Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
oh my god daisy is going to gently caress up the entire world

like the whole world is going to be one giant pile of wreckage with her going :catstare: on top

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Oh man, Daisy :smith:

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Happy birthday, Chloe. Here are some powers.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
what's going to be really funny is when she has like the ability to make little colored lights instead of huge vibrations

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

So what would be stopping Aida from resetting the world and removing Daisy's terrigen powers again? She made it seem like it would be pretty easy to do when talking about bring Lincoln(Iol) back.

I hope Aida was smart enough to have thought of this and Daisy's powers are something new and completely useless.

Chokes McGee posted:

what's going to be really funny is when she has like the ability to make little colored lights instead of huge vibrations

:hfive:

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Yeah, next week is going to be awesome.

E: She can turn slices of bread into powdered toast.

Mental Hospitality fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Apr 19, 2017

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Go and gently caress some poo poo up girl.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
That British Hydra newscaster in the preview looks familiar

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

So what would be stopping Aida from resetting the world and removing Daisy's terrigen powers again? She made it seem like it would be pretty easy to do when talking about bring Lincoln(Iol) back.

I hope Aida was smart enough to have thought of this and Daisy's powers are something new and completely useless.

all joking aside she will not have been because we're coming down on the end of the season and it's catharsis time, bitches :kheldragar:

Also, it was subtle, but I like how Phil yelled out "May snap out of it" even though he's never met her.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

achillesforever6 posted:

That British Hydra newscaster in the preview looks familiar

It's Bakshi isn't it? They mentioned him as a newsperson tonight

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Chokes McGee posted:

This would indeed be humorous.

It would be an interesting storyline to me if she was adjusting to a different but powerful powerset too.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

howe_sam posted:

It's Bakshi isn't it? They mentioned him as a newsperson tonight
Indeed it is

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Let's loving go. :black101:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I want a GIF of that goddamn smile before she completely cocoons. Somebody make it happen stat.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Also, look, Hydra scientist from early season 2!

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Chokes McGee posted:

I want a GIF of that goddamn smile before she completely cocoons. Somebody make it happen stat.

I'm not gonna be able to do gifs until tomorrow when the iTunes version is out. :(. I'm sure someone's on it already, though.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

PunkBoy posted:

I'm not gonna be able to do gifs until tomorrow when the iTunes version is out. :(. I'm sure someone's on it already, though.

No worries, I mean I want it now because it was awesome but you do good work. tyt

I liked it enough I may very well make it my AV though.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

They really shouldn't have put B.J. Britt's name in the credits. And when they showed "With Jason Mara", I knew Mace wouldn't make it out. Here's hoping there's a backup of his mind somewhere, and that they can download it into an LMD.

"Follow me, and try not to shoot me..." was a great line!

Also, while I'm happy to see Ward and Trip and even Bakshi back, it just makes me extra sad that we can't have John Garrett back. :smith:

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Apr 19, 2017

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I had legit tearing-up happening when Mace died. Although that ending was fantastic.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Too bad Whitehall doesn't seem to be coming back. I liked his character a lot.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Skye is going to be A Problem for Hydra next episode. Or completely destroy herself due to not getting the full Inhuman spa treatment. We'll see!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Apoplexy posted:

I had legit tearing-up happening when Mace died. Although that ending was fantastic.

At least he to show the world the kind of man he is. He always had it, he just needed a little extra to show it. :unsmith:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

OB_Juan posted:

Skye is going to be

ahem ahem ahem

*blows pitch pipe* me me meeeeeee

THAT'S NOT HER NAME

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mental Hospitality posted:

Patriots can't hold steel beams. :smith:

My girlfriend got out of bed to ask why I'm cackling like a goddamned idiot.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

This show keeps killing off people I like, but at least they earn it.

And also, Daisy's smile as the cocoon closed was well supported by the swelling of her theme in the soundtrack. I'm so glad my brother noticed their use and re-use of that thing a year ago, it's been neat to recognize.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Noooooo Captain America!
Yessssss Quake!

edit: I wonder how much of an individual Aida can alter. Maybe it's memories of events, but not a person's biological components of residual self-image (to borrow from The Matrix)?

hiddenriverninja fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Apr 19, 2017

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Daisy is actually psyclops in this universe

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Coffee Mugshot posted:

Daisy is actually psyclops in this universe

This would be a legitimately hilarious time to use a version of Squirrel Girl.

