Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Illuminti
Dec 3, 2005

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

the real charlatans are the legacy corporate media who are toeing the deep state party line and youre being conned by them

I love how the Deep State is now the flavour de jour. "Quick, can anything explain the dumpster fire that is Trumps whitehouse! The what? Shadowy unknown figures controlling the world? Sounds perfect!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i shouldn't of said deep state, globalist was the appropriate term.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
ah yes, blame the jews. this is a better look for you, washed up opiate addict man

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

JUST MAKING CHILI posted:

In a not quite suprising combination of the catpiss thread and this thread, I found out this weekend that one of the members of my D&D group is a Rodney King truther. As in, he was the only one in the car to get "restrained" and it was totally justified because he did a "crocodile death roll" to keep from getting cuffed and those cops totally got a bad rap.

All I could respond to him was "did you see the video? they were beating the poo poo out of him". His response was "i was THERE, and those were acceptable restraint tactics!!!".

Is" crocodile death roll" some kind of phone game mutation of "gator roll", which is an actual head and arm choke? Because Rodney King was not doing a gator roll on the police, wtf.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

cis autodrag posted:

Is" crocodile death roll" some kind of phone game mutation of "gator roll", which is an actual head and arm choke? Because Rodney King was not doing a gator roll on the police, wtf.

didn't you see the video? rodney king was attempting to pull LAPD officers into a drainage ditch so he could drown and eat them. thats why it happened at night

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

i shouldn't of said deep state, globalist was the appropriate term.

How does this help at all? You're just switching out one undefined group of boogeymen for a different, vaguely Jewish undefined group of boogeymen.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Goon Danton posted:

How does this help at all? You're just switching out one undefined group of boogeymen for a different, vaguely Jewish undefined group of boogeymen.

I believe the fellow may be experimenting with different outer narrative's to see what the thread will find acceptable in order to provide a framework to explain his inner narrative.

smoke sumthin bitch may I ask you for a detailed explanation of your beliefs about the globalists? Let us say for the sake of argument that I completely agree with the existence of the globalists but am otherwise ignorant of what they do, how they do it, and what their ultimate objectives seem to be. I would be most interested if you could explain the globalists in detail, or at the very least give me a pencil outline of the globalists that explains the three things I mentioned above. (What they do, how they do it, and what their ultimate objective seems to be.)

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

cis autodrag posted:

it's like "terrorist fist jab" from sometime during Obama's first term, which was literally just a fist bump

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It's funny that the mandela effect crap is always stuff that used to be known as popular misconceptions not that long ago.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

don't underestimate the power of the internet, aka millions, perhaps billions of people on the schizophrenia spectrum communicating with each other

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

GutBomb posted:

What do flat earthers say about the easily observable universe through telescopes and even binoculars that show how everything moves and that just about everything else out there is a sphere and everything moves in orbital patterns? Or do they just not say anything?

Or even how do they explain the existence of something as fundamental as a horizon? It seems like such an easy thing to disprove. I don't get it.

I've had people tell me with dead seriousness that every image of the curve on the horizon is just a visual trick and the curve is a false perception or some poo poo, and that no matter how it's being shown it's not actual curved. I've never been able to listen to one of them explain international air travel (or a great deal of other things) without just tuning them out because that level of stupidity should be a crime.

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
globalism is the ideology of corporate technocratic rule. the erosion of national sovereignty, mass immigration and exportation of jobs to the third world to devaluate wages as much as possible, HUGE government subsidies and bail outs. unwoke confused "progressives" usually refer to this as capitalism but it has nothing to do with the free market. It says a lot about you guys and your anti semitic ways that you just assume the world is run by jews and that globalism refers to them

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Evil Fluffy posted:

I've had people tell me with dead seriousness that every image of the curve on the horizon is just a visual trick and the curve is a false perception or some poo poo, and that no matter how it's being shown it's not actual curved. I've never been able to listen to one of them explain international air travel (or a great deal of other things) without just tuning them out because that level of stupidity should be a crime.

This person I know that turned flat-earther was just yesterday explaining that on twitter. It was some crazyness about the airplane routes making no sense if the earth were a globe, but perfect sense considering it is a circular plane.

Also, he was explaining that the UN map is the flat earth map:

Which proves the international satanic conspiracy. Also, there is no gravity, things fall because of density or whatever

Its amazing, I just can stop watching him go nuts

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

globalism is the ideology of corporate technocratic rule. the erosion of national sovereignty, mass immigration and exportation of jobs to the third world to devaluate wages as much as possible, HUGE government subsidies and bail outs. unwoke confused "progressives" usually refer to this as capitalism but it has nothing to do with the free market. It says a lot about you guys and your anti semitic ways that you just assume the world is run by jews and that globalism refers to them

it does.

globalization is an economic strategy.

Reflections85
Apr 30, 2013

gently caress it, I'll bite. How does it have nothing to do with free markets? The basic capitalist claim is that markets aggregate preferences in such a way as to efficiently distribute scarce goods. Trade barriers, tariffs, borders all make that more difficult because they artificially increase or decrease the costs of goods and labor.

