Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Ironically enough, the GOP might save the House if they impeach Trump.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

gradenko_2000 posted:

What did Steve King do?

legal immigrant gets deported without due process
Steve king: bring out the beers boys!

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Baloogan posted:

im officially confused but trump is happy and thats all that matters

you know that's not true. trump cannot feel happiness anymore, just the absence of pain

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

gradenko_2000 posted:

What did Steve King do?

Exist

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
that one guy is super mad about bein gay

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

"the republicans will almost certainly win, which is great news for the democrats" -- the hottest takes of the night

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Admiral Ray posted:

you know that's not true. trump cannot feel happiness anymore, just the absence of pain

you know how when you hit yourself in the head with a hammer for 24 hours and stop it feels really good?

that's how Trump feels happiness :cenobite:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Consummate Professional posted:

Are you saying trump is a big fat mess??

Not only that, but he's probably going to hand the Democrats the House in 2018 without much fuss. If this continues maybe the Senate losses will be lessened if not reversed. Some people might call that hopeful, but Trump is causing major red districts to be toss-ups. At this point it's very hard to see how the GOP is going to reverse this because the Dems and independents simply hate Trump.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Duscat posted:

there's a watershed thing going on right now though

the republicans are now in full power

they are attempting to enact all the grannies-eat-catfood legislation they've been promising, that sounded so good when a black man was president

but doesn't sound so great now that the president promises wins after wins, and OUR grannies eating cat food isn't actually a win

I mean seriouspost I do think it'll happen eventually, but trying to divine the future in any meaningful way is a fool's errand in this timeline.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

I won't ask how he 'won' considering the guy he backed didn't even make it to the runoff election.

Then again, Trump might have benefited if he shut up and didn't give Ossoff a push nationally to boost the 'AntiTrump' platform that Ossoff ran on. Of course, that's par for course with T-Rump: claim victory when the battle has only just begun because reality is subject to your mad, sad whims.

Ironically enough, the GOP might save the House if they impeach Trump. He's certainly turning out the Democrats and Democrat-leaning people in big numbers. Enough to affect 20% R districts at least.

Thats kinda whats wierd about these elections, they're all in deep red areas and they're narrow wins for the republicans. So what the hell is going to happen in all the districts that went red by 10% or less?

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Chokes McGee posted:

we'd be shot arrested and dosed with expired murder drugs

and that's if you're white

oh yeah forgot about that part

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
Was on twitter earlier that if Ossoff didn't win he wanted to go against Handel the most. so he got his wish at least

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

you like trump huh

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

tacodaemon posted:

"the republicans will almost certainly win, which is great news for the democrats" -- the hottest takes of the night

the runner up has like 18% lmao

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Shady vote counting poo poo that swings things for the republicans is something that I find impossible to laugh at, personally

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
you gotta be in love with ur sadness like 1990s billie corgan to cling to the belief that trump is doing well and will continue to do well in 2018

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
what happens if we ever get another dem administration

will they actually do anything

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

proof of concept posted:

Shady vote counting poo poo that swings things for the republicans is something that I find impossible to laugh at, personally

Oh yeah, that warrants a knife in the base of the skull for everyone involved.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

proof of concept posted:

it happens so often :agreed:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

deadgoon posted:

yes if we primary every current dem and put in real leftist ones, as we should

so many people would vote for actual leftists instead of wall street politicians

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Credit where credit is due - i predicted a flood of suck zone whiners and they didn't materialize

My apologies, SKULL.GIF

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

deadgoon posted:

well there's that one guy who promised to restore the filibuster for nominations, ensuring that it will only ever benefit republicans

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

tacodaemon posted:

"our defeat will guarantee us victory in the future! it will be our turn!" --a senior official moments before they're rendered to ash and the rest of time

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Epic High Five posted:

Credit where credit is due - i predicted a flood of suck zone whiners and they didn't materialize

My apologies, SKULL.GIF

the dnd trump thread has the lion's share of that, right now

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Duscat posted:

yes if we primary every current dem and put in real leftist ones, as we should

is that happening

is the DSA strong enough to pull that off

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

gradenko_2000 posted:

What did Steve King do?

Steve King: Pouring out a cold one for racism!

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

so is the runoff in june confirmed or nah

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Fidel Castronaut posted:

you gotta be in love with ur sadness like 1990s billie corgan to cling to the belief that trump is doing well and will continue to do well in 2018

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Not only that, but he's probably going to hand the Democrats the House in 2018 without much fuss. If this continues maybe the Senate losses will be lessened if not reversed. Some people might call that hopeful, but Trump is causing major red districts to be toss-ups. At this point it's very hard to see how the GOP is going to reverse this because the Dems and independents simply hate Trump.

It's turnout versus turnout, as always. What little we've seen suggests Trump actually bumps up Republican turnout a lil but Dems can ride the back of the hate wave to mobilize voters.

Flipping the house in 2018 requires the dem establishment to actually treat midterms like an important election and not poo poo the bed, and that's something I quite frankly don't have a lot of confidence in

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Weeping Wound posted:

"our defeat will guarantee us victory in the future! it will be our turn!" --a senior official moments before they're rendered to ash and the rest of time

senior officials dying is good and cool so yeah

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I think the Heitkamp just had a Berniecrat announce a primary challenge to her fwiw

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Uncle Wemus posted:

so is the runoff in june confirmed or nah

y... e... s...?

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

deadgoon posted:

is that happening

is the DSA strong enough to pull that off

it happened in ca at least

i mean not at the congressional or senate level but sanders supporters have basically taken over the state dem party

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
i remember the 90s

i sure was wrong about everything

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Office Pig posted:

the dnd trump thread

I got a little nauseous just reading that

how can you wander into that pit of howling insanity

why would you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im fine with the results, this isnt good news for republicans outside souther shitholes

• Locked thread