Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

wezmon posted:

I just really overthinking this, aren't I...?

Yes.
Just ask mate, you'll be right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Ramensnypa :hellyeah:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Andrast posted:

Give me more fire emblem

There's that new Fire Emblem Echoes coming next month for the 3DS.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Wheany posted:

They broke it in relatively insignificant ways. Added a few extra colors to the NES palette, made the display widescreen, allowed sprites to use 6 colors instead of 3 (so every sprite can be "made from 2 sprites" like Mega man), stuff like that.

Like the game is impossible to port as-is to NES, but it's an "idealized" NES game.

yeah it's very much the nes how the average person would remember it. it successfully evokes the nes and remains relatively faithful without being hampered by its limitations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Rexroom posted:

What's the deal with that anyway? Is it an entirely new game or a remake of anything?

Cardboard Box posted:

yeah it's very much the nes how the average person would remember it. it successfully evokes the nes and remains relatively faithful without being hampered by its limitations.

Shovel Knight, but with Dragon's Traps aesthetic :swoon:

x game, but with Dragon's Traps aesthetic :syoon:

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010

Infinitum posted:

What's the deal with that anyway? Is it an entirely new game or a remake of anything?

Shovel Knight, but with Dragon's Traps aesthetic :swoon:

Remake of Fire Emblem Gaiden. All characters are now hotter but you can't marry them. It has had good Japanese reviews plus there are amiibo.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Infinitum posted:

It's a remake of the second Fire Emblem for the NES.

e: dammit

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Infinitum posted:

This is correct.

The judges would also have accepted "cuphead aesthetic"

Edit: Secret third option: Guilty gear xrd aesthetic.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Infinitum posted:

An official translation of Seiken Densetsu 3? :swoon:

My deep dark secret is that I have never played SD3
Or Majora's Mask
Or Skyward Sword
Or Secret of Evermore
Or Chrono Trigger

My god, you poor neglected child. :stare:

Majora's Mask is overrated and I never played Skyward Sword either, though it didn't sound very good. CT and SoE are both fanatastic though and CT is available on mobile.

It'd be especially wonderful if the SD collection added native 3 player co-op to SD3 instead of just being 2 player. Especially since a 3p romhack exists so it's not like doing so is impossible.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I want Mario Kart so I can do this again

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rexroom posted:

I am aware. I'm going to play it.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

bowmore posted:

I want Mario Kart so I can do this again

the best is when someone runs a really clean race but has to pull over inches in front of the finish line and chug super frantically because they still have 95% of their beer left and the pack is catching up with them

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Chug one entire can of beer? You'd have to be superhuman!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Infinitum posted:

Yes.
Just ask mate, you'll be right.

I'm so curious about the lore of this game.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Smash on the Switch would own because all those turbo nerds who insist on having MAXIMUM RESPONSE TIME with wired controllers would occasionally lose sync with the left joycon and kill themselves.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Smash on the Switch would own because all those turbo nerds who insist on having MAXIMUM RESPONSE TIME with wired controllers would occasionally lose sync with the left joycon and kill themselves.

I'd be shocked if the Wii U GameCube adaptor didn't work with it. That's probably a major reason for the USB ports on the dock.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Proof that Nintendo perfected the controller with Gamecube and every controller after that has been a dumb gimmick

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Nintendo literally brought out a Gamecube controller just for Smash Bros on WiiU.

Wouldn't be a stretch to see them do it again.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Wheany posted:

Proof that Nintendo perfected the controller with Gamecube and every controller after that has been a dumb gimmick
Yep

I'm surprised the Pro Controller wasn't a black Gamecube controller

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

man i loved the gamecube, it was the only console i had during that generation, but i just don't get the love for that controller. like, it's okay, but the design looks like a weird madcatz controller, the triggers are mushy and weird, and the c-stick instead of a regular right analog stick never felt right, especially for shooters. i realize this is not a popular opinion but i just have zero nostalgia for that controller.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Or that time Nintendo made a controller just for Pokken Tournament

For some reason..

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

bowmore posted:

Yep

I'm surprised the Pro Controller wasn't a black Gamecube controller

I'm glad it wasn't. The Switch Pro controller is so much better.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Infinitum posted:

Or that time Nintendo made a controller just for Pokken Tournament

For some reason..

wow i've never even seen that before, the gently caress

Evil Fluffy posted:

I'm glad it wasn't. The Switch Pro controller is so much better.

i'm a big fan of the switch pro controller, i just wish the d-pad was a little less finicky and that the triggers were analog, but other than that i like it almost as much as the dualshock 4.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Cardboard Box posted:

wow i've never even seen that before, the gently caress

I believe it was produced to mirror the super wide arcade controller, and to reduce latency as much as possible.

Yeah it's fuckin weiiiiird

bobvonunheil
Mar 18, 2007

Board games and tea
Anyone here played Crawl? Version 1.0 just dropped (after being in "beta" for about 3 years) and it would be about the best possible Switch game that you could hope for, and the developers have confirmed that they are actively looking at bringing it to the Switch.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Any chance of a non-Play-Asia preorder link?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Eurogamer says the SNES Mini is coming.

https://twitter.com/eurogamer/status/854645542005223426

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Eurogamer says a lot of things.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
It will only play Tokimeki Memorial.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Don't toy with my emotions, Eurogamer

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Can't wait to not get that one either

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Everyone is speculating this is the case but that's because people can't just accept that maybe Nintendo was just dumb as gently caress about the NES Classic

Sources already tell people that there is a Switch Mini that can't be dock coming out FY 2019. Sources say stupid poo poo.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I just want four different colored joycons is that so much to ask

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dr Cheeto posted:

Red
Blue
Grey
Yellow

Honestly I couldn't give a poo poo about a potential SNES Mini after they've cancelled production on the NES Mini with so many people still wanting one.

SNES themed joycons on the other hand..

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I put a little more stock in Eurogamer after last year. They got the Switch right.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Dr Cheeto posted:

Grey/Red/Blue/Yellow

e: Beaten

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Policenaut posted:

I'd honestly be only half-surprised if Nintendo didn't go out of their way to make Smash 4 Deluxe or whatever they would call it. You can never really tell with them sometimes.

Just like how they didn't port mk8 over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Oh hey I forgot about the Fast RMX update but I guess it's live

I'd love to test the online friend support but I don't have any friends

• Locked thread