To give an example, the UK could ban all French wine to stimulate its own wine production, but 1) reducing the supply of wine like that would increase prices (because demand would remain relatively the same) and 2) there is no guarantee that British wine would be as good as French wine. That's the whole point of the principle of comparative advantage.

So, if workers in developed countries are demanding too high wages and transportation costs of goods are low, then it makes sense to go to third world countries and have them labor or to drive down the wages of workers in the developed world. Similarly if people from out of the country are willing to work at very cheap prices and willing to enter the country it makes sense to higher them to do the work at lower wages.

Tariffs and borders interfere with that process of allocation.

The only uncapitalist thing about it might be subsidies and bailouts but for negative externalities both are legitimate capitalist instruments. And even if in the cases you speak of they are not, a number of things artificially drive first world wages up (education, unionization, minimum wage laws, borders, Tariffs, licensing laws, etc.).

I mean I'd say the system I described is horrifically immoral, but it sounds free markety and capitalist enough to me.

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Reflections85 posted:

gently caress it, I'll bite. How does it have nothing to do with free markets? The basic capitalist claim is that markets aggregate preferences in such a way as to efficiently distribute scarce goods. Trade barriers, tariffs, borders all make that more difficult because they artificially increase or decrease the costs of goods and labor.

To give an example, the UK could ban all French wine to stimulate its own wine production, but 1) reducing the supply of wine like that would increase prices (because demand would remain relatively the same) and 2) there is no guarantee that British wine would be as good as French wine. That's the whole point of the principle of comparative advantage.

So, if workers in developed countries are demanding too high wages and transportation costs of goods are low, then it makes sense to go to third world countries and have them labor or to drive down the wages of workers in the developed world. Similarly if people from out of the country are willing to work at very cheap prices and willing to enter the country it makes sense to higher them to do the work at lower wages.

Tariffs and borders interfere with that process of allocation.

The only uncapitalist thing about it might be subsidies and bailouts but for negative externalities both are legitimate capitalist instruments. And even if in the cases you speak of they are not, a number of things artificially drive first world wages up (education, unionization, minimum wage laws, borders, Tariffs, licensing laws, etc.).

I mean I'd say the system I described is horrifically immoral, but it sounds free markety and capitalist enough to me.

its not capitalism because the people of the third world are not free by any metric so the value of their labor is artificially kept at rock bottom like in communist china where the workforce is enslaved and factories are surrounded by suicide nets. Competition is supposed to be the god of capitalism, globalists do everything in their powers to avoid it. international corporatism and capitalism are not the same thing. Remember when john d rockefeller said competition is a sin? thats their ideological pillar

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

It says a lot about you guys and your anti semitic ways that you just assume the world is run by jews and that globalism refers to them

it's nobody's problem but yours if you modify your weird drug hallucinations from "jew bankers control the world" to "jew bankers control the world" because you're too lazy to research the origin of your cliched babbling

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

its not capitalism because the people of the third world are not free by any metric so the value of their labor is artificially kept at rock bottom like in communist china where the workforce is enslaved and factories are surrounded by suicide nets. Competition is supposed to be the god of capitalism, globalists do everything in their powers to avoid it. international corporatism and capitalism are not the same thing. Remember when john d rockefeller said competition is a sin? thats their ideological pillar

Competition is to capitalism what E Pluribus Unim is to the US. It's a nice sounding value to talk about but it goes right out the door once someone sees an advantage in forsaking the ideas it represents. Capitalism isn't what it says it is, it's what it does.

Reflections85
Apr 30, 2013

China would be second world rather than third world, since it was part of the communist bloc. But ignoring that, you mention suicide nets, which most people associate with Foxconn. How are those workers enslaved? Foxconn is a publicly traded company, from what I understand they are allowed to set wages as they see fit and workers choose to accept those wages or not. What laws in China make workers enslaved to Foxconn?

I accept that they have bad working conditions, but Poles have bad working conditions compared to the French or British, and most sweatshop workers in India have bad working conditions, etc., but it hardly seems like this means their wages are artificially low. It seems more likely that people in the US and Western Europe are used to very high wages due to government and union intervention (such as artificially restricting the work day, having a minimum wage, preventing children from working, creating universal systems of insurance, having universal education, etc.) and due to the economic boom of the 50s (which was probably in part felt by the middle class because of incredibly high taxation on the wealthy [over 70% in some cases]).

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

alternative explanation: free markets with an excess of labor result in labor becoming very cheap; instead of a world of shady elites artificially controlling labor wages, perhaps feudalism is just the natural stable state of capitalism

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Apr 19, 2017

Illuminti
Dec 3, 2005

Destroying your competition is the god of capitalism. As someone already said, Capitalism is what it does not what it claims to be.

When you describe globalists you are actually describing capitalism doing what it does and tending towards a monopoly and exploiting labour. International Corporatism as you call it is the logical end point for Capitalism that isn't subject to good checks and balances. Soon as someone dominates a market they move to crush any opposition and innovation.

