Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
It's been done apparently. CPS in North Carolina from a previous complaint found child abuse but CPS in Maryland disagreed. Since they live in Maryland nothing happened though.

I'm going by reddit though so who the gently caress knows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Chromatic posted:

It's been done apparently. CPS in North Carolina from a previous complaint found child abuse but CPS in Maryland disagreed. Since they live in Maryland nothing happened though.

I'm going by reddit though so who the gently caress knows

Well the dad posted a video of the mother having a meltdown on twitter while he plays audio from a phone, which I think sounds like they're trying to lawyer up. Can't say I feel sorry for them. They're loving scum.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Apr 19, 2017

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Philip DeFranco sicced his followers on a woman that criticized him on Twitter. He's also one of those "I'm neutral and above the situation"-type assholes that is the absolute worst in my opinion.

poparena
Oct 31, 2012

Gonna be reviewing the new series of Doctor Who. Here's my video on "The Pilot."

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I just got done watching the premiere like half an hour ago and I'd say that review is pretty spot on. Though it's pretty much stated straight up in the closing minutes that Heather's gonna be coming back eventually with that "Maybe we'll find her out there somewhere" line. But, who knows maybe she won't.

I'm kind of disappointed that the rest of Pearl Mackie's character reveal scene from last year wasn't in the episode. Seeing the full context of that little snippet, yeah it would drag the scene on too long, but that "Is there a Dalek in the back with no gun and two suckers and it's really hacked off? :haw:" line is just loving priceless.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
I just came across this: Someone made a response video to HBomb's Dark Souls 2 video.

I only watched a couple of minutes of it, since I'd like to play Dark Souls 2 before I watch any videos about it.

echopapa
Jun 2, 2005

El Presidente smiles upon this thread.
I’m a former divorce lawyer. There are lots and lots of parents who think that this Daddy of 5 stuff is both hilarious and entirely appropriate, because they view their children as extensions of themselves: if I think this is funny, then my child must think this is funny as well.

Bonus sad divorce lawyer story! My client and her husband got into an argument shortly before Christmas. On Christmas Eve, after the kids went to bed, husband gathered up all the toys under the Christmas tree and drove them to the city dump. The next morning, the children awoke to find their father, who explained, “Santa didn’t come this year because Mommy was bad.”

Bad Wolf
Apr 7, 2007
Without evil there could be no good, so it must be good to be evil sometime !

echopapa posted:

I’m a former divorce lawyer. There are lots and lots of parents who think that this Daddy of 5 stuff is both hilarious and entirely appropriate, because they view their children as extensions of themselves: if I think this is funny, then my child must think this is funny as well.

Bonus sad divorce lawyer story! My client and her husband got into an argument shortly before Christmas. On Christmas Eve, after the kids went to bed, husband gathered up all the toys under the Christmas tree and drove them to the city dump. The next morning, the children awoke to find their father, who explained, “Santa didn’t come this year because Mommy was bad.”

He could have at least sold the stuff to invest in a hot dog business or something.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Max Wilco posted:

I just came across this: Someone made a response video to HBomb's Dark Souls 2 video.

I only watched a couple of minutes of it, since I'd like to play Dark Souls 2 before I watch any videos about it.

This just further convinces me that Hbomb needs to get to that prequel defense video.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

To which I hope RLM puts a counter one right out.

It'll be the same video but with the words gently caress YOU covering the screen.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Max Wilco posted:

Actually, Hbombguy's video was for entertainment purposes, not intended to be taken seriously, merely provoking and slyly observing within character, and definitely not just talking out of his rear end for an hour https://curiouscat.me/Hbomberguy/post/135486811?t=1492394149

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I thought Hbomb's gimmick was being a contrarian.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben
Is he the asexually reproduced offspring of Ted Rall?

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

HolePisser1982 posted:

Actually, Hbombguy's video was for entertainment purposes, not intended to be taken seriously, merely provoking and slyly observing within character, and definitely not just talking out of his rear end for an hour https://curiouscat.me/Hbomberguy/post/135486811?t=1492394149
hbomb always sounds like that no matter who he's talking to, if he's given time to write a script/post. Hence why he was generally an argumentative shitposter in this thread until he started posting content on youtube regularly. Like he can be very funny and even make excellent points, but if there is a pedantic argument hole around, eh will jump into it and wallow in it for hours.

