Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
do u remember, 10 years ago, when u came

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Good to see a Senator from one of the bluest states using right wing talking points to bring down singlepayer.

I am asking her to retweet this on twitter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19LRYd4enG4

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

paranoid randroid posted:

I hear she transitioned and chilled out a whole lot and, hell, I'm glad of it

And Powerball was born

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Willa Rogers posted:

she has no clue that:

* the cost-sharing reductions are a complicated formula under which "these percentages apply over the whole group and will vary significantly across different enrollees; for some the plan will pay none of their costs and for others the plan may pay almost all of them."

* insurance/healthcare is still too expensive even with the CSRs in place, and when you get to the 3x multiplier for poor-ish olds, buying a silver plan with CSRs costs about twice as much as buying a lovely bronze plan and the 2 are pretty much a wash financially.

* medicare-for-all/single-payer doesn't mean "total takeover of healthcare by the government."

* that 80-some House members have co-sponsored the Medicare-for-All bill that Bernie's gonna bring to the Senate.

* that the ACA is pretty much dead anyway bc all five major insurers have pulled out of most markets this year or next and now one-third of all counties in the country only have one or two providers to choose from, bc enrollment in private plans is a pittance of what was once projected, and bc there was never any political will to make the mandate with $$$ teeth to get healthy young people to enroll.

but that's a bad dem for you: trying to smear more lipstick on the ACA pig.

cut her some slack, she doesn't get a chance to do healthcare deep dives when her schedule's crammed so full with meetings with defense lobbyists

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

logikv9 posted:

legends tell of even greater monsters that used to lurk the forums years past

That's true, I used to see 'em skulking about back in the days when one forums punishment was only being allowed to post in the coupons forum.

*spits into a spittoon from across the room, making a sound like a boxing bell*

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
*in serious voice*
I still remember August 18th, 2002, when you called me a "Gaylord Pussydick" in the Homestuck thread.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Someone itt --and they know they are-- mocked my effort in a Photoshop thread back in Feb 17, 2006 @ 7:35 p.m.

I hope you're fuckin' ashamed of yourself.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

I have in my hand a list of posters known to have ties to Helldump

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
I remember my first post in D&D like it was yesterday... I got into a semantics argument and said gently caress it & never posted there again. Really good decision.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Al! posted:

I have in my hand a list of posters known to have ties to Helldump

Boniface did nothing wrong

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

logikv9 posted:

legends tell of even greater monsters that used to lurk the forums years past

Time was, all you had to do was mention the name "Qualnor" and he'd inevitably show up in the thread as he namesearched himself periodically throughout the day.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Homeless Friend posted:

I remember my first post in D&D like it was yesterday... I got into a semantics argument and said gently caress it & never posted there again. Really good decision.

Every argument on the internet is a semantics argument

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Al! posted:

Every argument on the internet is a semantics argument

Well sure, by that definition of semantic argument.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
first d&d argument I ever done had was after I suggested you probably shouldn't shoot someone for stealing your McCain yard sign

different times, man

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

first d&d argument I ever done had was after I suggested you probably shouldn't shoot someone for stealing your McCain yard sign

different times, man

The first time i got dogpiled for counterjerking in LF was when I suggested a vet who killed myself from PTSD might have been human because he clearly was wracked with guilt

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

different times, man

First argument I had in Current Events, was....gently caress I don't know, probably telling someone that I wasn't McCaine and those weren't photos of me? That was like fifteen years ago I don't remember.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Ace of Baes posted:

*in serious voice*
I still remember August 18th, 2002, when you called me a "Gaylord Pussydick" in the Homestuck thread.

Jesus Christ this gave me a panic attack. Home stuck is NOT 15 years old

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Terror Sweat posted:

Yet

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Terror Sweat posted:

Soon. Sooner with every passing moment.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
i went into d&d once to see why crazy cloud got three days and laughed

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Terror Sweat posted:

This makes me feel better about myself, not knowing or caring what Homestuck is ☺️

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Terror Sweat posted:

Homestuck has always been and has always been in a paradox state of simulataneously over and not over

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
I shouldn't believe it's not succc

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
:gethill:

mormonpartyboat posted:

i went into d&d once to see why crazy cloud got three days and laughed

i actually remember that, jeez fuckin d&d is lame

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

Please do not call me "Lil' Homie Gay rear end"
on my profile thanks

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

do you think the dems will throw ossoff some support for the runoff?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
:krakken:

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Homeless Friend posted:

yeah but do u remember your OP for the Hillary thread lol

yeah she won the election and is president abuela now what of it

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Willa Rogers posted:

Dems welcome Bernie takeover except the story quotes a lot of anon sources that proves that they don't welcome him.

"One Democratic consultant who supported Clinton joked that it was the “Bernie Band-Aid tour: We’ll slap him over our problems but fundamentally change nothing.”"

The Democrats!

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Me neither Bernie.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

GodFish posted:

"One Democratic consultant who supported Clinton joked that it was the “Bernie Band-Aid tour: We’ll slap him over our problems but fundamentally change nothing.”"

The Democrats!

to be honest i cant tell what side of the line that mot of cynicism is supposed to fall on

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
i love bernie as much as the next bro but he i wont be happy until he helps primary every bad dem

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Andrei Dorkovsky posted:

i love bernie as much as the next bro but he i wont be happy until he helps primary every bad dem

good

also lol at the hillaries that still pretend bernie didn't help hillary tons cause he didn't wanna say "i'm with her" in an ad

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

that includes elizabeth warren now right? cuz she stood in front of that little girl statue for a twitter picture?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
can i get a printout of oyster smiling

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/garbagekate/status/854538657604055040

jesus loving christ

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i mean, that whole goddamned thread is an absolute horror show confirming the worst of everything terrible we've suspected or feared when it came to dread abuela, shittiest of poo poo candidates

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
spill the beans zdr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro

Homeless Friend posted:

spill the beans zdr

heres a video of a key clinton campaign brainstorming sesh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA15oCKCYHM&t=121s