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Whatever name you wanna put on it it goes on and its loving us over and the media and our leaders are complicit. Thats why they try to villanise anyone using the term globalist and why basic individuals assume youre a retard conspiracy theorist/jew hater when you use that word.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Whatever name you wanna put on it it goes on and its loving us over and the media and our leaders are complicit. Thats why they try to villanise anyone using the term globalist and why basic individuals assume youre a retard conspiracy theorist/jew hater when you use that word.

yeah i cant imagine why anyone would think that someone referring to a jewish conspiracy to control the world would hate jews or believe in conspiracies

maybe if you take more opiates it will make sense

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
"Basic" individuals looking for code-words is extremely problematic.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

You're right. Unrestrained capitalism is loving us over. Welcome to the journey, comrade.

Illuminti
Dec 3, 2005

Whatever name you wanna put on it it goes on and its loving us over and the media and our leaders are complicit.

So I guess you're a Marxist now.

Thanks Obama!

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Alex Jones is part of the corporate globalism culture that you claim to oppose you fool. While you and the rest of his flock are falling for stories about crisis actors and a shadowy global government controlled by liberals, actual conservative politicians are trying their best to tear down the regulations that make the export of jobs appealing in the first place.

Jones has been doing a great job of deflecting your justified anger over the state of society from the actual culprits (modern conservative politicians) to a bunch of made-up phantoms

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

QuarkJets posted:

Alex Jones is part of the corporate globalism culture that you claim to oppose you fool. While you and the rest of his flock are falling for stories about crisis actors and a shadowy global government controlled by liberals, actual conservative politicians are trying their best to tear down the regulations that make the export of jobs appealing in the first place.

Jones has been doing a great job of deflecting your justified anger over the state of society from the actual culprits (modern conservative politicians) to a bunch of made-up phantoms

AJ was one of the strongest critics of g w and the bush crime family. He denounces neo-cons daily but you wouldnt know that because you never actually watched infowars and fell for the legacy media propaganda.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

AJ was one of the strongest critics of g w and the bush crime family. He denounces neo-cons daily but you wouldnt know that because you never actually watched infowars and fell for the legacy media propaganda.

Disliking GWB is not a magic spell that turns someone into a fighter for the common man. Nor does neoconservatism represent all conservatism; Alex Jones supports the kind of starve-the-beast conservative/libertarian policies that actually just further enrich the already-wealthy. Criticizing specific neoconservatives does not absolve him for ignoring the many other conservative politicians who are actively hurting the lower and middle classes, nor does it absolve him from trying to deflect the real problems with conservatism onto liberal personalities.

Donald Trump represents the corrupt global elite that you and Alex Jones claim to oppose, I'm sure it's coincidental that Donald Trump and Alex Jones are mutually-supportive friends.

Modrasone
Jul 27, 2008

HE WANTS THIS AND SO SHOULD YOU!

"g w and the bush crime family"

I love this. Your conditioning is proceeding well. Crime family. The shorthand you've learned from your masters is seeping into the words you type. Seeping into your thoughts too. All is proceeding as planned.

Let's try an exercise. Picture Hillary Clinton in your mind. Listen to your internal monologue. Spot all those words, those phrases, those memes, those photoshops that come from the research you have done. Good. That's it. They are showing you the truth of the woman. Let it wash over you. As you continue to picture her in your mind concentrate more and more on the memes. "Lock her up". "Shillary". "Vince Foster". "Oooh she fall down she reptile". Good. Empty your brain of all thought but the memes. They are the truth. This is your truth now. You are awake.

You are an enlightened initiate who knows the truth of life. You are on the side of the good guys. You know the truth of words and symbols that the uninitiated do not. You have a duty to tell the world this truth. Now slowly, slowly, open your eyes, back into the room, and tell me how the gently caress this isn't just a placeholder for religion.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Modrasone posted:

"g w and the bush crime family"

playing Tuesday night at O'Malley's, no cover

coathat
May 21, 2007

You guys are so crazy! Calling the poor Bush family criminals just because of their mountains of crimes. Shame!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

coathat posted:

You guys are so crazy! Calling the poor Bush family criminals just because of their mountains of crimes. Shame!

That's different from "crime family" which is usually used to refer to the loving mafia

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

I'm pretty sure the guy who sells fake medicine by exploiting men's insecurity in their masculinity pretty openly picked a side on the "lying business elites vs common people" war, but it's not the side ssb thinks.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Goon Danton posted:

I'm pretty sure the guy who sells fake medicine by exploiting men's insecurity in their masculinity pretty openly picked a side on the "lying business elites vs common people" war, but it's not the side ssb thinks.

good luck trying to convince a mark they're a mark

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
New content:

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

The formatting of those posts always makes my brain want to make a burst for freedom out of my ears and eyes. I have no idea how that is supposed to convey information.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Skinty McEdger posted:

The formatting of those posts always makes my brain want to make a burst for freedom out of my ears and eyes. I have no idea how that is supposed to convey information.

It's not. It's only supposed to look sufficiently information-y.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

It's the internet equivalent of a bunch of newspaper clippings with colored string connecting them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Goon Danton posted:

If alex jones is so garbage and on the side of the oppressive elite class, how bout yall suggest me some good woke political commenters i can listen to.

• Locked thread