane seems to have it in for you at the moment. I know you don't want to leave Rosie with your folks again but a safe place for her while you get yourself sorted out may not be all that bad.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I'm in Renton right now getting some laundry done. Bug has half brake pedal, got a notice inn the pail about a speed trap camera ticket. 30 in a 20 school zone when flashing, 30 normally. License is suspended haven't paid my first payment on other tickets. Still sober

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Good job, keep staying sober and even though it sucks consider taking the bus till you get your license restored

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

DICK DICER posted:

I'm in Renton right now getting some laundry done. Bug has half brake pedal, got a notice inn the pail about a speed trap camera ticket. 30 in a 20 school zone when flashing, 30 normally. License is suspended haven't paid my first payment on other tickets. Still sober

Lay low my man set sights on greener pastures

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice
I find myself torn between wanting to offer you my guest bedroom and wanting to shake you until your head falls off.
Stay safe and sober, amigo. Life can get better.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

GOD IS BED posted:

I find myself torn between wanting to offer you my guest bedroom and wanting to shake you until your head falls off.
Stay safe and sober, amigo. Life can get better.

I just dropped the bartery the goon bought for my honda and split it open all over the sidewalk

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Return under warranty

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Leperflesh posted:

Return under warranty
Yeah, especially if the reason you dropped it is that the handle failed.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
They said no go so I just turned it in

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
i did that once, was going to take it back to costco to warranty it and dropped it 6", landed on the corner and cracked it off

paid full price for a new one

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Shoulda slammed it on your dick first before turning it in, offset the bad luck.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

BraveUlysses posted:

i did that once, was going to take it back to costco to warranty it and dropped it 6", landed on the corner and cracked it off

paid full price for a new one

You managed to find something Costco wouldn't accept a return on? That's impressive.

So uh, now that you're out two cars? What's the odds of selling the Beetle to get the Civic running? I mean, I know it's not ideal, but you've got to get out of there somehow, and you're going to need at least one car.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Jesus Christ man

EvellSnoats
Oct 22, 2010
Reply with a pic of the battery split with my user name taped on it along with the telephone # of your nearest TBA store and I will spring for the replacement Monday. Edit: If I can all in sooner and it gets you out of there I will make it happen.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I already disposed of it but I can try to see if they'll gI've it back

E:TBA store?

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider
*sold for meth

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress you. I called dyno batteries, I can come get it monday.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
But seriously, gently caress you

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

put the bug's battery in the honda, somehow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Get out of Seattle or I will mod challenge you.

Adiabatic fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Apr 22, 2017

• Locked thread