Bruceski posted:

It is a crime against humanity Walking Dead is a ratings juggernaut while Shield's always on the bubble.

notthegoatseguy posted:

Too bad Whitehall doesn't seem to be coming back. I liked his character a lot.

Whitehall or Skye's mother showing up as heroes would be great.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Apr 19, 2017

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Fuuuuck I wanted Mace to survive. :(

But MOTHERFUCKING MAY WITH THE BIG SAVE!

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
There's still a chance we end up with LMD Mace out of this, at least.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
I'm gonna laugh when Ward's "How do you know this isn't the real world" speech turns out to actually be the truth and this is the show's way to finally 100% sever ties to the MCU and make people shut up about it forever...

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Kheldarn posted:

They really shouldn't have put B.J. Britt's name in the credits. And when they showed "With Jason Mara", I knew Mace wouldn't make it out. Here's hoping there's a backup of his mind somewhere, and that they can download it into an LMD.

"Follow me, and try not to shoot me..." was a great line!

Also, while I'm happy to see Ward and Trip and even Bakshi back, it just makes me extra sad that we can't have John Garrett back. :smith:

The credits thing is actually a pretty big deal. SAG requirements force them to do things the way they do. Breaking Bad had to get special approval for the pentultimate episode to delay the opening credits. Moving an actor from Above The Line to Below is way harder than it sounds, but only because of archaic guild rules.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Fuuuuck I wanted Mace to survive. :(

Mace really won me over. The fact he got to go out being what he really wanted to be - it's telling that he was an actual inhuman in the system - was a real nice moment for the character.

I also strongly thing that the real May is going to die in the simulation, but because Daisy's realizing that the AI can feel emotion, they'll keep her around.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Bruceski posted:

Welcome to The Whedons. The only thing they know how to do is kill people off. They do it so much that I don't even care when it happens anymore.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

The credits thing is actually a pretty big deal. SAG requirements force them to do things the way they do. Breaking Bad had to get special approval for the pentultimate episode to delay the opening credits. Moving an actor from Above The Line to Below is way harder than it sounds, but only because of archaic guild rules.

One more reason poo poo like SAG needs to go. If I want to surprise viewers with someone, it's my show, I should be able to do it.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I'm a couple weeks late with the revelation, but I just remembered what the Framework has been reminding me of - Star Trek V.

Spock's half brother Sybok is on a mission to find god and he recruits people by "taking away their pain", i.e. removing their most traumatic memories.

However, as the wiki states, "Kirk refuses the Vulcan's offer, telling him that his pain is what makes him human".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYW_lPlekiQ

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Blazing Ownager posted:

Mace really won me over. The fact he got to go out being what he really wanted to be - it's telling that he was an actual inhuman in the system - was a real nice moment for the character.

I also strongly thing that the real May is going to die in the simulation, but because Daisy's realizing that the AI can feel emotion, they'll keep her around.

Did anyone actually terrigen-check Mace? It'd be kind of tragic if he were an Inhuman all along but no one bothered to concoon him up because of lack of crystals.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
The big cast reunion does feel like they're doing this just before the show gets canned, not that they would know about it when writing and shooting these episodes.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Chokes McGee posted:

Did anyone actually terrigen-check Mace? It'd be kind of tragic if he were an Inhuman all along but no one bothered to concoon him up because of lack of crystals.

Probably not a good idea because if you did check in the real world, he'd be dead if he wasn't.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

notthegoatseguy posted:

Probably not a good idea because if you did check in the real world, he'd be dead if he wasn't.

Nah. That was only for the impure Terragen that Xiyang had. Pure Terragen doesn't harm non-Inhumans, or else May would have died when she used the crystal on Daisy.

Also, a bonus: This time, Daisy's Terragenesis won't kill Trip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

notthegoatseguy posted:

No, this is still not how pure terrigen works.

• Locked thread