Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Wait, Dees is a flat-earther? I figured that would be a bridge too far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

I think I found my sign for the March for Science on Saturday!

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

I you guessed NASA is secretly underwater you get a cookie. Here is the video that accompanied this cartoon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6IZUq6v92I

Faustian Bargain posted:

Well this week he is anyway. Next week he might find out the earth is round...but we are on the inside.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

"actor" Bill Nye

hmm yes it's not like he has a BS in Mechanical Engineering from Cornell University.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Angepain posted:

*puts envelope to forehead, closes eyes* in some space picture some lens artifact almost looks like bubbles if you squint, thereby proving that the whole thing was secretly filmed underwater to simulate floating in zero gravity.

How'd I do?

Flecks of junk in video float upwards. This obviously means the entire international space station was filmed underwater. Also that the entire conspiracy didn't notice the four obvious "bubbles" but one neckbeard did *wank*

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

SSNeoman posted:

"actor" Bill Nye

hmm yes it's not like he has a BS in Mechanical Engineering from Cornell University.

Bill Nye has a PhD in every subject and no one will tell me differently.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

tyblazitar posted:

Mike Flugennock is one of the few really good leftist cartoonists we got, and it's incomprehensible to me how people look at his toons and see a conservative. :psyduck:

Why is this missing the first panel? https://thenib.com/onward-christian-soldiers

What do you mean by "really good"?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
What's the current rationale that the Trump people offer as to why he won't release his tax returns? They had that bullshit audit excuse during the campaign but what is it now?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

What's the current rationale that the Trump people offer as to why he won't release his tax returns? They had that bullshit audit excuse during the campaign but what is it now?

I'm gonna guess screaming "CUCK" loud as they possibly can.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Thanks to Dees for reminding me to renew my Science Man subscription

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Cut that sentence by half, fish and you have a good, if boilerplate, cartoon.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Honestly I really like the art on this one. Its like if Son of Man was a heavy metal album cover.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

I do like that DDees isn't really even able to articulate what he imagines is the evidence that the world is flat he just GRR SCIENCE MAN SAY WORLD SPHEROID ME HATE SCIENCE MAN!

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Angepain posted:

*puts envelope to forehead, closes eyes* in some space picture some lens artifact almost looks like bubbles if you squint, thereby proving that the whole thing was secretly filmed underwater to simulate floating in zero gravity.

How'd I do?

Also gravity can do lensing! Very rarely you can get images of stuff behind a massive object because it had precisely the right mass to bend the light from whatever is behind it and refocus it right on wherever you're viewing from.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Rep. Markwayne Mullin says it’s ‘bull crap’ that constituents pay his salary

Recapture Canyon area sees ATV ban lifted

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Jay Rust posted:

Taking 33 seconds to debunk flat earth seems, like, really bad

The first thirty seconds is just staring in disbelief that somebody actually thinks the world is flat, and then pointing out "We have pictures from space", speaking slowly out of consideration for their clear mental disability

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I was thinking about thread favourite Scott Adams this morning, so I took a peek at his blog.

Most recent entries:

The Air Comes Out of the Anti-Trump Balloon
Posted April 18th, 2017 @ 11:32am

How to Structure a Deal With North Korea
Posted April 17th, 2017 @ 6:06am in #Trump #North Korea

Am I Shadowbanned on Twitter?
Posted April 14th, 2017 @ 9:37am in #Trump #Twitter #shadowban

I won't be reading any of it.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Such a lust for revenge...

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

tap my mountain posted:

Such a lust for revenge...

Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo?!

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Bill Nye rules, flat earthers drool, NASA rocking out in space 24/7. AGC.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

I was thinking about thread favourite Scott Adams this morning, so I took a peek at his blog.

