Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

he put the quotes around R instead of win for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Duscat posted:

the more they keep pulling this though, the more people are going to get tired of the party that takes away their healthcare and their schools and their environmental protections always winning through technicalities and glitches

Yeah just like people were going to get tired of it repeatedly over the past like 40 goddamn years.

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
what anti-trans tv show are you people talking about

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

deadgoon posted:

Between two ferns

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lmao if Trump telling people that the Republican won confuses Republican turnout in June

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
trump's a big "r" that's correct

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Baloogan posted:

so did trump lose or win? i don't know who ossoff is, i don't know anyhing

trump, trump never changes

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Winkie01 posted:

https://twitter.com/bluestein/status/854546376549650432

3 million, they are going to spend so much money running up till....when ever the next vote is

I love how they talk about how evil liberals were buying ads but then are proud that tnhey helped by buying ads

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

is the right-wing thing just to declare yourself the winner no matter what?

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

deadgoon posted:

it is literally called Atlanta. donald glover stars and produces and maybe writes for it?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Fidel Castronaut posted:

yeah, i felt a bit uncomfortable with what happened in episode 2 but ultimately it didn't seem like the show was endorsing that.

episode 2 goes to some realllllllllly uncomfortable spots

i can see the argument on how it can be received as being transphobic, yet the scene wasn't being played for laughs or a throwaway gag; it was showing the reality of a situation (i'd also kind of argue it also showed the institutional side of things as well)

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Uncle Wemus posted:

yeah. seems to be working, too.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Duscat posted:

the more they keep pulling this though, the more people are going to get tired of the party that takes away their healthcare and their schools and their environmental protections always winning through technicalities and glitches

Hi you must be new here

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Augus posted:

I love how they talk about how evil liberals were buying ads but then are proud that tnhey helped by buying ads

I think it might have been a good strategic decision for Ossoff to buy ads in the GA district that was voting and not in Hollywood!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Uncle Wemus posted:

ye

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Uncle Wemus posted:

also rigging elections to make it true, but yeah

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
hey hey hey trump won in georga and this is a suprize?

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Phone posted:

episode 2 goes to some realllllllllly uncomfortable spots

i can see the argument on how it can be received as being transphobic, yet the scene wasn't being played for laughs or a throwaway gag; it was showing the reality of a situation (i'd also kind of argue it also showed the institutional side of things as well)

agreed

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Baloogan posted:

so did trump lose or win? i don't know who ossoff is, i don't know anyhing

I'll help:

Ossoff needed 50% of the vote tonight to avoid a runoff vote in June. He came in 48.6%. Even if it wasn't rigged (there was some counting trouble on the last district to come in and he stood at 50.3%), he's basically made it a 50/50 going into June in a district that usually goes heavily for Republicans by about 20% or so but went for Trump by a measly 1%.

In short, Trump is sinking the Republican brand and Ossoff ran on opposing Trump, meaning that the Republicans are losing a lot of their big red districts. Ossoff's opponent is a woman that Trump didn't back and she has various issues like running a breast cancer charity which funneled most of the proceeds to her, allowing her to collect a 700k salary from donations.

Trump is making a lot of surefire Republican districts competitive and he's only three months into his reign, and the Republicans are freaking out and trying to push narrative because Trump is discouraging Republican voters en masse...and this is before tonight's revelation that Trump will keep Obama's agreement with Iran, meaning no Iran invasion.

In short? Trump is loving the GOP hard and he's only three months in, and the Republicans have over a year to go before the next elections start, and this could mean that the House of Representative flips going into 2018 in a 'wave election' much like 2006.

sexpig by night posted:

'we spent millions fighting him, he's going to the runoff, he got near double our lady's numbers, but WE WON'

The GOP is now officially shook. Losing in Kansas and Georgia this early in the game means their base is giving up on Trump.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Baloogan posted:

hey hey hey trump won in georga and this is a suprize?

p sure it's goin to a runoff baloogs so nobody's really won anything yet

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
im officially confused but trump is happy and thats all that matters

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Trump wins. This is a victory post

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Chokes McGee posted:

p sure it's goin to a runoff baloogs so nobody's really won anything yet

this isn't the fact thread, go post in there you deviant

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

In short? Trump is loving the GOP hard and he's only three months in, and the Republicans have over a year to go before the next elections start, and this could mean that the House of Representative flips going into 2018 in a 'wave election' much like 2006.

I'll believe this when Ds actually show up en masse for midterms

I'll also be out there trying to get them there

namaste

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

I'm the frozen golem on the left

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
you're welcome baloogan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_BGKyAKigs

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

issues like running a breast cancer charity which funneled most of the proceeds to her, allowing her to collect a 700k salary from donations.

so why again aren't we killing and eating these people?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
What did Steve King do?

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
donald "j" trump

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

C-Euro posted:

Hi you must be new here

there's a watershed thing going on right now though

the republicans are now in full power

they are attempting to enact all the grannies-eat-catfood legislation they've been promising, that sounded so good when a black man was president

but doesn't sound so great now that the president promises wins after wins, and OUR grannies eating cat food isn't actually a win

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Office Pig posted:

this isn't the fact thread, go post in there you deviant

don't you sass me in this reality everything is true at once, even things that contradict themselves

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Yep, good job GA-06 Republicans, your gal won, just like Trump said! Don't mind any political ads or requests until 2018, you're all in the clear

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

gradenko_2000 posted:

What did Steve King do?

be a monster

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Solarin posted:

he put the quotes around R instead of win for some reason

I won't ask how he 'won' considering the guy he backed didn't even make it to the runoff election.

Then again, Trump might have benefited if he shut up and didn't give Ossoff a push nationally to boost the 'AntiTrump' platform that Ossoff ran on. Of course, that's par for course with T-Rump: claim victory when the battle has only just begun because reality is subject to your mad, sad whims.

Ironically enough, the GOP might save the House if they impeach Trump. He's certainly turning out the Democrats and Democrat-leaning people in big numbers. Enough to affect 20% R districts at least.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Uncle Wemus posted:

duh? did you just turn on your tv for the first time in a decade or something

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Are you saying trump is a big fat mess??

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

VectorSigma posted:

so why again aren't we killing and eating these people?

we'd be shot arrested and dosed with expired murder drugs

and that's if you're white

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Duscat posted:

there's a watershed thing going on right now though

the republicans are now in full power

they are attempting to enact all the grannies-eat-catfood legislation they've been promising, that sounded so good when a black man was president

but doesn't sound so great now that the president promises wins after wins, and OUR grannies eating cat food isn't actually a win

nothing matters

• Locked thread