That is of course why he is the best internet critic.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

HolePisser1982 posted:

That's quite an interpretation of that curiouscat

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Trojan Kaiju posted:

That's quite an interpretation of that curiouscat

It's just my provocative persona (a little over the top, even)

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

First I get dressed in the full Jimquisition dictator getup, then I set up the big red banners behind me, then I act within a clearly joking persona

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

the history of all dead generations,
Dark Souls 2 is the best game in the souls series (not counting Bloodborne, which is better) and it's good to have that fact pointed out by an objective source like Homberguy.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Ralph Sepe talks about loving bigfoot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikHBtzay1lY

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

I agree with most of this too, nice video! I haven't watched Who since Capaldi's first few episodes and I absolutely loved this new episode. Bill is great. The whole thing was delightful. And I like Nardole, but I'm always way happier with three in the TARDIS just for how it shifts the dynamics. Of course I've never seen him before so I might just be liking Matt Lucas.

SpaceCommie
Oct 2, 2008

I'm escaping to the one place that hasn't been corrupted by Capitalism ...

SPACE!

Hbombs vid seemed to be him explaining why he personally disagrees with the rabbit disease guy. He just did it whilst sounding like he thinks his interpretation is objectively true whilst everyone else is dumb and wrong. Basically he stole Stewart Lee's thing.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Nine seasons of searching Bigfoot

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk:
It sounded to me like hbomb was trying not only come off as trying to be objective in the Ds2 review, since he went off on a couple of "it's OK if you don't agree" tangents throughout the video.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
I've never played a dark souls game, but hbomb's critiques of dark souls 2 sounded pretty compelling. I'm not sure how much of what he enjoys about the game was intentional by the developers, but we all know about hbomb's opinion on authors and their subsequent murder by The Public.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
How was he even insulting to Matthewmatosis? I mean, he made fun of him for not getting that you shouldn't lock on when fighting multiple enemies, but that's both accurate and funny.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer

So he reviewed The Geek too? :v:

I'd really love to see someone dig into more of these "documentary" series where nothing happens. Anyone here know any TV reviewers who do that?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

HopperUK posted:

I agree with most of this too, nice video! I haven't watched Who since Capaldi's first few episodes and I absolutely loved this new episode. Bill is great. The whole thing was delightful. And I like Nardole, but I'm always way happier with three in the TARDIS just for how it shifts the dynamics. Of course I've never seen him before so I might just be liking Matt Lucas.

Nardole's been in the last two Christmas specials, but it's kind of like he's a different character so far at least compared to how he acts in The Husbands of River Song. I haven't seen the last special so I don't know what he's like there. But for the most part I did enjoy Nardole's new role of basically the Kif Kroker to the Doctor's Zapp Brannigan.

lornekates
Oct 3, 2014

Web Developer for phelous.com dot com.

CelticPredator posted:

I think that guy is an internet internet critic so, it counts.

And we're criticizing him.

On the internet.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

lornekates posted:

And we're criticizing him.

On the internet.

Internet Critic Critique Thread 4.0: Hbomb said what about Dark Souls 2

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

lmao

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Hahaha, oh wow.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
They're now saying all the pranks and the times the dude shoved his kid into a bookshelf face first and all of the shenanigans were faked and scripted.

They also blame Defranco for this whole mess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AyL7U4HW10

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Vanderdeath posted:

Philip DeFranco sicced his followers on a woman that criticized him on Twitter. He's also one of those "I'm neutral and above the situation"-type assholes that is the absolute worst in my opinion.

What was this? I haven't heard about it.

Chromatic posted:

They're now saying all the pranks and the times the dude shoved his kid into a bookshelf face first and all of the shenanigans were faked and scripted.

"It was just a meta prank, bro!" is probably the least surprising defense they could have leaned on. If true,* those kids need to be get into acting because they've got serious acting chops.

* It isn't.

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

Thon oval office over yonder YouTube channel! Forsooth!

KayTee fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Apr 19, 2017

SpaceCommie
Oct 2, 2008

I'm escaping to the one place that hasn't been corrupted by Capitalism ...

SPACE!

I hope everyone can now agree that HBomb's video was very important and worthwhile. Without it we wouldn't have this.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

Chromatic posted:

I hope their children are taken away and given to hbomber. Imagine racists wailing and gnashing their teeth over him indoctrinating the kids into sjw cucks.

Worst thing he can do is tricking them into​ liking the prequels.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Mad Lupine posted:

Worst thing he can do is tricking them into​ liking the prequels.

I think they've suffered enough already.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

SpaceCommie posted:

I hope everyone can now agree that HBomb's video was very important and worthwhile. Without it we wouldn't have this.

Here I thought nothing could get me more pumped for life than More Dark Souls 2 Slapfights, but then people threw Internet Critics into the mix...

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I appreciate he just cut through all the bullshit and put a stop to the peanut gallery egging him for a "how dare he!" response.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Chromatic posted:

Ah yes, like the very scripted parts where the other kid is sitting on him and bending the glasses boy's back back so hard it looked like it he would probably snap.

Or the broken technology.

Or traumatizing them thinking their mom's dead in that purge thing and whatever else.

They were definitely "acting" I mean it's obvious.

• Locked thread