Most recent entries:

The Air Comes Out of the Anti-Trump Balloon
Posted April 18th, 2017 @ 11:32am

I won't be reading any of it.
You, a famous person, being shadowbanned on Twitter is the dumbest thing to be paranoid over. You probably get a ton of likes and retweets on nearly everything you write, so it'd take all of two seconds to realize nobody wasn't seeing your poo poo.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

He's still going on about that?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Jay Rust posted:

This one is fun because if you read it, you will see he literally understands nothing about Korea or China. Like, one of his plans is "China takes over the DMZ and North Korea gets to say that they claimed the land, and South Korea will be relieved that China is there since China would never attack them."

Pants Donkey posted:

You, a famous person, being shadowbanned on Twitter is the dumbest thing to be paranoid over. You probably get a ton of likes and retweets on nearly everything you write, so it'd take all of two seconds to realize nobody wasn't seeing your poo poo.

That's actually why he claims that he was shadowbanned. He said he'd post pro-Trump articles and links, and a bunch of people following him on Twitter were saying "Yo I'm not seeing your tweets," and when he gave a direct link to the tweet, it would say "This tweet is unavailable." For a while he was making tweets mentioning "kittens" to avoid it, and he claims when he did this, people were able to see his tweets, but if he mentioned Trump directly, they would not. He also claims Periscope purposely crashed his stream when he started talking about Trump, and that his girlfriend's Instagram had the blue verification badge removed on inauguration day.

This then prompted him to say that Twitter removing people's tweets should be considered treason.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Jay Rust posted:

Taking 33 seconds to debunk flat earth seems, like, really bad

He might wanted to include a lot of swearing and vicious personal attacks. That can take a while.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Faustian Bargain posted:

then you haven't Dees-ed enough

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

First Dog on the Moon:

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
This one is good & right. I don't think it's advocating the flat earth as much as sending up the whole TV smarty science man phenom.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Wait, Dees is even so paranoid and dumb that he thinks the earth is flat? Holy hell!

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Gazpacho posted:

This one is good & right. I don't think it's advocating the flat earth as much as sending up the whole TV smarty science man phenom.

Dees doesn't do parody.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
Didn't Tyson get trolled into a rap battle over the shape of the earth?

quote:

SOMETHING TERRIBLE HAPPENED to you in outer space. All you can remember are the last few moments, the sun fading to a speck as you and your crew broke free from the solar system, the ship’s systems suddenly shutting down, the panic and blackness inside, shouting and sobbing, outside the phosphorescent fringes of the wormhole as it opened up in front of you—and then you woke up, sweat-slick in your own bed at sunrise, with the birds singing outside, in another universe. You are trapped in the world of the popular TV astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson, and you know this, because here the sunrise isn’t a sunrise at all.

In fact, the earth is a sphere orbiting the sun, so the sun does not in any sense actually ‘rise’—it’s just that you happen to be positioned right on the moving line, known as the ‘terminator’, that separates the illuminated portion of the planet from its dark side. And the birds singing aren’t really singing—actually, they’re just emitting a series of noises without any of the tonal qualities that distinguish singing from other vocal emissions. And the bed isn’t yours, because scientists have never been able to find any way of isolating ‘ownership’ in the physical composition of any object. You jump out of bed and start banging frantically at the walls. Is there no way out?
https://www.wired.com/2016/04/neil-degrasse-tyson-black-hole-sucking-fun-universe/

Gazpacho fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Apr 19, 2017

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Jay Rust posted:

Recapture Canyon area sees ATV ban lifted
God it's amazing how much a lot of people in UT hate their main money making industry and want to gently caress it over by selling it out or making it worse.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Gazpacho posted:

Dees is a man who believes there is a vast untapped reservoir of clean drinking water deep beneath the earth's crust, that scientists and governments have covered up to maintain their control on the populace. He is absolutely not above advocating that the earth is flat and that any evidence of space missions is fabricated.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

"Oops, I forgot to tell a joke! Write one for me."

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

The exact same excuse.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/329145-spicer-trump-wont-release-taxes-because-of-audit

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

oops i forgot to tell a joke

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

It's not a good sign that, even against a lovely murderer, your little jabs come off as childish insults.

• Locked thread